Lane Davies on IRC!

Posted by: Riley

Lane Davies on IRC! - 05/22/11 08:07 PM

How many of you would like the opportunity to talk to Lane Davies ("Tempus") on IRC?

As many of you know, Lane is one of the driving forces behind the Tennessee Shakespeare Festival in Bell Buckle, Tennessee. Some of us have gone to the plays and can attest that they are fabulous. Lane puts his heart and soul into making the plays the best they can be and has also generously met with several FoLCs after the plays.

Now he needs our help. In an e-mail to friends and fans, he wrote:

The Tennessee Shakespeare Festival is at a critical juncture. Between last year's flood, this year's tornadoes, and an economy that seems mired in molasses, fund-raising for the festival has been more than challenging.

This year, I'm making a personal plea to the LD.com family to support this year's festival in any amount you can--$5 buys paint, $25 gets a costume, $100 pays an apprentice salary for a week (believe it or not--and I exploit them like 3rd World sweatshop workers, too.) $500 pays an Equity actor's salary, per diem, pension, health and welfare for a week.

Anyone donating will get a recent autographed 8x10 of me (actually taken within the last year!), and my eternal gratitude. Anyone donating $500 gets lunch at the Cracker Barrel with me, this summer or in the future. (Group donations count, but please have one designated donor.)

So please help if you can--as you all know, this festival is a dream near and dear to my heart. I'm hoping we can all look back in a few years and say, "Look what we did!"

Visit http://tennesseeshakespearefestival.com and click "donate".

Love to all,
Lane

I have been in touch with Lane and he said he'd be happy to come on IRC. clap In return for his time and generosity, it would be a huge thank-you to him if the L & C Community would come together and donate a total of $300.00 to the TSF. Every little bit is appreciated. As stated in the e-mail, even $5 goes towards the play AND you get the bragging rights of having an autographed photo!

Once you have sent in your donation, please send me a private message with your name and donation amount. I'll keep track of everyone's participation on behalf of the L & C community. Once we reach/exceed/come dang close to our goal, I'll contact Lane again and set up the date and time for the chat.

Thanks to everyone and let's get Lane online!
Posted by: zoomway

Re: Lane Davies on IRC! - 05/23/11 12:01 AM

That's great news about the IRC visit, Riley. Took me a minute to realize your avatar was Lane Davis ... I think biggrin I made this topic "sticky" so it will always stay at the top. I'm sure L&C fans will be generous.

Thanks for posting thumbsup

Zoom

Re: Lane Davies on IRC! - 06/09/11 01:32 AM

I'm going to shamelessly beg right now but hey, it's for a good cause.

In our quest to raise $300 and get Lane Davies on IRC, here's where we stand:

WE ONLY NEED TEN DOLLARS ($10) TO REACH OUR GOAL!! That's it!! Ten measly dollars and Lane will join us in #lanekent to talk about what it was like working with Dean and Teri and answer any other questions you want to throw at him. So...who's going to step up to the plate and help out?

Those who have met him know Lane is a very gracious, kind, and funny gentleman with a wicked sense of humor. I'm sure he will have some interesting stories to tell about his time on L & C.

So please -- make your donation and let me know via PM how much you sent. Chris or I will contact him and let him know the FoLCs came through and when can we expect him on IRC?

Re: Lane Davies on IRC! - 06/19/11 04:09 PM

We reached our goal!

Many, many, MANY thanks to everyone who contributed!

For those of you who didn't, or wanted more time, we are still accepting donations (subtle hint!).

Chris will be in touch with Lane to set up the chat. Keep watching for the date and time.

If you don't know how to get onto IRC, the directions are in the "Techie How To" folder.

Re: Lane Davies on IRC! - 06/25/11 10:42 PM

Thanks, Riley, you've done a great job with this. I've been working on web pages and haven't been to the board lately except looking for rule infractions so my sidekick can take a break. But I wanted to thank you for what you've done and thank Lane Davies for being such a darn nice guy wink

Zoom
Posted by: ChrisP

Re: Lane Davies on IRC! - 07/12/11 12:01 AM

We should know shortly what day Lane will be doing the chat. I'm just waiting to hear from him what day would work best for him smile

Chris
Posted by: newtruefan

Re: Lane Davies on IRC! - 07/15/11 01:27 AM

Great! Can't wait!

Re: Lane Davies on IRC! - 07/15/11 01:29 AM

Is it too late to donate?

Re: Lane Davies on IRC! - 07/16/11 12:48 AM

Let me answer for Chris here and hope she doesn't mind. I believe Riley said that donations can still be made. And you can always click on Riley's nick and choose "send PM" from the drop down menu and ask her personally since I'm not 100% sure smile

Zoom

Re: Lane Davies on IRC! - 07/16/11 01:14 AM

When we were at the play last weekend, Lane was still asking for donations. I imagine fund-raising goes on all year long.

You can either go to the website (http://tennesseeshakespearefestival.com) and click the "donate" button or you can send money to the Tennessee Shakespeare Festival, P.O. Box 352, Bell Buckle, TN.

Riley

Re: Lane Davies on IRC! - 07/16/11 06:18 AM

Easy to donate; they even take Amex.

Re: Lane Davies on IRC! - 07/25/11 09:21 PM

Okay, we have a date and time!!! The chat will take place on Saturday, July 30th in #lanekent at 8PM ET/5PM PT. Please send any questions you have for Lane to me at cp13607@aol.com

Chris
Posted by: Laurach

Re: Lane Davies on IRC! - 07/27/11 02:12 AM

Nice job Chris! Laura
Posted by: jackiek

Re: Lane Davies on IRC! - 07/27/11 12:52 PM

Great! Thanks!

Re: Lane Davies on IRC! - 07/28/11 09:34 PM

Attention!!! The time for the chat is now 9PM ET/6PM PT. I was under the impression Lane was in ET, but turns out he is in CT. We will be there early anyway if anyone wants to come in then.

Chris
Posted by: stillwondering

Re: Lane Davies on IRC! - 06/07/14 05:33 PM

UGH, three years late! Lol.