End of Season 1 Question

Posted by: BevK

End of Season 1 Question - 04/16/11 02:59 AM

Does anyone have a reasonable time line for how much time passed between the proposal of marriage and the Lane-Luthor wedding? What would be a reasonable time line?
A friend of mine is writing a story for me set during this time and he apologized that he was going to take liberties with the time line so the story will make sense. I asked what he meant by that and we emailed back and forth discussing it.
Some events suggest very little time passes while others give a sense that many weeks have passed. He's planning on around two to three months passing for the story.
For every time line we came up with we could think of a way for Lex to mess it up! Still, even with superspeed typing it takes a while to write a novel, especially if you're investigating Lex at the same time. (Unless it was a NaNoWriMo project.) And it takes a while to build a mansion with or without a fifteen car garage and Lois seemed to be giving input along the way. They were at the point when final decisions were needed for the bedrooms and the garage.
What are the holes here?

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 04/23/11 02:39 PM

O-kay.
Posted by: KateW

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 12/27/11 04:06 AM

I'll take a crack at this. Better late than never, right?
You said the proposal, not Lois' acceptance.
How about 6 to 8 weeks? Wouldn't it take that long for Jimmy to lose his apartment and go missing long enough for people to notice? Luthor's buying the newspaper would have made the employees' paycheck's good, so he had at least a month's rent on hand. (Two in a row bounced.)
That's four weeks before he gets kicked out, goes missing for another week and then you can add 1 to 3 more for the time that passes between the proposal and the bombing (2?) Not to mention how much time passes before Jimmy's last rent payment was due after the sale of the DP. I'd say two since he wasn't worried, yet, about rent at the discussion about the checks bouncing.
6 to 8, most likely 8.
Edit:
Rewatched the episode and realized Jimmy and Jack were supposed to die. Lex moved them specifically to the area not only to set up Jack but to have them close to the bomb and the fires. It would have worked if Superman wasn't in the building. smile
Lois should have been grieving in Lex's arms instead of worrying about Jack's lawyer or Jimmy's troubles.

Kate, wondering if she gets to read the story now smile

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 12/27/11 06:25 AM

LOL! We settled on two months just to be settling on something.
From the series we know Lois was in touch with Jimmy, at least, maybe Jack, too, between Perry's party and the day she went looking for Clark. Assuming the party was the last time she talked to Clark. Like Perry, she thought Jimmy was still doing okay, and she was paying enough attention to Jack's case to be able to feel she could talk to him.
Isn't it strange she doesn't seem to have blinked an eye at Lex's change from the angry attacker at Jack's arrest to the puzzled, helpless guy who couldn't understand why Jack fired the lawyer he'd hired for him? He had her so snowed! She honestly believed she changed his mind from ordering the boy out of his sight to helping him?! I wonder if Lex expected her and the others to turn against Jack, too?

I will ask about the story.

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 12/27/11 02:47 PM

Quote:
She honestly believed she changed his mind from ordering the boy out of his sight to helping him?! I wonder if Lex expected her and the others to turn against Jack, too?

It was part of the snow job, but that was Lex. Adaptable. Whatever it took to maintain his image he could do and he was out to win with Lois.
He probably did expect Jack to be as quickly forgotten by the others as he was by the writers of the second season!

Kate

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 12/27/11 05:00 PM

By ff writers, too, in general. He very rarely shows up in stories and in ST he was a spy for Lex. He is not a liked character, and one of the reasons is fans didn't like that he discovered Clark was Superman before Lois did. Considering the circumstances, it's not surprising. When did Clark ever have reason to trust her?
Within days of meeting her, she begins to date Lex, goes on for a year, then she turns him down when he tells her he loves her, she nearly marries the other man. First year: I don't see any opening there. Second year, they barely have one date, have one kiss, and a day later she's flattered by and attracted to another man, whose interest in her she does try to avert at first-- I'll give her that much-- but then encourages. He's a government agent. Both men had huge reserves of power and resources at their fingertips if they needed it to make life miserable for anyone in their way. One did. Maybe the other one was supposed to as originally planned.
Lucky for her, Clark decided to take the humiliation, to him she was worth being treated so badly.
If you loved a man who decided one day, in front of everyone you had to work with day after day, that he wanted to also date the new woman, just hired, at the same time as dating you--do I need to go on? It makes me cringe for him coming back and someone telling him what happened. Can you imagine the gossip that followed? And he took it-- for her.
Jack finding out first never bothered me, and considering he decided immediately not to tell, makes him a character I like.

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 12/28/11 01:08 AM

Quote:
fans didn't like that he discovered Clark was Superman before Lois did.

Really?
Up to the time I started watching this show I read my dad's comic books and Lois didn't know the secret for around fifty-plus years before that. Take my word for it, Jack finding out a year before Lois did is no big deal! My dad waited since the 50s for her to find out! How many older fans didn't live long enough to see her find out?
Ask your writer friend if he can stick Jack in our story somewhere! LOL!

Kate wondering where her holiday spirit is hiding

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 12/28/11 01:25 AM

Quote:
Lucky for her, Clark decided to take the humiliation, to him she was worth being treated so badly.
If you loved a man who decided one day, in front of everyone you had to work with day after day, that he wanted to also date the new woman, just hired, at the same time as dating you--do I need to go on? It makes me cringe for him coming back and someone telling him what happened. Can you imagine the gossip that followed? And he took it-- for her.

Yikes! There was my comic hero on the TV screen and I was too blind to see him! I was so busy feeling badly for Scardino I never saw Clark stand up and take that hit. Here I was complaining about the way he's portrayed on TV and I didn't even see that a few weeks ago when we talked all around it! LOL!
Does this qualify as an Argh!!!!!?

Kate, finding yet another reason to jump up and down on car boogers

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 12/28/11 04:15 PM

Quote:
Ask your writer friend if he can stick Jack in our story somewhere! LOL!

Jack IS in the story. We needed a reason for CK to stay in Metropolis, a reason to keep going to his job and Jack turned out to be it. His dilemma is what gives CK purpose and a reason to stay in the city and go to his job every day and grit his teeth and live with Lois dating Scardino.
Someone else needs him.

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 12/28/11 04:22 PM

Quote:
Does this qualify as an Argh!!!!!?

