Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman

Posted by: Hawke

Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 10/24/15 04:38 AM

Hi Everyone,

I am not the most prolific commenter here on the boards, but I am a huge fan of the show and have been working for a few weeks on a new podcast, Lois & Clark'd: The New Podcasts of Superman!

My friend and I will be looking at and discussing every episode of the show with guest viewers and hopefully some cool interviews along the way. More info to come, but in the meantime we have a Facebook page and Twitter to get news out to hopeful listeners! I sincerely hope everyone here enjoys the podcast and my cohost and I are looking forward to hearing from as many Lois and Clark fans as possible. First episode drops December 1st. Thanks everyone and talk soon!

Matt

UPDATE FROM THE FUTURE: We have officially launched our podcast. Listen on iTunes or Soundcloud or off our very own website, LoisandClarkdPodcast.com
Posted by: BevK

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 10/24/15 01:06 PM

Good idea! I've heard the show dissed by other podcasts so I'd be quite interested in hearing what fans have say about it. Will this be an hour format? A half hour? Fifteen minutes?
Drunk commentaries, huh? wink

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 10/24/15 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By: BevK
Good idea! I've heard the show dissed by other podcasts so I'd be quite interested in hearing what fans have say about it. Will this be an hour format? A half hour? Fifteen minutes?
Drunk commentaries, huh? wink

Thanks! They are generally hour long episodes so far (sometimes a lot more, few times a little less). We didn't set any time limits on ourselves so really its as long as we want it to be and have things to discuss. It will be an interesting (I hope) conversation too because I'm the diehard fan and my cohost isn't very familiar with the show. The fun thing for me has been seeing him get more and more into it as we go on.
Posted by: KateW

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 10/24/15 10:26 PM

Sounds interesting to me, too. My husband has slowly come around to liking the show, too, but he was never an avid Superman fan before. He is a fan of the Reeve movies but casually. He does agree with me that the L&C pilot episode would have been a good stand alone movie if the series didn't sell.

Kate

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 10/25/15 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By: KateW
...He does agree with me that the L&C pilot episode would have been a good stand alone movie if the series didn't sell.

Completely agree. In fact, I mention in the first podcast episode that this is hands down my favorite version of the origin story. What makes it for me is the emphasis on how badly Clark wants to help people that he refuses to just sit idly by and instead basically invents the superhero idea in order to help. That's MY Superman!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 10/26/15 10:38 PM

This sounds like good stuff. Can't wait for the particulars.
I don't use Facebook or Twitter so any comments I make will probably be here.
One topic of interest to me has always been the way he used his powers as Clark. Right out there in front of everyone, so quickly and surreptitiously that no one noticed!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 10/27/15 03:13 PM

One topic of interest to me has always been the way he used his powers as Clark. Right out there in front of everyone, so quickly and surreptitiously that no one noticed!

That's already come up a couple times! Especially in "Requiem of a Superhero" when he's just playing baseball with himself. Check yourself, Clark!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 10/31/15 10:01 PM

Happy Halloween from your friends @loisandclarkdpodcast! Well, maybe friends is a strong word? We haven’t even met yet. But we will and that friendship, ohhhh that friendship is gunna knock your socks off. Got some great podcast episodes and some very special guests lined up for you already, so get ready, it's about to get REAL!

Posted by: AdoreLoisClark

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 10/31/15 10:24 PM

Your podcasts sound fun, look forward to hearing them!!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/01/15 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By: AdoreLoisClark
Your podcasts sound fun, look forward to hearing them!!

Thanks very much! We are having a blast putting it together!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/04/15 05:31 AM

We are one month away from the first two episodes of Lois & Clark'd! Mark your calendars for December 1st!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/04/15 03:41 PM

I'm looking forward to it and any other posters you come up with. wink
Now, if you really want to get long time fans interested, mention the chemistry between the stars now and then. I don't believe in a real life romance, but I do acknowledge that Hatcher and Cain had chemistry.

Kate

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/05/15 09:53 AM

I was 10 to 13 when I first watched the show and I didn't know chemistry from a hole in the ground, so I never saw the adult references until years later- probably during the TNT or TBS (?) reruns. They were like verbal Easter eggs then. har
Posted by: SJH

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/05/15 03:11 PM

I think it was the first fantasy show to have the romantic leads talk about "precautions". I loved that.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/06/15 06:42 AM

Love everyone's reactions to Dean and Teri's chemistry! Definitely something we touch on quite a bit. It's kind of hard to ignore both of their charisma on screen!

On another note, happy to report that the third episode of the podcast will feature an interview with Bryce Zabel! Bryce was supervising producer on the first season and wrote "Strange Visitor," "The Green, Green Glow of Home," and "All Shook Up!"

He was so awesome to talk to and had some great insight and stories from his time on the show! He also has a new book out that is doing really well that's a "what if" story called Surrounded By Enemies: What If Kennedy Had Survived Dallas? Sounds like a very interesting conspiracy thread from the same guy who brought us Jason Trask and Bureau 39!

Starting to regret how early we announced the show because I'm dying to get episodes like this out to you all! Still lots of work to do (creating a website, writing a theme song) but it will be all worth it if fans enjoy it! Would love to know what you guys think we should discuss on the show and please feel free to email us at loisandclarkd@gmail.com with any comments or suggestions too.
Posted by: PMC12

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/06/15 05:43 PM

Would you try to get an interview with the actor Jim Pirri, who played Dan Scardino in the second season? I know that a couple of us would be interested in what he remembers about his role on the show.
Correct me if I'm wrong somebody, but he was supposed to be Lois's love interest. According to the original script she was supposed to dump Clark for him, but the script was leaked and fan outcry stopped that idea, and he became just a very exciting date who didn't run off unexpectedly all the time.
Just my luck, he probably hated it and would rather not remember anything about it!
Posted by: widget

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/06/15 11:36 PM

Originally Posted By: PMC12

Correct me if I'm wrong somebody, but he was supposed to be Lois's love interest. According to the original script she was supposed to dump Clark for him, but the script was leaked and fan outcry stopped that idea, and he became just a very exciting date who didn't run off unexpectedly all the time.

Here's a thread talking about this, with the lines from the original script posted and how fan outcry stopped that idea, like you said:

http://www.zoomway.net/ubbthreads/ubbthr...=true#Post13717

I did my original search on the word "boat" because I knew Zoom had talked about this multiple times, so scroll up a few posts for the script posted by PlanetGirl.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/07/15 11:30 AM

Would you try to get an interview with the actor Jim Pirri, who played Dan Scardino in the second season? I know that a couple of us would be interested in what he remembers about his role on the show.
Just my luck, he probably hated it and would rather not remember anything about it!

Good idea! I was going to email a similar idea to the podcast.
The internet wasn't what it is today, but look at the power it had even back then.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/07/15 03:06 PM

Twenty years is a while. I hope he is willing and remembers something fun.

Kate

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/07/15 08:02 PM

Originally Posted By: widget

Here's a thread talking about this, with the lines from the original script posted and how fan outcry stopped that idea, like you said:

http://www.zoomway.net/ubbthreads/ubbthr...=true#Post13717

I did my original search on the word "boat" because I knew Zoom had talked about this multiple times, so scroll up a few posts for the script posted by PlanetGirl.

I remember reading about this and being so glad they changed the script! Not only the Dan thing, but the boat metaphor. Seriously? lol Zoom is so on target about the clone storyline and the fans not asking for that. Its not the fans fault Lois & Clark got cancelled - I would have watched it had it gone on for several more seasons. I would have watched for as long as given the chance. Even with some of the silly side plots, Lois & Clark and their connection is such a huge draw. It just doesn't work without that. You can only take triangles so far, and it just wasn't believable anymore. That's why Lois had to lose her memory to be put along side anyone but Clark. And, if you have to go that far to pull it off. hmmm, maybe it just doesn't work? lol

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/07/15 10:59 PM

The boat metaphor! I could hardly believe it the first time I read the excerpt of the original script.
I agree- I would have continued to watch the show, too, through any and all additional seasons. It's why I started reading fanfic. I wanted the show to go on in any way possible.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/09/15 06:32 AM

Thanks for writing about Jim Pirri! I make no promises but we will definitely look into him and a bunch of other costars/creatives for interviews in the future! You guys will be the first to know the minute we get more interviews!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/09/15 04:59 PM

Just trying is all I ask.
There have been many discussions about this subject over the years and I know some of us are curious about Pirri's memories about his time on the show- which would be for several weeks since he was in what? Three or four episodes?
Thanks!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/09/15 09:24 PM

I think Jessica Collins would be really fun. Mindy Church was one of my favorite recurring characters. She was fantastic, so fun, as was Lane Davies. His episodes never fail to make me laugh with his delivery.

Eddie & K would be a dream. I think they are brilliant in the roles. Wouldn't have been the same without them. They made Jonathan and Martha Kent so believable!

I'm just dreaming out loud though. LOL Whoever is interviewed, the podcast sounds really, really cool. Anything connected to this extraordinary show is appreciated.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/09/15 11:47 PM

K and Eddie were interviewed for the twentieth anniversary of the show a year ago. It is episode 96 on the list at this link.

Here's hoping everyone you ask is willing to reminisce, guys!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/09/15 11:50 PM

K and Eddie were interviewed for the twentieth anniversary of the show a year ago. It is episode 96 on the list at this link.

Here's hoping everyone you ask is willing to reminisce, guys!

Ah, thank you!

I've been offline for a bit, switched computers etc. so I'm a little out of the loop. They are adorable!! It was a great interview with the two smile

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/10/15 02:30 AM

Forgot to mention that the episode before this one is with Deborah Joy Levine. #97 on the list.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/10/15 02:32 AM

Forgot to mention that the episode before this one is with Deborah Joy Levine. #97 on the list.

I saw that, thanks. smile I'm going to listen to it next

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/11/15 06:05 AM

Happy to report the launch of our website, LoisandClarkdPodcast.com !!

Not much there yet, but you can check out a few simple posts and what not and keep an eye out for good stuff in the future. We are going to have the podcast on iTunes, but you will also be able to find it directly on this website. Remember, first episode premiers December 1st!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/11/15 03:59 PM

You're off to a good start, and thanks for letting us be a part of it. Lots of good wishes to you. smile

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/11/15 04:23 PM

Thanks so much! It's so awesome to see everyone respond to the podcast (or, more accurately, the idea of the podcast) already, we really can't wait for people to hear it on a regular basis. We just recorded our episode for "Man of Steel Bars" and both had a blast.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/12/15 03:16 PM

Originally Posted By: SJH
I think it was the first fantasy show to have the romantic leads talk about "precautions". I loved that.

Just thinking about how we also had a few peeks into Lex's private life, which I also never noticed until doing the concordance entries for the first season. Lex had a few 'itches scratched' off screen which were hinted at now and then.

