Links to all of Zoomway's Smallville reviews

Posted by: blaze

Links to all of Zoomway's Smallville reviews - 12/08/07 09:01 AM

The reviews are all complete from season 1 up to the latest episode of season 7, except for some episodes from season 6. All credit goes to seacrystal at Divine Intervention.

SEASON 1

Pilot
Metamorphosis
Hothead
X-Ray
Cool
Hourglass
Craving
Jitters
Rogue
Shimmer
Hug
Leech
Kinetic
Zero
Nicodemus
Stray
Reaper
Drone
Crush
Obscura
Tempest

SEASON 2

Vortex
Heat
Duplicity
Red
Nocturne
Redux
Lineage
Ryan
Dichotic
Skinwalker
Visage
Insurgence
Suspect
Rush
Prodigal
Fever
Rosetta
Visitor
Precipice
Witness
Accelerate
Calling
Exodus

SEASON 3

Exile
Phoenix
Extinction
Slumber
Perry
Relic
Magnetic
Shattered
Asylum
Whisper
Delete
Hereafter
Velocity
Obsession
Resurrection
Crisis
Legacy
Truth
Memoria
Forsaken
Talisman
Covenant

SEASON 4

Crusade
Gone
Facade
Devoted
Run
Transference
Jinx
Spell
Bound
Scare
Unsafe
Pariah
Recruit
Krypto
Sacred
Lucy
Onyx
Spirit
Blank
Ageless
Forever
Commencement

SEASON 5

Arrival
Mortal
Hidden
Aqua
Thirst
Exposed
Splinter
Solitude
Lexmas
Fanatic
Lockdown
Reckoning
Vengeance
Tomb
Cyborg
Hypnotic
Void
Fragile
Mercy
Fade
Oracle
Vessel

SEASON 6

Zod
Sneeze
Wither
Arrow
Reunion
Fallout
Rage
Hydro
Justice
Labyrinth
Crimson
Trespass
Freak
Promise
Combat
Progeny
Nemesis
Noir
Prototype
Phantom

SEASON 7

Bizarro
Kara
Fierce
Cure
Action
Lara
Wrath
Blue
Gemini
Persona
Siren
Fracture
Hero
Traveler
Veritas
Descent
Sleeper
Apocalypse
Quest
Arctic

SEASON 8

Odyssey
Plastique (new link)
Toxic (new link)
Instinct (new link)
Committed (new link)
Prey (new link)
Identity (new link)
Bloodline (new link)
Abyss (new link)
Bride (new link)
Legion (new link)
Bulletproof (new link)
Power (new link)
Requiem (new link)
Infamous (new link)
Turbulence (new link)
Hex (new link)
Eternal (new link)
Stiletto (new link)
Beast (new link)
Injustice (new link)
Doomsday (new link)

Season 9

Savior
Metallo
Rabid
Echo
Roulette
Crossfire
Kandor
Idol
Pandora
Disciple
Absolute Justice
Warrior
Persuasion
Conspiracy
Checkmate
Upgrade
Charade
Sacrifice
Hostage
Salvation
Posted by: Chatchien

Re: Links to all of Zoomway's Smallville reviews - 12/13/07 10:38 AM

Thanks to seacrystal for making this list and to blaze for bringing it over here.

I'd like to ask Zoomway if she would "important topic" this post and pin it at the top of this board topic subcategory. This is an important post and shouldn't be lost as time goes by. A lot of people want to read these essays and need to know where to find them.
Posted by: Deb

Re: Links to all of Zoomway's Smallville reviews - 12/13/07 12:05 PM

I think what you are asking for is a "sticky bit" for this post.

I think you are right. It does deserve to be up at the top of the topic.
Posted by: ColinT

Re: Links to all of Zoomway's Smallville reviews - 12/13/07 11:53 PM

Yes, STICK-A-FY it:)
Posted by: Chatchien

Re: Links to all of Zoomway's Smallville reviews - 12/14/07 02:38 AM

Yes! Yes!

Quote:
"sticky bit" for this post.
Zoomway!

Quote:
Yes, STICK-A-FY it:)
Thanks for correcting my terminology.
smile

Re: Links to all of Zoomway's Smallville reviews - 12/14/07 06:46 PM

I'm seconding all the requests for the sticky! This is definitely a great list and I'm too lazy to search for past reviews tongue

Anyway for those who know, are the rest of the season 6 reviews like Combat, Nemesis etc are just unavailable? Because I'm very sure all the other seasons are complete.
Posted by: zoomway

Re: Links to all of Zoomway's Smallville reviews - 12/14/07 09:36 PM

Thank you for going to so much trouble, Blaze and Seacrystal. I didn't do full recap/reviews in the beginning because Cindy used to do the recaps, but when she got totally sick of the show, she stopped watching biggrin

I'll make this a sticky topic. Though on UBB boards it's called a 'featured topic' but it's the same thing.

