Rebirth: Clark, Lois and Son

Posted by: BevK

Rebirth: Clark, Lois and Son - 07/11/15 01:25 AM

THIS is an arc I would read, even if it's in another universe. I don't care! I want to see how the subject is handled.
A Countdown Timer
Posted by: PMC12

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 07/11/15 01:21 PM

Not to take all the credit, but it's about time! Some of us in my Pin circle have been emailing DC once a month about bringing Lois and Clark back. I know others have been doing the same thing, too, because we got the idea from them. I hope it's a new comic line and not just another Convergence like four or five issues.
Crossing my fingers for a new ongoing comic. Or we'll keep emailing har
Posted by: Jake

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 07/13/15 02:39 PM

I'll keep emailing. I want to believe active and concerned fans had an impact in that decision. It's easy to complain, but following it up with actions of any kind at least lets you feel you contributed to any changes. However little.

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 07/16/15 12:05 PM

I see a period of fiction kid angst, but I can put up with a kid too smart and comprehensive for his age if it means Clark and Lois are back. Bratty kids are a fiction staple. No way is this going to be a normal 9 year old. For a third/fourth grader he'll have the wisdom, vocabulary and attention span of a grown man.
There are fanfics where the Kent children are adults in children's bodies, and the kids in TV series are always portrayed that way.

A Countdown Timer
Posted by: KateW

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 08/10/15 10:37 PM

I know new 52 fans are derisive of Dan Jurgens but I'm glad he's writing this. I just hope the beard doesn't mean CK gets outted in that universe, too.

Kate, worrying before the fact

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 09/07/15 01:19 PM

News About the Costume
I'm seriously going to be vocal about the costume change.

Some Cover Art

Guess What Their Son's Name Is?!
This is an easy one.

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 09/08/15 03:23 AM

We can't preorder it yet! I hope it has the largest preorder response in the history of DC.

Kate, glad to see the beard doesn't stay, and yay! Jon!
Posted by: The Question

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 09/25/15 05:52 AM

This will be the first DC comic I've bought since they split up Lois and Clark. I'm hopeful. :-)

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 09/25/15 11:46 AM

I've been reading my dad's Superman titled comics but not buying them myself. L&C are at least friends in that line, though not romantically interested in one another.
The Action line is where she outed him. (I have to admit I enjoyed him closing the door in her face.)
This will be the first DC comic I'll buy, too, since the New 52 reboot.

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 10/02/15 11:21 AM

Lois and Clark

I was able to preorder this comic on Amazon from this link, by searching "Lois and Clark 2015" but not from the comics main page.
Don't know if it's just me or everyone. Of course, it'll probably change as soon as I hit post.

American Alien gives us an interview with Max Landis.
I'm a terrible waffler on this one, I admit! Looking forward, dreading it, looking forward, dreading it . . .

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 10/02/15 03:12 PM

Thanks! I preordered, too! I have Kindle for iPad just in case all the comics get better.
It could happen!

Kate

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 10/13/15 11:20 PM

A new pre-order is available on this page from Amazon. It sounds like it will be a 100 page compilation of 90s stories about Lois and Clark after the wedding. Sounds like a TPB.
No cover art so far.
Also the fanfic parody of L&C, Smallville and Babylon 5 that I mentioned under another topic is listed on the same page.

Re: Mild Spoilers: Clark, Lois and Son - 10/14/15 02:57 PM

Lois and Clark: 2015 Issue #1

Well, it's off to a good start. Naturally, a foundation had to be laid and a lot of time was spent on that, but the beginning has been established. I like that the story is told from Lois's POV in some places, and I like how both Clark and Lois are fighting to change society for the better using their strengths- his abilities, her writing talent.
The only thing I take umbrage with is the teacher dragging little Jon out of his seat by the arm. I would think that even in an alternate universe a teacher would not be allowed to manhandle a child.
Some people may not agree, but I do think that kind of treatment is unnecessary.
Welcome back, Lois and Clark.

Re: Mild Spoilers: Clark, Lois and Son - 10/14/15 06:30 PM

It will be interesting to see where these storylines go. Intergang alone will be more than enough for both of them to take on, as would Hank Henshaw as a nemesis, if it comes to that.
If Jon complains to his mom that teacher better run for her life!