Kate, har

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/12/15 03:46 PM

Those were a few of what I call 'Easter eggs for Bev,' because I was in college before I got them! As a kid they went right over my head. Whoosh! My hair kept blowing back and I couldn't figure out why. smile

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/13/15 01:29 PM

I remember the cheerleaders and the strip poker references.
He was wealthy and single. And a criminal mastermind.
That explains it to me. lol
Clearly the writers and the directors had a lot of fun with Lex's character in that first season!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/13/15 05:16 PM

Lex certainly had a way with the ladies, although he was not good babydaddy material: he was emotionally and physically distant, his two sons grew up isolated and unaware of the other.The boys may have had different mothers.
Lex loved them and left them!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/13/15 07:48 PM

It cracks me up how many "steamy" references"there are in the show. Part of what makes it so clever.
Yet. there's still an innocence about them at the same time. It's been a while since I had a re-watch and I was watching "Voice from the past" from season 4. I'd forgotten about the scene between Dr & Superman (Lois & Clark want to know if they can have Children. Dr mentions he should go in a room with some magazines...

Superman/Clark wants to know what will happen in "the other room" lol The show is so charming. smile

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/14/15 02:40 AM

That is one of the funniest scenes in the series and one of my favorites. It shows Clark's sense of humor so well, and how he likes to tease. I wish there had been a fifth season with an episode where Dr. Klein is told Clark is Superman. I can imagine him thinking back to this event and realizing a married Clark was pretending Superman had no idea how to fill a specimen cup! What could the writers have come up with for Klein getting even?! lol

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/14/15 07:18 PM

That is one of the funniest scenes in the series and one of my favorites. It shows Clark's sense of humor so well, and how he likes to tease. I wish there had been a fifth season with an episode where Dr. Klein is told Clark is Superman. I can imagine him thinking back to this event and realizing a married Clark was pretending Superman had no idea how to fill a specimen cup! What could the writers have come up with for Klein getting even?! lol

I feel exactly the same way, about the scene, and about a 5th season. Of course I absolutely adore the show, and I'm thankful for everything that was done. I've never loved a show as much, it's just that every time I watch "The Family Hour" It feels so unfinished...

I'd love to see continuations, like the scene you mentioned. lol

On the other hand, the way some shows have ended I'm SO thankful the integrity of Lois & Clark relationship was never deconstructed for the sake of "doing more seasons." It's a double edged sword.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/15/15 01:55 AM

I feel exactly the same way, about the scene, and about a 5th season. Of course I absolutely adore the show, and I'm thankful for everything that was done. I've never loved a show as much, it's just that every time I watch "The Family Hour" It feels so unfinished...

I'd love to see continuations, like the scene you mentioned. lol

On the other hand, the way some shows have ended I'm SO thankful the integrity of Lois & Clark relationship was never deconstructed for the sake of "doing more seasons." It's a double edged sword.

So true. It's a weird kind of integrity getting them together so quickly once they fell for each other. That being said, I think they could have done well to keep them apart for another season or so if they wanted to get more time out of the show. I'm probably in the minority, but I love the first two seasons for the fun they have with the classic "she doesn't know" dynamic and the first half of the third season when Lois knows the secret but they don't really know how to deal with it as a couple yet.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/15/15 04:52 PM

Well, I might be in the minority too, because I love all four seasons. I love the stuff where Lois doesn't know, and I love the stuff where she does. smile They're both awesome to me. One isn't better than the other, It's just two sides of the same coin.

Lois & Clark is one of the only shows I've ever watched where the coupledom ie the human relationship didn't somehow lose something after coming together. I think the writers did an amazing job (as did Dean and Teri) of course of showcasing a very believable marriage. I wish that more shows put that kind of depth into their stories, because I don't agree that a TV marriage has to mean boredom. I think that's just an excuse not to reveal the depth and layers required. It takes actual effort, just like relationships do themselves, and its very rare that shows are willing to put forth that effort.

I'm also not of the belief that the show was cancelled "because Lois & Clark became a couple too fast." I understand people involved may claim otherwise, but to me, that's the kind of thing you say when things don't work out the way you wanted to sort of passive aggressively place the responsibility somewhere else. It's very clear that the larger audience (I'm talking more than just people who were already fans of L&C), became more infested after Lois knew Clark was Superman. I truly feel there were many factors that lead to the cancellation, and it has never sat well with me when the brunt of the responsibility is laid on the romantic relationship.

I know that the romance aspect of the show takes a lot of heat from non-fans. I've read comments by some that feel it made the series "too soft."

All I can say is I'm glad they didn't shy away from it. It's just one part of the whole package that makes the show so special
(for me anyway).

Could they have slowed things down? Sure. They could have. They wanted to with the who;e Dan angle. I just don't think triangles were believable as an obstacle anymore. At least not one that could have been anything but short-lived. A more internal character driven fear of relationship could have lasted longer.

Most shows today are testing love interests by the 9th, 10th or 11th episode I've observed, which seems awfully fast to me. It makes me appreciate all the more that it took nearly two full seasons for them to say "Ok we're dating." lol

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/16/15 02:47 AM

Agreed. "Castle"'s current season comes to mind. There is a lot of fan anger over Kate walking out of the marriage for Castle's own good. (That alone sounds familiar. wink )
As much as I like the show, I've hardly watched it. It lost me. Maybe it'll get me back after this plot is over, but for now, it made me lose interest. It makes Rick look so weak- and as anyone who reads my posts knows, I don't like my heroes looking weak. razz

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/16/15 11:41 PM

Yes, and it didn't help that sources on the show said it was basically a ratings ploy and assured fans there was not going to be a divorce. Just a little shake up for good reasons.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/17/15 02:49 AM

Well, I might be in the minority too, because I love all four seasons. I love the stuff where Lois doesn't know, and I love the stuff where she does. smile They're both awesome to me. One isn't better than the other, It's just two sides of the same coin.

I don't care for either of the wedding episodes but I don't mind that they got married. I just wish someone hadn't decided to make Lois more like her mother than like her father, as she was in the first season. The silly Lois with the tin foil hat just wasn't right. har I liked her better as the first season characterization, so much like the first season Sam Lane that she can't even see it!
Granted, we all change in some ways after falling in love and marrying, but to go from the strong, capable and dedicated woman she was to the reckless woman in seasons three and four was too different.

Kate, not even going to mention Dr. L #2

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/17/15 03:17 AM

I agree with you that the storylines got more far-fetched in season three. I don't think anyone wanted clones, and amnesia and alien abductions and shrinking people etc. Maybe I'm just weird or something. LOL I never stopped viewing Lois as capable and independent, even after she married Clark. I certainly agree that the stories got progressively more outlandish. I guess I just accepted that as a fan, I had no control over the sub-textual B plots in the show. I was always more interested in the characters, and if the plots got outlandish that made it hard to ground the procedural elements and have them feel more real.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/17/15 05:16 AM

Until L&C:TNAOS I only knew Lois Lane from the comics and as a child I never liked her. I thought she was the meanest girlfriend ever. har
It wasn't until seeing Teri Hatcher's portrayal of her week after week that I started to like Lois. Hatcher made me a fan. In the comics all I saw were drawings, and the series showed me what was behind the behavior and frozen images in the comics. I saw that she was a lonely woman who wanted to be loved.
At the time I didn't realize all that because I was a young teen but later I understood. So the changes in Lois' character were noticeable to me. Now I know an entirely new writing staff had taken over and took the series in a direction entirely different from the original DJL creations.
I always thought that early Lois could have blended right in as married Lois without having to be changed so much.

Kate

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/17/15 06:18 PM

Maybe it is just me who has found things to enjoy out of all 4 seasons,then. Despite the craziness of some of the stories. And that's OK. I couldn't agree more with what you said about what Teri brought to the role. The humility, vulnerability, and need to be loved. As well as Teri's incredible comedic timing. For me, I still see that sensitivity in the later years. It's more the stories going on around them shifted starkly.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/18/15 02:57 AM

The two Prankster episodes are high on my favorites list. I like the interaction between Lois and Kyle and Lois and Victor.
You're right that she had wonderful comedic timing. Even stale old slapstick came alive for the three of them in their scenes together.
I liked that no matter how smart Kyle considered himself to be, Lois outsmarted him singlehandedly in the first episode. I'm sure she would have done the same in the next one if the president wasn't involved. You kind of need a little super help when it comes to the president. wink
And Victor's lovestruck gentleness to Lois being rewarded with her beating him up was funny to me as a kid and still is today.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/18/15 06:49 PM

Teri Hatcher WAS good in comedy scenes. That was one of the reasons I liked the series- one among many. I know a lot of fans don't like that a lot of the episodes' final scenes were jokes on Lois, but she was so good at comedy! The writers were giving her material to work with! They knew this, too.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/18/15 10:22 PM

Teri Hatcher WAS good in comedy scenes. That was one of the reasons I liked the series- one among many. I know a lot of fans don't like that a lot of the episodes' final scenes were jokes on Lois, but she was so good at comedy! The writers were giving her material to work with! They knew this, too.

Agreed. I love the comedy in L&C and Teri is quite frankly a comedic genius. Not many actresses can do comedy. Teri is brilliant at it. smile

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/19/15 05:59 AM

Agreed. I love the comedy in L&C and Teri is quite frankly a comedic genius. Not many actresses can do comedy. Teri is brilliant at it. smile

She was so amazing it's not even funny! It's weird, but growing up I always took the acting in the show for granted, but rewatching the series for the podcast has shown a light on how good the entire cast is, but especially Teri (and K Callen, btw). Teri can turn her emotions on a dime in scenes. Completely blown away by her again watching "Green Green Glow of Home" and "Man of Steel Bars." And those are only the 8th and 9th episodes!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/19/15 05:50 PM

She certainly can turn her emotions on a dime! Watching her is such a pleasure! I agree about K too, phenomenal actress and person just like Teri. I'll always be a fan. Their scenes together are some of my very favorites of the series as are Eddie & Dean's smile

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/23/15 11:31 PM

Plus, a lot of the best little scenes between L&C were little things that Cain and Hatcher came up with on the set, as they got to know their characters better.
Of course, some were not planned as Tracy Scoggins can attest.
I hope the podcast can get an interview with her, too.

Kate, who liked her q&a with Margo Kidder last year in Metropolis,Ill

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/27/15 03:53 PM

We would LOVE to interview Tracy. Such an underwritten character but in the few moments she was given to shine she totally wins you over!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/27/15 06:12 PM

That would be so cool. She has a good sense of humor. After that q&a I went back and rewatched her scenes for her performances as Cat. There was so much I missed!

Kate

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/27/15 08:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Hawke

We would LOVE to interview Tracy. Such an underwritten character but in the few moments she was given to shine she totally wins you over!

Yes, she is wonderfully funny. I remember being so surprised the character was gone.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/01/15 02:20 PM

The day has finally come! Check out the first two episodes of Lois & Clark'd! You can listen to them on the website or download from our SoundCloud page. We have also submitted to iTunes, so hopefully news on that in the next day or two. For now though, sit back and enjoy our first two episodes and check back Thursday, December 3rd (get it?!) for our special interview with writer/producer Bryce Zabel.

Listen at LoisandClarkdPodcast.com

Listen or download from SoundCloud

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/02/15 04:24 AM

Good start, guys! It's always fun to speculate about just what was meant by this or that line or event. Some of us do that a lot here.
I have to say I enjoyed Clark's use of his powers quite a bit- including the walking on the wall thing. Being all spoilery, we will learn that Clark didn't fly until he was 18, so defying gravity is still a new power to him in some ways, IMO, so it's fun to see him still having fun with it.

