SUPERSONS !!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!

Posted by: BevK

SUPERSONS !!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!! - 07/18/17 11:22 PM

SPOILERS!!!!!

While spending Saturday afternoon at my parents' place, I was able to get caught up with the Superman comics that my dad has on his Kindle. I also discovered he has been buying "Supersons," the newest DC title. It's about the adventures of Jon Kent and Damian Wayne, or "Robin" to his dad's Batman. (Batman!! Not Barman, though that is funny, Eve.)
At first, the Kents want Jon to keep his powers hidden and he valiantly tries to do as they say, but as of issue #5, Clark tells him to use his powers and try to be friends with Damien because that might be what he needs to develop his abilities.
Damian, so far, is an arrogant brat but he clearly wants to have Jon around to help him explore his own talents, but he will never admit it in a million years.
The dads want them to be friends and learn to trust one another. lol Damian is making it an uphill battle for poor Jon.
I like what I've read so far. They can cut down on Damian's arrogant personality at any time, though.
Posted by: karenc

Re: SUPERSONS ]SPOILERS!!!!!!!! - 07/19/17 02:50 PM

My brothers are reading them, too, but I haven't been curious enough. Too much fan fic about annoying Kent kids, and it sounds like Batman's kid is too annoying to hold my interest.
On the whole, though, I do like Jon Kent as he is being done in Superman and Action.
Posted by: PMC12

Re: SUPERSONS ]SPOILERS!!!!!!!! - 07/21/17 06:59 PM

My son and I decided to read this title, so we went half and half to buy all five issues for the Kindles.
Will get back to you.

Re: SUPERSONS !!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!! - 07/21/17 09:43 PM

A kid with a job!
I didn't really like the artwork, but it was easy to ignore because of Damian's smarta** personality. Your kids will probably love the little bad boy over Jon, the more likeable kid. IMO
Posted by: Miss Piggy

Re: SUPERSONS !!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!! - 08/11/18 07:43 AM

I’ve read a few of them on and off. It was certainly amusing to see Lois reprimanding her super powered son for using them to do his chores

Re: SUPERSONS !!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!! - 08/12/18 12:02 AM

A new Supersons series has just started, but it is set during the same time as the first comics- which is BEFORE Lois and Jon left Earth to explore the galaxy with Jor-El. (Lois has since returned alone but she hasn't returned to Clark. Jon is still gone.)
The first issue is off to a good start. These might be the only comics left where we see Lois, Clark and Jon as still a family.

Re: SUPERSONS !!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!! - 10/07/18 05:52 PM

I just got caught up with this new Supersons series. I like it good enough but Jon is in outer space again! It isn't like he's competition for his dad! Damien, either, for that matter. He's stuck in outer space with Jon,too. There isn't room for the fathers and sons together on Earth?

Re: SUPERSONS !!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!! - 10/08/18 12:14 AM

Issue 3 has some funny moments between the boys.
I never liked red and blue Superman and I'm not sure what the purpose of red and blue Jon is. Isn't he too young to have such clearly defined sides to his personality? He's still growing and learning and changing, experimenting with new ideas.

Re: SUPERSONS !!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!! - 10/08/18 05:55 PM

You would think so! Red and blue were the more aggressive and passive sides to Superman IIRC. I guess the rules will be changing a lot under Bendis.
Let's blame it all on Bendis!