Re: Mild Spoilers: Clark, Lois and Son - 10/15/15 01:09 PM

Resorting to violence against a child? She'd better run from me. You do not touch a child in anger.
It does pain me, though, that Jon is a lot like the under achievers I've had over the years. He's shaping up as a brat. Too whiny for a nine year old. That usually comes later. IMO

Re: Mild Spoilers: Clark, Lois and Son - 10/15/15 02:07 PM

My copy should get here today. Sounds like a winner.

Kate
Posted by: The Question

Re: Mild Spoilers: Clark, Lois and Son - 10/16/15 11:28 PM

I thought you guys may like this.

Re: Mild Spoilers: Clark, Lois and Son - 10/17/15 01:36 AM

Oh, fantastic! Like so many people these are the Superman/Clark Kent and Lois Lane from my childhood.
It's great!

Re: Mild Spoilers: Clark, Lois and Son - 10/17/15 03:24 AM

Wow! As I've said before, a sublimely handsome young man, and they are my Superman and Lois, too.

I echo the sentiment: welcome back Lois and Clark! After a lot of exposition, the direction the story will take is familiar :-) but should be interesting. I can very easily see this as an extenuation of TNAOS.

Kate, who read it through three times in one sitting
Posted by: SJH

Re: Mild Spoilers: Clark, Lois and Son - 10/17/15 09:29 AM

Very nice!

Re: Mild Spoilers: Clark, Lois and Son - 10/17/15 02:01 PM

Perfect! It will make great wallpaper for a cell phone! (Hint, hint!)

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 11/26/15 04:44 PM

Lois and Clark: 2015 Issue #2

SPOILERS!!!

A little more back story, but some good action showing both Clark's and Lois's strengths. Also an insight into young Jon's courage. I loved his "What?" look at Lois when she sees him standing over an unconscious thug!
Typical kid. He listens in on his parents talking when they think he is asleep in bed.
I wish the stories were a little longer. It's been so long since I've bought comic books I forget how little we get for the price! lol

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 11/27/15 02:14 AM

It is off to a good start. I'm wondering how Intergang got wind of Lois's book and how they knew where to look for the author?
Yes, the book cover says it all- Jon has his mom's back!
And speaking of TNAOS ideas popping up in new stories, was the bad guy really causing earthquake damage to Chicago by stomping his feet? CK did it first!

Kate

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 11/27/15 04:29 PM

It's an ambitious story arc to begin with and should be full of surprises. The show didn't really pursue Intergang as a nemesis for L&C. And I agree that Jon is definitely their son!
Posted by: LoisLaneKent 33

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 11/27/15 04:46 PM

Any chance this can be turned into a show, with Dean and Teri? That would be cool!
The perfect reboot for Lois and Clark.

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 12/01/15 09:57 AM

Didn't Mr. Cain say, a couple of years ago it would take him six or seven months to get back in the suit? I think someone asked him about a reunion movie back then.

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 12/02/15 12:04 PM

He's in the League of Supermen and that's good enough for me- though I would like to see some kind of reunion show while K Callen and Eddie Jones are able. Ideally with both Jimmys.

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 12/03/15 11:06 AM

"Fly, my ipad!"
They should have tossed the ipad to each other to make Dean fly!

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 12/10/15 03:42 PM

I haven't been following this one but I will soon. So far I like the other one, American Alien.

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 12/11/15 03:13 AM

Definitely give it a read. It's got a good plot going.

Kate, glad to hear from you again

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 12/18/15 03:59 AM

In March , a meeting of the Supermen in the comics.

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 12/18/15 01:14 PM

Are they going to be older/younger versions of Superman or will they look completely different from one another, I wonder? Which version of Lois and Clark will get the credit for exposing Intergang in that universe?

Kate

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 01/20/16 04:23 PM

Lois and Clark: 2015 Issue #3

SPOILERS!!!

I'm not sure what to think of this issue as there was very little furthering of plot. We were given our first looks at new villains. Blanque. And a changing Henshaw character. Intergang on the human front.
Ah, the pace of comics. har

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 01/21/16 04:59 PM

Well, we can guess the star destroyer will have something to do with getting rid of Blanque. I'm guessing it also is the reason why Hank Henshaw is changing.
I don't mind exposition but I guess I've been away from comics too long to remember it has to happen now and then.