Kate, off to listen to the second one

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/02/15 11:41 AM

We enjoyed it quite a bit, too. (My kids are older so they know podcasts and they let me know of any Superman related ones with content I would like.
I got to turn the tables. wink )
The pilot on DVD is different from the original airing on TV. The opening sequences of Teri Hatcher in disguise was added for the DVDs.
Originally, the show started with Clark getting off the bus and saving the people crossing the street. Then to the press party for Lois's article.
It's the only difference I know of.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/02/15 05:34 PM

Thanks for the comments guys and for listening to our first episodes! So excited it's finally out!

Kate, fair point that flying is new to him! Him going up the wall could just be him playing around. Guess it just seemed off to us I think because if I could fly, I would try a billion things before I tried walking up a wall.

PMC12, great tidbit about the pilot. Honestly never knew they switched some scenes up for the broadcast and DVD.

BTW, we made it on to iTunes this morning so just type in Lois & Clark'd and you'll find our first two episodes! Just in time for episode 3 tomorrow!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/02/15 08:03 PM

I second the good start. It's great to hear new ideas and interpretations of the characters. KateW, Paula (PMC 12) and I have been literally talking to ourselves most of the time about this!
This forum here is a treasure trove of L&C information. The switch in episodes 2 and 3 appears to have been a result of a visual effect not being ready in time for airing, so they had to mess up the order. I know there is a post here about that, and also it's mentioned in the concordance entry, I believe.
The late, wonderful Zoomway, founder of this message board was actually the source of the treasure trove of Superman info peppered throughout the posts on this site.
Her knowledge of show trivia and Superman trivia, too, was prodigious. We miss her around here.
Looking forward to the Zabell (?) interview.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/03/15 03:02 AM

If you read through Zoom's pictorial essays, too, there is quite a bit of trivia to be found among them.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/03/15 06:04 AM

Thanks for the tips everyone! I came to the forum in 2012, so though I've been here a bit I certainly haven't dug into it as deeply as I could. Looking forward to researching this stuff (especially any 102/103 talk! It's sad how fascinated I am by that).

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/03/15 11:01 AM

The edited and completed episodes for the Concordance are here:
List
and the unedited ones are scattered throughout here:
Concordance info

but many of Zoom's comments are informative on their own. And note the added info on the comic book meeting of Superman/Clark and Al Capone in the comments about "That Old Gang of Mine" which came from another Superman fan, Avilos. (Somewhere around pages 15 to 17.)
Kelly Christian.
Did you know that was the real name of the guy with the long ponytail in many of the background scenes of season one? I didn't until reading it here! lol
(he was also Dean Cain's stand-in- thanks Widget)

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/03/15 03:26 PM

In our first official Lois & Clark’d interview, we sit down with writer and supervising producer Bryce Zabel and discuss his work on the first season of the show! He gives some awesome insight into what it took to make Lois & Clark what it was and we are so lucky to have gotten him on as our first guest.
Bryce has a new book out called Surrounded By Enemies: What If Kennedy Survived Dallas? that is absolutely gripping and a must read for anyone who enjoys the interview. To say this guy is prolific is an actual insult as he has been involved in so many incredible projects it would be intimidating if he wasn't so friendly. Check out BryceZabel.com and @brycezabel on Twitter.

Listen to the interview on iTunes or your favorite podcast app, SoundCloud, or at LoisandClark'dPodcast.com

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/04/15 04:24 AM

Amazing interview with Zabel. I'm fascinated by his insights into how Hollywood works, specifically his TV experiences. Cloakers and measuring the distance between trailers and the soundstage? Hilarious and scary!
So cool he is still friends with Dean Cain.
Keep having fun! I like your attitudes.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/04/15 02:11 PM

Absolutely! Your enthusiasm is terrific.
As for the trailer distance thing. . . . . .
I hate to spoil anything, but we know which of the two major stars did not like the show and more or less trashed it after it went off the air. They implied they'd wasted four years on a show for 5 year olds. (Their attitude seems to have softened in recent years, though, but not enough to placate some fans who are still angry about the 5 y.o. crack.) I read the interview and I was shocked because you don't see any of the dislike onscreen.
The answer is here in this vast encyclopedia of show info that is the message board. wink

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/04/15 03:09 PM

Amazing interview with Zabel. I'm fascinated by his insights into how Hollywood works, specifically his TV experiences.

They implied they'd wasted four years on a show for 5 year olds. (Their attitude seems to have softened in recent years, though, but not enough to placate some fans who are still angry about the 5 y.o. crack.)

So glad you guys enjoyed the interview! Bryce was just a fantastic guest, so we can't really take credit for anything besides getting him to do it. The rest was all him giving some great info!

PMC, fascinating! I'd love to read that interview. Anyone have a copy of that lying around?

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/05/15 04:13 AM

Proceed at your own peril! har
Scroll Down because the link in the first post no longer works. The article is followed by a lengthy and interesting discussion.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/05/15 06:38 PM

Proceed at your own peril! har
Scroll Down because the link in the first post no longer works. The article is followed by a lengthy and interesting discussion.

Wow, what an interview and loved the discussion afterward! Thanks for sharing this!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/05/15 10:47 PM

Staying spoiler free in case anyone doesn't want to know what the interview is about:

I'm still in awe of the professionalism shown by this star. Not one time in four years did we ever see anything less than the best performance possible on their behalf.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/06/15 11:57 AM

Agreed. To be so believable while disappointed with the material on hand shows real talent and dedication and that earned my respect.

Kate

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/07/15 12:19 AM

Dealing with publicists was named as one of the negative aspects of working in the business, and Zabel mentioned that as a possible explanation for the measuring incident. Sounds good to me.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/08/15 06:39 AM

Lex Luthor finally comes out to play and brings along his falcon, pogo stick, and Superman strength tests. Meanwhile, Lois makes everyone mad and Clark decides if he really wants to keep doing this whole Superman thing. We also discuss our Star Wars excitement (did you hear there is a new movie coming out?), Batman v Superman, and the ongoing conspiracy that is 102-gate.

Listen to Episode 103- Neverending Battle

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/08/15 02:48 PM

Another fun addition. I see your introduction to Mad Dog Lane did not go smoothly! har

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/09/15 11:20 AM

Mad Dog doesn't entirely disappear, but she mellows out a little- especially when it comes to Lex. frown

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/09/15 02:20 PM

Well, I was hoping you guys would notice Cat's remark about Lois joining the zero gravity club because that remark indicates Lois was still aboard the shuttle when Superman took it to the space station and brought it back. She might have gotten those colonist interviews she was so bent on getting.

Kate

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/09/15 03:56 PM

Thanks for listening, everyone! Yes, Mad Dog makes her first real appearance. In complete honesty, I prefer her to the more passive Lois we start seeing later on, but there are some great Lois moments coming up that we are enjoying very much!

Well, I was hoping you guys would notice Cat's remark about Lois joining the zero gravity club because that remark indicates Lois was still aboard the shuttle when Superman took it to the space station and brought it back. She might have gotten those colonist interviews she was so bent on getting.

Kate

Gunna chalk this one up to a case of "Didn't even notice that line." When it comes to these podcasts episodes, we are working very hard to stay on top of everything and mention everything we can (literally, half of my downtime now is L&C related), but throw away lines like that are always the most likely to slip through the cracks. Hope you enjoyed the episode though!
Posted by: Jake

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/10/15 03:37 PM

I've been enjoying your podcasts, too. I hope more people take notice and discover the show, or rediscover as the case may be. It's still a viable series for Superman fans. It shows an adult Superman can be done without turning him into a whiny loner.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/11/15 03:09 AM

Welcome back, Jake. smile
I agree. TNAOS Clark is the adult version of Superman. Despite all their changes, DCs new 52 Superman is still aimed at teenage boys.

Kate

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/11/15 03:29 PM

I tried but never got into the new, modern guy. He just isn't Superman to me. He's. A guy in a t shirt for Pete's sake.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/14/15 09:59 PM

Sorry to be quiet, but I'm moving right now so it's been a lot of days of lifting furniture and no internet. The good thing about that is because I have no internet at home I'm putting the episode up a little early this week. Hope everyone enjoys it!

Lois & Clark'd: 104, 105

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/16/15 04:13 AM

Requiem is one of my favorite episodes. ILTY is one episode I didn't appreciate until watching it for the concordance. One has my favorite Sam Lane and the other has one of my favorite scenes- Superman bursting into the vault.

Kate

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/18/15 11:25 AM

IMO, RFAS introduces us to Lois's problems with amnesia, or forgetfulness. She's selective about what she forgets.
ILTY from this season and TEHI from the next season both use ultraviolet light in completely opposite ways. But it's canon so what can you do?

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/21/15 04:55 AM

Love forgetful Lois! It's a burden of the character but with it you really don't get to play the love triangle built for two thing very long.

Big Holiday news from the show! We will not be posting an episode on Tuesday as usual this week. Instead, we are going to be posting a Super-special Christmas episode on the 24th, covering none other than "Season's Greedings"!

Yeah, we are skipping ahead for the holidays, but figured we should embrace the holiday spirit and bend the rules a bit! Keep a look out for our Holiday Spectacular and hope everyone is having a happy Holiday season!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/21/15 02:20 PM

Go with it! If you can't bend the rules on your own pod, where can you?

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/24/15 04:12 AM

Our Holiday Super-Special is up! Follow the link to listen to us discuss Dean Cain's very own "Season's Greedings!"

Click here to listen on SoundCloud

Also available on iTunes and most podcast apps!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/25/15 05:29 PM

Hi! BevK here to assure you I am a woman. Yes, I am. har
I listened to this episode this morning while making my side dishes for dinner, and I laughed out loud a couple of times. I enjoyed the commentary of your guest- the three of you hit on some funny stuff.
(Let me tell you, nothing can pull kids away from their new toys faster than mom laughing all by herself in the kitchen.)
Episode Scripts is a thorough list of said items with additional bits of information about the scripts. For instance, "Season's Greedings" went through four revisions here and there between the start of shooting and the final scene being taped.
Some, not all, of the scripts listed often include all of the revisions so you can see how minor or how extensive the changes were.
(In "Requiem For A Superhero" an entire scene was added that is not part of the written script at all.)
Enjoy the holidays. Merry Christmas!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/25/15 06:37 PM

Wow! I'll give it a listen on the drive over to the in-laws. Sounds like fun.

Kate

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/26/15 02:59 AM

Bev, who is a woman, is right- good episode, so funny and your guest was a nice addition. Loved her comments on Lois's myriad door locks and she only uses the chain when she's home alone!
This is one of my favorite episodes because of Isabel Sanford's portrayal of Miss Duffy as so totally mystified by her boss's sudden turn to dishonesty that she acts like she's in a dream. She's just waiting to wake up. lol

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/26/15 01:06 PM

Speaking of Superman and sleighs: a vintage image from the Superman Homepage yesterday:

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/26/15 11:16 PM

Good show. It's interesting to hear reactions from viewers seeing the episodes for the first time. This was my Superman when I was a kid and I've seen them so often I barely remember seing them the first time. Just that I was smitten with Teri Hatcher and wanted to fly like Dean Cain. Yeah, I thought he could fly. wink

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/27/15 07:57 PM

Hi! BevK here to assure you I am a woman. Yes, I am. har
I listened to this episode this morning while making my side dishes for dinner, and I laughed out loud a couple of times. I enjoyed the commentary of your guest- the three of you hit on some funny stuff.
(Let me tell you, nothing can pull kids away from their new toys faster than mom laughing all by herself in the kitchen.)