There are some reviews from last year I haven't done yet. I guess the screenwriter strike will afford me that opportunity wink

Thanks again!

Zoom

Re: Links to all of Zoomway's Smallville reviews - 12/15/07 09:05 AM

Thanks for making this a featured topic Zoomway!

Can't wait for your Gemini review and the rest of S6's reviews.
Posted by: John

Re: Links to all of Zoomway's Smallville reviews - 01/06/08 01:54 AM

Thanks to everyone involved in not only
the reviews and clips, but making the topic
front and center for future viewing.

My work schedule with the Bruins doesn't allow
too much free time during the season. So a
review and viewer comments keep me as much in
the know as if I were able to watch on TV.

Zoomway as always has my gratitude, but its
important to post it in text so that all the
rest that contribute know as well.

Happy New Year! thumbsup

John
Posted by: Leuch

Re: Links to all of Zoomway's Smallville reviews - 10/14/08 03:34 AM

Wow, some of those bring back memories. You know, I haven't watched that show since...well, it was when one of the LnC DVD sets came with an episode of Smallville, and for whatever reason I watched it, and all the bad memories came flooding back. *sniff* Some of those reviews were fun, tho. Zoom, I don't know how you still do it every week. You have the patience of a saint. wink

-Cindy (retired former semi-professional Smallville hater)

Re: Links to all of Zoomway's Smallville reviews - 10/15/08 07:00 PM

Quote:
Wow, some of those bring back memories. You know, I haven't watched that show since...well, it was when one of the LnC DVD sets came with an episode of Smallville, and for whatever reason I watched it, and all the bad memories came flooding back. *sniff* Some of those reviews were fun, tho. Zoom, I don't know how you still do it every week. You have the patience of a saint.

Hey, when you gave up doing the recaps, I had to do them tongue Lana is gone for now, but she'll be back later for 5 episodes. Yeah, good news and bad news goofy

Zoom
Posted by: AmyW

Re: Links to all of Zoomway's Smallville reviews - 06/12/09 09:18 PM

I'm so happy I found this board. I can't wait to read all of the Smallville reviews. It is my fav show on TV.

Re: Links to all of Zoomway's Smallville reviews - 06/13/09 03:55 AM

Quote:
I'm so happy I found this board. I can't wait to read all of the Smallville reviews. It is my fav show on TV.

This makes me feel kind of bad since I'm not very nice to Smallville in most of my reviews. I do love Erica Durance as Lois Lane though. But killing Jimmy Olsen and saying he wasn't the real Jimmy Olsen was unfair to his fans and to the actor. Despite all that, I was enjoying the first part of this past season. It was so different from the others. Then Lana came back and it was like an alcoholic who fell off the wagon and slipped back into old bad habits. It was difficult to enjoy anything after that.

Zoom
Posted by: Lois & Clark Fan

Re: Links to all of Zoomway's Smallville reviews - 10/06/09 04:19 AM

Are you going to be doing reviews for Smallville Season 9? smile

Re: Links to all of Zoomway's Smallville reviews - 10/06/09 04:07 PM

Yes, I'm working on Savior and Metallo as kind of a two-parter because Savior introduced John Corben. I'm also behind on real life projects. I squandered a lot of my free time biggrin I hope to have the two-parter review up before the next episode. Yeah, right wink

Zoom
Posted by: Alkcalien

Re: Links to all of Zoomway's Smallville reviews - 10/07/09 05:56 AM

Zoom, your replies are worth the wait! Looking forward to the reviews of Savior and Metallo.

Re: Links to all of Zoomway's Smallville reviews - 10/11/09 02:38 AM

Thanks Zoom, can't wait biggrin

Re: Links to all of Zoomway's Smallville reviews - 10/09/10 11:21 AM

Are you going to do anymore reviews Zoom?

Re: Links to all of Zoomway's Smallville reviews - 10/09/10 09:07 PM

Quote:
Are you going to do anymore reviews Zoom?

Yes, but I've had limited time the last couple of years. I did a review of Lazarus, the premiere, it's HERE

I'm hoping to have Shield and/or Supergirl done by next Friday, but that's iffy wink

Zoom

Re: Links to all of Zoomway's Smallville reviews - 10/11/10 09:07 PM

Thanks Zoom, can't wait for more smile

Re: Links to all of Zoomway's Smallville reviews - 10/16/10 03:32 AM

I can't wait for your review of "Homecoming" can you just skip ahead to that one? wink
Posted by: Audrey

Re: Links to all of Zoomway's Smallville reviews - 10/27/10 03:22 PM

I know Zoomway has been very busy lately and I know the reviews take a really long time. I really appreciate all the effort she has put in.

I wish we could trade some of the reviews in the earlier seasons that didn't have Lois for the present episodes. smile hahaha.

I would love to read a review for Homecoming.