Kate

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 01/22/16 01:54 AM

It should be a good thing. This is a bad guy with almost superior powers to Supe. There should be some awesome conflict. I'll bet it what leads to the union of Supermen.

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 01/22/16 04:15 PM

Yes, Blanque is powerful enough for more than one Superman to have to take down. Perhaps the alien presence is what will kill him, since this Superman still has his aversion to killing. (Yay!)
Also, I love that he has this universe's Iron Giant head in his collection of artifacts!

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 01/24/16 01:58 PM

I don't know how I missed that- how we missed that! Poor giant. I guess in that universe he had to wait awhile to reassemble.

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 01/31/16 04:15 AM

Lois and Clark: Issue #4

SPOILERS!!!!!

Into the trap, she went- and she took her son with her. I guess I'm the only person on earth who doesn't think it's cute that Lois Lane, in any universe, will take her child into dangerous circumstances and only question the decision after the fact.
I liked the flashback on how the black suit was created, and its about the only thing I liked about this issue.

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 01/31/16 03:24 PM

Yes, Intergang is on to her and now they know the woman and child who escaped are very likely the right targets. Well, they had to find out somehow, even though Lois could have asked Clark to check on Cora. We all make mistakes. smile

Kate

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 02/01/16 03:34 AM

I thought it was fine. Any time we get an insight into L&C is interesting. But the pace of comics is pretty slow after a long time away. Sssssssllllloooooooowwwwwwwww.

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 03/04/16 03:46 PM

Are we doing issue 5? Am I the only one who read it? har
What does little Jon know? He seems to be digging in his dad's dresser.

Kate

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 03/04/16 08:37 PM

Hard to say but we know he eavesdrops like kids do. He saw a newspaper clipping about Superman being outed. Maybe he'll jump to the wrong conclusion.

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 03/05/16 01:28 PM

Lois and Clark: Issue #5

SPOILERS!!!!!

Absolutely! Blanque, so far, has just been a diversion, but no doubt will cause another super villain battle down the road. He was dispatched a little too easily, don't you think?
Jon has discovered something, I agree, but Henshaw and Intergang are the bigger threats, so far. Whatever he thinks he's discovered, it should be fun to see how L&C handle it without annoying, know-it-all ff Lois blaming everything on ff Clark. That's the only way I know of them handling anything! Through ff.

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 03/06/16 01:03 AM

Here we go with "You lied to me!!!" again. Come on, Jurgens! Think of something new.

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 03/06/16 12:45 PM

Do you think he will be a fanfic kid who gets mad when he's told the truth? This Lois is not selfish or self-centered like TNAOS Lois. Jon has better examples for behavior- at least as far as I can see only 5 issues in. This Lois was willing to make sacrifices for her family, but still pursue her career with whatever restrictions necessary- yet, still give her child as normal a life as possible.

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 03/07/16 03:19 PM

He'll probably be thrilled no matter what they tell him, if anything. After all he has been eavesdropping.

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 03/24/16 01:27 PM

Lois and Clark: Issue #6

When I turned on my Kindle and saw the cover of this issue waiting to be downloaded, I could hardly wait out the few seconds for the download! I loved the ringtone thing! We were just talking about it in a similar vein in another thread!
All I'll say for now is like mother, like son. I guess the angry reaction is just ingrained to the DNA of Lanes.
The next issue should be pretty darn interesting. har

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 03/24/16 03:55 PM

Just got it and I like the cover, too. A little misleading but it captured the drama. Now, will he be a help or a hindrance?

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 03/25/16 02:12 PM

How do you suppose this will impact all the Supermen when they meet? Canon has caught up with fan fiction that not all universes have a Lois and Clark pairing.

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 03/25/16 02:40 PM

Well, at least one pair of the characters will be uncomfortable!
To be honest, Jon's reaction made me laugh. It's been done in fan fic so often it was expected. No surprise. I did like Lois's shock when her counterpart outed the other Superman. If the Loises meet up, the reactions should be the interesting ones.
I wish I was wrong about Jon, though. Anger seems to be the stock reaction in superhero circles.