Haha, yeah sorry about that, but that is a mistake you only make once!

So glad everyone enjoyed the episode and thanks for all the wonderful comments and shares. Hope we were able to make your holidays a little brighter.

Happy everyone enjoyed Carolina's comments too! She is going to be editing episodes for a while so she is sure to jump back in for an episode in the future I'm sure.

Just in general, Ryan and I are really touched by everyone's support of the show. It's a labor of love and it's so great to hear from everyone! Taking next week off but more to come in the New Year! Thanks all!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 01/05/16 04:21 AM

Double the pleasure, double the fun, right? We hope so! Starting the year off right with a double feature that's got everything from pyromaniacs, to pyramids, to Metadyne 6, to Monopoly money. What more could you ask for when Lex Luthor schemes to burn down half of Metropolis and then manages to dope some kids up on smart potion? I don't care what you say, his plans are sound, reasonable, and very well thought out. He's not chaotic at all! Let us know what you think and please take a second to rate and review us on iTunes.

Listen to the episode here!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 01/06/16 01:17 AM

Wow! Interesting take on Smart Kids- gave me some things to think about. To me it was the first time Lois ever admitted it was possible that she was wrong about anything. Not that she was, just that it's possible she was. rolleyes

Toni Taylor was my favorite guest character of the first season. Sh wanted to make the family business legit, but she went to the wrong man for help, Lex Luthor, and too late- she discovers he is a criminal worse than her father ever was.
I totally enjoyed Lex's manipulation of the entire plot! From putting Toni in an impossible situation to get out of, to giving Lois the entire story to write before it was even finished! And Lois, so happy to get the scoop, and leave Clark out of the story, that she didn't even notice she wrote the ending before it happened.
At least Toni wised up; Lois never will. She'll carry a soft spot for Lex well into the third season.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 01/06/16 04:47 PM

I think Toni's lawyers got her out of prison as soon as possible after Lex's death-that-didn't-really-happen. The idiot kept everything! Even the blueprints for the toaster weapons!
He probably took the "smart stuff" to a third world country and was perfecting it there- all records still intact in his computer system. What a maroon!

Kate

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 01/06/16 07:16 PM

Emotional sacks? I hope I don't have one!
I waffle over these two episodes. I agree they show just what a horrendous person Lex is and now easy it is for him manipulate Lois, whose instincts are not as sharp as she, and her fans, think they are. Spend a little money on her and give to charity and she won't believe a bad word against you. She has a lot more Cat in her than she will ever admit.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 01/07/16 01:33 AM

You know, I never thought about it before, but there was a connection between Clark and Toni and I wonder how far it might have gone if she hadn't trusted Lex but went after her brother on her own? Clark was so disappointed she turned out to be a criminal. I wonder what his sidebar on her was about?

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 01/12/16 02:49 AM

Omg, these comments are awesome! Thank you all so much for listening and posting your comments! Happy to report we've got a new one for you too, with an episode we LOVED!!!!

Clark discovers his greatest weakness and Lois investigates Johnathan Kent's secret life of cross-dressing. Meanwhile, we talk with our wonderful guest Samantha Hughes about her childhood love of Lois & Clark and our deep need to watch Teri and Dean make out a bunch. This episode edited by Carolina Martinez.

Listen to 108 - The Green, Green Glow of Home

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 01/14/16 01:28 AM

This is on my list of ten best episodes because it's all about Clark experiencing the loss of powers, not "Superman," so he gets to be that ordinary guy for the first time since he was a child.
I really like that he doesn't like it! He'd rather be super.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 01/14/16 02:22 PM

This is a favorite episode of mine, too. My friend who actually lives in Kansas says they are more likely to have watermelon fests or strawberry fests or even music fests (jazz and blues the closer you get to Kansas City) than corn festivals because Kansas is a wheat state. (Too bad there was no internet to check this out back then.)And when a street is cordoned off- there is no traffic or parking allowed on it. Apparently there is nothing more annoying than having a street party or parade with parked cars getting in the way. har
On the other hand, Rachel is a tough, smalltown sheriff- following in her dad's footsteps. She's probably attorney general now. wink
Other than that, Lois the city girl is fun to watch. Unfortunately, too many fan fic writers bought into the stupid country folk, smart city people myth and there are a lot of ff stories where smart city Lois sweeps into the lives of the uneducated Kents and solves all their problems with her superior knowledge- and marrying their scaredy cat son, too, and getting him off the farm to become Superman while she's at it.
Anyway, GGGOH is just the right mix of suspense and humor and a bit of dawning understanding coming to Lois about her feelings for CK- which she will quietly deny ever happened for the rest of the season!
This is a 9.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 01/14/16 04:01 PM

Absolutely. Everything you said. har
At least Lois realizes she may have the wrong idea about small town people. By now, most ff writers have, too. Obviously it is still being written, but not to the extent it was in the early years of ff.
I love the way Clark and his parents are portrayed. For me its a 10.

Kate

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 01/19/16 05:20 AM

Superman does time and we do impressions. Join us for another exciting episode featuring Lex Luthor's ice bath, Mayor Sonny Bono, Cat Grant wearing her patented nothing, and some really great Superman stuff!

Listen to Episode 109- Man of Steel Bars!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 01/19/16 06:29 PM

GIVEAWAY TIME!

We are doing our first ever, Lois & Clark'd giveaway. Enter now for your chance to win a Lois & Clark season 1 poster that we will ship to you for free!

To enter, simply like our facebook page and share this poster giveaway post on your wall! .

Good luck everyone and thanks for playing along!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 01/21/16 04:50 PM

Tracy Scoggins, when asked, guessed Cat's wardrobe was designed by prison inmates. I really enjoy her sense of humor. I think she and Jim Pirri are the only two guests I am wishing hard, fingers crossed and everything, you can get.
MOSB is one of the episodes I'm doing for the concordance and if I never disliked Sonny Bono before, I do after watching this episode in detail. I'm sure it was droll humor back in the day but . . . .

Kate

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 01/22/16 01:58 AM

Yeah Scoggins would be fantastic. She did an awesome q&a with Margo Kidder at one of the Superman celebrations.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 01/22/16 04:09 PM

I wish I could say I didn't know who Sonny Bono was, but my mom loves music of all kinds and raised us kids listening to all kinds of music. I don't remember if I actually knew back then that all of his dialogue came from S&C songs. By the time I saw the reruns on TV MOSB became one of the episodes I skimmed over because of it! har
I had seen the movie Moonstruck on HBO and I liked Cher a lot better than him, though. In fact I can still picture her in my mind walking down the street kicking a can with her high heels.
Anyway, back to the story, Kate and I have a theory that Lex has another nuclear power plant hidden safely away and he uses it in the imfamous clone wedding arc. You'll see.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 01/22/16 04:59 PM

I remember Bono's dialogue being pretty stale, but I was never a fan and I certainly never voted for him later on. I guess I'm not starstruck. har
Other than that it was a good episode. Lex had that city in the palm of his hand until Superman showed up.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 01/23/16 02:39 PM

Lex had the world in the palm of his hand until Superman arrived. LexCorp was global, wasn't it? Wasn't there a LexCorp Tokyo or something? He had many countries fooled.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 01/24/16 01:55 PM

That's true. Yet he still chose to make his comeback from a sewer! How low the mighty fell.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 01/24/16 03:31 PM

Speaking of sewers, in the first Christopher Reeve Superman movie, Lex had a cool underground hideout with a library, a swimming pool and the subway train at hand. Location, location, location.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 01/25/16 01:35 PM

It turns out to be a genetic thing for TNAOS's Lex. His son also chooses a sewer in which to begin building an empire- starting with conquering Lois Lane, that great symbol of American power and status.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 01/25/16 03:29 PM

Yes! Get your hands on the woman Superman wanted and you have arrived. (Lois Luthor! Lois Scardino! Wanda-Woman aliasKent! Lex and Lois Somethingswissandblonde! Lois Deter! Lois Luthorsson!)

Kate, thinking what opportunities Lois had- though the last one is the only one she turned down

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 01/25/16 07:10 PM

Well, the point in her favor is she eventually turned down all these highly paid men for a guy who made less than her and had less status.
Wait, that isn't a favorable point.....that's something she can hold over his head for the rest of their lives.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 01/26/16 06:21 AM

A perfume witch takes over Metropolis by spraying the gang with her lust fragrance. Meanwhile, a totally sober Clark makes some bad life choices and Lex comes out on top as Lois’s best option. Plus, we pick a winner of our first giveaway contest and talk Batman v Superman, Frank Miller comics, and more!

Listen to Episode 110 - Pheromone, My Lovely

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 01/27/16 03:49 PM

Oh my, what a reaction! All I can say is, at least Clark has a breaking point. As I understand it, you would rather he had none at all. You're going to get your wish, and IMO, it is not going to be pretty.
Click to reveal..
During the clone wedding arc- five episodes in a row- the writers take his breaking point away and he takes crap from Lois that makes MY skin crawl. har I consider it the character assassination arc. Both Clark and Lois will be bullet riddled by the end.
And keep 'Virtually Destroyed' in mind, too. There are two revelations in that episode: the one everyone remembers and the one they don't.

Keep that in mind after the halfway point of season three. Deborah Joy Levine's wonderful creations will be forever changed. Personally, I would rather see Clark as this very human young man with a breaking point, than as what comes later. I have no problem believing he would not have let things go too far. He has Martha to answer to, after all. wink (kidding)
Seriously, look past your disappointment. Lois is still wearing the dance costume. He didn't let her take anything off.

Kate

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 01/27/16 05:14 PM

I agree with Kate. Going to Lois after she was awake and giving her the opportunity to flatly refuse was the right thing to do. She would have felt betrayed if he had taken advantage of her. At least this way she stopped it from going further.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 01/28/16 01:27 AM

I had to watch this to refresh my memory. Whatever the perfume was supposed to do, did it really work? People became infatuated with one another but they didn't move beyond that. No one went home except Clark and Lois and that's because he took her home. Everyone else stayed at the newsroom and as far as I can tell only unsprayed Cat actually had sex with anyone. For everyone else it was just a euphoric feeling of love, not falling in love.It cracked me uo that not one guy in that newsroom had secret feelings for Mad Dog Lane!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 01/28/16 03:50 AM

Jake, at first glance I made myself laugh changing "unsprayed Cat" to "unspayed Cat!"

And only Lois had an attraction to superhot Clark!? I think Miranda overstated the effectiveness of Revenge.

Click to reveal..
Kate is right, IMO. Clark without a breaking point, with perfect morals, is cringe-worthy. Being a paragon of morality is a fate I would wish on no one. Superman should not be held to too high a standard, certainly not the one he will be held to in the clone wedding arc. He is so pure and good that not even the woman he loves jumping into bed with every man- including Lex!- she meets as Wanda Detroit bothers him in any way. As long as she has a good reason for sleeping with them, it's okay with him! lol

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 01/28/16 04:34 AM

lol I'll think before I write from now on!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 01/28/16 05:18 AM

Oooo, I'm loving this conversation!