Yes, it does but since you're Aarghing in the wrong thread it doesn't count. The rules must be obeyed.
Kidding, kidding, kidding. Definitely an Aargh!!!!
Blindness when looking at Clark is one of the main ingredients of a successful Superman universe. No one sees the real man, only what he wants us to see.

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 12/28/11 07:05 PM

I guess it could be worse. I might be a Scardino fan scouring the archives and FF.net for stories that even mention him!Just one paragraph...a line? Noooooo!!

Kate, scaring herself smile

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 12/28/11 07:07 PM

Quote:
Jack IS in the story.

I can hardly wait! No, I can wait. I want it to be good and it sounds like it will more than deliver.

Kate

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 12/28/11 11:43 PM

Quote:
Kate, scaring herself

I didn't mind him either for a long time, though I didn't know what was happening there until the TNT reruns. I didn't care, though, because I knew what was going to happen so I just watched without benefit of speculation. I read the fanfic knowing he was going to get the heave-ho but I was also really intrigued by how many authors extended the relationship or gave it more detail, too. Now I wonder if it isn't just an excuse for the authors to torture Clark!
See! I'm not complaining! I'm standing up for my boy Superman! You torture him, you torture me... No, that's not right...
LOL! Something like that.

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 12/29/11 03:09 PM

You could be right about the torture aspect. I'm beginning to think Clark is not a very well liked character either. Not just Jack and Jimmy.
I've been reading stories at random again and the opening description of one I read the other day made a big thing about Clark being such a lunkhead and the story was written to show what might have happened instead if he wasn't so stupid. Maybe so, but he wasn't the only one. Like Lois never made a bad decision? Like Lois never did anything stupid? Like Lois never put their relationship in as much jeopardy? And what's lunkheaded about some of Clark's behavior? He doesn't have the viewers knowledge of what is making Lois do or say what she does- he only has what knowledge the writers gave him and that's only what is needed to cause angst or anxiety. We know all because we've seen all. The characters haven't.
You can't tell me coming back from Smallville where she was safe to check on SUPERMAN in DTOSC wasn't lunkheaded too. The writers of the show were equal opportunity conveyers of lunkheadedness between the two. It's fan interpretation that isn't. Lois can't do wrong, Clark can't do anything right.

Kate, JMO

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 12/29/11 06:33 PM

Well, you pick your favorites in any fandom. In Star Wars, I like the Jedi in general and Han Solo, so I play a Jedi and a pilot in the RPG. In Star Trek I like Picard and Dr. Crusher-- not necessarily as a ship, but because I was a little red headed Beverly who got teased in elementary school and suddenly here was this beautiful red headed Beverly on the new Star Trek show who ordered men around and yelled at the captain! And he liked her anyway! It did wonders for me. LOL!
In TNAOS Clark is my favorite. He's Superman. Lois was great but I already had an idol, a strong woman role model in Beverly Crusher.
I do appreciate this wonderful abundance of stories in all the archives but I'm reading them as a Clark fan not a Lois fan. A majority of the stories are written by Lois fans where Clark is almost like the guy who has to be there because he's two of the title characters, but he can be knocked out and made useless by Kryptonite or sent off to cry somewhere in the world because Lois is going to marry Luthor or she's dating Dan, or she just found out he's Superman and has told him she never wants to see his lying, scum sucking face again as long as she lives-- or words to that effect so Lois can do everything herself with minimal appearances by Clark/Superman.
(Babble writing. smile )
I'm going to see things in a different way. I see that even professional writers are Lois fans. The novels written for this series are all Lois-centric stories where Superman/Clark is off somewhere dealing with the latest twenty car pile up to happen in Metropolis, the latest train derailment, the latest tropical storm to hit on the other side of the world, etc., etc., while Lois face a crisis and solves it alone. The galoot in tights only slows her down.
C.J. Cherryh, for pete's sake, wrote the biggest Lois-is-the-more-important-character-Superman-is-irrelevant story of them all!
But I'm not going to stop reading the stories, because every now and then you come upon a little gem where, as you put it, the balance is just right and the story keeps my attention. Carbon Copy, Field of Dreams, Into Each Life, Epiphany, An Unexpected Valentine, Heartache Tonight, Anybody's Baby, Tryst, among many others are gems to look for. Right now.
Spoiler for Tryst. M/O
P.S.: Tryst is a story I really love but the whole no sex before the proper time (29 or so for Lois, 30ish for Clark) and "I need time, Clark. I'm not ready." thing almost ruined it for me!
(Really. What is so wrong with them falling in love and handling it like adults? Heavy sigh. I know, I know. Canon says so and that's what makes them so endearing!)

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/06/12 03:23 PM

Quote:
C.J. Cherryh, for Pete's sake, wrote the biggest Lois-is-the-more-important-character-Superman-is-irrelevant story of them all!
But I'm not going to stop reading the stories, because every now and then you come upon a little gem where, as you put it, the balance is just right and the story keeps my attention.

I've had the opportunity to buy that book at a used book store I like, but I've always hesitated because I've read elsewhere that the story doesn't have the magic of the show. I've thumbed through the other novels but they seemed to be geared for younger people. I wish I had seen them when I was younger and read them then.

In the fic I'm liking your idea of little gems so far. Coming from Star Trek, for example, where there are plenty of novels but they all end the same- there is no change to the crew and it can be annoying that the characters don't seem to learn from experience, I look for growth in characters in any fandom. For a long time if you wanted to see Trek characters move on or grow, you had to read the fan fic.
I don't want to see L&C too different, I just want to see them more adult than they were allowed to be in the series.

Kate

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/06/12 07:07 PM

Quote:
I don't want to see L&C too different, I just want to see them more adult than they were allowed to be in the series.

Do you hear that sound? That's the sound of Tempus laughing in some other dimension. It was a prime time series about a comic book hero and they knew little girls and boys like us were watching. We didn't understand the love story but we were watching anyway. What irony! We brought it about ourselves.
But I know what you mean. Teenagers go steady and date; near thirty year old men and women should have matured beyond that. Tempus is loving it wherever he is. Ironically, pizza and a movie made LnC appealing and memorable.
Posted by: bellekettle

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/07/12 01:31 AM

I always thought the series wasted a lot of good guest stars that could have been great supporting characters if written better. Jack was one of them.

