Very sad news about Zoom :(

Posted by: widget

Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/09/14 04:37 AM

I'm afraid we received the sad news a little while ago that our beloved "Boss of Us" and fearless leader, Zoomway, passed away today after a long battle with cancer. frown

I'm at a loss for words right now, except to say rest in peace, my super friend.
Posted by: Riley

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/09/14 04:54 AM

I am grieving at our loss. frown
Posted by: Deadly Chakram

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/09/14 04:56 AM

Rest in peace, Zoom. You are already so missed.
Posted by: ChrisP

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/09/14 05:10 AM

I don't know what to say. Zoom has been my friend for almost 20 years. frown It just doesn't feel real. RIP zoom. I hope you find lots of Superman fans in heaven wink

Chris
Posted by: Supermom

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/09/14 05:37 AM

Another FoLC just emailed me about this. I'm so sorry to hear of her death. May she rest in peace.
Posted by: groobie

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/09/14 07:10 AM

Zoomway is almost synonymous with the term FOLC - what a devastating loss.
Posted by: SJH

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/09/14 10:01 AM

Rest in peace.
Posted by: jenni debb

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/09/14 12:41 PM

I heard the news this morning and felt shell shocked. Zoom's been the heart and soul of this folcdom forever and it doesn't seem right that she's no longer there.

RIP Zoom.
Posted by: Jane

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/09/14 01:34 PM

There are no words to adequately describe my sadness. As others have said, Zoom is synonymous with FOLCdom and it's hard to imagine one without the other. My condolences to her family and FOLCs.
Posted by: BevK

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/09/14 02:00 PM

What a sad loss. My condolences to her family and friends. It's hard to know what to say.
Posted by: deans-superchic

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/09/14 02:53 PM

As others have said, such a sad loss. May she RIP. Sending condolences to her family and friends. FoLCdom will continue on but will never be the same.
Posted by: LMA

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/09/14 03:20 PM

So sad to hear the news. What an unbelievable loss. Many thoughts and prayers to her family. I've always been such a fan of her writing, so amazed by her knowledge of the show and Superman, and so thankful to her for giving this fandom a 'voice'. She will be greatly missed...

Laura
Posted by: CCMalo

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/09/14 03:37 PM

This is a huge shock..

Zoom’s stories were among my favourites back in the beginning, and I will always be grateful for the pleasure this mbs gave me (her very nice sense of humour!) and the friends I found here. She encouraged me when I was writing as I’m sure she did with other writers too. She made such a big difference to so many of us.
Posted by: KateW

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/09/14 03:54 PM

What sad news to hear. My condolences to her family and friends. I'm sorry for your loss. It affects us all.

KateW
Posted by: Leuch

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/09/14 03:57 PM

I'm very sad to hear this news. Zoom and I never met, but we chatted on countless evenings on IRC. She was always so level-headed and knowledgeable. Her write-ups on these message boards were always wonderful, and even though it's been years since I've been active in the fandom, I'd still pop by here periodically to see if she had anything new. RIP Zoom - you will be missed.
Posted by: Artemis

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/09/14 04:33 PM

Such sad and unexpected (for me) news. I had no idea she was battling cancer, that was the kind of wonderful woman she was.
As all have said, she was clever, insightful, gracious and tech savvy. And ever helpful. Do we have someone to be the new "Boss of Us" and carry on? This site and her others should be her legacy.
Start a Folcsite in heaven, Zoom!
regards
Artemis
Posted by: In4Adventure

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/09/14 05:58 PM

What sad news to wake up to today. We lost a leader, a FoLC, a friend. Zoom was such a knowledgeable, kind, funny, and witty person. Without her and the message boards I would have never met so many great people that I call my friends. I will be forever greatful for this playground she created for us and am glad she is no longer in pain.
We will all miss you dearly Zoom. Thank you and God bless. Please say hello to Anita for me. At least now you can continue your epic discussions. smile
Love always,
Tascha
Posted by: Darth Michael

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/09/14 09:01 PM

This is very sad news indeed. I only knew Zoom from the way she orchestrated these boards and the stories I read when I first joined FoLC-dom. My thoughts are with those who had the privilege to do more than play in her playground.

