Lois and Clark Message Board
a triangle built for two     

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#114741 - 02/19/04 12:34 AM Dean and Teri
Cainiac Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Earth
I know this is an old subject, but since I am fairly new to the board I will bring it up again.
I just finished watching the LnC eps with Jon Tenney as Ching and it got me thinking about the timeline for Dean and Teri's alledged fling.....
He (Jon) seemed to have SO much animosity towards Clark (Dean) and also Lois (Teri) in the show, much more than I thought was necessary for the character. Was he just overacting or was there a reason for his sulky behavior? Just when was the affair suppose to have happened?
I have also heard about some fans who met Dean during LnC outside his trailer and he was wearing Lois wedding ring around his neck. And speculation was made regarding why Dean would wear the ring if not on the set. So, did the visit with Dean take place at the time they were filming the New Krypton eps or another time? If they were filming those eps at that time, wouldn't it make sense for Dean to continue to wear the ring even off the set as a matter of convenience so it wouldn't be misplaced or forgotten in a scene?

I really need to get a life
rolleyes

#114742 - 02/19/04 12:46 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Lane and Kent fan Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Canada
Yes that visit outside his trailer was during the filming of the New Krypton Arc. and here's a timeline for Dean and Teri written by Zoom,

Made For Each Other
I'm answering
I'm waiting
Yes

#114743 - 02/19/04 06:23 PM Re: Dean and Teri
sheilah Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Colorado
L&C was filming the second half of the New Krypton arc (i.e. the eps with Mark Kiely, not Jon Tenney) when the LAFFers met Dean outside his trailer at the studio. Having seen how carefully the costuming department keeps track of items like rings and watches, etc., I personally don't think it makes sense for Dean to wear a costume item like a wedding ring on a chain around his neck when he was NOT in costume. Normally the wardrobe master or mistress collects all the bits of a costume just to make sure they don't get lost when an actor wears them off the set. But that's just MHO.

As to when the affair was supposed to happen, rumor places it beginning around April 1996, when the end of Season 3 was being shot. That was when rumors of fairly intimate behavior between D&T started appearing in the media (i.e. the rumors that resulted in the ET visit to the set during the shooting of the first half of the New Krypton arc). Rumor again has the affair continuing at least through February or March of 1997.

http://www.sheilaharper.com/

#114744 - 02/21/04 01:00 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Cainiac Offline
Lane and Kent

So when did the supposed affair supposedly end? frown

#114745 - 02/21/04 01:02 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Cainiac Offline
Lane and Kent

Sorry for the double post. What I meant to say was, do we know what eps were being taped when it ended or was it after the series was cancelled?

#114746 - 02/21/04 09:10 AM Re: Dean and Teri
mamie blue Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: switzerland
I've been told, that you have to look at the three last episodes, they don't share a single kiss anymore ....
it's exactly the time, when Teri got pregnant ...

Corinne

#114747 - 02/21/04 05:37 PM Re: Dean and Teri
widget Offline

Loc: USA
All I can offer is that Teri got pregnant in February, and the last 3 episodes would have been filmed in late March and early April, as the show usually wrapped by the second week of April each year.

#114748 - 02/21/04 05:46 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Cainiac Offline
Lane and Kent

I just finished watching the last three eps. I downloaded the entire series from WinMX and still haven't seen them all. So I am watching alot of these episodes for the first time. They were still smooching and intimate in "I've got you under my skin" but you're right... NO kissing in the last two eps. There was a half naked bed scene in The Family Hour but no kisses.. This is very odd since they were usually going at it like a couple of teenagers on prom night. It would have been interesting to see what a 5th season would bring.

So which theory do most people go by?

Teri found out she was pregnant with Jon's baby and wanted to put her marraige back together so no more Dean or Teri wanted to put her marraige back together and in the process became pregnant.
Or none of the above. confused

Sorry to revisit what is surely old news to most of you, but I have only recently become an obsessive fan of LnC myself and sadly have no life rolleyes

#114749 - 02/21/04 05:50 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Cainiac Offline
Lane and Kent

Quote:
All I can offer is that Teri got pregnant in February, and the last 3 episodes would have been filmed in late March and early April, as the show usually wrapped by the second week of April each year.
So if one were to speculate...
Something happened between IGYUMS and Toy Story that cooled things.

#114750 - 02/21/04 06:01 PM Re: Dean and Teri
romwriter96 Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Manitoba, Canada
Since the writers control whether or not the characters kiss, the relationship between Teri and Dean wouldn't have had that much to do with the sudden change in the level of kissing.

Things actually began cooling down about mid-season. The storyline for IGYUMS didn't require that much kissing but did feature that fantastic upside-down doozie. The storyline for Toy Story didn't provide them with an opportunity to kiss which wouldn't have looked contrived. The Family Hour was more about emotions than physical intimacy. By not kissing in favor of the tender touching, they conveyed a sense of loving concern rather than heated passion. It was definitely the right direction to go in terms of the subject matter. Clark's heartfelt speech about them being a wonderful "family of two" would have lost some of its emotion if they'd added some unnecessary smooching.

However, no matter how the writers perceived those last couple of episodes, it is also very likely that Teri was making an extra effort to cool things off in light of her pregnancy and her efforts to repair her marriage. I would think it would be a bit uncomfortable to engage in those steamy kisses while carrying another man's child.

Nancy

#114751 - 02/21/04 07:48 PM Re: Dean and Teri
J9 Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: England
Am I right in thinking that an "official" reason for the lack of kissing was that Teri had a mouth / lip infection?

Can anyone shed any light on that?

J9 smile

#114752 - 02/21/04 10:14 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Bratling Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: SW Georgia, USA
Because this is in the gossip section I can say this. evil It has yet to be proved exactly *who's* child Emerson is. We've had long discussions concerning this... for all we know, Emerson Rose could easily be Dean's child... Or Bugboy's... The timing of the pregnancy is certainly close enough to the affair...

LauraBF

#114753 - 02/22/04 12:47 AM Re: Dean and Teri
jude Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: The Evergreen State, USA
I don't have any definitive answer, but here is what I thought when I first saw the episodes. I thought there was a change in the atmosphere between Teri and Dean as early as Shadow of a Doubt, and it was obvious she was pregnant in Voice From the Past. At the time I knew nothing about rumors of an affair but was going by what I saw on the screen. The chemistry continued to erode in the ensuing episodes, as they more and more appeared to be 'acting' affaction rather than showing it. I've watched the eps many times, and I haven't changed my mind about my first impression of what was happening.

smile Jude

boogie

#114754 - 02/22/04 07:52 PM Re: Dean and Teri
sheilah Offline
Lane and Kent

I agree, Jude. What happened in the last few eps wasn't about what was appropriate for the subject matter. It was about a change in atmosphere between D&T that was visible even to those of us who had never heard a rumor of an affair.
Quote:
Teri found out she was pregnant with Jon's baby and wanted to put her marraige back together so no more Dean or Teri wanted to put her marraige back together and in the process became pregnant.
According to the rumors, D&T were very involved during February 1997. Jon was performing in a play in Chicago during most of the month, except for one documented appearance in LA for a movie premiere that he and Teri both attended. However, according to a FoLC who was in attendance, they arrived and departed separately. There were rumors to the effect that Teri and Jon had been living separately in different parts of their house for months, so many FoLCs who believe in the affair also believe that D&T were exclusive with each other at that time. However, if Teri had been sleeping with both Dean and Jon at the time, that would have made it difficult for her to determine who the baby's father was. Anyway, Cainiac, few FoLCs who believe in the affair feel certain enough to state unequivocably that Emerson is Jon's daughter.