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/07/12 03:31 AM

Oh, don't get me started on Jack! He had a brother who disappeared from the series before he did, but every time I see that episode I wonder why they introduced that little boy who combed his hair like Clark Kent. It was probably just the make-up department having some fun, but he was in character that way! I imagine the two boys, after running away from foster care, sleeping under old newspapers before they found the empty warehouse. He, Denny, reads some of the articles and starts to like Clark Kent's writing because of his old article on adopted kids looking for their real parents. . . That's as far as I can take it.
Jack shows up now and then in some fanfic, or he's mentioned, in passing,as going off to another job in another city or something. Of course, Denny went to a good foster family.
Yes, I do wish there was some kind of resolution for his character, and hopefully, I will get one soon. (Hint hint, Robert.)

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/07/12 02:44 PM

Quote:
I imagine the two boys, after running away from foster care, sleeping under old newspapers before they found the empty warehouse. He, Denny, reads some of the articles and starts to like Clark Kent's writing because of his old article on adopted kids looking for their real parents. . . That's as far as I can take it.

That's far enough for me. It shows a complete little picture on its own, especially because of what happens later. It was probably just his brother looking out for him but he also wears the suit jacket Clark gave to Jack in the alley. He wore it everywhere.

Quote:
Tempus is loving it wherever he is.

I can't begrudge him that. It is funny.

Kate

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/07/12 08:36 PM

Quote:
Rewatched the episode and realized Jimmy and Jack were supposed to die. Lex moved them specifically to the area not only to set up Jack but to have them close to the bomb and the fires. It would have worked if Superman wasn't in the building. smile
Lois should have been grieving in Lex's arms instead of worrying about Jack's lawyer or Jimmy's troubles.

Just noticed this in one of the early posts.
It still gets me how thorough Lex was when he was after something, but that's the way he lived his life, and he came so close to succeeding.
I was reading some of the Lois marries Luthor stories but I didn't agree with any of the ways the marriage went. (Big surprise.) The events were too dramatic and noticeable by outsiders. I don't mean the ones where Clark arrives in Metropolis later in the timeline, but the ones where he is there, the same park scene happens and there is no intervention by the police and Lois and Lex marry as planned. I was looking for anyone writing about Lex's wish for a large family and the Virtually Destroyed mention of four children they'd already named.
Haven't found any yet.

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/07/12 08:47 PM

Quote:
he also wears the suit jacket Clark gave to Jack in the alley.

All we know is what Nigel tells Lex. The boys were abandoned as small children and grew up in the system.
That could be a short story. Denny wants Jack to find Kent because of the story he wrote to see if he would help them, but Jack gets to the apartment, no one home, key in a ridiculously easy to find place, and he goes in and sees things he can sell for food. Denny might be annoyed at first, but he'd know Jack's first concern is always going to be taking care of him.
Email sent.

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/09/12 06:52 PM

Quote:
I was looking for anyone writing about Lex's wish for a large family and the Virtually Destroyed mention of four children they'd already named.
Haven't found any yet.

Maybe it's too disquieting that Lois was comfortable enough with him to talk about these things, yet she holds Clark at arms length right up until the wedding(s.) No using his last name, afraid of having kids, yet with Lex: four? Mrs. Luthor? No problem, Lex dear! I know you don't like that she was willing to have a real relationship with a man she didn't love, but not with a man she does love, but she was!

Kate

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/11/12 02:56 AM

Don't remind me.
I've gotten myself interested in comparing online scripts with what ends up on the screen. Some really interesting things are changed and dropped and this just from looking at one revision. Most scripts are changed multiple times.

In looking for non-soul mates stories I've found some that are strange in another way. Strange to me. Just my opinion. Lois accidentally gets pregnant by Clark and isn't at all interested in raising the child, and so he takes the child and raises him/her alone. I'm not sure what to make of them. The child grows up, goes looking for mom and that's when her interest in the child is ignited. Then Lois and Clark get together-- sometimes. Not always. Utopia is assured, apparently, just by a child being born, even if Lois never knows that Clark is Superman until the end. In those stories Lois appears to be expendable. As long as Clark and his parents raise the child, a mother isn't necessary.
Interested?

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/11/12 05:54 PM

Yes I would like to read one. It's a long held belief that all it takes is one loving, caring parent, either one, to raise a child. I'm curious how they live their lives.

Kate

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/12/12 02:38 AM

There is an interesting omission in each of the stories I read. I won't say anymore because I think you'll spot it.

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/14/12 08:39 PM

I'm part way through Too Soon For Love and wondering if the New Kryptonians are going to show up and force her hand?
I get the feeling this writer- IMO- doesn't really like Lois and Clark as a couple but darned if I can figure which one he doesn't like the most! Usually it's pretty easy to figure it out. In the Bosworth/Routh fic a lot of writers liked James Marsden better than either of them.

Kate

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/15/12 06:49 PM

Quote:
but darned if I can figure which one he doesn't like the most!

I think it's equal parts because he's written another story where the ending is anti-soul mates. It's one of those I mentioned a long time ago where I couldn't understand-- and I still don't-- why waste perfectly good time writing about this couple, who you don't like, when you can spend it writing about a couple, or other characters, you do like.
I like James Marsden better, too. I liked him in 27 Dresses too. I need to look for more of the SR fic.

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/16/12 04:17 PM

No New Kryptonians. What a pity but Lois is the more disliked character here so it couldn't happen. It might have put her in a good light. It's a very depressing story and I feel very sorry for that child. What issues to have to carry into a super powered future.
Added:
This is what I was thinking about way, way back when I mentioned being soul mates limits their lives and how they can live it. Neither one can be happy with anyone else and they live empty lives as a result.

Kate

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/16/12 09:34 PM

Divinity's End is a little better, not so harsh. I had to look and read a part of each story to remember how they go. You might as well read Faux Pas while you're at it since it's an influence for DE.
A while back we talked about how horrible Lois can be to Clark, the terrible things she can say to him and he still can't get her out of his mind and still be forgiven by one-track-mind Clark. She can be pretty bad.

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/17/12 03:21 PM

Just in regular revelation stories she can be 'pretty bad!'
Clark needs a breaking point! Why not?