The upcoming clone arc is 100% a crime against Clark in every way. I also think the Virtually Destroyed virgin revelation is completely ludicrous.

To the morals argument though, I think it's completely reasonable to hold Clark to a standard that includes not sleeping with his platonic coworker who is clearly intoxicated.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 01/28/16 02:17 PM

To the morals argument though, I think it's completely reasonable to hold Clark to a standard that includes not sleeping with his platonic coworker who is clearly intoxicated.

Absolutely. It's a standard to which he holds himself, and a standard to which Lois holds herself (as far as Clark goes, anyway.) We make jokes about Lois and her need for a 'special' wedding night, but we know her issues were created because TPTB on the show knew little kids like me were watching it during its run on ABC.
For me, I just believe CK never would have let matters go that far. I just believe in my hero.
Click to reveal..
On a completely different level, in Virtually Destroyed, as Kate pointed out, he also reveals he's had relationships with women before that stopped just short of sex in the clinical or biblical sense. He knew they deserved to know his secret before that happened. As he puts it, he's been to the edge and stopped because "I'm not from here!"
We've made jokes that if he was willing to experience sex in other ways with women, what were Lois and Lex really doing in the backseat of his limo?! If Clark was a very patient man, Lex would be the very IMpatient man from that universe (would he really wait for the wedding night?)! Yes, we're mean, disgusting fans! evil har

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 01/28/16 02:33 PM

I can't see Clark letting it go that far. He does have a conscience and he been holding back for two days! I do think he waited so she could be the one to say no.
As for the further humiliating herself comment, I do believe he was being insensitive but after two days I would be, too.

And,everything Bev said!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 01/28/16 06:03 PM

Everything is open to interpretation. I don't think the virginity confession was necessary. Prior to that there were instances where they almost had sex but were interrupted. There is an infamous zipper scene I never knew about until recently that I watched specifically to see it. I can vouch for that.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 01/29/16 05:21 PM

I don't think Mr. Cain ever gave a satisfactory explanation for why he thought that was necessary. The reason given by CK makes sense but did we really need to know it? confused
It's given us some unintentionally funny fan fic.

Kate

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/02/16 05:17 AM

Check out our new episode! Lois and Clark staycation in Lex's ritzie hotel and uncover a tidal wave's evil plot to take over Metropolis. Meanwhile, we talk our guests Nora Reilly and Max Schadler through their very first episode of Lois & Clark!

Listen to Episode 111 - Honeymoon in Metropolis

Also, if you haven't seen our Facebook recently, you might enjoy the picture we just posted.

Lois & Clark'd on Facebook

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/03/16 03:48 PM

SPOILERS!!!

I love it! Bev and Kate have been saying for a very long time that Lois Lane might fall in love with Clark but deep down inside she doesn't like him at all. That place deep down inside turns her into Wanda Detroit and lets her act out her real feelings for poor CK.
I'm so glad to hear a first time viewer of the show notice that. Lois is attracted to Clark certainly and she will eventually fall in love with him, but she never really likes him. Not even after marriage. A soul mate- whatever that is but its supposed to be something really great- doesn't come within a kiss of cheating on her husband with his double just because they look alike.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/03/16 05:11 PM

We have corroboration!

Kate

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/05/16 02:48 PM

It is funny someone should notice that! har At least we know, now, one should start watching the show from the beginning to get the full impact of Lois's personality. (In all honesty, I got that theory of Lois not liking Clark in spite of loving him from the other members of the RPG group I am in. I hope I mentioned that before. They deserve the credit for pointing that out, even if it was just as a way to tease me about the show. They, more than anyone else, taught me to have a sense of humor about the Superman universe and science fiction/fantasy.)

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/05/16 03:11 PM

Love that this has become the topic of conversation now. Our guest Nora was really worried after we recorded about dissing Clark too much and she didn't want to turn any fans away from the show. I kept telling her everyone has a sense of humor about what's going on, but I didn't even know about this theory!!

Looking at it now though, it makes complete sense. Keeping an open mind in the rematch going forward but I wander how much proof of this there is.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/06/16 02:29 AM

Suppose, after a year or so, you start dating a co-worker with the intent of building a serious relationship. One day, after a couple of months of dating, a pretty young woman is hired in another department. You meet her and she's really nice and makes no secret that she is interested in getting to know you better. What do you do? Would you start dating her while at the same time still going out with your first co-worker?
That's basically what Lois did after meeting Dan Scardino. One day, right there in the newsroom, in front of everyone she and Clark work with, she decides to start dating him at the same time she's seeing Clark.
That's the simplified version, but no matter what your reasons, do you treat someone you like that way? What would that say for your understanding of love?

Kate smile

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/06/16 02:33 PM

You can argue that during the wedding aargh Lois is not herself so the choices she makes are not really hers. But she is still Lois, and the choices come from a niggling little part of her that is avoiding Clark and the commitment she was about to make to him in the first episode of the five part arc. I'm talking about 'within the context of the story.' It seems to me that many fans have chosen to see the aargh without the fourth wall, so to speak. They choose to see the studio manipulations and the writers fighting back but ultimately having to make the characters do OOC things to prolong the story. The story itself is so despised, its easier to not pay attention to it within the context of the series.
Ignore it all you want, but it is part of the continuity of the show. Kate and I did the transcribing of the episodes for the Concordance and we watched every scene and listened to every word. It was hilarious at times, but we both agreed it was a great example of character assassination.
Lois is not a happy woman. She lists a ton of negative thoughts going through her mind as to why she is not looking forward to the wedding. She does not want to marry Clark but she is going to anyway, and when events give her a way out she grabs it with both hands and runs. Supposedly there is this 'one great love' thing between her and Clark that is hidden away inside her, a mystical thing that pops up in her dreams, but when that woman is wide awake it is nowhere to be seen! har She rebuffs him time after time.
The part that really bothered me, both of us, was in the last episode of the five when Clark FINALLY tells Lois the truth about them- that they are more than just partners at the DP, that they are engaged to be married. Lois understands this to be true, she begins to remember her feelings for him. What does she do? She runs away in tears! She runs back to her doctor, whom she has fallen in love with as an amnesiac, and begs him to make her forget these unwanted feelings for Clark Kent! With memories returning, Lois chooses Max Deter over Clark! The part of her that wants nothing to do with this man and any kind of commitment to him wins out. She chooses to let Deter hypnotize her to forget Clark again. Get that guy out of her head. She might really love him, but she certainly doesn't like him.
It is easier to see the writing and the acting and studio interference than to see the characters doing this within the context of the story.
The solution to all of it is another rant altogether! lol
Jumping off my soapbox
Posted by: AnnieL

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/06/16 04:46 PM

Your podcast sounds intriguing! I would think that having first-timers on the show would give interesting perspectives.

What an interesting theory! It's fun to entertain, even though I can't say I agree with it. There are only so many interesting plot lines, and because writers can't just have a character doing something out of character, they have to give excuses. Some may be weaker than others, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

On the other hand, most of all this evidence is circumstantial. There are a lot of in-character reasons that could fit.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/07/16 03:03 AM

What about shooting at Clark in the sewer? Lois is supposed to kill the object of her enduring love in order break the spell and free her to be emotionally available to Lex. She takes the laser weapon, or whatever it was, and shoots it at this timeless, enduring love of hers. She misses, but she takes the da** shot! Instead of throwing the gun away and refusing, she shoots at Clark! Then when Lex takes the gun away from her and starts killing Clark, the clone saves his life! Not Miss Soulmate and timeless love, but the clone!!
Yeah, it's easier to blame the writers than accept it as canon.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/07/16 04:05 AM

Was she missing, or was she changing her mind at the last second? The script posted to the fanfic message boards directs Lois to pull the trigger and then tick the gun to the left, supporting my thoughts that it was her decision rather than a miss. But I'm not sure where that came from or how accurate it is. In any case, Wanda flat-out refuses to shoot again.
I never fully understood why everyone has more than just a few issues with this arc, but after reading your viewpoints it makes them a lot clearer.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/07/16 04:42 AM

She does deliberately miss, but she does pull the trigger in the first place instead of refusing to shoot at all.
There are just so many things that happen in this arc that have me throwing my hands in the air in disbelief! It breaks the characters into a million pieces and never puts them back together properly.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/07/16 04:10 PM

I guess I wasn't clear on that. Why did she shoot the first time if there is this connection between her and Clark, and why didn't she try to stop Lex from doing it? The clone did and gave her life for him. I guess I'm trying to say it didnt matter that Lois refused to shoot a second time. She should have refused the first time to begin with.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/07/16 06:55 PM

At that point Lex had Lois convinced Superman was sent from Clark to destroy them. It was self-defense, but Lois was fighting between that and whatever feelings inside her that told her not to - feelings that she didn't fully comprehend.
As far as I can remember, Lois did tell Lex not to shoot, but got caught up in falling rock.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/08/16 03:29 PM

I think Lex pushed her to the floor and told her never to cross him again. While she was down there looking up at him awestruck by him, he fired at Clark himself. After the clone attacks him and they at both dying amid the crumbling masonry, Lois crawls over to him and they go into the hottest kiss a woman and a man who can't stay dead ever shared! lol
Yes, this storyline is full of her and Clark making such awful choices. Whether it all fits the theory is up to the individual. The info is there but its open to interpretation.
I love fan theories myself but that's all they are: something fun to talk about and joke about.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/09/16 03:52 AM

Okay, Hawke! You'll have to post whenever you have first time viewers guesting on the podcast after this. I love the new insights that come up. It makes me go back and rewatch an episode now and then.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/09/16 05:59 AM

Okay, Hawke! You'll have to post whenever you have first time viewers guesting on the podcast after this. I love the new insights that come up. It makes me go back and rewatch an episode now and then.

Haha, you bet Bev! We have another first timer coming up next week for "Witness."

This week though, Superman saves the planet from an asteroid. Sound familiar? That’s cause he did it already! In black and white! We take the opportunity to look back at the George Reeves series to see how it compares to this Bryce Zabel adaptation. Plus, Lex does some weird fan art of Lois’s apartment and Lois kisses Superman AGAIN!

Listen to episode 112 - All Shook Up

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/10/16 08:51 PM

Later in the series we do get to meet one of Perry's sons, Jerry. And we do get to see Alice.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/10/16 09:54 PM

Hmmm, things I do not remember. At least Ryan will be really surprised when it happens!

We have some big news to announce: To anyone who hasn't seen our Facebook page today, we had the amazing luck to interview the one and only TRACY SCOGGINS recently for the podcast! That episode is due to drop early March so more updates on that as the date approaches.

We did the interview by phone but just found out today that she will be at a convention in Los Angeles on February 28th, so we are OF COURSE going so we can meet her in person! So excited for all of it!

Here is the link to that convention for anyone who is interested: Los Angeles Comic Book and Scifi Convention

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/11/16 02:33 AM

Wonderful news! I'm looking forward to it!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/11/16 05:25 AM

You guys are fantastic! I'm looking forward to it, too!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/11/16 05:34 PM

I saw the podcast getting a plug on the Superman reddit page. Word is spreading. Hopefully your celebrity guests are saying good things, too.
Tracy Scoggins has a great sense of humor. I'm looking forward to her chat with you, too.