One of the theories about the end of the affair is that Teri went to Dean when she found out she was pregnant, but his response showed her that he didn't trust her. FoLCs have variously speculated that he didn't believe the baby was his because they were using birth control faithfully or that he asked her for a DNA test and she exploded at that lack of trust. In any case, the general theory is that she returned to her husband since her lover wasn't standing by her.

Kind of a rough overview of it, Cainiac, but I'm sure there are other FoLCs who would be willing to share theories or rumors they've heard.

#114755 - 02/22/04 08:36 PM Re: Dean and Teri
newtruefan Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Massachusetts
I admit there was no chemistry between them by the time the show ended, but I prefer to believe they did not have an affair. I think they were just actors who'd lost the ability to sustain the romantic pretense after that pronlonged period.

#114756 - 02/22/04 08:56 PM Re: Dean and Teri
sheilah Offline
Lane and Kent

Affair or not, ntf, their chemistry was as potent as ever seven weeks earlier during the shooting of Meet John Doe. Rather than abruptly being unable to sustain the romantic pretense, it looks to me like they had some kind of falling out.

#114757 - 02/22/04 09:40 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Anita Offline
Lane and Kent

NTF said:
Quote:
I admit there was no chemistry between them by the time the show ended, but I prefer to believe they did not have an affair. I think they were just actors who'd lost the ability to sustain the romantic pretense after that prolonged period.
And Sheila responded:
Quote:
Affair or not, ntf, their chemistry was as potent as ever seven weeks earlier during the shooting of Meet John Doe. Rather than abruptly being unable to sustain the romantic pretense, it looks to me like they had some kind of falling out.
I’ve probably watched the series. and 4th season in particular, enough to have memorized the dialogue by now and I have to agree with Sheila. I came to the series after it was cancelled on ABC and while it was being rebroadcast on TNT. And without knowing anything about the actors or even that there was a fan club on the internet, I was convinced Dean and Teri were far more than co-workers by 4th season. It certainly was driven home to me in Battleship Earth with the fire escape scene. The emotion in that scene was as overwhelming as I’ve ever seen projected on a screen, movie or TV. And it's my opinion there was very little acting going on in that scene besides the recitation of the script. wink

It was only after I found zoom’s boards that I learned that Teri was even married and that her husband was Bugboy.

I don’t doubt Dean and Teri had a relationship during the series and I think the relationship probably saved Teri’s sanity for a while. Why they broke up is, of course, the great mystery among some of us fans.

That there is a possibility they have retained their friendship or rekindled it since Teri’s divorce proceedings is a thought that warms my heart since I’ve always felt they really were and are made for each other.

But that’s just my personal opinion.

#114758 - 02/23/04 12:02 AM Re: Dean and Teri
newtruefan Offline
Lane and Kent

Quote:
In any case, the general theory is that she returned to her husband since her lover wasn't standing by her.
I'd rather believe there was no affair.

Quote:
That there is a possibility they have retained their friendship or rekindled it since Teri’s divorce proceedings is a thought that warms my heart since I’ve always felt they really were and are made for each other.
I think most of us fans feel that way, Anita. I just don't think that either one would give it a chance. But we'll always have the show (up to and including AKA Superman). goofy

#114759 - 02/23/04 01:11 AM Re: Dean and Teri
sheilah Offline
Lane and Kent

Sorry, ntf. Apparently I wasn't very clear. Re:
Quote:
In any case, the general theory is that she returned to her husband since her lover wasn't standing by her.
I was referring to a theory held by those FoLCs who believe D&T had an affair, specifically those who believe that D&T were planning to marry when the series was over and that Emerson is Dean's daughter.

#114760 - 02/23/04 03:11 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Fear Demon Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oi! Oi...
Omg, what absolute rubbish! I’m not saying your not allowed to believe such things and voice your opinions, but that goes both ways. So here is mine. Not for one second have I ever believed Dean and Teri had an affair. They are actors doing their job (very well I might add) and the rumours are tabloid reporters doing their job.
For those who believe Teri was sleeping with both Jon and Dean at the same time, you are pretty much saying she is a slut, and we all know, Teri is no such thing.
The manner in which Dean dealt with Christopher’s paternity proves he wouldn’t turn his back on Emerson if there were any slight chance she was his.

But this is the gossip folder, so by all means let the theories continue.
Kath: What? No it's not, Kim.
Kim: Yes it is, it's a statue of little baby cheeses.
Kath: Little baby cheeses? Oh little baby *Jesus*, Kim, *Jesus*.
[Exasperated]
Kath: Oh, Jesus.

#114761 - 02/23/04 04:43 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Deb Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Stockton
Quote:
Omg, what absolute rubbish! I’m not saying your not allowed to believe such things and voice your opinions, but that goes both ways. So here is mine. Not for one second have I ever believed Dean and Teri had an affair. They are actors doing their job (very well I might add) and the rumours are tabloid reporters doing their job.
You're entitled to your opinions, but...

Well, tabloids do get their stories from life. I am of the opinion they did have an affair. Yes, they did do their job, but then real life intervened. I think there are some things we will never really know...

Quote:
For those who believe Teri was sleeping with both Jon and Dean at the same time, you are pretty much saying she is a slut, and we all know, Teri is no such thing.
And you know this how? I'm not saying Teri was a slut, your term, not mine, but how can you make these statements without knowing the people involved, and the circumstances? None of us know what really happened...

Quote:
The manner in which Dean dealt with Christopher’s paternity proves he wouldn’t turn his back on Emerson if there were any slight chance she was his.
That is only what we think might have happened. Dean and Samantha never said there were paternity tests, (as was pointed out to me in an earlier post) we just assume that is what happened.

We're all entitled to our opinions... Mine is that Dean and Teri had an affair and it ended badly. Anything after that is up to speculation.

Deb
“So, Lois Lane is falling, accelerating at an initial rate of 32 feet per second. Superman swoops down to save her by reaching out two arms of steel. Miss Lane, who is now traveling at approximately 120 miles an hour, hits them and is immediately sliced into three equal pieces.” (Big Bang Theory, Season 1, “The Big Bran Hypothesis”)

debc on IRC

#114762 - 02/23/04 07:32 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Cristy C Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Italy
I'm one who believe that Teri and Dean had an affair during the last year of the show.

It is my opinion, of course,but i can say that i
got that feeling watching their acting in the show:for me they were not simple actors who played a part, they lived really this love story.

At the time ,when i first saw this show, i didn't know anything about the two actors less than ever the rumors about their alleged affair, but the feeling that they loved really each other was very strong.
Then i found these boards and my knowledge was confirmed by what some fans were speculating.

Between the many theories about why that affair ended bitterly,there is one that for me is highly probable : when Teri found that she was pregnant of her costar she choose,and i suspect without the agreement of Dean, to come back to her husband for fear of a great scandal.
Dean could do nothing ,but accept her will.

So the two broke, in my opinion with a great pain and a lot of bitterness.

Certainly these are speculations and nobody knows the thruth.

Nevertheless this is the thruth for me wink

Quote:
That there is a possibility they have retained their friendship or rekindled it since Teri’s divorce proceedings is a thought that warms my heart since I’ve always felt they really were and are made for each other
Just my feelings Anita. smile

Cristina

#114763 - 02/23/04 08:27 AM Re: Dean and Teri
saloni25 Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Sri Lanka
After reading all these posts I thought I'll put mine too.I have to agree with Iapetus,

Quote:

Very true. I too don't think he would ever do that for a child of his.