Kate

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/18/12 02:49 AM

Yeah, good idea. He needs to reach a point where he says "that's it!" and makes her work to get back into his good graces instead of the other way around. If anybody called me the names or accused me of the things that come out of her mouth to Clark, I'd walk away and if they wanted to come back after that, darn right they'd have to work for it.
The list of ideas to send my RPG buddies just got one longer. Email sent: story idea, umpteenth.

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/18/12 03:03 PM

No kidding. As a human male and not an alien raised as a human, he has feelings that can be hurt and a temperament that can be pushed far enough to last a while, or until he got an acceptable apology.

Kate

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/18/12 10:21 PM

Do you mean being written as a human male? I can agree. He should have the same options as anyone else, including getting angry at Lois as she does at him. Still, it would be kind of jarring to see him stand up for himself after getting used to seeing him written so weak when it comes to her. Walking around with slumped shoulders and head hanging down, all listless and unhappy because Lois is mad at him for being Superman and refuses to talk to him or acknowledge his presence.
My writer friend thinks that was the purpose of Superman getting angry and threatening to renounce his citizenship. Fans and non-fans alike were aghast and hated it. He was ticked off and no one liked it. He wonders how far they'll take the 'modern angry young man' Superman because of the reaction.
Thinking of it that way, I'm not sure which I think is worse, a guy with slumped shoulders who can't take rejection or an angry guy who can fly off the handle and sting with his words. Of course that would put him on even ground with fanfic Lois and her angry mouth! LOL!

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/19/12 03:48 PM

That's true. The ease with which she accuses Clark of rape or seduction and getting him fired or forcing him to resign is amazing. And he slinks away!
The only thing in his defense against being so weak is that he hadn't quit his job yet when he and his parents were packing up his apartment during the booger era. He didn't run. He was leaving but he didn't run. This time he was more professional and he seems to have been planning to give some notice at the paper and say good-bye to his friends. It would have been painful for many reasons but I can't think of any other reason why he was taking his time and had his parents there helping. He could have been out of there in a blur and that would have been running.

Kate

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/20/12 12:28 AM

I've wondered about that, too. He wasn't exactly hightailing it out of there, but in fiction he does. Sometimes he gets angry first! Actually angry! Have you read one of those yet? He still takes her back too easily, but at least he vented a couple of times! I've read only one, a Friends crossover, where Lois goes looking for him after a while. It's fine, but I was never into Friends so I didn't get the jokes.
Usually Clark returns for one reason or another and things get sorted out, but most of the time he leaves and she misses him but life goes on. Until he comes back.

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/20/12 03:11 PM

Quote:
Sometimes he gets angry first! Actually angry! Have you read one of those yet?

Not yet. I did read one where Lois got so angry that he was Superman that she left town! Clark moped for a week and everyone at work felt sorry for him dragging himself to work with tears in his eyes. Then she called and his answering machine took the call because he couldn't find the energy to answer it himself and before she even hung up the phone at her end, Superman was standing in front of her! LOL! Like that wasn't going to reignite her anger.

Kate

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/21/12 02:33 AM

No brains when it comes to her, that boy. That's funny! But seriously, what would have happened if he ignored her phone call? She would have stormed back to find out why!
Gloria from the RPG finally sent me a link to the Cat Grant married to Scardino story: Catherine Scardino
Oh, just as I wrote that my screensaver changed to an LnC screen shot-- I can't think of the episode but it was the one where Lois was under the table disarming Mindy Church's bomb. Mindy's an out of focus pink blur in the background glaring at LnC.
Anyway, not bad (the story of Cat and Dan) but why is Clark jealous? And why did Perry give out their number? Perry is becoming such a disappointment in ff all of a sudden. wink

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/21/12 04:00 PM

No, Cat is still too good for him!

Do you want to know how out of the private lives of the actors I am? When that gossip post about Dean Cain's former girlfriend showed up I saw "Mindy has gone missing" and I thought of the actress who played Mindy Church! LOL! Then I read the post and it was someone totally different. And there I was trying to remember the name of the actress who played Mindy Church and why she might be missing. I would miserably flunk any Cain or Hatcher trivia.

Poor Clark is just doomed to be that insecure when it comes to Lois I guess. As I said before I've had too much RL experience dealing with the consequences of jealousy to see it as an attractive trait in a man or a woman but he dealt with it well. After the first pang he was able to put it aside for the sake of civility.
As for Perry- it made me laugh. Everyone likes to stir up trouble now and then, even surrogate dads who have no real ties to their surrogate daughters. I doubt it would occur to him to respond if she was his real daughter.

Kate, trying hard but vainly to shut up- but he obviously doesn't know just how far that booger went to win!!! (j/k)

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/21/12 10:02 PM

Come on! Tell Dan "no hard feelings!"

I still say Clark had no reason to react with jealousy. If he could date Lois at the same as she dated Dan and end up married to her he has no reason to be jealous of the other guy-- despite what we suspect of him. LOL!

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/22/12 06:19 PM

Not in this lifetime. I'll get over it eventually, but I'd rather bash him for now.
When Dan Scardino won a gold watch commendation he had it bronzed.
Dan Scardino thinks the two days of the week that start with T are today and tomorrow.

Kate, looking for other jokes to adapt.....

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/22/12 07:48 PM

Dan Scardino thought "your mother wears Army boots" was a compliment so he bought his mother some.
Dan Scardino can do the work of three men-- Larry, Moe and Curly
Dan Scardino thinks he's perfect. Someone called him a nobody and everyone knows nobody's perfect.

I can adapt jokes too.

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/23/12 01:18 AM

LOL! Oh boy!
I'm trying to think of a lightbulb joke but I can't come up with one.

Kate

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/23/12 05:02 AM

How many federal agents does it take to change a light bulb?
None. They're supposed to keep us in the dark about their investigations.
Or:
Two. One to change the bulb and one to plant the microphone.

(The second one is actually the answer to "How many KGB agents..." etc. A really old joke!)

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/23/12 03:02 PM

LOL! Yeah, planting bugs- that's booger all right.
KGB? What's that? (Just kidding, I know what it is. Not what it stands for but what it is. Oh well, at least you found a way to connect the car booger to them!)