Bye, Zoom. You will be missed!
Michael
Posted by: Quel Lane

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/09/14 09:02 PM

This is such sad news frown I haven't posted on the boards in forever but always try and keep an eye on everything from time to time. I'm just so upset by this. I have always loved Zoom's humor and her posts were always entertaining. Without her and this boards I wouldn't have met my husband and so many wonderful people that I have called my friends through the years. What a terrible loss for us all. Zoom will be missed for sure. R.I.P. Zoom! Hope you find some FoLCs up there to keep you company.

Raquel (who is having a really hard time with this news frown )
Posted by: PMC12

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/09/14 11:47 PM

I didn't know Zoom at all except from her posts here which were so knowlegdable and often humorous.
My sympathies to all of you who knew her and to her family and friends.
Posted by: Deb

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/10/14 05:11 AM

Wow. I am so sorry and sad to hear this. Most of you have very eloquently expressed my feelings about the loss of our dear Zoom.

RIP Zoom, we won't be the same without you...

My condolences to Mr. Zoom and the rest of the family
Posted by: Cristy C

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/10/14 09:07 AM

So sad to hear this.
Rest in peace dear Zoom, you will be missed.
Posted by: Susanna

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/10/14 03:44 PM

What a terrible loss. My thoughts are with her loved ones, especially Mr. Zoomway.
Posted by: Aerm1

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/10/14 06:33 PM

I just heard the news. I am stunned and saddened. My thoughts and prayers are with Zoom's family and friends. Rest in peace, Zoom.
Posted by: Ximemia

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/10/14 10:41 PM

Since hearing on Saturday, I have been struggling with what to say. I am no writer, that was Zoomway's forte. Her style and wit was always so her. Whether in a fanfic, in a post, or just on IRC, Zoom always made me laugh.

Condolences to Mr Zoom, her sister and her nephew. Regretfully I say:

"Bye to Zoom"

Xi
Posted by: NRLCambridgeON

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/11/14 10:54 AM

I just wanted to say Zoom was super friendly whenever I chatted to her and just want to say Thanks for creating this online community for us. Her heart and soul went into this project and it's now up to us to keep it going. My deepest condolences to her family and close friends who knew her way better than I did. She will certainly be missed frown
Posted by: Ultra Woman

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/11/14 12:18 PM

I don't know what to say. So sorry to hear this. I've been on this board for over a decade and Zoom has always been there, with her witty and humorous comments. Her episodes reviews for L&C and Smallville were always entertaining and insightful. It's hard to think about this boards and imagine she won't be there anymore. She gave all of us, L&C fans, a place to feel at home and make new friends. I'll be forever grateful for her hard work keeping this boards running smoothly for so many years. I have never met her, but I feel like I lost a dear friend. Too sad for words. Rest in peace, Zoom. You will be truly missed.

Andreia
Posted by: MoesyL

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/11/14 06:10 PM

My condolences to Zoom's loved ones. She will be greatly missed. Zoom's wonderful way with words and her sharing of her depth of information/knowledge about L&C opened up a new world for me back in the mid-1990s when I was first discovering the internet. It's always been a treat to interact with her on IRC and have the benefit of her great sense of humor. This is a sad time for folcdom.

RIP Zoom
Posted by: Artemis

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/12/14 05:15 PM

I just realized that part of Zoomway's legacy is this sad but wonderful thread. There are good friends here that haven't posted here in a while - including me- and it is wonderful to "hear" from you all. This really is part of her legacy. May it go on.
Remember the wonderful FOLC get togethers founded by Chris where we partied and talked until dawn. That was her inspiration too.
So sorry I can't make the get together on IRC.
regards to all
Artemis
Posted by: MRlovesDC

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/13/14 05:05 AM

I have not been to the boards lately, no time, however, another friend just emailed about Zoomway. Just so sad, I am so sorry to hear this. My prayers will go up for her family. She will definitely be missed.
Posted by: Lote

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/15/14 12:24 AM

I heard on last Sunday but has not had a chance to come in before. It was a shocking news as I have not heard about her battle with cancer.

She has been a constant presence in LnC Folc world that it is difficult to imagine one without her. My condolences to her family and loved ones.

Like someone said above, I hope these boards will carry on as part of her legacy. RIP Zoom.