Quote:
FoLCs have variously speculated that he didn't believe the baby was his because they were using birth control faithfully or that he asked her for a DNA test and she exploded at that lack of trust.
Even if Teri refused to take a DNA test I'm sure Dean knows well enough that he can demand a DNA test if there is a possibility of the child being his.

I just don't want to make any comments on whether or not they were romantically involved but I am pretty much sure the child isn't his.

#114764 - 02/23/04 08:31 AM Re: Dean and Teri
zoomway Offline

The Boss of Us

Loc: Swamptropolis
Quote:
Omg, what absolute rubbish!
This kind of comment is not acceptable. Disagree with someone all you like, but do not refer to them or their opinions as "rubbish," or you'll be set to no-post status.

Quote:
They are actors doing their job (very well I might add) and the rumours are tabloid reporters doing their job.
A lot of actors "doing their jobs" have ended up in affairs and even ended up married to each other. Shall I provide a list? biggrin As for tabloids, they've had a surprisingly good track record for some Dean and/or Teri gossip. They certainly knew Dean got a Playboy centerfold model pregnant long before Dean fessed up wink There were a lot of Dean fans at the time who sure didn't want to believe it and said it was just tabloid "rubbish."

There were also things that never made it to the tabloids that were a lot more gossip-worthy, but that doesn't mean we'll ever get a confession from either of them since it all seemed to end quite bitterly. Though someone who interviewed Dean for a newspaper went into it not believing there had been an affair, but changed her mind during the course of the interview.

Of course that's just someone's personal impression/observation. Not too different from the LA Times interviewer who felt Teri and Jon's "leave taking kiss" was staged for his benefit. That man didn't work for a tabloid, yet he felt their kiss was staged. That's the point. Even people who have no stake in gossip being true or false have made comments. When that happens, we discuss them here in the gossip forum.

Again, feel free to disagree with people's opinions, but avoid labeling them or their opinions. Thanks.

Zoom

#114765 - 02/24/04 11:58 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Fear Demon Offline
Lane and Kent

Quote:
This kind of comment is not acceptable
I'm sorry, it wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, it was just my opinion of the subject.

I could respond to others comments, but I don't want to start anything. I just felt the thread needed some differing opinions.
[Exasperated]

#114766 - 02/24/04 03:18 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Cainiac Offline
Lane and Kent

I have a hard time believing that a man who is so completely devoted to his son and fought so hard to be a daily part of his life, would simply walk away from another child and not want to be a part of her life. If in fact she is his daughter.
I tend to believe that Dean and Teri had a relationship but not that it resulted in a child.
If Dean was in love with Teri and she was pregnant with his child, I doubt that he would just say " Here ya go Jon, Enjoy"

Just me 2 cents

#114767 - 02/24/04 06:39 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Anita Offline
Lane and Kent

Quote:
I just couldn't let that quote sit there without comment. But I will adhere to Zoom's admonition and refrain from describing how annoyed I was when I read the above quote. Since I think Dean and Teri had a relationship my opinion being described that way is fatuous.

It has been my opinion that the genesis of their relationship was the result of a number of factors. There was the strong rumor of infidelity by Jon not long after they were married. It was also strongly rumored that he and Teri were living separate lives for a couple of years during the run of the show. Between Dean's breakup with Gabby and Teri's problems with Jon, I think they naturally turned to each other for support. It was during this period Dean and Teri's supposed relationship blossomed. The circumstances that ended the relationship are not known and I wouldn't hazard a guess at this point.

I happen to like Teri Hatcher and I admire her strength in coping with some severe stresses while she was in that series. She kept her personal problems out of her performance even though she was in regular counseling while filming (third season). I also admire Dean for his being there for her to lean on during that same period. I don't believe there was any right or wrong in those circumstances.

#114768 - 02/28/04 04:59 PM Re: Dean and Teri
newtruefan Offline
Lane and Kent

RL having given me a minute, here's my last two cents:

Quote:
I happen to like Teri Hatcher and I admire her strength in coping with some severe stresses while she was in that series. She kept her personal problems out of her performance even though she was in regular counseling while filming (third season). I also admire Dean for his being there for her to lean on during that same period. I don't believe there was any right or wrong in those circumstances.
I concur. We never know what's going on in anyone's life that makes them act the way they do. Numerous studies have shown that women have affairs because they are looking for an emotional bond they are missing at home. And although I personally don't want to believe they ever had an affair I wouldn't call either one a derogatory name for turning to each other seeking love and affection if their egos had been damaged by their significant others. cool

I mean it's not like either one was looking for a 'sugar daddy' or a 'green card.' evil

Quote:
I have a hard time believing that a man who is so completely devoted to his son and fought so hard to be a daily part of his life, would simply walk away from another child and not want to be a part of her life.
Unfortunately, having lived almost 45 years, I have seen fathers (and mothers) treat the child of a wife or favored lover with utmost care and concern while the child of a discarded lover is fortunate to be allowed to occasionally get a secondary role. frown

IMHO, since the opposite of love isn't hate - it's indifference - and Dean has actively demonstrated a marked indifference to Teri in every interview since he defended her appearance to Howard Stern over three years ago...well, duh. And look at Jon's reaction to Dean: if I'd had a lover my hubby would beat the crap out of him upon sight - years later or not! goofy

I just want to know who they're dating now. biggrin

#114769 - 02/28/04 07:24 PM Re: Dean and Teri
romwriter96 Offline
Lane and Kent

Quote:
I just want to know who they're dating now.
I don't even care to know that. I just want to keep tabs on their professional life since I enjoy watching their work -- together or on their own.

Who cares whether or not they had an affair? It's nobody's business but their own.

Nancy

#114770 - 02/29/04 05:26 AM Re: Dean and Teri
zoomway Offline

The Boss of Us

Quote:
don't even care to know that. I just want to keep tabs on their professional life since I enjoy watching their work -- together or on their own. Who cares whether or not they had an affair? It's nobody's business but their own
Since this is the gossip forum, many people care. Those who only are interested in Dean's career, read the Dean forum wink

Quote:
I happen to like Teri Hatcher and I admire her strength in coping with some severe stresses while she was in that series. She kept her personal problems out of her performance even though she was in regular counseling while filming (third season). I also admire Dean for his being there for her to lean on during that same period. I don't believe there was any right or wrong in those circumstances
That's a nice sentiment, Anita. I agree with what you said. There seems to be a naivete about how things work in Hollywood and how secrets there are dealt with compared to the so-called "real world." Some secrets come out, but years after the fact. Jack Nickolson, for example, was raised believing his grandmother was his mother and his mother was his older sister. That fact was uncovered by a Time reporter doing research on the actor.

Most fascinating to me of the old Hollywood gossip, as I mentioned the other night, is the story of the illegitimate child (Judy Lewis) Loretta Young had as a result of an affair with Clark Gable when they worked together on the movie Call of the Wild (I love ironic titles). Gable was married to Maria "Ria" Franklin Printiss Lucas Langham Gable (there's a mouthful), so there was no chance for a sudden whirlwind marriage to Loretta Young.