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/24/12 05:58 AM

You really have it for that guy! Be prepared for him to pop up in quite a few stories. He's usually presented as nice guy, but I remember one where he wasn't so nice. There is also one where he and Lois are in a relationship and no happy ending for her and Clark. I'm looking for them.

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/26/12 07:19 PM

And what makes you think I'm interested? LOL! Actually I'd read the one where he is not so nice. Any other - well, just not interested.

Kate, expecting an avalanche of Dan stories all of a sudden

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/27/12 05:06 PM

For some reason, in the no happy ending story, she prefers another no love for him relationship with another man than a real, loving relationship with Clark. The "I can learn to love him" thing she had with Luthor. I love Clark but I don't want him is her motto.

P.S. Clark as lunkhead is showing up in a lot of new stories all of a sudden. I wonder if. . .nah.

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/28/12 02:31 PM

I see evidence of the motto in a lot of these stories. Of course that's the conflict needed and it's necessary but the degree to which she takes it is sometimes hard to believe. If anyone treated me like that...!

Kate

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/28/12 11:07 PM

Or if I treated anyone like that- accusing someone of rape, getting them fired, then remembering what really happened and not doing anything about it. Not that she needs to, Lois is never wrong, remember. She doesn't need a conscience with Clark because he forgives her so easily.
Poor guy. He's either his own worst enemy or the perfect man. I can't decide which. LOL! Why do they even want one another?!

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/29/12 04:10 PM

Fate is forcing them to love one another! That's the problem. I've solved it! (Joke)
Why does he want her you mean. She loves him but she doesn't want him- apt description. m/o
He needs to spin out of the suit into Clark's clothes, put the suit into her lovestruck hands and walk away. He has no reason to apologize for being Superman. He has no reason to apologize for being Clark.
The problem is Lois'. If she needs a pound of flesh after that she's not ready to be in love with anyone. JMO.

Kate

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/30/12 06:15 PM

I can't argue that but that's what their story is based on. LOL!
In the immortal words of Joss Whedon: "Urgh! Argh!"

That would be a scene to remember, though. She'd get angry and throw it around a while, call it every mean, nasty name she can think of and toss it in the trash.
Meanwhile, Martha is shaking her head and going, "Wait a minute! You did what?!"

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/30/12 09:25 PM

LOL! Martha's icebox moment!
Or: "What were you wearing when you left?!"
Rolling his eyes: "Yes, Mom. I flew away in my boxers."

Kate

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/31/12 03:09 AM

Rolling his eyes while blushing furiously.

"You gave her the one that fits too tightly around the hips, didn't you?"
"....No-o!"

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 01/31/12 05:43 PM

LOL!
"Don't try to lie to me, Clark Kent! How many times do I have to tell you, the cape covers everything?!"

Kate

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 02/01/12 02:26 AM

"Mo-om! It was the one with the bomb stain that never quite came out."
"Well...you won't be able to see the bomb stain on it after she gets through with it."

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 02/01/12 05:02 PM

Okay joke's over. Back to defending Clark, not making him whiny. We're the CDU after all.

Kate, thinking Lois will probably keep the "S" for a souvenir

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 02/02/12 02:30 AM

Destroy the suit, keep the S? Or stain it with chocolate and keep the S?
Sorry, can't let it go!
SUPERMAN PUZZLED!
Police Suspicious

Sanitation workers found the battered remnants of a
suit once belonging to Superman stuffed in a gutter
near the corner of Carter and Flynn Streets in
downtown Metropolis early this morning. It appeared
to have been torn with a knife, burned by microwaving,
shot by a pellet gun and pounded by both ends of a ball peen hammer.
Police suspect the person who destroyed the suit used
chocolate to hide what appears to be a bomb stain

(continued on page 7, column 1, just before the lottery results)

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 02/02/12 02:15 PM

You arghed it! Did she inspire a terrorism alert? DEFCON 5? LOL!

Kate

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 02/03/12 02:37 AM

We're working on it. We need to look up what the terrorism alerts are called now. I think they changed them, didn't they?

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 02/04/12 03:59 PM

Only Superman could have a bomb stain on his clothes and try to remove it.....

Kate

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 02/05/12 06:12 AM

SUPERMAN PUZZLED!
Police Suspicious

Sanitation workers found the battered remnants of a
suit once belonging to Superman stuffed in a gutter
near the corner of Carter and Flynn Streets in
downtown Metropolis early this morning. It appeared
to have been torn with a knife, burned by microwaving,
shot by a pellet gun and pounded by both ends of a ball
peen hammer.
Police suspect the person who destroyed the suit used
chocolate to hide what appears to be a bomb stain on
what remains of the front of the suit. The stylized “S”
emblem was missing, apparently ripped from the main
material of the uniform, which appears to be plain lycra
spandex of Earth origin, leaving bits and pieces of
nylon thread in the shape of the famous symbol.
The buckle of the belt at the waist of the savaged suit
took the most damage by the unknown abuser, having
been pounded into an irregularly shaped piece of thin
metal like a pork tenderloin between toasted slices of
wheat bread. Police spokesmen raised their eyebrows and
coughed into their fists when asked why this might have
been done.
Superman, himself, waved off comment to glare at the
police spokesmen- both of whom broke out in a heavy
sweat before turning and running away as fast as they
could.
Because of the savagery of the attack on the suit, it is
believed someone of extraordinary strength stole the item
from the apartment of Clark Kent, one of the better reporters
working for the Daily Planet newspaper and who has been
known to do Superman’s laundry, and proceeded to
destroy it by hand.
“The nylon thread,” said Inspector William Henderson of
the Metropolis Police Department, “could have been used
for deep sea fishing according to our investigators. Whoever
tore the Superman emblem from the front of the suit did so
in one fluid motion. Offhand, I would say only a certain
black-cowled vigilante from our sister city of Gotham
is the most likely culprit.” He paused. "Jealousy."
When told of this theory, Superman said, “While I respect
Inspector Henderson’s opinions, in this case I must disagree.
Gotham’s dark knight is actually a good friend of mine. I’m
afraid whoever did this is local.” He sighed and looked off
into the distance. “I’ve made many dangerous enemies here
in Metropolis, one of whom is more murderous than I
would have thought.” He made a “tsk-ing” sound and
flew away.
A call to the offices of Police Commissioner Gordon of
Gotham City elicited this statement: “Anyone’s guess is as
good as ours. We’re still reeling from our hero turning
out to be a bad guy. Stop calling us. We have nothing more
to say.”
“I would never say ‘I told you so,’” Inspector Henderson
said, “but I have a strong feeling about this. Whoever wants
the Big Guy dead is someone who doesn’t fear his strength.
I stand by my opinion.” He paused. "Jealousy."
This reporter agrees. Having seen the maliciously destroyed
suit, one can only warn the people of Metropolis to keep
alert. The next attack will not be confined to an empty suit. Jealousy.

