Lois and Clark Message Board
a triangle built for two     

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#114741 - 02/19/04 12:34 AM Dean and Teri
Cainiac Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Earth
I know this is an old subject, but since I am fairly new to the board I will bring it up again.
I just finished watching the LnC eps with Jon Tenney as Ching and it got me thinking about the timeline for Dean and Teri's alledged fling.....
He (Jon) seemed to have SO much animosity towards Clark (Dean) and also Lois (Teri) in the show, much more than I thought was necessary for the character. Was he just overacting or was there a reason for his sulky behavior? Just when was the affair suppose to have happened?
I have also heard about some fans who met Dean during LnC outside his trailer and he was wearing Lois wedding ring around his neck. And speculation was made regarding why Dean would wear the ring if not on the set. So, did the visit with Dean take place at the time they were filming the New Krypton eps or another time? If they were filming those eps at that time, wouldn't it make sense for Dean to continue to wear the ring even off the set as a matter of convenience so it wouldn't be misplaced or forgotten in a scene?

I really need to get a life
rolleyes

#114742 - 02/19/04 12:46 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Lane and Kent fan Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Canada
Yes that visit outside his trailer was during the filming of the New Krypton Arc. and here's a timeline for Dean and Teri written by Zoom,

Made For Each Other
I'm answering
I'm waiting
Yes

#114743 - 02/19/04 06:23 PM Re: Dean and Teri
sheilah Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Colorado
L&C was filming the second half of the New Krypton arc (i.e. the eps with Mark Kiely, not Jon Tenney) when the LAFFers met Dean outside his trailer at the studio. Having seen how carefully the costuming department keeps track of items like rings and watches, etc., I personally don't think it makes sense for Dean to wear a costume item like a wedding ring on a chain around his neck when he was NOT in costume. Normally the wardrobe master or mistress collects all the bits of a costume just to make sure they don't get lost when an actor wears them off the set. But that's just MHO.

As to when the affair was supposed to happen, rumor places it beginning around April 1996, when the end of Season 3 was being shot. That was when rumors of fairly intimate behavior between D&T started appearing in the media (i.e. the rumors that resulted in the ET visit to the set during the shooting of the first half of the New Krypton arc). Rumor again has the affair continuing at least through February or March of 1997.

http://www.sheilaharper.com/

#114744 - 02/21/04 01:00 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Cainiac Offline
Lane and Kent

So when did the supposed affair supposedly end? frown

#114745 - 02/21/04 01:02 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Cainiac Offline
Lane and Kent

Sorry for the double post. What I meant to say was, do we know what eps were being taped when it ended or was it after the series was cancelled?

#114746 - 02/21/04 09:10 AM Re: Dean and Teri
mamie blue Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: switzerland
I've been told, that you have to look at the three last episodes, they don't share a single kiss anymore ....
it's exactly the time, when Teri got pregnant ...

Corinne

#114747 - 02/21/04 05:37 PM Re: Dean and Teri
widget Offline

Loc: USA
All I can offer is that Teri got pregnant in February, and the last 3 episodes would have been filmed in late March and early April, as the show usually wrapped by the second week of April each year.

#114748 - 02/21/04 05:46 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Cainiac Offline
Lane and Kent

I just finished watching the last three eps. I downloaded the entire series from WinMX and still haven't seen them all. So I am watching alot of these episodes for the first time. They were still smooching and intimate in "I've got you under my skin" but you're right... NO kissing in the last two eps. There was a half naked bed scene in The Family Hour but no kisses.. This is very odd since they were usually going at it like a couple of teenagers on prom night. It would have been interesting to see what a 5th season would bring.

So which theory do most people go by?

Teri found out she was pregnant with Jon's baby and wanted to put her marraige back together so no more Dean or Teri wanted to put her marraige back together and in the process became pregnant.
Or none of the above. confused

Sorry to revisit what is surely old news to most of you, but I have only recently become an obsessive fan of LnC myself and sadly have no life rolleyes

#114749 - 02/21/04 05:50 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Cainiac Offline
Lane and Kent

Quote:
All I can offer is that Teri got pregnant in February, and the last 3 episodes would have been filmed in late March and early April, as the show usually wrapped by the second week of April each year.
So if one were to speculate...
Something happened between IGYUMS and Toy Story that cooled things.

#114750 - 02/21/04 06:01 PM Re: Dean and Teri
romwriter96 Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Manitoba, Canada
Since the writers control whether or not the characters kiss, the relationship between Teri and Dean wouldn't have had that much to do with the sudden change in the level of kissing.

Things actually began cooling down about mid-season. The storyline for IGYUMS didn't require that much kissing but did feature that fantastic upside-down doozie. The storyline for Toy Story didn't provide them with an opportunity to kiss which wouldn't have looked contrived. The Family Hour was more about emotions than physical intimacy. By not kissing in favor of the tender touching, they conveyed a sense of loving concern rather than heated passion. It was definitely the right direction to go in terms of the subject matter. Clark's heartfelt speech about them being a wonderful "family of two" would have lost some of its emotion if they'd added some unnecessary smooching.

However, no matter how the writers perceived those last couple of episodes, it is also very likely that Teri was making an extra effort to cool things off in light of her pregnancy and her efforts to repair her marriage. I would think it would be a bit uncomfortable to engage in those steamy kisses while carrying another man's child.

Nancy

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  ChrisP, Kismatt, widget