Young was horrified. She was unmarried and pregnant and rumors had spread that she'd had an affair with Gable. When her pregnancy began to show, she went to Europe with her mother and hid out till it was close to time for her to deliver. She slipped back into LA and moved into a home that was one of her mother's rental properties on Rindge Street in Venice. However, the rumors of an affair wouldn't die and people were starting to speculate that she was pregnant (given her time away from making movies) and so Young arranged for an interview. This is in Judy Lewis' own words:

My mother and grandmother decided to grant an interview in my mother's home on Sunset Boulevard to Dorothy Manners, a reporter who had been very friendly toward the family in the past. Miss Manners was told that she could only stay for 20 minutes, on doctor's orders. On the appointed day, my mother, now almost nine months pregnant, lay in bed covered by eiderdown comforters so thick that nothing underneath could possibly be discerned. Dorothy Manners was led into the bedroom where, with all the acting skill she possessed, my mother played the role of a gallant, sick woman facing a major operation. Dorothy Manners believed every convoluted word

Young returned to Venice and the baby was delivered there on November 6, 1935. Again, from Lewis' book:

Gable was in New York City at the time. On November 18, my father returned to Los Angeles. He wanted to see me but my mother told him I wasn't in Los Angeles. But I was--in hiding in the house on Rindge Street with a nurse taking care of me. On January 23, 1936, my mother attended a big Hollywood gala. Clark Gable was also there. My mother recalled, "I looked at him across the room and suddenly felt very guilty that I had lied to him. After all, you were his child too, and he had a right to see you." Very elaborate arrangements were worked out for my father to make the trip to the house in Venice.

It was decided that Young would put her baby in the St. Elizabeth's Infant Hospital in San Francisco and then months later 'adopt' her, which she did. The child was named Judith Young (later Lewis when her mother married Tom Lewis). Judy's nurse (nanny) was instructed to put bonnets on Judy to cover her ears whenever the child went out in public (Gable was known for his big ears). "By age three, I had become vaguely aware that there must be something wrong with my ears."

At age seven she went into surgery and had her ears bobbed. She lost her "mark of Cain" as she called it, and yes, the irony of the wording wasn't lost on me wink

That was old Hollywood and the argument would be that in today's Hollywood anything goes. That actually isn't true. There still is a tendency to keep affairs secret if one (or both) of the parties involved in the affair is married.

Either way, gossip is gossip, please don't forget that. If you don't like gossip, or have a lack of interest in gossip, I recommend reading and posting elsewhere on the boards wink

Zoom

#114771 - 03/07/04 04:13 PM Re: Dean and Teri
mamie blue Offline
Lane and Kent

romwriter/Nancy wrote:
Quote:
Since the writers control whether or not the characters kiss, the relationship between Teri and Dean wouldn't have had that much to do with the sudden change in the level of kissing.
well, I just checked the script - yes biggrin - and there are at least two (goodbye-) kisses written in toy story: !!!

and in family hour I found these (actually a lot biggrin ):

first kiss is after Clark tells Lois, that Dr. Klein found out, that humans and Superman are not "compatible" : well, it's such a nice scene, here it is:

CLARK: ...But he said my biology and yours are... just incompatible for reproduction.

Tears well up in her eyes. Clark holds her.

LOIS:Oh. Oh...

CLARK: I swore to myself I'd never make you cry. I so much didn't want to.

LOIS: I feel so confused; losing something I never really had.

CLARK: We haven't lost anything.

LOIS: You're trying to make it better for me. Like you do with everything. And it's so sweet, but I know what you're giving up.

CLARK: Lois, I want you to hear me. Really hear me.Okay?

LOIS: I'll try.

CLARK: Every time we make love, we make...love. And that's the strongest life force there is. Whether or not it results in another little person, for me it is creation.

LOIS:(not sure)Clark...

CLARK: You fill me with life.

He kisses her,...

next kiss biggrin

LOIS: I also don't think Mother remembers why she was mad at Daddy.

CLARK: Apparently not.I caught 'em kissing on the terrace.
They grin, a quick kiss

and another scene:

Lois: I'm sorry Daddy couldn't find anything wrong with the Star Labs data. He doubts there's a way we can have kids.

CLARK: But Lois... I've never for a minute doubted in us. We live the impossible. A child... is something brought about by love, isn't it? Then that, of all things, has to be possible for us.

She looks at him for a moment, very moved, and then a deep kiss.

well ... I think that's enough evidence/ proof...

actually frown Corinne

#114772 - 03/07/04 04:39 PM Re: Dean and Teri
newtruefan Offline
Lane and Kent

Gee whiz! eek

You guys keep disrupting my beliefs with facts . It's getting harder and harder to stay so blind. wink

#114773 - 03/07/04 06:40 PM Re: Dean and Teri
widget Offline

Quote:
You guys keep disrupting my beliefs with facts . It's getting harder and harder to stay so blind.
lol

#114774 - 03/09/04 05:27 AM Re: Dean and Teri
saloni25 Offline
Lane and Kent

I just read Zooms post on Feb-29 about Judy Lews and felt like I was reading a page from "Bold and the beautiful" lol

#114775 - 03/09/04 04:50 PM Re: Dean and Teri
lois13270 Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Germany
Quote:
well, I just checked the script - yes - and there are at least two (goodbye-) kisses written in toy story: !!!

and in family hour I found these (actually a lot)
Uh.... blush I've always known, there had been kisses intend in the last scripts of season 4, but our beloved couple decided, to delete them

Petra

#114776 - 03/09/04 06:34 PM Re: Dean and Teri
romwriter96 Offline
Lane and Kent

I was the one who first suggested that maybe there weren't any kisses written into the script -- especially since writers get very testy about messing with their scripts.

Now that I see there were actual smoochies in the script, I'm actually disappointed to see that Teri and Dean couldn't get past their personal issues to do the scene as written. I'd have expected them to be more professional than that. However, maybe they tried and the chemistry was soooo off that the director changed the scene. I guess we'll never know for sure.

Nancy

#114777 - 03/10/04 01:11 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Laurach Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: NY
Believe what you will but Teri was engaged to Jon and on the set often acording to Dean, who on Howard Stern told the world to set the record straight that he never did sleep with Teri Hatcher. Now maybe you think he is a liar. He has also stated that he is not a cheater. He has also said he only dates single women. I don't think he likes the speculation here and maybe that is why he emphasises that he is not a cheat and does not date married women. Anyway, I believe him. I know most people on these boards think he is a liar. I think they had on screen chemistry, but he doesn't even seem to be friends with her at this point. He has stayed friends with many of his X's, why isn't he friends with Teri? Look back at interviews when ever he is asked does he miss the show and did he get along with her. He usually says something like the hours were brutal and when you are with someone 16 hours a day.... Anyway, it doesn't sound as if they had much of a relationship or friendship outside of the show. He did however say that she was a good kisser. Believe what you will. Laura

#114778 - 03/10/04 04:09 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Judy Jetson Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Tampa, FL
Bravo Laura. I totally agree with everything you said. I've never believed that Dean and Teri had an affair either. Dean values trust and honesty in a relationship. From everything I've ever heard about him, he's a traditional guy with traditional values who believes in the sanctity of marriage. He's totally not the type of guy to date a married woman. Besides, he can have his pick of beautiful, single women.

I agree that he and Teri had great chemestry in Lois & Clark, but they were acting in a TV show, and it was their job to make people believe that they were in love (on the show).