Lote
Posted by: cafeameric

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/20/14 03:50 PM

I haven't been to the boards in quite a while, but Donna emailed me the sad news about Zoom last week. I'm at a loss for words (which Zoom never was) This fandom was a wonderful gift from her to the rest of us. She was one of the kindest people I ever met, and she always had time to answer questions about the show or the comics or the superman mythos, or to help with techie issues. My condolences to Mr. Zoom and the rest of her family; she'll be greatly missed by all of us.

Cafeameric (Pat)
Posted by: nle

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/22/14 09:10 PM

I, too, am one from "the old days" who only looks in here now and then. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of Zoom as she always was a major force in FOLCdom -- except on "family movie night." My wholehearted condolences go out to Mr. Zoom, the family and the L&C community.

nle (Naomi)

And it's still the wrong icon.
Posted by: ankur

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/28/14 03:56 PM

Hello Everyone, I am very new here and its the first time that i am posting anything at all. I do not know any of you here. But i've read these boards and the fanfic archive religiously for some time now. I have loved your stories, your fics and your replies. I did not know Zoomway, but I feel pained somewhere deep inside of me, to think that she, someone so vivacious and dynamic, has been taken away from her loved ones and everyone here; those of you who have known her for ages and those like me who will never know her but only of her. May God rest her soul in peace and my sincere condolences to you all and to everyone whose life was touched by Zoomway. Much love, Ankur, India
Posted by: KateW

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/30/14 04:34 PM

What a lovely first post. I hope Zoom's family in real life reads this thread. That was well put.

Kate, who wishes she had been so eloquent
Posted by: Judy Jetson

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 12/06/14 08:00 PM

I know I'm late, but I just wanted to convey my sadness too and my sympathy to Zoom's family. I've been on the boards forever. I never met Zoom in person, but I did know that she had been batteling cancer for some time. Her legacy will live on on, in this message board and in the friendships and bonds that people have made here. I'm so grateful to Zoom for all the friendships that I've made and for all the talented people on this board who post pictures and videos and interviews of Dean that I would have never seen if t hadn't been for this wonderful message board that Zoom started. I hope Zoomway is looking down from heaven and knows how much she will be missed and that her legacy will live on.
Posted by: CKgroupie

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 12/29/14 09:48 AM

I've heard about Zoom's death on facebook. I'm so sad, she was an extraordinary person and I will always remember her wonderful humor. She was already a legend when I joined the fandom and I do remember very well the first time I came to IRC and saw the nick "Zoomway" on my screen. I nearly squealed!
RIP dear Zoom, you will certainly not be forgotten and we will treasure our fond memories of the time we had with you.
Posted by: The Question

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 12/30/14 01:03 PM

I'm very sad to hear this. I only knew her from her post but still its like hearing a giant is gone. Just was watching some old episodes and decided to check the forum since I haven't been here in a while. May she RIP Prayers go out to her and her family and friends.
Posted by: toke

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 01/05/15 04:17 AM

I did not know her but I have a clue how devoted she was to this board and other projects concerning Lois and Clark.

The "Net" has lost a great one!

RIP,Zoom.
Posted by: Laurach

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 01/19/15 06:25 PM

I just heard word from her husband. I had no idea, we were keeping in touch via e mail about our treatments etc. I am going through a similar thing. I pray the Lord has her soul and she is flying around up there in bliss. I pray her family has His comfort and peace on them. I will keep her loved ones in prayer. God bless you Zoom. You were a great person and I will miss your humor and your ability to run these boards with such passion and grace.

Laura
Posted by: Laurach

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 01/19/15 06:36 PM

He Naomi, it is Laura. How are you doing. I am retired and batteling cancer myself but doing OK. My son is 10 now. hope to hear from you. god bless. Laura (Laurie)
Posted by: emmyrose

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 02/26/15 04:31 AM

Hi everyone. It's been many years...wow. I'm "emmyrose" from the loiscla IRC and oftentimes "badfickr" and otherwise just Tanya. I just read about Zoom on a The Mentalist tumblr page and I'm floored. I feel like it's a testament to what an impact she had on so many and how it is still felt no matter how long the absence. I miss those days. I miss you all. I miss Zoom.