Kate

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/11/16 07:57 PM

Awesome.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/16/16 01:51 AM

Got another newcomer to the world of Lois & Clark in our newest episode!

Superman stops Viagra developers from destroying the rainforest and occasionally protects Lois Lane from a makeup-savvy assassin. First time viewer Dan Hill of The Dan and Kody Podcast gives us his take on the episode, Superman, and tons more!

Listen to episode 113 "Witness" here!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/19/16 03:47 PM

Hmmm, things I do not remember. At least Ryan will be really surprised when it happens!

We have some big news to announce: To anyone who hasn't seen our Facebook page today, we had the amazing luck to interview the one and only TRACY SCOGGINS recently for the podcast! That episode is due to drop early March so more updates on that as the date approaches.

We did the interview by phone but just found out today that she will be at a convention in Los Angeles on February 28th, so we are OF COURSE going so we can meet her in person! So excited for all of it!

Here is the link to that convention for anyone who is interested: Los Angeles Comic Book and Scifi Convention

On the day before Superman's birthday you have to get a picture of her draped in that cape you posed in. J/K har
Actually, I think in TNAOS the 28th is Clark's birthday, but in the comics he's a leap year baby- at least that's when DC is celebrating his birthday this year. (They're asking fans to send them a brief vid or a post wishing Superman a happy birthday.)

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/22/16 03:36 PM

NEW EPISODE ALERT!!

Carolina, faithful editor and guest for our Christmas episode, joins us once again for "Illusions of Grandeur!" When Metropolis suddenly overrun by far too many magicians, Superman and Lois get distracted by shiny objects and words on their way to save missing children. And be sure to listen to through the end of the show for some very special news! This episode edited by Carolina Martinez.

Listen to "Illusions of Grandeur" HERE!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/23/16 04:55 AM

I totally enjoyed the return of Carolina and her take on Lois! As one of the two founding members of Clark Defenders United, membership: 2, it's fun to hear someone who is not immediately enamored of Lois at Clark's expense.
While this was not one of my favorite episodes- watching Superman giving the child back to the kidnappers does NOT get easier to watch no matter how good the reasons- I liked your POVs, all three of you, and enthusiasm for it. Good job in your analysis and funny commentary.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/23/16 02:46 PM

Isn't it nice to know we aren't they only women not completely entranced by Lois Lane? LOL!!!!! I LIKE HER! Though I am a human woman just like her, if she was real, I feel no compulsion to make her into a knowitall super woman. I like her the way she is. She is intelligent, resourceful and quirky. Who isn't?
And Carolina was spot on about Cat. Favoritism goes to Lois both on and off screen, but Cat was a good character, too. She was just as career driven as Lois but she let herself have fun while doing it.
I can't fault that.

Kate

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/23/16 03:05 PM

Glad everyone is enjoying the episode. I have to say, growing up I thought Lois Lane was amazing, and I think there are a good number of episodes coming up where she is, but this first season rewatch has been enlightening for me in a lot of ways. Both of them are very inconsistent characters in the first season, which makes watching these episodes for the podcast even more interesting than I initially intended. Can't wait for more!

PS, Anyone planning on going to the convention this weekend to meet Tracy?

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/23/16 04:20 PM

I agree with the use your powers admonishion. He uses them everyday as Clark from warming his coffee to cooking his breakfast, but he seems to reserve his use of them as Superman. Like he's comfortable with them as Clark but not as Superman. It makes no sense at all sometimes.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/24/16 01:39 AM

I don't mind skipping out on power usage if it's the only way to advance the plot. But in this case, doesn't seem like this would have made much difference. It's really not that big of a deal, but it's fun to nit pick.

Is it just me, or does Lois seem extra cynical this episode? It could seem that way because we've had a whole slug of episodes where she did a 180 by the end, but that's why it's not a favorite. However, I do think it's important to establish her character like this so that we can see her evolve. She's definitely not a role mode or the greatest person, but she has so much potential and love for the people of Metropolis hidden behind those stubborn walls. I always thought that this next episode gives us a good look at why Clark loves Lois so much - It really shows that she does care about truth and the people of Metropolis, even if what she does is incredibly stupid.

In another way I really enjoy negative, cynical Lois like this because it gives us such a good look at Clark's character. Clark could be judging, pushy, or giving up on Lois altogether. Yet while everyone else is moving into the other direction, Clark moves forward with gentle prodding and teasing to gain her trust. Sure, he loves her. But love or not, no one should put up with her unless there is something really great inside. Clark not only sees Lois's softer, lonelier side, but the potential she has. Lois needs a friend; Clark gives it to her, even though her actions don’t make her deserving of one. On an entirely different note, he encourages Jimmy to stand up to Perry and inadverdently becomes the reason why he does. It's Clark's caring, fearless side that makes him such a hero outside of the suit.

I really don't find Cat admirable, but she does give us good comedy sometimes. I'm glad you were able to get an interview with Tracy Scoggins.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/24/16 03:35 PM

It's a lot more fun watching Clark use his powers in everyday situations, anyway, IMO. By this time in his life they come naturally to him and he just uses them without over-thinking.

And welcome to the boards, AnnieL. It's nice to have another opinion to read and consider.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/24/16 04:14 PM

Podcast Facebook Page
Quickly! Go look at it! I want it, too! thumbsup

BTW, Ryan and Matt, I loved that idea from an international listener to try to highlight the way young fans outside the US regard Superman, and specifically the way L&C, TNAOS was seen by them. I know a lot of original FOLC were international fans, but most were old enough to participate on this forum and make their views and opinions known.
As a younger fan back then, myself, I'd be very interested in knowing how the show fared with kids outside the US.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/24/16 05:29 PM

I want one, too! OMG, it's perfect!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/24/16 07:05 PM

Who did it? It IS perfect!

Kate, saying hello to AnnieL and nice to hear from you

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/25/16 02:21 PM

Wow! I wonder who made it?

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/26/16 03:23 AM

Glad to hear everyone is enjoying the episode and that you saw that action figure/bust post on Facebook. I found it the other day in my photos and have no memory of where I found it or who made it, but it is so good I can barely stand it!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/28/16 12:38 PM

That sculpt really is good. I did a search for custom Dean Cain figures and the two or three I found were awful. One was supposedly him and Lois but the image was too small to see details.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/28/16 11:00 PM

Got to meet Tracy Scoggins today! Check out our exclusive interview with her this Tuesday! Anyone else wind up going to the convention?

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/29/16 03:39 AM

You clearly enjoyed yourselves! Ms. Scoggins still looks gorgeous.

P.S. I agree with the FB post that TNAOS Superman's birthday is February 28th. In the same episode we learn Jimmy Olson's birthdate, too. Also in February but I don't remember the day or year. 2/15/84? I'm too lazy to look it up in the online script.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/01/16 04:52 AM

It has arrived!

Listen to our exclusive interview with TRACY SCOGGINS!
Also available on iTunes and most podcast providers.

We take a trip to Cat’s Corner and talk with the incredibly talented Tracy Scoggins about her time as the Daily Planet’s own Cat Grant! Tracy was so kind to sit down with us and share some awesome stories about her many roles, careers, and misadventures, not to mention prove her own geek bonafides as well! We cannot thank Tracy enough for taking the time out of her day to talk with us Superfans. Still haven’t really managed to wipe the smiles off our faces either. Visit www.tracyscoggins.com and her IMDB page to keep up to date on all things Scoggins.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/01/16 11:41 PM

Terrific interview, guys! It was all I could have hoped for and more. I'm currently looking for the Lane Smith comments but I fear I'm years too late. I've heard the water tower story before but didn't know Dean's brother might have been there, too. The Kelly the wonderful Ms. Scoggins mentioned was Dean's stand in, IIRC. (The guy with the long ponytail who walks around in the background at the Daily Planet and looks really busy.) I can't remember Dean's brother's name but he and Kelly were once in the same band, again IIRC.

Kate

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/02/16 01:03 AM

Well done, guys! I really enjoyed her stories and I like that she's a sci-fi geek, too. I am envious or her and K Callan who both got to play aliens on a Star Trek series. Full makeup and all! I'd love to meet her some day.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/02/16 06:28 AM

Glad you guys enjoyed the interview, and great facts Kate! I'd never heard the waterpower story so I was so glad she pullet it out. Went looking for the Lane in Metropolis comments myself but couldn't find them either.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/02/16 02:40 PM

Kelly Christian and Roger Cain.
I love Ms. Scoggins' sense of humor. What fun she must be to work with or have as a friend.
"You just called Superman a bozo!"
Posted by: LoisLaneKent 33

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/02/16 03:33 PM

Fun interview! Any chance of getting Dean or Teri for an interview too? smile

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/03/16 03:39 PM

Mr. Cain especially. I love his stories.

Kate

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/04/16 02:00 PM

It'll be interesting to hear what Ms. Hatcher has to say, too, since what she's had to say so far is pretty generalized or said in anger- or frustration, I guess is the word. No stories.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/05/16 03:02 AM

Nothing would make me happier than to talk to the two of them, but I think it would take a Hell of a lot more than asking nicely to get them. Don't think we don't dream big though smile

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/07/16 01:04 AM

Glad you got your interview!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/07/16 10:14 PM

If you can get this guy to talk to you about the series, it would be as great as the interview with Tracy Scoggins.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/07/16 11:56 PM

That's a pretty good review. One of the best I've ever heard or read.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/08/16 03:49 AM

Thanks for all the compliments, folks! Glad everyone enjoyed the Tracy interview cause God knows we did!

Really fun episode this week because we have our first guest who, after hearing about us in this very forum, reached out and wound up on the show. We talk Ides of Metropolis with longtime fan Christine Bartolucci!

Listen to 115 - Ides of Metropolis here!

And be sure to check out Christine's amazing photography at ChristineBartolucci.com

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/09/16 05:09 PM

My favorite part of this episode has always been Melanie Mayron's frazzled hairstyle being such a comedic counterpoint to Lois's smooth bob. She makes me laugh whenever I see her. But she has great nails! (Cheap though they are.) lol

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/09/16 06:28 PM

Lois and Clark do some password breaking in The Rival, too. They learned something from this case! Other than,like Bo, Perry knows.
My husband and I always wondered if Bo's appearance inspired the Perry knows thing.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/12/16 03:58 PM

Love the scene in Perry's office. It's the one thing that convinces me Perry is very capable of knowing about Clark without an official revelation, since he wouldn't want to know officially.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/15/16 05:21 AM

NEW EPISODE ALERT!

Clark's Kryptonian globe starts playing messages from his parents just in time for it to be stolen and become part of Lex's dope art collection. Also, SPACESHIP!!! Craig Bryne (Kryptonsite, KsiteTV)joins us to reminisce about his L&C love and talks a little Smallville too. This episode edited by Carolina Martinez.

Listen to Episode 116 - Foundling (with Craig Byrne) now!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/16/16 02:55 AM

I call it Lois's Metropolis Morality, the greatest gift the series' writers ever gave her. It excuses all questionable behavior on her part. wink She can get away with telling a lie, while Clark is crucified for any dishonesty on his part, no matter how trivial or how good a reason he has for it. Metropolis Morality wins!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/16/16 09:59 AM

I'm not a fan of KryptonSite and just didn't feel like listening. I like the episode though. Clark meets Jack, the kid whose life he will save what? A half dozen times?