Linda King

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 02/05/12 03:57 PM

Oh, a dark and ominous time is coming for Metropolis! Blame it on Batman! LOL! Poor guy, just because he had to go rogue for a while. He can't do anything right either. The curse of the super hero.

Kate

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 02/06/12 12:19 AM

They can save the world and keep civilization on track day after day but when it comes to their women, they can't do anything right. We were going to blame it on Wonder Woman but we thought that Henderson would probably be a fan of hers but not of Batman, who started out a crime fighter and had to go "bad" for a while, as you said.
Because fanfic Lois has such a temper and can say the most vitriolic and venomous things to Clark for being Superman, she would take her anger out on the suit after Clark leaves before she can start yelling.
Back when we were making up the Scardino Aargh, we did write a lot more stuff. We decided Clark was going to hate Lois' new short hairdo and suggest she get extensions until it grew back out! That, coupled with finding out he was Superman, she would launch into one of her nasty tirades and while she was calling him every scum-sucking name she could think of, she discovers she just has to say the word 'kryptonite' and Clark will fall to the floor in agony. But only when she's V(itriolic)&V(enomous) angry. Regular anger doesn't work, just V&V. She has to be above and beyond regular angry. Because Lois is his greatest weakness anyway, the word said in anger has more power to hurt him than physical kryptonite. (Saying it aloud causes him a fleeting pain but the angrier she is when saying it, the more deadly it is.)
Clark barely escaped, staggering away as she yelled the word over and over at him and throwing himself out her window. He finds his way to Jack and he and his brother take Clark to Alaska to recover in the land of the midnight sun! Hoping against hope that Jonathan and Martha will never tell anyone where they are. wink

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 02/06/12 04:03 PM

Of course, Martha knows Lois doesn't really mean it because she's just so hurt and confused and she would never really kill her boy with words, so she tells. Right?
LOL! That's another thing about fanfic. Martha always stands up for Lois against her son. A woman she has met only a few times and has seen at her worst each time, yet she just knows her son is the one in the wrong because deep down inside in a place only fictional women can see, Lois truly loves Clark.

Kate

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 02/07/12 01:24 AM

Probably. We left it at the boys and Clark renting a room with a sunward view so they can all sit in the sun and stay warm. Clark near unconsciousness and the brothers squabbling over whose bright idea it was to come to Alaska.

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 02/07/12 03:53 PM

Is that going to be put into a form to read like the SA? I had assumed the titles at the end of the SA were just a play on Star Wars.

Kate

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 02/08/12 01:22 AM

I don't know. I'll ask, but I think everything is still in chat room entries not in synopsis form and a lot of it is n or x rated because Linda and Molly won't give up easily!

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 02/08/12 03:50 PM

LOL! I forgot about Molly. So Clark made time with both of Lois' old college friends? No wonder she learns to kryptonite him with words! And that must be where Sarah's attempted use of words came from! That's fun!

Kate

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 02/09/12 01:01 AM

What is there is funny but very raunchy. I don't know if anyone's planning to make another Aargh type story out of it or not. I put the question out but no replies yet.

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 02/10/12 02:52 PM

How is the progress of our Sarah story going? How many of our ideas does Robert think are feasible for a story? So many of them just came from nowhere!

Kate

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 02/11/12 12:49 AM

I'll see if I can post a little bit this weekend. I think I mentioned Jack and Jimmy being in it. I'll see if he'll send me something dealing with them to post.
We put together a pretty good outline, I think. It won't be overly long but it will be a good read-- IMHO, of course.

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 02/12/12 03:57 PM

Anytime! That would be great. I don't care how little or how much.

Kate

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 02/14/12 12:37 AM

Stay tuned. I'm waiting for an email with a couple of scenes.

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 02/27/12 04:00 AM

Well, we finally got this settled after much argument. I did talk my RPG friend into giving us a small sampling of that story he started for us.
He was adamant about not wanting to give anything away so we chose this little bit to just let you see that he actually
does read our posts and knows what we were discussing a few weeks back. He's incorporating our ideas, many, into the story.
I've read a little more than this and I can't wait for it to be finished. There are a couple of big surprises based on our ideas.

Testimony

He was gone by the time Sarah Longley pushed her way through the milling spectators who were not in such a hurry to
leave the courtroom today. She had exchanged a glance with Jimmy Olsen at the beginning of the proceedings, seeing him at
the other side of the room when she rose at the entrance of the judge. She thought she saw a faint smile tug one corner
of his mouth as he gave her a nod before turning his attention back to the far wall of the courtroom where the judge sat looking over them.
The facts of the case against Claudine Perot were short but were being drawn out as attorneys from both sides of the aisle
fought their verbal battles before the bench.
After just a few minutes, Sarah stopped listening and opened the notebook she was carrying with her. She started reading
over her notes, looking up now and then to gauge the proceedings. She shook her head. She wasn’t sure why she, or Jimmy
Olsen, had to be present on the first day. It would be a while before they were called to testify. She supposed it was possible Claudine
would see all the witnesses who were to testify for the prosecution, lose all confidence and take a plea bargain to
save herself the ordeal of a long trial and a possible guilty verdict.
As she went back to reading her notes, Sarah wondered if that ever happened. Did felons really do that? Look at the jury assembled,
look at the witnesses called to testify and decide, “What the hell? I’ll cop a plea?”