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 02/27/15 03:17 AM

Hi Tanya, glad to hear from you. We all miss zoom very much, but we still IRC and are even still watching an ep together every Saturday. Come see us. That bad nfic lives in infamy. I don't think I ever laughed so hard in my whole life. lol

Chris
Posted by: Nan

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 02/27/15 03:24 AM

Zoom's passing was the end of an era for me. It was on her boards that I first had the nerve to post anything I had written, although I had been writing privately for years.

I have had writer's block for several months, and have only recently been making real efforts to overcome it. Part of the reason was hearing about her death. It jarred me out of my passive waiting for the block to pass. Zoom didn't wait for anything, from what I knew of her. She created her website as the ultimate authority on all things Superman and became a real expert on the subject. I had had no idea of the battle that she was waging against cancer.

I will miss her. The fandom lost something real and vital with her. It is up to the rest of us to carry on in her place. I think she would be disappointed if we didn't make the effort.

In the words of Clark Kent: "Sometimes you think you're immortal, and you start to think the people around you are, too. It can just take a second to realize how wrong you are about everything."

Our time is limited. We owe it to ourselves to make the most of what we have, for however long that is.

I'm going to start writing again, no matter how difficult. I had my wake up call first with my sister and now with Zoom.

And I will miss her, I think more than even I realize right now.
Posted by: Diti

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 03/29/15 11:22 PM

Zoom's passing was so terrible. I hadn't been on the board very long but had written to her once to ask a question & she responded immediately. I didn't know she was ill until her untimely passing. May her memory be eternal.

Diti
Posted by: LoisLane

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 04/23/15 06:09 PM

RIP, Zoom frown frown
Posted by: Ray

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 04/23/15 06:45 PM

I'm obviously coming to this notice VERY late but I would also like to express my deep sadness at the passing of Zoomway. She was great to me, helping me way back when, early 1990's, when I was a raw internet user and had just found her site. Her stories were some of the first I read and enjoyed though I quickly found others through her site and recommendations. The fandom has lost one of the great ladies of Superman fanfic and she will be sorely missed.
Ray
Posted by: Debby

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 05/03/15 01:57 PM

I'm very late visiting the boards, too, and only to find this very sad news... however, I know Zoom had a lot of fun delving into fandom, promoting Superman out of her long love of the character, and so I hope she gets to choose many worlds to visit now and see what's really behind the scenes -- and do a little tweaking here and there (DC comics needs it desperately...).
Posted by: Lois&Clark2014

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 05/14/15 03:06 PM

I have written with her a few times and she helped me cope find here. She was the reason why I wrote the Lynn & George Story "The Story of Life you". I very much regret that you will never read this! frown

Thank you for everything you've created !!!

R.I.P Zoomway
Posted by: AdoreLoisClark

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/03/15 01:30 AM

I didn't know Zoom beyond this site, but I love her writing and her passion for Superman. I don't have accurate words to express how grateful I am for this community. Many things shift and change as we move through our experiences, but "Lois & Clark The New Adventures Of Superman" captured such a place in my heart, It's indescribable really. Like family, but even that doesn't seem strong enough of a word. It runs even deeper. Zoom gave us a place to come and share with those who understand how much these stories mean, the inner child that comes out to play, anytime Lois, Clark, and Superman are revisited.

This show and fandom truly have my heart forever.

I believe the essence of the soul is eternal, that we are eternal beings, and love doesn't end when we exit in form, so thank you Zoom for everything. I know you are smiling.

Love & Blessings Always
Posted by: jaroslaw

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 11/13/15 03:04 AM

It is surprising to me how I accidentally came to this site originally and just randomly came here today and it is one year anniversary of the death of Zoom. I was on here a lot years ago when L & C was live on TV and it was a long time ago. I don't have any specific memories I just know she was very kind to me whenever we corresponded. And like everyone, loved her reviews and analyses. I could never ever figure out how a silly show like Smallville outlasted such greatness as L & C but apparently a larger part of the public doesn't appreciate a complex show like L & C. Anyway, I went to a few Fanfests in LA which I never would have done without running into this blog and will be forever grateful to Zoom for that. Rest in Peace and thank you so much.
Posted by: Clark Forever

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 01/14/16 05:51 PM

I have not been here in a while and I was saddened to hear about the loss of Zoom. Thank you everyone for keeping this board alive.
Posted by: Loisiana

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 02/08/16 02:42 AM

I am heartbroken to so belatedly read this news.