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/16/16 04:00 PM

Clark is such a saint. It would have been so easy to have spun up a tale about Superman asking Clark to take care of the globe, which isn’t exactly a lie, but he chooses to be as honest as possible.

Since I'm not actually listening to the podcast, I'll leave it at this and stop clogging your thread:) Some food for thought: A few months ago I came across a post that offered some interesting insight about Lois's double standards.
First, Lois is completely in the wrong here no matter her reason. However, the gist of it is that because Clark has slipped under Lois's walls, gaining her trust, he has become the only person in Lois's life she can depend on so completely. Without even realizing it, Lois has come to expect more from him because she needs him to be honesty and trustworthy. He's her stability in a world where no one can be trusted. I'd have to watch the episode again to be sure, but from that it seems like the Metropolis vs. Smallville argument can be seen as more of an excuse for Lois's expectations when in reality she likely doesn't fully realize why she has them.

This tantrum of Lois's is probably my favorite: "Don't edit my tantrums, Clark! I won't be responsible.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/17/16 05:40 PM

I blame all of my spelling problems on my tablet's spell checking. It keeps trying to predict what I want to write and editing without permission! har No matter how many times I write Lex, it automatically changes the word to Led.
This is one of my favorite episodes because of the Kents. I love their reaction to Clark's news and their unflagging support.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/18/16 03:37 AM

Originally Posted By: AnnieL
First, Lois is completely in the wrong here no matter her reason. However, the gist of it is that because Clark has slipped under Lois's walls, gaining her trust, he has become the only person in Lois's life she can depend on so completely. Without even realizing it, Lois has come to expect more from him because she needs him to be honesty and trustworthy. He's her stability in a world where no one can be trusted.

Great point on this one! Love PMC's reaction too. The Kents and Lex Luthor are almost always the greatest parts of the episodes they are in! Glad everyone is enjoying the episode!

So...we have only one more episode to record for season one of Lois & Clark'd, and we want to close the season off with a challenge. We are looking for any and all SEASON 1 trivia questions for us to try to answer in the final episode. Keep in mind, we are asking for season 1 trivia ONLY since we are still trying to keep Ryan relatively spoiler-free for the rest of the series.

If you've got trivia, message us on the Facebook page or email us (loisandclarkd@gmail.com) and we will compile a list from there!

We are set to record the final episode, covering "Barbarians at the Planet" and "House of Luthor", on April 5th, so send your trivia in before the 4th to be included!

A giant thanks to everyone who has listened this season and trusted us enough to keep downloading, following, reviewing, and supporting us. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/19/16 11:46 AM

Originally Posted By: AnnieL

Without even realizing it, Lois has come to expect more from him because she needs him to be honesty and trustworthy. He's her stability in a world where no one can be trusted. I'd have to watch the episode again to be sure, but from that it seems like the Metropolis vs. Smallville argument can be seen as more of an excuse for Lois's expectations when in reality she likely doesn't fully realize why she has them.

I have to disagree. She can explain herself plainly enough to Perry for him to know exactly what she's saying and decide he doesn't want to go there. It becomes a double standard she holds all men to, not just Clark. Lois finally decides she doesn't really like Dan Scardino, after all, when she discovers he is undercover and is really a DEA agent- and lied to her about his assignment. She is so angry she almost gives him away by going to him ON THE JOB and confronts him about being dishonest with her! (Completely forgetting how angry she was when Clark blew her cover at the Metro Club to get her out of danger, yet she still walks into Dan's uncover operation and nearly blows his cover!)
It likely goes back to Claude, if there must be an in character reason, but it is a tool, IMO, the writers use to let her be the good investigative reporter she is throughout the series by breaking her promises and rushing into danger. That's what makes her a good reporter. She doesn't have to follow the rules everyone else has to or chooses to.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/19/16 01:31 PM

She holds Cat to a double standard, too. As a gossip columnist, Cat dresses a certain way to disarm people, get them off balance and Lois is derisive of her, but she has no problem using her own sexuality to get jobs, interviews with men, to attract Superman, etc. True, Cat goes over the top with suggestive clothing, but privately she is more like Lois than anyone would ever guess. I'll bet they've all seen her jogging in the park or in her neighborhood and didn't even know it was her.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/19/16 01:45 PM

So much for cutting back. wink

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/20/16 12:42 PM

Am I imagining things?
I was going to say in reference to a wonderful imaginary post, the fun thing about Metropolis Morals is that as Clark starts to use some of Lois's tactics, she is thrilled (lifting the Revenge atomizer, for example) but the real joke is that Clark uses his powers for this all the time!
The writers have basically given her the equivalent of Clark's casual use of his powers, IMO.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/20/16 01:57 PM

There was a lovely post there, but due to equally wonderful technical difficulties on my computer, my editing ended in losing everything.

Good observation! I think you have a point there.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/21/16 01:18 PM

Yeah, that happens. I mean it, though. It made me think and reassess and that's great.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/21/16 01:37 PM

So...we have only one more episode to record for season one of Lois & Clark'd, and we want to close the season off with a challenge. We are looking for any and all SEASON 1 trivia questions for us to try to answer in the final episode. Keep in mind, we are asking for season 1 trivia ONLY since we are still trying to keep Ryan relatively spoiler-free for the rest of the series.

If you've got trivia, message us on the Facebook page or email us (loisandclarkd@gmail.com) and we will compile a list from there!

Difficulty level? My RPG has an L&C trivia list but it is very hard. I posted a few of the questions on this board and maybe a third of the questions were answered. There are several from season one on the list. Unfortunately the 'hint' is no longer valid because the screen cap site is gone.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/22/16 04:27 AM

Difficulty level? My RPG has an L&C trivia list but it is very hard. I posted a few of the questions on this board and maybe a third of the questions were answered. There are several from season one on the list. Unfortunately the 'hint' is no longer valid because the screen cap site is gone.

We'll take anything! I mean, probably make idiots out of ourselves with the hard stuff, but let's see what we can come up with!

In the mean time, we've got a new episode up!

When another woman shows the slightest interest in Clark, Lois goes insane. But she’s totally not in love with him. No, really! Also, something about newspapers and Dean Stockwell.

Listen to 117 "The Rival" HERE!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/23/16 03:12 PM

To me this is a fun episode to watch because of Lois going all manic over Linda's attraction to Clark. Lois noticed Clark first, though she won't admit it, but Superman is hers! This is so not the Lois she wants the world to see!

Kate

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/23/16 04:22 PM

And Teri Hatcher pulls it off so well! Maybe she was unhappy with the 'childish' show and the scripts, but bless her that she never let it show up on screen. Every performance was at her very best.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/27/16 02:34 AM

Slightly off topic this week, but take a listen to our no-holds-barred Batman v Superman review!

SPOILERS!!! If you haven’t seen this movie yet, DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST! For real, we didn’t hold anything back. Much like this movie! If you couldn’t tell, we’ve been waiting a long time to talk about this movie and we were so glad to be joined by Carolina Martinez and new guest Justin Miller! We put this together very quickly and had an unfortunate microphone failure, so please excuse Justin and Carolina’s soft, heavenly whispers compared to our violent roars.

LISTEN HERE!

Also available on iTunes, Modzilla, and the other usual places! Back for some actual Lois & Clark talk next week.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/28/16 11:41 PM

This speaks for me: all one thousand words. frown

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/29/16 05:05 AM

This speaks for me: all one thousand words. frown

I love this! What is this from?!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 03/29/16 11:23 AM

It's from "Injustice, Year One," but I found it on Imgur.com under Comic Books about a year ago.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 04/05/16 03:42 AM

I don't know why, but I feel like it's been forever since I've typed the words NEW EPISODE!

Vatman v Superman? We dissect Lois & Clark's bizzaro take on a classic Superman villain with longtime fan, and zoomways participant Laurie Collins! Plus, talk of Dean Cain's ties, the early Internet, and Lex's increasingly good evil plans.

LISTEN TO "VATMAN" HERE!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 04/06/16 02:09 PM

I was having so much fun laughing with you guys I don't even remember what the plot was!
So we have Superman and Duperman, and coming up soon is Lexman and Barryman, and later is Rikerman; not to mention Ultrawoman and Ultralucille, whose name rolls off the tongue.
Vatman was always a fun story- but you made it hilarious. The commentary was the most fun on the show so far.
And Resplendent Man! Vixen! How could I forget Resplendent Man and Vixen? har

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 04/06/16 06:10 PM

I was having so much fun laughing with you guys I don't even remember what the plot was!
So we have Superman and Duperman, and coming up soon is Lexman and Barryman, and later is Rikerman; not to mention Ultrawoman and Ultralucille, whose name rolls off the tongue.
Vatman was always a fun story- but you made it hilarious. The commentary was the most fun on the show so far.

So glad you enjoyed the episode! You mentioning Ultralucille just got me so excited for season 3. We have SO MUCH MORE to talk about

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 04/07/16 01:49 PM

I agree with Bev. Good show and very funny. I always thought of this as the Bizarro episode too, and who else but Lex could make an anti Superman. I also like how this sets up the cloning work he's funding. Making longer living clones through mad science.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 04/08/16 01:13 PM

Vatman was a middle of the road episode for me, enjoyable but not high on the favorites list. The one thing I ever wondered about was how they made a clone from a lock of hair. Don't they need a follicle with living tissue present to do that? I'm sure Superman cut it with his heat or laser vision and didn't just yank out a tuft of hair!
Lex made a big mistake getting rid of such a talented scientist! He made a Superman clone from nothing! But for all his talent he must have been stupid enough to write it down somewhere. Still, who knows what else he could have created from nothing?

Kate, feeling all scientific now

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 04/08/16 05:23 PM

Lex has begun quite a collection of blueprints: flame throwing weapons and, now, how to make something from nothing.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 04/09/16 03:04 PM

I don't know. I hear you can do a lot with split ends these days.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 04/12/16 06:12 AM

So, we just finished recording the final episode of the season and I couldn't be more pumped. That doesn't drop til next week, but we had an awesome time recording and looking back at the season as a whole! We've had such an awesome time putting this show out these past few months and it's so hard to put into words how much the support of FOLCs on this forum means to me! But, that's next week, this week we play with the format a little bit when discussing "FLY HARD!"

Listen to episode 119 - "Fly Hard" Now!

Also available on iTunes, Modzilla, and most of the rest of them as well!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 04/13/16 10:47 AM

Lane Smith was such a great actor with unlimited range. As the pic shows he was fearless when it came to comedy. Doing the twist on his desk ("Jonny!")in, I think it was Season's Greedings, was so funny. He was a good anchor for this show as Perry who fully believed in the man who could fly.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 04/13/16 01:42 PM

Absolutely. No Crocodile White here. From he comments at the poker game we can guess he investigated Superman for himself and didn't just rely on his reporters to tell the story. He understood Superman's integrity.

Kate

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 04/14/16 12:52 PM

There is a video somewhere in which Dean Cain refers to the flying departure of Superman on the show as doing a "cape out." He flicks the cape and moves off camera and Lois, and whoever else is on screen, looks up in the air as if watching Superman fly away.
(If it was me I'd be walking back into the scene, saying, "What are you looking at?" Maybe he did. smile )
As you said, Cain may have mentioned cape-outs in all his Q&A sessions as he repeats his stories yet again, but its cool the director and crew apparently had a name for that gesture.