“Lunch break, ninety minutes. I think the proceedings will go on pretty much the way it has been, Miss Longley.
Take the rest of the day off, but, uh, keep your beeper handy.”
Sarah jumped at the words spoken in her ear and she turned to see her attorney reaching for his briefcase on the floor and rising
from his seat as he spoke. She looked to her left and saw most of the spectators were leaving. Getting to her feet
she looked around her lawyer’s back and saw that Jimmy was gone, but she gave a quick glance at the door and she saw him
disappearing into the hallway outside.
She hurried behind the gallery crowd as fast as she could but in the hallway she saw Jimmy going down the stairs to the front lobby.
Getting through the milling crowd fast enough to run down the stairway and catch him would be impossible,
but if she remembered anything about him, it was his tastes in food: pizza or Chinese. She was likely to find him in the nearest place
to get one or the other. It was one p.m. and her stomach was growling.
Downstairs, she smiled at the security guard in the lobby. “Hi,” she said. “Which is closer, a good pizza or Chinese food?”
“Pizza, one block over, half a block west, other side of the street,” the guard replied and smiled, obviously not expecting that kind
of question from a young woman carrying a leather satchel instead of a purse.
“Thanks.”

The pizza place was all you can eat by the slice, fixed price with drink- salad bar and alcoholic drinks extra, but still closer
to reasonable than over priced. The variety of toppings was impressive and a quick lick of her fingers after selecting the first slice
revealed a spicy sauce beneath the cheese. Nice taste and the vegetables were in a salad bowl, where they belonged,
and not on the pizzas.
Olson spotted her as soon as Sarah came into the busy establishment and jumped to his feet and waved her to his table.
She loaded a plate and joined him. After a quick hug and exchange of pleasantries, they sat down and let small talk
about the trial fill in the spaces between mouthfuls of pizza and salad.
Sarah could tell soon enough that something about Olson was different; and it wasn’t long before she realized he was being polite.
Good manners, she thought. We used to be friends. We had an attraction to one another. We ended it by mutual
consent.
He was happy to see her, to catch up, but he was being polite, and she wondered what had happened since the
last time they’d seen each other. He was so friendly and outgoing then. What had made him so. . . so unlike the young
man she remembered?
“How are things at the newspaper?” she asked, sitting back and sipping at her soft drink. “Will Mr. White let you come in
to work this afternoon?”
Jimmy frowned. “Go to work? We have to get back to the trial when we’re done. Ninety minute recess.” He imitated
the judge’s voice and flashed a quick smile.
She raised her eyebrows. “Didn’t your lawyer tell you? We likely won’t be needed today. Mine told me to keep my beeper
on hand but it wouldn’t be necessary to go back.”
He shrugged and one corner of his mouth quirked. “I don’t have a lawyer. The DA’s office told me what to expect when we met
a couple of weeks ago, but that’s all. Haven’t talked to them since.” He took a drink of his 3.2 beer. It was getting warm.
“I have a card from one of the DP’s lawyers. The chief told me to call her if I needed help or had questions. I’m supposed
to beep her when they tell me I’m scheduled to testify.”
“Oh.” Sarah took a bite of the last slice of pizza on her plate, suddenly embarrassed to have a lawyer when Jimmy didn’t;
for assuming he would have one because she did; and for knowing full well it was her parents who could afford to hire one
for her.
Jimmy gulped the last of his beer and rubbed a napkin vigorously around his mouth. “Well, I don’t have a beeper or
anyone to call me if I did, so I guess I’ll just stick around the courthouse and see what happens.”
She looked up and smiled. “You want to hang out? If mine goes off we’ll know they need us all back in the gallery. We
can really catch up, you know?”
“Yeah, sure!” he said and his enthusiasm seemed to be genuine. “How about going to the park and walking off this meal? I
was planning to climb the steps at the courthouse a few times. I really can’t resist this place when I’m in the area. I like
the jalapenos in some of the sauces.”
“Good idea, and so do I. It’s different but really good. I don’t know how I missed it when I lived in town.”
“This place was new then. A friend of mine knows all the best places in town for any kind of food you can name. He found
this place a few months back.” He looked at his watch. “As a matter of fact, he has a baseball game starting at the
middle diamond at the park at two thirty. One of those father/son things. I was going to stop and see if it was still going after court.
You want to watch a while? The game’ll be starting by the time we get there.”
“Sure. I’d like to go to the park and get my mind off the case. I still dream about it sometimes. Do you?”
He finished his beer and grabbed some toothpicks from the little container on the table. “Yeah,” he answered. “Sometimes.”
They got up and made their way between the tables and out onto the sunny street.