#114779 - 03/10/04 04:12 AM Re: Dean and Teri
ashleigh Offline
Lane and Kent

Quote:
Teri was engaged to Jon
didnt she and jon get married first season confused

#114780 - 03/10/04 06:33 AM Re: Dean and Teri
mamie blue Offline
Lane and Kent

well Laura, since you wrote so decided, I have to answer wink
believe what you want... wink
but I cannot imagine any man and woman, who work together so much and don't have feelings for each other - I saw so many situations (downloads from you all folcs, thanks again!!)where they laugh, look at each other in a special way, touch each other - I think, a long time there was only this chemistry (and a lot of thunder and lighning in the air wink ), but there has to be only one weak moment, and I think it is prooven that Teri had a hard time in her marriage, and such a friendship can float into a love affair. I'm not saying, they did have an intimate relationship, but I'm sure, there were feelings, more than friendship. And as to the changed scripts, for me it is obvicious, that there was something going ... wrong...
And than I think it is very strange, that after this time, where they worked together every day 14 hours (blablabla smile )they didn't ever!! meet deliberatly again ... that is for me a sign, that there was something that did hurt between them...

Thats only my opinion - and I don't know, if i have written in english, what I really wanted to say wink - but as said before - everyone has to believe what he wants to smile

Corinne

#114781 - 03/10/04 07:32 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Cristy C Offline
Lane and Kent

Quote:
who on Howard Stern told the world to set the record straight that he never did sleep with Teri Hatcher. Now maybe you think he is a liar
And what do you expected Laura?
That after years of denials,even if true, how i believe, he answered on Stern: yes i do .
Teri was at time still married, so i don't call his a lie, but a way to keep a secret , which could damage more persons, in my opinion.

In this case, when you have to protect the life of other persons, i think that a lie has a lot of extenuating circumstances.

A gentleman denied this kind of secret.
So , for me, the answer of Dean on Stern, doesn't be authoritative, but i don't blame him for this.
Everyone is entitled to believe or not in the alleged affair, but,i my opinion, it is a little naif to take the words of Dean like a proof.

Quote:
And as to the changed scripts, for me it is obvicious, that there was something going ... wrong...
And than I think it is very strange , that after this time, where they worked together every day 14 hours (blablabla )they didn't ever meet deliberatly again ... that is for me a sign, that there was something that did hurt between them...
I agree with you.
Given that i believe that they had a relationship during the last year of the show,i think that something very wrong happened between the two, that brought to a painful break-up and,consequently influenced their behaviour, during the last episodes of the show and after this ended.

I like resume the odd in this way :
No more kisses,(in the show) never, for years, in the same place at the same time at least in public. wink

Nevertheless, i would hope that they have privately rekindled their friendship.

Just my thoughts and nothing more. smile

Cristina

#114782 - 03/10/04 12:52 PM Re: Dean and Teri
romwriter96 Offline
Lane and Kent

Laura, thanks for echoing my sentiments. I also don't believe they had an ongoing, emotional relationshp. There may have been a few moments of comfort (from a friend) but I don't think there was a relationship the may/could have resulted in either a child or feelings so bad that they can't stand each other any longer.

Perhaps the chemistry wasn't working in those last few episodes because of Teri's commitment to rekindle her marriage in light of her pregnancy.

The nice thing about this gossip board is that it allows us to express our opinions.

Nancy

#114783 - 03/10/04 03:41 PM Re: Dean and Teri
mamie blue Offline
Lane and Kent

I had to smile, when I read these last comments ... I think our opinion has a lot to do with our own feelings and how we look at life. For me, I love dramatical events ... !?

love Corinne wink

#114784 - 03/10/04 07:23 PM Re: Dean and Teri
zoomway Offline

The Boss of Us

Quote:
had to smile, when I read these last comments ... I think our opinion has a lot to do with our own feelings and how we look at life. For me, I love dramatical events ... !?
Great point and not only that, but some fans imprint their own moral views and personal tastes on Dean (or Teri). There's a couple of fans who dislike Teri and so don't want the gossip to be true. They disapprove of Teri, so Dean should disapprove of Teri because they do biggrin

As for Dean "staying friends" with his exes, that's not true either. He certainly isn't friends with Pam Anderson, for one, and the hostility seems to be mutual. In fact, not staying on friendly, or at least amicable terms with Teri, if she were only a coworker to him, would be strange. On the other hand, if they'd had an affair that went sour, sure, I can see them not being friendly in the least.

Also, there's a big difference between labeling Dean a liar (never telling the truth) and simply saying he's capable of lying occasionally. Is there anyone, maybe aside from the Pope, who doesn't occasionally lie, or at least bend the truth? I know some have Dean on a pedestal, but Dean's as capable of lying as any other mortal human. I sure don't confuse him with Superman no matter how good he looked in the tights biggrin

We also reach a point of asking if falling in love with a married woman is better or worse than having a child out of wedlock as the result of a strictly sexual, nonromantic relationship? Even Dean said "I've always wanted children, but not like this."

Some might judge Dean and/or Teri harshly if it turned out to be true that they'd had a romantic relationship. Just as some Dean fans departed when the gossip that he'd fathered a child out of wedlock turned out to be true, a couple of fans might split if the affair turned out to be true, but the majority would remain. That's showbiz wink

Zoom

#114785 - 03/10/04 08:33 PM Re: Dean and Teri
romwriter96 Offline
Lane and Kent

You make some really good points, Zoom. While I still am not convinced of a full-blown affair, there was certainly an opportunity for "comfort". I hold neither of them in contempt for whatever happened, during their years co-starring together or in their personal lives since. Heaven knows I've made my share of mistakes and have no reason to cast a stone of any sort.

As for some of his fans deserting him after Sam got pregnant, then they weren't fans at all. Fans appreciate his work (both good and bad). It's a shame the deserters aren't around now to see what a great dad he's become.

Nancy

#114786 - 03/10/04 09:49 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Cainiac Offline
Lane and Kent

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Am I right in thinking that an "official" reason for the lack of kissing was that Teri had a mouth / lip infection?
Anyone? Anyone? biggrin

#114787 - 03/10/04 11:19 PM Re: Dean and Teri
newtruefan Offline
Lane and Kent

Quote:
a couple of fans might split if the affair turned out to be true, but the majority would remain
I wouldn't care. They're both accomplished actors in front of the camera and great parents in real life - I respect them both.

#114788 - 03/11/04 12:24 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Judy Jetson Offline
Lane and Kent

Quote:
but some fans imprint their own moral views and personal tastes on Dean (or Teri).
Maybe to an extent, but you can tell a lot about Dean's personality by his interviews and things he's done in his real life. I'm not just "imprinting my values" when I say that from everything I've seen or read or heard "Dean is "a traditional guy with traditional values."

1. When Dean proposed to Mindy McCready with a twisty tie from a bread bag, Bridget Byrne from E News reported .."It seems Cain hasn't yet splurged for the traditional diamond set in a gold band. Nope. Instead, he's given his beloved a green twist-tie, yanked off a bag of bread. "I'm a very formal, traditional guy ," Cain tells USA Today. "I know exactly what I'm going to get her, but I didn't want to wait for the ring. I took my next available option." Good thing they weren't eating donuts.

2. When Teri was carrying a big birthday cake to celebrate Dean's birthday on the set of L&C, she said something like "this is heavy," and Dean immediately went took the cake and carried it for her. That action just gives you a glimpse of Dean's chivalrous nature.

3. When Dean was on The View one time, he said something like he would pay for a date if he takes a woman out, even if she made more money than he did. He also said he would open the door for a woman. "Not because I don't think she can do it herself, but I would just do that for her." That again gives you a glimpse of Dean's chivalrous nature and traditional values. It tells me that he thinks the man should be the provider and that he should take care of the woman.