P.S- While you were trying to pronounce Sgriccia I thought "ask Zabel!" LOL! He posts on your Facebook page all the time. lol

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 04/14/16 02:45 PM

Screechia? Screecha? Christina Ricci is Reechy, right?
Ask Bryce. smile

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 04/19/16 03:34 AM

Well FOLCs, we made it to the end of the first season! We are officially a quarter of the way done with the show. But don't worry, we are just getting started! When Lex Luthor commits insurance fraud and plants a bomb in order to neg Lois Lane into marrying him, Clark, Superman, Perry, Jimmy, Jack, the movie star, the professor, and Mary Ann will stop at nothing to show Lois the light and take Lex down once and for all!....'Til they need a ratings bump and bring him back. It has been our extreme pleasure to bring you all this podcast for the last several months and we can't wait hope to see everyone back in season 2. There is going to be a couple weeks between then and now, but we will be back in between with a few Superman sidebar episodes. The first of which will be us covering the wonder that is the Smallville pilot, so hope everyone enjoys that! Til next time, thank you all for listening and for your support!! FOLC off!!

LISTEN TO THE SEASON FINALE HERE! or on iTunes!
Posted by: tom2point0

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 04/19/16 02:35 PM

The Flash has a similar story. They call it "zoop" or "zooping" whenever Barry super speeds into a scene. On a recent Fat Man on Batman episode, Kevin Smith talks about his experience directing an episode of The Flash. Grant Gustin (Barry) says Kevin will love the zoop scene, the process is just so good. Kevin got so excited and was asking really? Is it really tough to get the shot? It's a really involved shot?" Grant was just like "oh yeah you're gonna love this just wait!"

Then basically Grant saunters into the shot as the Flash, stops, someone blows an air gun, and he poses dramatically, and delivers his line aaaaaaaand scene.

Kevin was like "That's it?!?!?!"

The actual speed effect was all done in the computer later. He had a good laugh about it. He's such a fanboy of The Flash it was funny to hear him get all amped up and then be like awwwwww.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 04/20/16 06:24 PM

Oh, come on, Mr. Truex and Mr. Albertson!

Lex Luthor
Lois Lane
Lana Lang
Lori LeMaris
Les Landau (director of GGGOH.)

Well, it was obvious to me that having double Ls as initials was appropriate to the subject of Superman. lol

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 04/20/16 09:45 PM

That was the trivia list from this forum! You changed some of it, though I got Les Landau! (Lex Landau? smile )
I recognized: The sky darkens! Clark gets hit by a car! What color is the car? It was one of the questions I got.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 04/22/16 11:40 AM

Oh, come on, Mr. Truex and Mr. Albertson!

Lex Luthor
Lois Lane
Lana Lang
Lori LeMaris
Les Landau (director of GGGOH.)

Well, it was obvious to me that having double Ls as initials was appropriate to the subject of Superman. lol

There you go thinking again! har

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 04/23/16 03:55 PM

Yeah, I better stop that. It isn't getting me anywhere.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 05/17/16 03:06 AM

The first in our Summer Screening series is the methodically plotted treat that is the Smallville series pilot. Joined by Smallville fanboy Justin Miller, we have a great time dissecting this decidedly "fresh" take on the Superman myth, all the while spoiling much of the ensuing 10 seasons for perpetual novice, Ryan. Also, shout out to our fellow Meteor Freaks! First off, check out Craig Byrne's K Site and his multiple Smallville Season Companions he's authored, as well as the great Always Hold Onto Smallville Podcast, which is to the little Kansas berg what we are to L&C!

LISTEN TO OUR SMALLVILLE TALK HERE!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 10/25/16 02:02 PM

Guess who's back! That's right, after way WAY too long a break, we thought we would break the ice with a little catch up, a little "How I Spent My Podcast Hiatus," and some Superman talk. Been a long time, but happy to be back. Season 2 is on it's way gang!

Check out our new episode KARA & CLARK'd: Discussing Supergirl Season 2's Superman

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 10/25/16 04:14 PM

Alright, the boys are back in town! My girls and I enjoyed the new Superman and his relationship with Supergirl so much. The kids enjoyed goofy Clark more than I did. George Reeves and Dean Cain (especially) played Clark more to my liking.
It was good to see the character I know from my childhood, the guy who can fly and smile at the same time.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 10/25/16 04:58 PM

Good to have you back, guys! We loved the Superman appearances on Supergirl. I agree with Bev- a man CAN fly and smile at the same time.
The darker, angsty Superman will just never work for me. Henry Cavill is fine but the material he has to work with is awful, IMO.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 10/26/16 02:55 PM

Glad we weren't forgotten! And really glad everyone else dug the new Supes as much as we did. If it works, it works!

Season 2 is coming soon (likely December) so keep an eye out and we will keep working away at it!
Posted by: 344Clinton

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/03/17 03:16 PM

Really looking forward to season 2. Any plans or is it abandoned?
Posted by: Smart Kid

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/03/17 04:09 PM

Hey everyone! It's Ryan from Lois and Clark'd!

Yes look at me, I'm on zoomway... I know I know... I didn't think so either.

Anyway... Matt and I apologize for the long hiatus, but we are officially back!

Check out our season 2 kick-off episode here: https://loisandclarkdpodcast.com/2017/11/02/season-2-kick-off-party-hour/

We'll be releasing new episodes as they become available so keep your eyes peeled! Or ears peeled, really? I guess? Right?

Whatever you get it. They're coming!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/04/17 12:07 AM

I'm glad to hear that. Welcome to the boards, Smart Kid.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/04/17 02:14 AM

Good news indeed. Welcome to Zoomway's treasure trove of Superman information.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/22/17 07:47 PM

No offense, but I wish I didn't know about the lack of enthusiasm for the show. I'm listening without wanting to add to the misery by saying anything. (Yet, here I am. Yeah.) It isn't that I, for one, am not listening to the podcast anymore. I just dont know what to say. har

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/22/17 08:41 PM

I understand what you mean. It's just that I want Teri and Dean to work together again on something (anything). Maybe, some day before I buy the farm.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/30/17 04:58 PM

Per "The Source."

Take a look at this: Concordance Page

Hit the episode trivia link, guys, to show you how way off some of us were!! We thought those little soccer balls featured in the episode were stress balls not kegel devices!!!!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/01/17 03:20 PM

The things you learn from podcasts. No, no, no, no, no. I did not need to know about that. I prefer Bogart's ball bearings to be for stress relief.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/07/17 05:08 PM

Just keep listening. We get out of the funk eventually.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/07/17 05:11 PM

Don't you worry, we're back with more this week! And with one of our favorite guests, Christine Bartolucci!

https://soundcloud.com/lois-clarkd/204-the-pranksterwith-christine-bartolucci

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 01/04/18 01:23 AM

We've got a new episode up everyone! Will Ryan quit the Podcast? Will we do a Christmas episode? Find out!

Also feel free to talk about the episode on here. Or tell us we're idiots! That's fine too.

That Old Gang of Mine

You, talking to us? No, I think we are the ones talking to you's. How bout them apples? Fuggetaboutit. Mobster words! Turns out, Bonny, Clyde, Capone, and Dillinger are back from the dead, and we talk you through it.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 01/19/18 05:54 PM

A Bolt From The Blue

I was listening to this as I drove home from work last night and the commentary had me laughing out loud. (The Firestein/Weinstein mix-up was the first laugh I got out of the whole terrible business in months.)
I think the line was Brawnyman-- but Brownieman is a lot more fun.
Tasha Yar (or Denise Crosby, as she insists on calling herself in real life) is one of my favorite parts of the episode, too. She had a lot of fun with her role. She and Bronson Pinchot are two of my favorite guest stars from season two. They both pushed their characters just enough to be funny but not quite over the top. Cindy Williams was also funny and I liked her interactions with Teri Hatcher in the cage. Subtle and believable, but funny, too.
Is it Jimmy 2, Jimmy Too, Jimmy II or Jimmy To? We need to spell it right in future posts. (kidding)

The Phoenix (2-16)

I listened to this on the drive home last night. So funny. All I have to say, which you will ignore completely, is pulse points, guys! Pulse points! The bend of the elbow, the wrist, behind the ears and behind the knee, etc. Its a long held belief that putting a dab of perfume there prolongs the scent because the body heat generated at pulse points can amplify or magnify a scent.
Otherwise, enjoy yourselves on your break. I've had some good laughs so far with season 2.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/17/18 01:45 AM

I'm very much looking forward to hearing what your mom has to say about no longer liking this show!
Don't forget to come back with that episode!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 02/17/18 03:10 PM

That comment was intriguing!!
I still dont know how to respond since I like the show a lot better than the hosts. wink
It is still funny, though, and I come back for that. As well as new insights, such as, Lois IS out of her element when it comes to romance. She has no idea how to cope with it, and I never realized that until now. She jumped in and she is way over her head. It doesn't excuse what is going to happen soon, though. That is still cruel.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 04/05/18 08:05 PM

Glad we gave you a laugh! The Weinstein insanity has been rough going for all, but definitely glad it all ended up out in the open.

Ahhhhh! Pulse points. It all becomes clear. Thanks, BevK.

I always imagine it as Jimmy 2, but I'll roll with anything you guys go with.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 04/05/18 08:07 PM

Sorry, I dropped the ball on posting on here since its been so quiet.

Here is a link to Matt's mom episode... which I've been forbidden from listening to.

Supermom Special

Enjoy!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 04/05/18 08:10 PM

I dopn't know if you guys had a chance to catch this one, but Matt and I had a great time recording it.

We decided to try our hands at developing and breaking an episode of the show ourselves!

Listen below!

Writers Table

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 07/07/18 03:25 AM

These guys talked about taking a recent WB studio tour and posted a lot of great photos on their Facebook page and on Instagram. After all the time that has passed the outdoor shooting locations are still there and well maintained. I want to take my girls out there for a tour to see how much they'll recognize.
I remember having a discussion about this lot many years ago and being surprised by the pictures posted at the time how close to the Daily Planet facade all the locations were.
Reenacting the death of Mayson Drake looks like fun!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 07/21/21 09:47 PM

The podcasts are kind of few and far between but I'm happy to hear this podcast is still around and still giving fun and surprisingly informative reviews of the episodes.
"The Dad Who Came In From The Cold" was not one of my favorite episodes and doing the Concordance entry wasn't too memorable, but I was interested by what Mr. Truex and his guest had to say about the plot. I listened through Apple podcasts and enjoyed the humorous little insights into secret agent land that popped up here and there.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 07/31/21 08:49 PM

Yes, I've been listening to the podcast episodes too. I also like Rosenbaum's podcast. My daughter has gotten me interested in true crime podcasts, too.

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 11/29/21 07:46 PM

Wonderful K Callan interview by the guys for this podcast. And I do mean wonderful! shout thumbsup

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/02/21 01:02 AM

I loved when she said she could have really made a Superman suit for Dean Cain with what she had in her sewing room at home!

Re: Lois & Clark'd: The New PODCASTS of Superman - 12/02/21 06:24 PM

She used to be a teacher, too! I respect her as an actress and a woman even more.