a triangle built for two     

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#114761 - 02/23/04 04:43 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Deb Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Stockton
Quote:
Omg, what absolute rubbish! I’m not saying your not allowed to believe such things and voice your opinions, but that goes both ways. So here is mine. Not for one second have I ever believed Dean and Teri had an affair. They are actors doing their job (very well I might add) and the rumours are tabloid reporters doing their job.
You're entitled to your opinions, but...

Well, tabloids do get their stories from life. I am of the opinion they did have an affair. Yes, they did do their job, but then real life intervened. I think there are some things we will never really know...

Quote:
For those who believe Teri was sleeping with both Jon and Dean at the same time, you are pretty much saying she is a slut, and we all know, Teri is no such thing.
And you know this how? I'm not saying Teri was a slut, your term, not mine, but how can you make these statements without knowing the people involved, and the circumstances? None of us know what really happened...

Quote:
The manner in which Dean dealt with Christopher’s paternity proves he wouldn’t turn his back on Emerson if there were any slight chance she was his.
That is only what we think might have happened. Dean and Samantha never said there were paternity tests, (as was pointed out to me in an earlier post) we just assume that is what happened.

We're all entitled to our opinions... Mine is that Dean and Teri had an affair and it ended badly. Anything after that is up to speculation.

Deb
“So, Lois Lane is falling, accelerating at an initial rate of 32 feet per second. Superman swoops down to save her by reaching out two arms of steel. Miss Lane, who is now traveling at approximately 120 miles an hour, hits them and is immediately sliced into three equal pieces.” (Big Bang Theory, Season 1, “The Big Bran Hypothesis”)

debc on IRC

#114762 - 02/23/04 07:32 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Cristy C Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Italy
I'm one who believe that Teri and Dean had an affair during the last year of the show.

It is my opinion, of course,but i can say that i
got that feeling watching their acting in the show:for me they were not simple actors who played a part, they lived really this love story.

At the time ,when i first saw this show, i didn't know anything about the two actors less than ever the rumors about their alleged affair, but the feeling that they loved really each other was very strong.
Then i found these boards and my knowledge was confirmed by what some fans were speculating.

Between the many theories about why that affair ended bitterly,there is one that for me is highly probable : when Teri found that she was pregnant of her costar she choose,and i suspect without the agreement of Dean, to come back to her husband for fear of a great scandal.
Dean could do nothing ,but accept her will.

So the two broke, in my opinion with a great pain and a lot of bitterness.

Certainly these are speculations and nobody knows the thruth.

Nevertheless this is the thruth for me wink

Quote:
That there is a possibility they have retained their friendship or rekindled it since Teri’s divorce proceedings is a thought that warms my heart since I’ve always felt they really were and are made for each other
Just my feelings Anita. smile

Cristina

#114763 - 02/23/04 08:27 AM Re: Dean and Teri
saloni25 Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Sri Lanka
After reading all these posts I thought I'll put mine too.I have to agree with Iapetus,

Quote:
The manner in which Dean dealt with Christopher’s paternity proves he wouldn’t turn his back on Emerson if there were any slight chance she was his.

Very true. I too don't think he would ever do that for a child of his.

Quote:
FoLCs have variously speculated that he didn't believe the baby was his because they were using birth control faithfully or that he asked her for a DNA test and she exploded at that lack of trust.
Even if Teri refused to take a DNA test I'm sure Dean knows well enough that he can demand a DNA test if there is a possibility of the child being his.

I just don't want to make any comments on whether or not they were romantically involved but I am pretty much sure the child isn't his.

#114764 - 02/23/04 08:31 AM Re: Dean and Teri
zoomway Offline

The Boss of Us

Loc: Swamptropolis
Quote:
Omg, what absolute rubbish!
This kind of comment is not acceptable. Disagree with someone all you like, but do not refer to them or their opinions as "rubbish," or you'll be set to no-post status.

Quote:
They are actors doing their job (very well I might add) and the rumours are tabloid reporters doing their job.
A lot of actors "doing their jobs" have ended up in affairs and even ended up married to each other. Shall I provide a list? biggrin As for tabloids, they've had a surprisingly good track record for some Dean and/or Teri gossip. They certainly knew Dean got a Playboy centerfold model pregnant long before Dean fessed up wink There were a lot of Dean fans at the time who sure didn't want to believe it and said it was just tabloid "rubbish."