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 03/25/16 04:30 PM

I'm getting mine electronically, too. I hope these little 49ers hold up a whi!e. smile
I agree there were no surprises in the revelation, if that's what you want to call it. Jon already suspected but I don't think he knows Dad is super, too. He thinks his mom is culpable of something sneaky!
I'm happy (?) with, enjoying the story, I guess is what I want to say. It's what I wanted in the fifth season of TNAOS.

Kate

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 05/08/16 01:17 AM

Lois and Clark: Issue #7
Been so busy lately I'm ignoring the comics.
This issue was fan fiction come to life. Fanfic authors who have written revelation stories involving L&C offspring- especially a son named Jon- talk to your lawyers. har
The saving grace with this story was the boy's reaction was that of a child, not that of a child waaaaaay too wise for his years. I loved that he was angry at first but instead of dragging it out, he said the dog told him to trust his parents. Then his reaction was awe.
It was much better than I thought it would be.
I like this series so much, but I'm afraid we're going to lose it to the Rebirth. I don't see how they can keep it going separately.
As long as they feature the family after the rebirth I suppose I can't complain.

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 05/09/16 01:26 AM

As long as everything is changing, why not just reverse it all? Put all the universes and their heroes back where they belong? These mixed up universes make no sense, really. Nothing needs to be that complicated.

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 05/09/16 02:33 AM

What about all the loose ends?! I like this title. I don't want to lose it! Whine, whine, whine.

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 05/11/16 04:26 PM

At least we know the Flash wins and why. Right? har

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 05/11/16 05:33 PM

I totally agree with that boy. The Flash should win any race against Superman. The boy gets it.
I also liked the dog telling Jon it was okay to talk to his parents. My son had an action figure that gave him good advice. wink And my daughter's bunny agreed she should try a cucumber sandwich but only if I put Nutella on it. Yay, bunny!

Kate

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 05/12/16 05:13 AM

har I did the peanut butter trick with celery and cucumbers and it worked. I got the kids to try peppers by growing padron peppers and making pimientos de padron with them. So far no one has gotten a really hot pepper because I make sure to use less than 2 inch long peppers.
Posted by: Leuch

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 05/13/16 01:46 AM

Originally Posted By: BevK
Fanfic authors who have written revelation stories involving L&C offspring- especially a son named Jon- ...

I resemble that remark. I wrote mine 15 or 16 years ago. Looks like I need to go grab these off of Amazon and read the whole series, tho... it will feel kinda weird paying for a story that you can (basically) read in the archive for free.

Thanks for summarizing this series - I probably wouldn't even know about these otherwise.
Posted by: Deb

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 05/14/16 02:19 AM

I haven't had a chance to read these comics yet, but would like to take this opportunity to give a huge shoutout and recommendation to Leuch's next-Gen series "Dawn of Discovery ". She really did great job of writing the Kent kids with my personal favorite of the series being "Meet Sam Wayne". (But all the installments of this series are great)

Luech has always been one of my favorite authors and if you haven't had a chance to read her stuff you should run to lcfanfic.com and give yourself a real treat.

Deb (working her way out of lurkdom and being on irc soon) wink

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 05/15/16 02:30 AM

Hey Deb! Thanks for the recommendation. FYI I just finished a new chapter of that series - right now it's posted at the fic boards, but it will be archived soon. Check it out! I haven't written anything in YEARS, and it felt really good to get another story out of my favorite family. smile

Also, FYI, Amazon has available for preorder the book that will put together all the Lois and Clark comics that are being reviewed here. Individually, they cost about $4 / each, but the book with all issues together is much more reasonable. It is slated for release in September...I already preordered mine. Flipping through the latest installment at a local comic book shop today, I think I'm really going to like these. The idea of Superman as a dad just always strikes me as being so incredibly sweet.

-Cindy

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 05/17/16 03:33 PM

The TPBs are always worth waiting for. That's how I've been reading the Superman/Batman comics, which haven't been that consistent at all. Trying to be too different from the past comics doesn't work, but it's the only DC title I kind of like, other than Lois and Clark.

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 05/18/16 05:15 PM

I see DC is introducing a new logo for the Rebirth comics. I guess they got tired of fans calling the New 52 one the toilet seat and decided to use rebirth as an excuse to go retro on that, too.

