eek
lol
Posted by: Link__69

Re: "Odds are...Lois and Clark are freakier than you are." - 04/22/06 09:34 PM

That puppet looks oddly happy.
Posted by: Afra-

Re: "Odds are...Lois and Clark are freakier than you are." - 04/23/06 02:52 AM

Hi Avilos,
I was so curious about the what was or is the tale behind this cover scene picture of
"The dummy and the damsel",
taken from the comicbook serie -Superman's girlfriend Lois Lane-,so therefore I went to look for it and lucky me,
I found something very interesting.

The thing that sway-lashed me the most is the name of the man who has drawn this cover portray,it's made by

Cover Artist(s): Kurt Schaffenberger

The sway-lash: This artist's name was also mentioned in an Lois and Clark episode from season 3 ep.3 "Contact".

It was Lois's neighbour "Star", who looked out of her window and said to a client,who was walking down the stairs,
"See you next week Mr. Schaffenberger.
And to Lois and Clark,"Star" says,
"thats Mr. Schaffenberger,ever since he got hit by lightning he thought he's Ben Franklin---et cetera,et cetera.

After the man and Star are gone,Lois is saying to Clark, "Maybe you're not the only Alien on the Planet".

Now,If you read this wild cover story below,you discover that there are some odd resemblance's
to the Comicbook tale and some things in the Lois and Clark TV-serie.

As for instance, Superman tricks an "alien" life force into inhabiting his lookalike dummy,
in this second comicbook story,this Mr. Schaffenberger draw's an Mr.Mxyzpltk,he was also mentioned in the L&C serie in the season 4 ep.11 "'t Was the night before Mxymas",he was some kind of alien.

Is this all made by sheer accident,
or is it an alltogether first-rate DC masterteam thing goofy

I love detective investigations.
Posted by: Avilos

Re: "Odds are...Lois and Clark are freakier than you are." - 04/23/06 04:11 AM

Well Kurt Schaffenberger was a long running artist for "Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane". In fact for many fans of that era he is the definitive Lois Lane artist. So much so that he was sometimes asked by the editors to redraw Lois's face in other artist work.

I had never made the connection before but "Mr. Schaffenberger" reference is likely to his long association with Lois not just that one issue. The same goes with Mr. Mxyzptlk. He is Superman's second oldest recurring villian after Lex Luthor. So he has made many other appearances than that one issue.

Your point is true in general though, "Lois & Clark" took many inspirations from the comic books. Unfortunately it never gets credit for this.
Posted by: Afra-

Re: "Odds are...Lois and Clark are freakier than you are." - 04/23/06 11:41 AM

Thanks,it's nice to know,cause you know I'm not that familiar with those Superman comic's.

This sounds probably funny,but as a child we were given to read different comic's such as
"Sjors and Jimmy" "Suske and Wiske" or--
"Kuifje and "Lucky luke" . goofy
Posted by: ColinT

Re: "Odds are...Lois and Clark are freakier than you are." - 05/19/06 09:22 PM

Afra:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucky_Luke

I had no idea he was so popular. "Shoots faster than his shadow" smile
Posted by: Anna B. the Greek

Re: "Odds are...Lois and Clark are freakier than you are." - 05/19/06 10:34 PM

Funny, Colin... I had no idea he wasn't popular in the English-speaking world.

AnnaBtG. (big Lucky Luke fan)
Posted by: ColinT

Re: "Odds are...Lois and Clark are freakier than you are." - 05/19/06 11:17 PM

No, not here. This is the first I have seen of Lucky. Interesting to see a western comic be so popular in Europe.