SUPERWOMAN: Don't Bother

Posted by: BevK

SUPERWOMAN: Don't Bother - 08/17/16 02:57 PM

Has anyone decided to give this comic a try? I read it on my dad's (The World's Oldest Fanboy) Kindle and decided to add it to my short list of Rebirth favorites. I recommend giving it a try. It's starting out pretty good.
It's not the kind of Lois Lane title fans have wanted for years, but it's what we're getting, so why not run with it? It includes a good characterization of Lana Lang and the rivalry between her and Lois as Superman's old and new girlfriends, THANKFULLY!!!! is a thing of the past.
I know the title is spoiled all over the internet, but still. Give the first issue a try.
Lois Lane/Superwoman..............maybe. I certainly hope she survives to stay Superwoman. I know Lois fans will drop it cold if she is dead, and I really don't want to see it become a Lana Lang series, but I have hope she will be back in #2.
Posted by: PMC12

Re: SUPERWOMAN - 08/17/16 05:23 PM

I liked it right up to the last page! Are we going to get a hybrid Superwoman? Lois and Lana melded together like Lois and Wanda? Just kidding. No I'm not. I don't want them joined together but I fear that might happen. The Clark Kent name is dead. I don't want the Lois Lane name to die, too.
Posted by: KateW

Re: SUPERWOMAN - 08/18/16 02:27 PM

It could be just a scare for Lana. She listed all the people who left her after promising they wouldn't and now Lois has done the same, it seems. This is sci fi, or sciffy as some people pronounce it, and dead isn't always permanent. Maybe she's just mostly dead, which means, according to Miracle Max, she's slightly alive.

Kate, who believes everything Miracle Max says

Re: SUPERWOMAN - 08/19/16 04:44 PM

I hope so. I will read it if Lois is the focus. Of course this is New 52 Lois. Wasn't there a long ago explanation that no one recognized Clark as Superman because his mind or his powers make his face unrecognizable?
Posted by: BevK

Re: SUPERWOMAN: Don't Bother - 09/16/16 12:58 PM

Major disappointment in the second issue and the worst ever move DC could possibly have made. They had a chance to let Lois redeem herself for outing Clark, but the idiots killed her instead. How can they not understand what a popular character she is among fans?
I like the Lana character and I will continue reading for a while, but unless they have a great resurrection scene planned for the future, Lois fans need not bother with this latest universally stupid move on DC's part.
Posted by: KateW

Re: SUPERWOMAN: Don't Bother - 09/18/16 12:47 PM

I'm disappointed, too, but with the multiple Clarks running around in the comics right now, another Lois might be pushing it. Still, they didn't have to kill her. But what can you expect from the people in charge who preferred Superman and Wonder Woman as a couple? I'll give Lana a read for a while but I have a feeling she's going to be too emotionally damaged for me. She's going to be ff Superman, whining, crying, contemplating suicide.......

Kate

Re: SUPERWOMAN: Don't Bother - 09/21/16 04:49 PM

Brainlessness on the part of DC. Rotten spoiler, guys.