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 05/30/16 11:57 PM

Lois and Clark: Issue #8

Well, this series wraps up with this issue and I am so sorry to see it go. I wish DC would continue it as a separate title, apart from the rebirth events.
I enjoyed seeing Lois and Clark as parents and a loving married couple. I miss them.
There are a lot of loose ends which I hope will be resolved at some time in the rebirth comics to come. I am glad the story ends with the family facing the future together with all secrets in the open between them.
What a nice little fanfic story.

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 05/31/16 01:28 AM

It barely got going as a story! I was hoping for more of Intergang's vendetta against Lois, Author X. I wonder if Jurgens is disappointed that this title is lost.
I guess I'll just be glad the New 52 is over. Superman as a fight club member. Jeeze.

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 05/31/16 02:11 AM

I so don't want to hear this! I haven't read it yet though I know my son has it.
I was hoping the rebirth events would happen around this, but I guess they don't want to continue the two Supermen in the same universe. What are they going to do with the other Lois? With poor dumped Wonder Woman? wink

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 05/31/16 03:44 AM

Adding

a

BIG

Spoiler:

Love Ranger's reaction!

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 05/31/16 05:50 PM

There are nothing but loose ends! Even the final battle ended with a loose end! Henshaw took the second half of the stone!
The rebirth better be spectacular to make up for this.

Kate, very disappointed by the ending and the loss of the title

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 05/31/16 06:37 PM

They're stopping it in midstream in order to put the characters in the rebirth events, but that's Lois and Clark, right? Drop it with no real ending.

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 06/07/16 02:15 AM

They might be dropping the title, but the characters will actually transition into the other running titles, since New 52 Superman died. The link below summarizes what's going on pretty well:
Superman Author Interview

Sounds like the Superman title will be focused more on the family, while the Action Comics title will be more the fights with villains and such (written by the author of Lois and Clark), though they will all have the whole family. The Superman title looks like stuff I'd read...

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 06/09/16 05:15 PM

Absolutely! I hope they try harder to give us good stories. No one seemed to know how to write for L&C after they got married before the New 52.

Re: Rebirth: Clark, Lois and Son - 07/08/16 12:10 PM

The comics are back!
They never went away, of course, but comics that I want to buy are back!
This is a good article summarizing what is happening now. We still get the angst but it isn't from Superman or Lois. It's kid angst from young Jon. Something I deal with everyday- and twice on week days during the school year.

Re: Rebirth: Clark, Lois and Son - 07/10/16 04:49 AM

SUPERMAN #2

My iPad is now the home of my renewed collection of Superman comics.
Young Jon seems to have found his Lana; and he is taking to experimenting with his new powers, sometimes with adverse consequences. Great shades of fan fiction!

Click to reveal..

Re: Rebirth: Clark, Lois and Son - 07/11/16 01:41 AM

It's too soon to have much of a plot yet, but I do like the characterizations of the family. Clark is a good dad without being so possessive. I didn't like that part but I guess Jonathan might have been a little over protective, too, because of his fear that Clark might be captured and dissected.

Re: Rebirth: Clark, Lois and Son - 07/12/16 12:02 AM

This CK certainly believes in on the job training, doesn't he? smile

Kate, giving it a thumbsup

Re: Rebirth: Clark, Lois and Son - 07/12/16 12:39 AM

One thing I was going to mention was what you told us your RPG friend from Kansas said about his own upbringing, and here we see Jon calling his dad a respectful "sir."
You just have to do it right to get it right.
And read it here first. wink

Re: Rebirth: Clark, Lois and Son - 08/18/16 02:33 PM

I'm reading Action and Superman but I've been away too long and haven't gotten back into the slow moving pace of the stories. That's why I almost never read ff chapter by chapter and wait for the story to be finished.

Kate, who learned that from Bev

Re: Clark, Lois and Son - 02/13/17 03:53 PM

The first TPB of this comic is out. If you wait to buy the compilations, now's the time. The other titles in the rebirth event are issuing TPBs, too. I've read most of the comics at my dad's because I'm collecting only Superman, Action and Batman, the latter mainly for Bruce's relationship with HIS son. I'll wait for the trades to go to auction on Ebay before getting Flash, Green Lantern, WW, etc.

Re: Rebirth: Clark, Lois and Son - 03/27/17 02:05 AM

There is a new creative team coming to take over but no one has bothered to tie up any threads. The storylines are still a bit confusing. Everyone is talking about the characters merging so I guess that's what's happening. confused