“How’s the job, Jim? Still keeping you busy? What are they doing without you today?”
He shrugged. “They’re getting by. I spend a lot more time on photography these days. There are new researchers
in the newsroom, so I get out a lot more.”
“Really? I thought you liked being in the newsroom, learning the job. You don’t want to be a reporter anymore?” She
turned her head and looked at him closely as he walked beside her. He was working a toothpick with one hand. It wasn’t
her imagination. He was different. Not so quick to smile.
“Nah, it isn’t that. I still think I can do the job, and I really do want to get my chance at it,” he flashed a grin and
it showed in his voice, “and CK is still pushing me to keep trying, but. . .” he sobered again, “things aren’t the same. Not that it’s
bad to be taking pictures. All those Superman and Batman shots I grabbed just after Batman’s story broke really put me on the
map as a photographer. I was just lucky, you know, but now, at least, people know my name and I can sell my work easier.”
He looked around as they stopped and waited for the lights on the corner to change. “It helps to get away from the paper
once in a while. There’s no reason to hurry back. Not with the way things are.”
“Oh? I thought it was a pretty cool place to work. I kind of envied you. I mean, well, you know, the way you could go to
any department and people were glad to see you. The way you guys went out after work and met up at that little place
down the street to unwind. Don’t you still?”
“Sure, but I don’t mean that,” he said as they started walking again. “We still meet up with the sports guys and see who
knows college ball best, who knows football better, but CK doesn’t hang with us too much anymore. Things are kind
of. . .different at the Planet. Way different.”
“Oh. What’s happened to CK? To Kent, I mean? I know he’s still there. I mean, he broke the Batman story which was a
huge surprise to me. I thought Lois would get that one. Who was that Eduardo person who was his partner on that?”
Jimmy began chewing on the toothpick, putting his hands into his pockets and looking straight ahead as they walked along.
“He and Lois broke up, you know. I mean as partners. They weren’t ever a couple. We all thought they were, but
I guess they weren’t - hell, I think CK might have thought they were - but she decided she wanted to start seeing a guy she just met.
She told him she’d decided to start dating another guy right there in the newsroom and you better believe the gossip was the reason
no one missed a day of work for the next couple of weeks! I wasn’t there – that was when you and I were in the
hospital – but when the doctor cleared me to go back to work, that was all anyone was talking about. Lois and her new boyfriend. Remember that
government agent? Scardino? The one who started hanging around after the assistant DA was murdered?”
“Yeah,” Sarah said with a smile. “I remember him. Nice guy. More her type, if you ask me.” She added after a short pause, “No
offense, but Kent never struck me as the go for it type of guy that Lois needed. He’s the house in the burbs,
dinner at six, mow the lawn type. Not my idea of an exciting guy at all, and really not the kind of guy who can keep up with Lois.
It was pretty obvious.”
Jimmy was looking at her curiously. An unspoken Really? hanging between them.
When he didn’t say anything, Sarah felt emboldened to go on. “I always thought Lois was wasting herself with Kent. He
was holding her back, you know, riding her coat tails to the top. She found someone better suited to her, didn’t you say?”
She turned to him, still smiling.
He looked away quickly. “She and Scardino put on a good show and the newsroom ate it up. He showed up everyday
to take her to lunch, sent flowers when he was out of town, had little gifts delivered, too. The newsroom loved it. You know,
Lois Lane in love at last! It was a big deal.” He drew in a deep breath. “I felt bad for CK, but Mr. White and I were
probably the only ones. Clark didn’t stick around for long. After a few days, he took a couple weeks of vacation to get
away from it all. When he didn’t come back when he was supposed to be back, it wasn’t fun anymore. Everyone knew how CK felt
about Lois, and they started thinking maybe he quit and,” he shrugged, “no one wanted that.”
In spite of herself, Sarah was interested. “But, he’s still there. So what happened?”
He nodded, stopping for another light. “One morning, the chief called us all together for a meeting and told us Mrs. Kent,
CK’s mom, called and told him there had been a car accident in Kansas and Clark was badly hurt and he was going to gone a
while longer. He was in a coma.”

TBC...

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 02/27/12 03:35 PM

Wow! There are a couple of questions I'd like to know the answer to! That's what I was thinking Sara was like off screen when we were talking about her possible motives. I'm looking forward to more too!

Kate, coma, huh? Wondering how...why...

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 02/28/12 01:46 AM

And who did it! I haven't seen that detail.
Anyway, ending it there nmeans you have to come back to see where it leads. ;p
The story will be on the author's webpage, the only place he is going to post stories from now on. I'll post a link. He used to post his stories for Star Wars, Star Trek and Terminator in fan made archives (Efiction sites), but since Geocities and other places were taken down, a lot of fanfic sites and fan pages were lost and hundreds of stories. A lot of the founders/owners lost interest and just let them go when the sites were shut down.

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 02/29/12 03:04 PM

Yes, there are a lot of dead links out there and they usually lead to places like Geocities or AOL's old web pages where stories used to be. It IS a pity that so many stories are gone now.

Kate

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 03/01/12 02:01 AM

Do you remember 'Sailor Moon?' I used to read fanfic for that a long time ago but now I can't find any of the sites I had bookmarked. I learned a lot of Japanese from watching that show with captions. Then my sister said "What if the translations are wrong?"
Blew that accomplishment away!

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 03/01/12 02:08 PM

LOL! No. I've heard of it but I haven't watched it. I did watch 'Cowboy Bebop' because it reminded me of 'Firefly' but I never thought to look for fanfic about it. Maybe I'll do that. I never thought of the translations being wrong!

Kate

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 03/02/12 01:13 AM

They weren't. I doubt if Cartoon Network would have run them if they were wrong.There is fanfic for Cowboy Bebop, the Last Airbender and other manga cartoons. I never got interested in them, though. I DID have favorite authors of Sailor Moon ff, but as I said, dead links.

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 03/02/12 03:08 PM

Oh. A sister thing. My sister was an L&C fan too but she hasn't come back to it like I have. I think my mom is since I've been bringing it up now and then. Maybe now we can discuss the 'adult' aspects she almost made us stop watching back in the 90s! I'm glad she didn't. It's been nice and fun rediscovering the show with an adult point of view.

Kate

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 03/03/12 02:22 AM

I watched it on tape off and on for years. I didn't get the DVDs until just a few years ago. I watched the first season over one weekend, nearly nonstop!
If I could write, I would certainly try.

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 03/03/12 05:22 PM

Well we were born with icebox moment syndrome. Our fate was sealed long ago. Too chicken to comment on a man's performance in bed but mean enough to comment on stories as if we weren't chickens in other areas.
Let's see how good or bad we are. ;D
Are you up for trying right here in the open? I mean we already know it won't make sense as a story since neither of us can craft a story but we can try to write something and let others take shots at us.

Kate

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 03/03/12 09:01 PM

I'm an RPGer, Kate! Are you ready for it? I don't mind.
What would you suggest for a subject? Something simple at first and get more into it as time goes on?

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 03/04/12 04:19 PM

Simple! Easy! You have the experience. What would you suggest?

Kate, readying the deflector shields

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 03/05/12 02:17 AM

Had a chat with the guys, and Luke and Han suggested trying dialogue. Most people who join RPGs for the first time use dialogue in their posts until they feel confident enough to write long descriptions. That's true. I did.
You've read some of the scripts? If not take a look at them. That's pretty much what my first posts in the RPG were like. If you really want to do this, I'll start it off.
I'm thinking one of the things that really bugs me about some stories is that Clark lets Lois off too easily. She berates him,tells him she never wants to see him again. He spends several days walking around with tears in his eyes, thinking his world has come to an end and then she calls and he's there forgiving her instantly and taking her back without reservation.
He needs to stand up to her! That's what I think should be our subject.
Think about it and let me know what you decide.

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 10/31/12 04:31 PM

Since we never finished this attepmt, do you object if I send it to my friend to finish it?
it reads like an RPG segment or a never ending story!

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 10/31/12 06:01 PM

Yes. Let him see what he can do with it. I guess we both found out what our limits are. I did. Looking forward to see how it turns out.

Re: End of Season 1 Question - 11/02/12 05:16 AM

If anyone can make sense of it, he can.