4. In the 1995 Yolk Interview, Dean was asked "When you're 65, what do you picture yourself doing, if you're doing anything -"

DEAN : Sitting on my ass.

YOLK : (laughs)

DEAN : Big family. I'll have a large amount of land, big house, very comfortable. I'll probably be golfing, raising my kids still, helping them out with their businesses and sort of… living, you know ? Just living life and traveling with my wife. For me, that's going to be so much fun. I'll probably still be working to a degree, just not nearly as hard. And the projects that I'll work on will mean a hell lot more to me.

......To me, those sound like pretty traditional values .. a nice house, wife, kids, traveling, working, etc ..

The next examples aren't necessarily about "traditional values," but here are more glimpses of Dean's personality.

5. You can tell how much Dean loves animals (especially dogs), just by the fact that he has 3 dogs of his own, and he once said in an interview that he "would never date a woman who doesn't like dogs. The thought is mind-bogglilng to me ..."

6. You can tell how much he loves his son, Christopher, just by the amount of quality time he spends with him and the fact that he takes care of his son by himself instead of hiring a nanny. There are always photos of Dean and Christopher at the park or in the swimming pool or at the beach or just coming out of Starbucks carrying a frapaccino or out of Ben and Jerry's with an ice cream cone, etc. Some celebrities say they love their kids, but the kids are raised by nannies, sent away to boarding schools, and never get to spend the quality time with their parents that Dean shares with Christopher. In Dean's case, pictures and actions are worth more than a thousand words.

7. Just the fact that Dean hesitated about playing the part of Scott Peterson and initially turned down the part, also says something about his personality. To me, it means that he felt uneasy and kind of creepy playing the role of an alleged killer, even for a movie role. He said something to the effect that he was "happy to shed that skin" once the filming was over. Personally, I would feel the same way, but some actors might just think of it as a role and not give it a second thought. Again, it all comes down to personality.

8. The fact that Dean has the Japanese character for his birth name, Tanaka, tatooed on his ankle and the fact that he named his production company "Angry Dragon" tells me that he still values his Japanese heritage, even though he doesn't have contact with his biological father.

9. The fact that he always says that his dad, Chris Cain is his hero and his role model, and the fact that he named his son after his dad, tells you how much he loves his dad.

10. The fact that he went to Princeton and turned down 17 athletic scholarships tells me that he wanted a quality education and values education over athletics.

...You get the point. I could think of many more examples, (maybe even better ones than these), but my point is that Dean's interviews and actions do give an insight into his personality. It's not just a matter of just "imprinting my values."

#114789 - 03/11/04 02:42 AM Re: Dean and Teri
star_dup1 Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: U.K
Hey all…. Here are my two cents on this matter….

Firstly, I personally don’t know whether or not Teri and Dean have had an affair, nobody really knows the truth aside from the two of them. However, all the facts that have been presented by various people DO point to them being romantically involved at one point or another.

I personally believe, that had the circumstances been different i.e. Teri leaving Jon when she should have, Teri and Dean would make a great couple, and that they would actually last. Being devoted parents is an instinct they have both proven to possess, as well as understanding the rigorous profession they are both in, therefore I should imagine would be completely supportive of each other.
Unfortunately though, something came between them that created feelings of not hatred, but I think feelings of pain. I think that they both hurt each other somewhere along the line and they just can’t seem to be able to get past it.

I’d like to see Teri and Dean get together, but somehow I think it’s highly unlikely, as one of them has to make the first move, but I don’t see either of them doing it, as stubbornness seems to be a gift they both possess equally.

If Teri and Dean DID have an affair, and as I said before, all the facts seem to be pointing in that direction, they will never publicly admit it for a million reasons. And if Teri and Dean Do ever get romantically involved in the future, I still don’t think they would admit to having a passed relationship, I mean would you if you were in their shoes? Highly unlikely.

Star

#114790 - 03/11/04 02:52 AM Re: Dean and Teri
ashleigh Offline
Lane and Kent

i personally dont think that if dean and teri had a relationship that he would have gone on howard sterns show and admitted it if they had an agreement not to reveal it, so he would only be left with the option of denying it.

#114791 - 03/11/04 03:28 AM Re: Dean and Teri
saloni25 Offline
Lane and Kent

Can someone please direct me to a place where I can read this Howard Stern Interview I don't remember reading that.And the way it pop-up all the time I feel like I've missed the most important interview of his frown thanks in advance.

#114792 - 03/11/04 11:43 AM Re: Dean and Teri
WandaD Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: West Palm Beach
amac transcribed the entire interview at one point, but after an extensive search I wasn't able to locate it. You might shoot her an e-mail. Below is a link to the radio interview if you want to download it.

http://www.zoomway.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001241#000000

#114793 - 03/11/04 12:00 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Cristy C Offline
Lane and Kent

The transcript made by Amac of the Dean's Stern interview is in "Bluetights Cafe."It is six parts.

Go to: web page

You need the password, the same for have access to Nfanfic.

Cristina smile

#114794 - 03/11/04 02:36 PM Re: Dean and Teri
amac Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Boston
Wanda, Wanda. Where did I go wrong? Have I taught you nothing about searching? roadkill

Once you are in the Bluetights Cafe and have finished reading all the distracting posts and pictures wink go to the search function and enter Stern in the Search Words window and 49 in the Search By Registered Member Number window. That should narrow it down for you.

Hope this helps.

#114795 - 03/11/04 04:08 PM Re: Dean and Teri
WandaD Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: West Palm Beach
Listen, smarty biggrin I'm familiar with how to use the search function and made the attempt - both through your member number and by subject. My error was in not searching the correct folder. I thought you would've posted it in either Dean or Gossip. I belatedly remembered that you chose to place it in a password protected folder because much of it (most of it) was so filthy. Sheesh.

#114796 - 03/11/04 04:35 PM Re: Dean and Teri
amac Offline
Lane and Kent

party

#114797 - 03/11/04 06:59 PM Re: Dean and Teri
thfan Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Southampton, UK
A more accessible article is the GetSingapore one, here’s the transcript a while after the show ended:

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/5552/texts/getsingapore.txt

There, he was asked whether he was having an affair with TH and answered (probably quite truthfully, that he was not). goofy

#114798 - 03/11/04 08:01 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Kamaile Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: northern california
Quote:
Though someone who interviewed Dean for a newspaper went into it not believing there had been an affair, but changed her mind during the course of the interview
Just curious but is this the same interview thfan just posted a link to?

#114799 - 03/12/04 03:33 AM Re: Dean and Teri
saloni25 Offline
Lane and Kent

Thanks everyone for trying to help me out but I still couldn't make it frown I cannot download the radio interview and also I don't have access to Bluetight Cafe frown Oh,how I wish I could visit that famous cafe but unfortunatly I have only a yahoo mail and that's not allowed to get a pass word. So I guess I'll have to be satisfied with what I see in the Dean and Gossip boards :grumble: Thanks again wave

#114800 - 03/12/04 11:09 AM Re: Dean and Teri
amac Offline
Lane and Kent

Hi Saloni -

If you'd like to read the Stern transcripts I will be happy to send them to you. Let me know.