There were also things that never made it to the tabloids that were a lot more gossip-worthy, but that doesn't mean we'll ever get a confession from either of them since it all seemed to end quite bitterly. Though someone who interviewed Dean for a newspaper went into it not believing there had been an affair, but changed her mind during the course of the interview.

Of course that's just someone's personal impression/observation. Not too different from the LA Times interviewer who felt Teri and Jon's "leave taking kiss" was staged for his benefit. That man didn't work for a tabloid, yet he felt their kiss was staged. That's the point. Even people who have no stake in gossip being true or false have made comments. When that happens, we discuss them here in the gossip forum.

Again, feel free to disagree with people's opinions, but avoid labeling them or their opinions. Thanks.

Zoom

#114765 - 02/24/04 11:58 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Fear Demon Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oi! Oi...
Quote:
This kind of comment is not acceptable
I'm sorry, it wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, it was just my opinion of the subject.

I could respond to others comments, but I don't want to start anything. I just felt the thread needed some differing opinions.
Kath: What? No it's not, Kim.
Kim: Yes it is, it's a statue of little baby cheeses.
Kath: Little baby cheeses? Oh little baby *Jesus*, Kim, *Jesus*.
[Exasperated]
Kath: Oh, Jesus.

#114766 - 02/24/04 03:18 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Cainiac Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Earth
I have a hard time believing that a man who is so completely devoted to his son and fought so hard to be a daily part of his life, would simply walk away from another child and not want to be a part of her life. If in fact she is his daughter.
I tend to believe that Dean and Teri had a relationship but not that it resulted in a child.
If Dean was in love with Teri and she was pregnant with his child, I doubt that he would just say " Here ya go Jon, Enjoy"

Just me 2 cents

#114767 - 02/24/04 06:39 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Anita Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Massachusetts
Quote:
For those who believe Teri was sleeping with both Jon and Dean at the same time, you are pretty much saying she is a slut, and we all know, Teri is no such thing.
I just couldn't let that quote sit there without comment. But I will adhere to Zoom's admonition and refrain from describing how annoyed I was when I read the above quote. Since I think Dean and Teri had a relationship my opinion being described that way is fatuous.

It has been my opinion that the genesis of their relationship was the result of a number of factors. There was the strong rumor of infidelity by Jon not long after they were married. It was also strongly rumored that he and Teri were living separate lives for a couple of years during the run of the show. Between Dean's breakup with Gabby and Teri's problems with Jon, I think they naturally turned to each other for support. It was during this period Dean and Teri's supposed relationship blossomed. The circumstances that ended the relationship are not known and I wouldn't hazard a guess at this point.

I happen to like Teri Hatcher and I admire her strength in coping with some severe stresses while she was in that series. She kept her personal problems out of her performance even though she was in regular counseling while filming (third season). I also admire Dean for his being there for her to lean on during that same period. I don't believe there was any right or wrong in those circumstances.

#114768 - 02/28/04 04:59 PM Re: Dean and Teri
newtruefan Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Massachusetts
RL having given me a minute, here's my last two cents:

Quote:
I happen to like Teri Hatcher and I admire her strength in coping with some severe stresses while she was in that series. She kept her personal problems out of her performance even though she was in regular counseling while filming (third season). I also admire Dean for his being there for her to lean on during that same period. I don't believe there was any right or wrong in those circumstances.
I concur. We never know what's going on in anyone's life that makes them act the way they do. Numerous studies have shown that women have affairs because they are looking for an emotional bond they are missing at home. And although I personally don't want to believe they ever had an affair I wouldn't call either one a derogatory name for turning to each other seeking love and affection if their egos had been damaged by their significant others. cool

I mean it's not like either one was looking for a 'sugar daddy' or a 'green card.' evil

Quote:
I have a hard time believing that a man who is so completely devoted to his son and fought so hard to be a daily part of his life, would simply walk away from another child and not want to be a part of her life.
Unfortunately, having lived almost 45 years, I have seen fathers (and mothers) treat the child of a wife or favored lover with utmost care and concern while the child of a discarded lover is fortunate to be allowed to occasionally get a secondary role. frown

IMHO, since the opposite of love isn't hate - it's indifference - and Dean has actively demonstrated a marked indifference to Teri in every interview since he defended her appearance to Howard Stern over three years ago...well, duh. And look at Jon's reaction to Dean: if I'd had a lover my hubby would beat the crap out of him upon sight - years later or not! goofy

I just want to know who they're dating now. biggrin

#114769 - 02/28/04 07:24 PM Re: Dean and Teri
romwriter96 Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Manitoba, Canada
Quote:
I just want to know who they're dating now.
I don't even care to know that. I just want to keep tabs on their professional life since I enjoy watching their work -- together or on their own.

