FDK Kiss and Run

Posted by: mozartmaid

FDK Kiss and Run - 03/11/12 09:26 PM

Please let me know what you think! Especially if you want more Smallville stories! cool

Thanks smile

Re: FDK Kiss and Run - 03/31/12 09:43 AM

I don't think I'll post any more stories on this site. Getting feedback here is like pulling teeth. Not a friendly environment for writers... Fanfic is fun to read and write -- but the reward comes from feedback. I see that people are reading my stories, but hardly anyone drops a line. If you want to read anything else from me, then please speak up. Otherwise, I'll go elsewhere.
Posted by: KenJ

Re: FDK Kiss and Run - 04/01/12 06:52 PM

Hi Mozartmaid,

I just finished reading Kiss and Run and I think that your characterizations were spot on. thumbsup

This was a nice twist on canon. boogie

I have been having the same problem with my Matchmaker series. Very little to no feedback on this site. frown

I don't know if the readers on this site are confused or what, but I get more reads on the FDK post than the story post and no feedback. dizzy

As I am sure you are aware LCFicmbs is trying to decide if additional forums, to include Smallville will be added. I would suggest continuing to post here but as soon as the other site has the forum up and running, start posting there as well. goofy

It won't hurt and will only take a little additional time to dual post. biggrin

Re: FDK Kiss and Run - 04/01/12 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By: KenJ
Hi Mozartmaid,

I just finished reading Kiss and Run and I think that your characterizations were spot on. thumbsup

This was a nice twist on canon. boogie

I have been having the same problem with my Matchmaker series. Very little to no feedback on this site. frown

I don't know if the readers on this site are confused or what, but I get more reads on the FDK post than the story post and no feedback. dizzy

As I am sure you are aware LCFicmbs is trying to decide if additional forums, to include Smallville will be added. I would suggest continuing to post here but as soon as the other site has the forum up and running, start posting there as well. goofy

It won't hurt and will only take a little additional time to dual post. biggrin

Thanks for your reply. Glad I don't feel alone on this. Yes, I knew that about the LCmbs site. That site has always been great for feedback. I've also posted on a few other sites as well, but was just getting frustrated here.

Thanks again for the advice and encouragement. I'll have to take a look at your Matchmaker series... wink

Re: FDK Kiss and Run - 04/03/12 01:56 PM

Mozartmaid,

Be sure to start with Volume 1 and 1A. Lois Lane - Mother of Utopia smile

They are short, quick reads, 4 posts and 3 posts respectively. boogie

Volume 2 is 16 posts - Borrowed Time.

In all my stories, if there is a musical like cue, click on it to enhance the experience. party
Posted by: cain crazy

Re: FDK Kiss and Run - 04/05/12 08:07 AM

I hope you post more stories, I really liked your story. Please don't be disheartened. I love to read all the stories on this message board. But don't always leave Fdk, There are heaps of great writers around and it would be a shame to loose you. I didn't relise how important Fdk was to the writers. I will make a resolution to make more comments
Posted by: zoomway

Re: FDK Kiss and Run - 04/10/12 10:20 PM

I sympathize with those who want feedback. Though believe me, when L&C fanfic first started in 1994 the stories were emailed out to 25 people who signed up to read fanfic and feedback was unheard of except for the occasional private email. Also, fic used to be posted only when it was finished as a whole story unit, not separate parts.

As for the feedback issue, there are some fans who don't give feedback until the whole story is posted because over the years they've been disappointed by authors who didn't finish their stories despite having lots of feedback for the individual parts. There is also the fact that this is an open message board in that you don't have to subscribe in order to read the post. If they're not subscribed, they can't post. I suspect most who are reading your stories fall into that category.

As "cain crazy" posted, she didn't realize that feedback was such a big deal to writers, and to be fair, it isn't a big deal to all authors, but for most it's nice to hear some encouragement. But don't forget the flipside of that coin. Sometimes readers won't leave feedback because they didn't really like the story and don't want to leave feedback that might hurt the author's feelings, or they felt the story was just so-so in their opinion and so didn't leave feedback either for the same reason.

Lastly, there are two sites that have Smallville fanfic forums and the sites are known more specifically for Smallville. There is Divine Intervention. The name stems from how Lois and Clark met on Smallville. You'll recall that Lois was driving down the road trying to find the Kent farm when lightning struck causing her to pull off the road and plow through a cornfield where she came upon a naked Clark Kent biggrin You do have to register to read and post to their message board. http://loisclark.proboards.com/

There is also k-site. There are advertisements and popups on that board, but it has a large Smallville fanfic forum, and if you want to post Clana, Chlark, or any icky version other than the one true Clois pairing, you can. har http://www.ksitetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?166-Smallville-Fan-Fiction

Zoom

Re: FDK Kiss and Run - 04/13/12 06:17 PM

Thanks Zoom,

I, for one, as an author, want to see any and all feedback, because I see that as my path to improvement. It's like additional beta.

I learned my lesson on the other L&C board and have personally resolved to only post those stories that are complete. Once I start a story, baring an act of God, I will see it through to completion and that is a promise to my readers. I may go so far as to request one of my betas to retain a copy so that if I should, heaven forbid, drop off the face of the earth, she could finish posting for me.
Posted by: bellekettle

Re: FDK Kiss and Run - 04/14/12 04:26 AM

Some people may also be reading on one board and posting on another.