Lois and Clark Message Board
a triangle built for two     

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#114751 - 02/21/04 07:48 PM Re: Dean and Teri
J9 Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: England
Am I right in thinking that an "official" reason for the lack of kissing was that Teri had a mouth / lip infection?

Can anyone shed any light on that?

J9 smile

#114752 - 02/21/04 10:14 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Bratling Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: SW Georgia, USA
Because this is in the gossip section I can say this. evil It has yet to be proved exactly *who's* child Emerson is. We've had long discussions concerning this... for all we know, Emerson Rose could easily be Dean's child... Or Bugboy's... The timing of the pregnancy is certainly close enough to the affair...

LauraBF

#114753 - 02/22/04 12:47 AM Re: Dean and Teri
jude Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: The Evergreen State, USA
I don't have any definitive answer, but here is what I thought when I first saw the episodes. I thought there was a change in the atmosphere between Teri and Dean as early as Shadow of a Doubt, and it was obvious she was pregnant in Voice From the Past. At the time I knew nothing about rumors of an affair but was going by what I saw on the screen. The chemistry continued to erode in the ensuing episodes, as they more and more appeared to be 'acting' affaction rather than showing it. I've watched the eps many times, and I haven't changed my mind about my first impression of what was happening.

smile Jude

boogie

#114754 - 02/22/04 07:52 PM Re: Dean and Teri
sheilah Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Colorado
I agree, Jude. What happened in the last few eps wasn't about what was appropriate for the subject matter. It was about a change in atmosphere between D&T that was visible even to those of us who had never heard a rumor of an affair.
Quote:
Teri found out she was pregnant with Jon's baby and wanted to put her marraige back together so no more Dean or Teri wanted to put her marraige back together and in the process became pregnant.
According to the rumors, D&T were very involved during February 1997. Jon was performing in a play in Chicago during most of the month, except for one documented appearance in LA for a movie premiere that he and Teri both attended. However, according to a FoLC who was in attendance, they arrived and departed separately. There were rumors to the effect that Teri and Jon had been living separately in different parts of their house for months, so many FoLCs who believe in the affair also believe that D&T were exclusive with each other at that time. However, if Teri had been sleeping with both Dean and Jon at the time, that would have made it difficult for her to determine who the baby's father was. Anyway, Cainiac, few FoLCs who believe in the affair feel certain enough to state unequivocably that Emerson is Jon's daughter.

One of the theories about the end of the affair is that Teri went to Dean when she found out she was pregnant, but his response showed her that he didn't trust her. FoLCs have variously speculated that he didn't believe the baby was his because they were using birth control faithfully or that he asked her for a DNA test and she exploded at that lack of trust. In any case, the general theory is that she returned to her husband since her lover wasn't standing by her.

Kind of a rough overview of it, Cainiac, but I'm sure there are other FoLCs who would be willing to share theories or rumors they've heard.

http://www.sheilaharper.com/

#114755 - 02/22/04 08:36 PM Re: Dean and Teri
newtruefan Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Massachusetts
I admit there was no chemistry between them by the time the show ended, but I prefer to believe they did not have an affair. I think they were just actors who'd lost the ability to sustain the romantic pretense after that pronlonged period.

#114756 - 02/22/04 08:56 PM Re: Dean and Teri
sheilah Offline
Lane and Kent

Affair or not, ntf, their chemistry was as potent as ever seven weeks earlier during the shooting of Meet John Doe. Rather than abruptly being unable to sustain the romantic pretense, it looks to me like they had some kind of falling out.

#114757 - 02/22/04 09:40 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Anita Offline
Lane and Kent

NTF said:
Quote:
I admit there was no chemistry between them by the time the show ended, but I prefer to believe they did not have an affair. I think they were just actors who'd lost the ability to sustain the romantic pretense after that prolonged period.
And Sheila responded:
Quote:
Affair or not, ntf, their chemistry was as potent as ever seven weeks earlier during the shooting of Meet John Doe. Rather than abruptly being unable to sustain the romantic pretense, it looks to me like they had some kind of falling out.
Iíve probably watched the series. and 4th season in particular, enough to have memorized the dialogue by now and I have to agree with Sheila. I came to the series after it was cancelled on ABC and while it was being rebroadcast on TNT. And without knowing anything about the actors or even that there was a fan club on the internet, I was convinced Dean and Teri were far more than co-workers by 4th season. It certainly was driven home to me in Battleship Earth with the fire escape scene. The emotion in that scene was as overwhelming as Iíve ever seen projected on a screen, movie or TV. And it's my opinion there was very little acting going on in that scene besides the recitation of the script. wink

It was only after I found zoomís boards that I learned that Teri was even married and that her husband was Bugboy.

I donít doubt Dean and Teri had a relationship during the series and I think the relationship probably saved Teriís sanity for a while. Why they broke up is, of course, the great mystery among some of us fans.

That there is a possibility they have retained their friendship or rekindled it since Teriís divorce proceedings is a thought that warms my heart since Iíve always felt they really were and are made for each other.

But thatís just my personal opinion.

#114758 - 02/23/04 12:02 AM Re: Dean and Teri
newtruefan Offline
Lane and Kent

Quote:
In any case, the general theory is that she returned to her husband since her lover wasn't standing by her.
I'd rather believe there was no affair.

Quote:
That there is a possibility they have retained their friendship or rekindled it since Teriís divorce proceedings is a thought that warms my heart since Iíve always felt they really were and are made for each other.
I think most of us fans feel that way, Anita. I just don't think that either one would give it a chance. But we'll always have the show (up to and including AKA Superman). goofy

#114759 - 02/23/04 01:11 AM Re: Dean and Teri
sheilah Offline
Lane and Kent

Sorry, ntf. Apparently I wasn't very clear. Re:
Quote:
In any case, the general theory is that she returned to her husband since her lover wasn't standing by her.
I was referring to a theory held by those FoLCs who believe D&T had an affair, specifically those who believe that D&T were planning to marry when the series was over and that Emerson is Dean's daughter.

#114760 - 02/23/04 03:11 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Fear Demon Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oi! Oi...
Omg, what absolute rubbish! Iím not saying your not allowed to believe such things and voice your opinions, but that goes both ways. So here is mine. Not for one second have I ever believed Dean and Teri had an affair. They are actors doing their job (very well I might add) and the rumours are tabloid reporters doing their job.
For those who believe Teri was sleeping with both Jon and Dean at the same time, you are pretty much saying she is a slut, and we all know, Teri is no such thing.
The manner in which Dean dealt with Christopherís paternity proves he wouldnít turn his back on Emerson if there were any slight chance she was his.

But this is the gossip folder, so by all means let the theories continue.
Kath: What? No it's not, Kim.
Kim: Yes it is, it's a statue of little baby cheeses.
Kath: Little baby cheeses? Oh little baby *Jesus*, Kim, *Jesus*.
[Exasperated]
Kath: Oh, Jesus.

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  ChrisP, Kismatt, widget