By the way, I think you should talk to Zoom about the email/password issue. Sounds strange to me.

amac

#114801 - 03/17/04 09:54 AM Re: Dean and Teri
saloni25 Offline
Lane and Kent

amac,
I'd be very grateful to you if you could send it.
my e-mail is kushperera@yahoo.com

I really don't know what went wrong with the bluetight cafe password confused I was told that I have to request a password by a genuine ISP or EDU account confused but I have only a yahoo mail frown

but thank you so much for offering to send me the stern interview clap

#114802 - 03/18/04 01:06 PM Re: Dean and Teri
John Offline
Timelord

Loc: Boston, USA
Quote:
Well, tabloids do get their stories from life. I am of the opinion they did have an affair. Yes, they did do their job, but then real life intervened. I think there are some things we will never really know...
Anything seen by the tabloids can be assumed to
be a relationship. As a matter of fact, I do
agree that they both were in a relationship - its
called friendship.

If the viewers were able to see the sparks fly
and the hormones rage on the set of LnC then I
think that is high praise. They were both paid
to act and make the viewer think that they were
involved (At least during parts of the series).

But with gossip as you know.. Unless we were
there we may never get the truth of the matter.
BBM : 7913FE23
--
Perry: "I love the smell of fear in the newsroom."
Lane Smith 4/29/36 - 6/13/05
--

#114803 - 03/21/04 06:32 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Cainiac Offline
Lane and Kent

Quote:
H: And you seem to be like a really nice guy. Everything I've heard about you is that you're a nice guy. But I heard, through many sources, how much you hated Teri Hatcher during Lois and Clark. I mean, you guys did not get along at all.
R: What was going on? Was there some animosity?
D: Well, I think when you work, when you work so, so many hours with somebody every day, you know, eighteen hours a day, very high stress conditions, you know, there can be a little bit of ah, grating. But she, you know, we got along (pause) fine.
(incredulous laughter)
H: Oh boy.
H: No, you didn't.
R: I'm hearing a little undercurrent.
H: I heard one story. I'll give you a story I heard. Tell me if it's true or false. The producers or somebody, they all loved you on the show. You always knew your lines,
D: That's uh ...
H: You always, you know, you came in there. You were a pro. They gave you a bottle of champagne. Teri didn't get a bottle of champagne. She freaked out that you got a bottle of champagne and she didn't get a bottle of champagne. And she had to have a bottle of champagne. It was that kind of thing; *** for tat.
(plays tape of a woman screaming)
D: There was a little bit of ti* for tat going on sometimes.
H: Right, right. And I heard that you made sure they didn't get her a more expensive bottle of champagne than you got.
R: Oh my goodness, how petty can you get?
H: Well, because he was pissed. It's like, "What? I can't have something on my own?" Is that your point?
D: (laughing) Well, uh, you know sometimes when you work eighteen hours a day with somebody ...
I was just reading the Howard Stern interview for the first time and it seems to me from the above quotes that Dean and Teri didn't get along. Dean all but confirms it by what he doesn't say

#114804 - 03/22/04 01:02 AM Re: Dean and Teri
widget Offline

Quote:
it seems to me from the above quotes that Dean and Teri didn't get along
They sure looked to me like they got along in the GMA wildfeed from September 1995. Touching, whispering, Teri asking Dean about her breasts biggrin

#114805 - 03/22/04 07:30 AM Re: Dean and Teri
zoomway Offline

The Boss of Us

Quote:
They sure looked to me like they got along in the GMA wildfeed from September 1995. Touching, whispering, Teri asking Dean about her breasts
Well, you know me, any excuse to post pictures goofy

I do have to apologize for the quality. I taped the satellite feed from my bedroom VCR and, quite frankly, it sucks wink

Teri kept messing with her blouse as she looked in the monitor. She finally turned to Dean and asked, "Do my breasts look saggy to you?"

Dean, being the helpful guy that he is, scoped them out for her.

He reminded her that people can pick up satellite feeds. She said, "I know, why else would I be touching myself on TV?"

Later, since "let it go," means no more to Teri than it did to Lois, she whispered to Dean and pointed out the shadow under her breasts.

So, he and Teri looked into the monitor together and he assured her nothing was wrong.

Anyway, it was a cute "behind the scenes" kind of look at them. They really are funny together. Teri and Dean had earpieces in and could hear Good Morning American going on and Teri heard something about urination problems. She said, "I did not get up at three in the morning to hear about urination, I'm sorry." Dean said, "Whose nation?" (baroom ching!)

A man off camera said that he heard from Omaha, and they said Teri's breasts looked fine. Dean laughed and said, "Just couldn't resist, could ya?" Teri laughed and said, "Well, that's a hell of a lot better than them saying, 'we agree with the saggy comment'." biggrin

They had a strong chemistry from the beginning and both of them acknowledged it.

This series of pictures was taken first season at a charity event. Tenney was there too, but Dean seemed to look more like the fiance.

In this picture Dean and Teri were away from the set allegedly practicing lines.

Some of us got to meet Dean and Teri in August 1995 when they were filming Contact. We were the first to see Teri with her shorter hair. Again, they were naturally funny together. We told Dean we toured Clark's apartment set and that it was dusty. Dean looked at Teri and said "It needs a woman's touch."

Teri laughed and said, "You know, I heard 'dust' and 'woman's touch' and my first thought was 'maid'." biggrin We asked Dean if he'd ever come to IRC like Teri had in the past. Dean said he was computer illiterate and wouldn't know the difference between AOL or OIC. Teri bumped Dean with her hip, "IRC, Dean."

As for Howard Stern, he's there to push certain buttons. When Teri was on his show, he asked her, "How is your fag husband?" When Dean's ex-girlfriend Gabby Reece was on the show, Stern tried to needle her saying, "You think Dean gets a b*ner when he kisses Teri Hatcher? I do." Then Stern and his sidekick Robin started talking about how they felt something was going on between Dean and Teri. So what Stern says and what answers he gets depends on what he's fishing for.

Dean and Teri, I'm sure, had times when they didn't get along and if they crossed a certain line with each other romantically and that relationship went sour, I'm sure the sour taste is what is remembered. However, it would be the biggest lie to say they never got along or never enjoyed each other's company, because clearly watching various interviews and dailies from the series, they did. But, as with any couple, or coworkers, it's not always going to be sweetness and light 24/7 and the same was true of Dean and Teri.

Zoom

#114806 - 03/22/04 11:43 AM Re: Dean and Teri
thfan Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Southampton, UK
They are just incredible together, no question. wink

Quote:
I was just reading the Howard Stern interview for the first time and it seems to me from the above quotes that Dean and Teri didn't get along. Dean all but confirms it by what he doesn't say
One thing a transcript can never do is to give the atmosphere of an interview, the timing and the uncertainty of a response for instance. With a Howard Stern interview, doubly so.
Consider, Dean was under the weather in any case, as his early words make clear……he could hardly speak. He knew exactly what to expect from the rapid fire double act of Howard and Robin, which gave him little time to form an intelligible answer………he also knew what question would be the most likely to create media havoc if he got his reply wrong. If he was sensible, he knew the safest course would be to stonewall and that’s just what he did. Howard gave the overwhelming impression that he was going to lead from the start and get what he wanted, come what may. That’s his reputation and the ploy works enough times for him to use it as often as possible. As is often the case, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. We have heard that Dean was once fined for being late on set and Teri may well have made a fuss over the bottle of champagne, she’s no shrinking violet. As Dean said, there was stress and plenty of it, in those long hard working days during the show, but the final results justified a little kick-back from time to time. That there were fun times too, I have no doubt at all……. smile

#114807 - 03/22/04 12:25 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Cainiac Offline
Lane and Kent