I know this is probably an odd suggestion....but maybe we could just get a review for the Lois and Clark plotline going into Homecoming (Lois going to Africa/Clark missing her desperately but trusting her to come home/their reunion in Supergirl/Lois supporting Clarkas opposed to the entire episodes. Perhaps that would save time. I know reviewing the whole episodes takes a long time.
Posted by: Nautica7mk

Re: Links to all of Zoomway's Smallville reviews - 10/30/10 08:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Audrey
I know this is probably an odd suggestion....but maybe we could just get a review for the Lois and Clark plotline going into Homecoming (Lois going to Africa/Clark missing her desperately but trusting her to come home/their reunion in Supergirl/Lois supporting Clark's opposed to the entire episodes. Perhaps that would save time. I know reviewing the whole episodes takes a long time.

I would be amenable to this but I also happen to enjoy reading how she views each episode as a whole. Whichever route she goes though, I'll always be happy with. After "Harvest," I'm pretty angsty to relive the last three episodes through Zoomway's perspective. lol

Re: Links to all of Zoomway's Smallville reviews - 10/30/10 04:51 PM

I love the reviews as a whole as well. The only reason I made the suggestion is because I know she is extremely busy and that these reviews take a very long time.
Posted by: mozartmaid

Re: Links to all of Zoomway's Smallville reviews - 05/03/11 12:08 PM

I know it's been quite a while since reviews have been posted... are they hiding somewhere else on the boards, cause I've found one or two here and there...

Re: Links to all of Zoomway's Smallville reviews - 05/05/11 08:32 AM

Quote:
I know it's been quite a while since reviews have been posted... are they hiding somewhere else on the boards, cause I've found one or two here and there...

Hi, mozartmaid (interesting nickname),

I completed the list for season 8 and maybe tomorrow I can do the list for season 9, but I don't have all the episodes reviewed for season 9, but I will link what I have. If you mean links for other fans' reviews, I'm afraid I don't have links to those biggrin

"New Links"

Zoom

Re: Links to all of Zoomway's Smallville reviews - 05/05/11 08:43 PM

Thanks! That's just what I was looking for! smile
As for my screen name, I'm an opera singer-- no real connection to Superman, except the maids in all of Mozart's operas are just as smart and sassy as our own Lois Lane.;)
Posted by: widget

Re: Links to all of Zoomway's Smallville reviews - 05/05/11 11:26 PM

Welcome to the boards, mozartmaid smile

Re: Links to all of Zoomway's Smallville reviews - 05/08/11 07:22 AM

Zoom,
Can you check the link to 'Committed'? It's not working and when I try to do a search for the review, I can't find it. frown

PS I would also just settle for your review of the Finale! Pretty please? biggrin
Posted by: leonnalon

Re: Links to all of Zoomway's Smallville reviews - 08/27/11 04:46 AM

Would it be possible to have the link for the Committed review? smile

Re: Links to all of Zoomway's Smallville reviews - 08/27/11 09:21 PM

Here is Committed. I guess I should update the link page har

http://www.zoomway.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=216127

Re: Links to all of Zoomway's Smallville reviews - 08/27/11 10:46 PM

No, that's a link to 'Instinct' frown

Re: Links to all of Zoomway's Smallville reviews - 08/28/11 01:09 AM

Oh, boy, you're right. I remember originally I had done Instinct and Committed together, but then separated them. Now I'm getting the uneasy feeling that Committed got lost in the shuffle frown

I know Georgia edited the review, but I don't think she'd have the review for me to repost, but I'll ask. I also had an "extra" post complimenting Glenn Winter's directing of Committed. Now that is gone too. If it's still on this board, it's well hidden. I have my draft on Word, but it's not the complete review tongue I'll keep looking, but it seems like I've completely misplaced it.

Zoom hairpull

Re: Links to all of Zoomway's Smallville reviews - 09/19/11 11:45 PM

Zoom, I know you have been insanely busy. But I do hope we get to read some reviews for some of the highlights of Season 10 at some point.

It seems like Lois and Clark fans waited forever for Smallville to finally get a clue. Who would have ever thought that they would get a clue so well in the later seasons?

With the DCnU looming ahead....I'm finding myself very nostalgic for Smallville. It was such a flawed show. It made so many mistakes. But in a weird way, all the mistakes it made now seem small compared to the incredible nightmare of the way DC is handling Clark in this relaunch.

As much as I got frustrated with the writing for Clark in the middle seasons of Smallville....at least he was always kind and gentle. At least he felt like Clark even if he was unsure of himself. He was always kind and humble.

Seeing a Clark Kent that was cocky and arrogant (and seeming like he was on RedK) in the new Action comics sort of broke my heart.

It made me long for Dean Cain and Christopher Reeve's Superman. And yes, it made me long for Tom Welling's Clark Kent. Because you could say a lot of things about Tom Welling's Clark Kent....but arrogance was never one of them. frown