My first time ever on the internet was the year after L&C was canceled. I was still in full obsession mode, and my very first thing to do when logging in was search "Lois & Clark." I was thrilled beyond belief to find that there were other people in the world as engaged with this show as I was. I quickly became involved with the online FoLC community, and found out Zoomway wasn't just another fan there. She was a legend.

Over the years I lost touch with the online community, although Lois & Clark will always hold a special place in my heart as my all time favorite tv show. At times my thoughts would even turn to Zoom, and how much I admired her. Despite my lack of contact over the years, my head, not to mention my heart, is having trouble wrapping around this great loss.
Posted by: FarahC

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 04/08/16 04:00 AM

I haven't been on in YEARS and no one likely posts here much, however, Zoomway, I *knew* you online. I miss you. Always.
Posted by: Afra-

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 05/20/16 06:57 PM

It's sad to read this news(i know i'm very late with these words,but have not been here in years,sorry)RIP Zoomway.
Posted by: Bobert

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 07/12/16 05:19 AM

I'm in absolute disbelief upon hearing this news. My condolences to her family, friends, loved ones, and FOLCS every where. We lost someone very special but her legacy will carry on through each one of us.

I remember when I first re-discovered L&C in the early 2000's. I loved the show so much and wanted to find a way to continue discussing it. I discovered Zoom's site, her pictorial essays, and this forum. I was instantly hooked. Over the years, this is one of the few sites that I'll check in on periodically, and am deeply sadden to have to come back to this news.

Thank you Zoom, for everything. For giving us this wonderful forum for us to continue to re-live Lois and Clark. Thank you, for taking me in at a time when I was left scouring the internet, hoping to find some way to keep this show alive. Thank you for the priceless write ups, in depth episode analysis, and general wisdom you've bestowed upon us on these forums. You will be missed dearly.

RIP Zoom - one of the original and best to call herself a FOLC.

-Bobert.
Posted by: em

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 09/26/16 08:46 PM

I was a long time fan of L&C and Zoomway. Back in 1994 when it all started, she was the fearless leader of FoLCs. I never got a chance to hang out at LAFFs or be very active on boards like the others but I read most of the posts here. Today for some reason, I miss L&C and came back to the board just browsing. I know it will be 2 years in a few months but I'm really shocked and saddened by her passing! May you rest in peace Zoom! Fly high and watch over us FoLCs like you used to. frown

em
Posted by: sstretch68

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 12/07/16 02:14 PM

Sorry to hear this, RIP to ZOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's keep this site rolling for her.
Posted by: mr_d8a

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 12/31/16 08:28 PM

So sorry to find this out. She was a great on-line friend.

James
Posted by: JoMarie

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 02/06/17 04:57 PM

I haven't been on here in quite some time, and just heard the news. I was so sad to hear about her passing. Rest in peace, there will never be another like Zoom.
Posted by: BevvUK

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 03/15/17 10:28 PM

I used to post here years ago, probably under various versions of my name Bev (I'm in the UK). Used to love chatting to Zoom, ChrisP and so many others on IIRC. So sorry to hear of Zoom's passing. I took a long break from the internet due to family/personal health issues. I too was cursed with a cancer diagnosis, and so was my husband and son a year after my treatment ended. We're all still here, but hell It's a frigging brutal disease and it's like no other mind attack going. Not sure what made me search for this board again tonight, but glad I did, and found it and seen so many names that I remember from the past. Not sure if anyone'll remember me, but glad to reconnect.
Posted by: sstretch68

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 03/21/17 11:04 PM

So sorry to hear this. RIP. REST IN PARADISE.

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 03/23/17 01:10 AM

Nice to see you again Bev. smile Sorry you and your family have been through so much. frown I haven't had cancer but I do have COPD and have been in and out of the hospital a lot since Christmas. IRC is still there but sadly diminished. I haven't been feeling up to going on there much lately but maybe I'll feel better and go back soon.

Chris

PS I was shocked to hear about the attack on innocent people in London today. I remember being almost in that very spot back in the 80s.
Posted by: 767

Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( - 03/24/17 02:17 AM

I am literally a one day subscriber to this site and I had no idea that Zoomway had passed. Because I didn't know, I sent a private message to Zoomway's inbox this morning.
I am very sorry.