Who cares whether or not they had an affair? It's nobody's business but their own.

Nancy

#114770 - 02/29/04 05:26 AM Re: Dean and Teri
zoomway Offline

The Boss of Us

Loc: Swamptropolis
Quote:
don't even care to know that. I just want to keep tabs on their professional life since I enjoy watching their work -- together or on their own. Who cares whether or not they had an affair? It's nobody's business but their own
Since this is the gossip forum, many people care. Those who only are interested in Dean's career, read the Dean forum wink

Quote:
I happen to like Teri Hatcher and I admire her strength in coping with some severe stresses while she was in that series. She kept her personal problems out of her performance even though she was in regular counseling while filming (third season). I also admire Dean for his being there for her to lean on during that same period. I don't believe there was any right or wrong in those circumstances
That's a nice sentiment, Anita. I agree with what you said. There seems to be a naivete about how things work in Hollywood and how secrets there are dealt with compared to the so-called "real world." Some secrets come out, but years after the fact. Jack Nickolson, for example, was raised believing his grandmother was his mother and his mother was his older sister. That fact was uncovered by a Time reporter doing research on the actor.

Most fascinating to me of the old Hollywood gossip, as I mentioned the other night, is the story of the illegitimate child (Judy Lewis) Loretta Young had as a result of an affair with Clark Gable when they worked together on the movie Call of the Wild (I love ironic titles). Gable was married to Maria "Ria" Franklin Printiss Lucas Langham Gable (there's a mouthful), so there was no chance for a sudden whirlwind marriage to Loretta Young.

Young was horrified. She was unmarried and pregnant and rumors had spread that she'd had an affair with Gable. When her pregnancy began to show, she went to Europe with her mother and hid out till it was close to time for her to deliver. She slipped back into LA and moved into a home that was one of her mother's rental properties on Rindge Street in Venice. However, the rumors of an affair wouldn't die and people were starting to speculate that she was pregnant (given her time away from making movies) and so Young arranged for an interview. This is in Judy Lewis' own words:

My mother and grandmother decided to grant an interview in my mother's home on Sunset Boulevard to Dorothy Manners, a reporter who had been very friendly toward the family in the past. Miss Manners was told that she could only stay for 20 minutes, on doctor's orders. On the appointed day, my mother, now almost nine months pregnant, lay in bed covered by eiderdown comforters so thick that nothing underneath could possibly be discerned. Dorothy Manners was led into the bedroom where, with all the acting skill she possessed, my mother played the role of a gallant, sick woman facing a major operation. Dorothy Manners believed every convoluted word

Young returned to Venice and the baby was delivered there on November 6, 1935. Again, from Lewis' book:

Gable was in New York City at the time. On November 18, my father returned to Los Angeles. He wanted to see me but my mother told him I wasn't in Los Angeles. But I was--in hiding in the house on Rindge Street with a nurse taking care of me. On January 23, 1936, my mother attended a big Hollywood gala. Clark Gable was also there. My mother recalled, "I looked at him across the room and suddenly felt very guilty that I had lied to him. After all, you were his child too, and he had a right to see you." Very elaborate arrangements were worked out for my father to make the trip to the house in Venice.

It was decided that Young would put her baby in the St. Elizabeth's Infant Hospital in San Francisco and then months later 'adopt' her, which she did. The child was named Judith Young (later Lewis when her mother married Tom Lewis). Judy's nurse (nanny) was instructed to put bonnets on Judy to cover her ears whenever the child went out in public (Gable was known for his big ears). "By age three, I had become vaguely aware that there must be something wrong with my ears."

At age seven she went into surgery and had her ears bobbed. She lost her "mark of Cain" as she called it, and yes, the irony of the wording wasn't lost on me wink

That was old Hollywood and the argument would be that in today's Hollywood anything goes. That actually isn't true. There still is a tendency to keep affairs secret if one (or both) of the parties involved in the affair is married.

Either way, gossip is gossip, please don't forget that. If you don't like gossip, or have a lack of interest in gossip, I recommend reading and posting elsewhere on the boards wink

Zoom

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  ChrisP, Kismatt, widget