Thanks for the follow up posts Zoom and Thfan! Great Pics! wink This is the first I've heard about the satellite feed thingy.
I didn't watch the show when it originally aired but caught it when TBS did the early morning repeats last summer and was instantly hooked. What hooked me was their amazing chemistry. Okay and Deans amazing looks cool Anyway, I found this sight while searching for the ever elusive LnC DVD. mad Anyway, even before I began reading the boards I thought that there was something 'special' between these two and when I saw the interview about the cucumber oil and the jiggle blooper it really made me stop and think. But then I saw a clip of a talk show where the host comments about Teri and Deans reply (can't remember what it was) was less than flattering. When the audience reacted tongue he quickly said "Just kidding, just kidding". So when I read the Stern interview I thought about that clip and it got me thinking AGAIN (a dangerous thing) Thanks for your input.
I have seen the Stern show a few times on TV and I have to say that it amazes me that this show is so popular or why anyone would ever agree to appear on it. Talk about adolesent minds! I mean how much mileage can you get out of a womans breast! confused He is utterly vile! roadkill But I digress..........
I have also read very briefly and long ago about gifts that Dean gave Teri and how he fussed over her about eating etc. Anyone have any info? Don't know why this all interests me but it does.
Again I must say that I am sadly in need of a life frown

#114808 - 03/22/04 09:56 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Judy Jetson Offline
Lane and Kent

I remember hearing that Dean gave Teri a set of golf clubs one year for Christmas or her birthday, and a bicycle another year. I also remember reading in the gossip mags a long time ago, that when they were filming L&C, and there were rumors that Teri was anorexic, that Dean bought Teri a big basket of gourmet chocolates and pasteries and muffins (or something lke that... I don't remember exactly) and said something to her like "You're much too thin." Reguardless of whether or not the anorexia rumors were true, I thought it was so sweet that Dean had obviously heard the rumors and was worried about Teri. I also heard that he would sometimes sit with Teri in the cafeteria during meal breaks to make sure that she ate. Of course, these are all rumors, so I don't know how much, if any of it, is actually true.

#114809 - 03/23/04 09:53 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Sarah-Jayne Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Staffordshire, England
Thanks for the pic’s Zoom. boogie
Even though this isn’t the first time I’ve seen them, its still great to see them having so much fun together and they just look so great as a couple! smile

Whatever happened between them during the shows run or after it had ended, it’s nice to know that on lots of occasions they were comfortable and happy in one another’s company regardless of the context. wink

Sarah-Jayne smile

#114810 - 03/24/04 02:53 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Holly Brooke Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: South
Where can I get a copy of the chat with Dean and Teri from GMA in Sept of 1995? The pictures were great but I was wondering what was said during the actual interview and if there was a transcript of it avaible.
Thanks! biggrin

"Well...duh!" - Tempus

"What the hell are you?" - Lois (Pilot)

#114811 - 03/24/04 03:39 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Cainiac Offline
Lane and Kent

Ditto that! biggrin

#114812 - 03/24/04 02:02 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Yollie Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Over the Rainbow
ALSO, is there a video or audio file of the Howard Stern interview?

#114813 - 03/24/04 04:43 PM Re: Dean and Teri
amac Offline
Lane and Kent

There is no video of the Stern interview. As Wanda already mentioned in her post above, there is an audio version (courtesy of Trenna). Read Trenna's post in this thread http://www.zoomway.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001241#000000

Hope this helps.

#114814 - 03/25/04 08:14 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Bratling Offline
Lane and Kent

I'm one of the FoLCs that believe, due to overwhelming evidence, that the affair not only happened, but I lean towards the 'Emerson is Dean's kid' theroy. Part of that is due to the fact that he kinda slipped up in an interview one day, and said something about a daughter. evil

Having just finally had time to catch up on this thread, I have to say that no matter what your particular moral values are, you have to accept that other people have differnet beliefs and values than you do. <shrug> I'd be the last one to say that sex outside of marriage is okay, because I personally believe that it's much better to wait for marriage, but in this case I *do* think it happened.

I found the online fandom after rediscovering the series over two years ago, and I've learned about a lot of gossip since then. (Yes, I was a fan during the original run of the show, but I didn't have internet access back then, and I wasn't really interested in gossip. wink At 15, my own life was more important to me. biggrin ) I've heard extensively about Buggy's infidelity, and several theories on how it started. Watching the series, over and over, I just can't believe that it was all acting; especially since Dean *still* isn't an exceptional actor.

And as for the kisses, well, for all we know, they could have been filmed, and ended up on the cutting room floor. Or, the director decided that they didn't need them. As one who thinks that the only problems with the final episodes is that they *are* the final episodes, I don't think that it really makes a difference.

There are also rumors that Dean and Teri *have* kept in touch, and that Dean has spent time with Emerson. Dean and Teri aren't exactly A-List stars, and it wouldn't be all that hard to stay under the radar of the tabs if they really wanted to.

Laura

#114815 - 03/25/04 09:17 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Kamaile Offline
Lane and Kent

This thread is still kickin, eh? biggrin

There was this little thing in either Us Weekly or In Touch last week that explained why it's so natural for co-stars to start dating. A couple obvious reasons are of course due to long hours spent together and having equal star status.

With Dean and Teri, other factors were thrown into the mix: Jon's infidelities and Dean's break-up with Gabby. This of course isn't new news to anyone, but I wanted to point out with this article that something can develop between co-stars and it's hardly shocking when it does.

Quote:
There are also rumors that Dean and Teri *have* kept in touch, and that Dean has spent time with Emerson.
It's hard to keep track of things that were said tongue
Do you remember where and when you heard that Laura?

Quote:
Dean and Teri aren't exactly A-List stars, and it wouldn't be all that hard to stay under the radar of the tabs if they really wanted to.
Yeah, I could not agree more. Who knows? wink

For all we know, Dean and Teri could both be involved (with other people wink ) yet the rags/tabs/gossip-mongers could care less to report rolleyes

#114816 - 03/25/04 10:07 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Cainiac Offline
Lane and Kent

Quote:
Part of that is due to the fact that he kinda slipped up in an interview one day, and said something about a daughter.
What? Where? When? confused

#114817 - 03/26/04 02:09 AM Re: Dean and Teri
widget Offline

It was an interview a couple of years ago. They asked if he had a daughter or a son and Dean slipped up and said, "Daugh ... er son."

#114818 - 03/26/04 02:35 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Judy Jetson Offline
Lane and Kent

Quote:
They asked if he had a daughter or a son and Dean slipped up and said, "Daught ... er son."
That certainly doesn't prove anything. Anyone can stumble over a word in a live interview situation and not have their words flow out smoothly. I'd be in trouble if someone was reading something into it or analyzing every time the wrong word came out of my mouth.

#114819 - 03/26/04 02:46 AM Re: Dean and Teri
amac Offline
Lane and Kent

Well, Judy, you have to admit that Dean has positively raved over having a son. Personally I find it extremely peculiar that his tongue would falter over this particular word.

#114820 - 03/26/04 03:24 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Bratling Offline
Lane and Kent

Heh. Heh. Heh. Dean's just like the rest of us poor mortal fools... stumbling around in the dark trying to do his best. He ain't perfect, and if he was, the gossip would be a heck of a lot less interesting.

Laura

#114821 - 03/26/04 03:50 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Kamaile Offline
Lane and Kent

Ah yes, that slip-up blush

Quote:
There are also rumors that Dean and Teri *have* kept in touch, and that Dean has spent time with Emerson.
I can't recollect reading any rumors about Dean spending time with Emmy. Do you remember when/where you heard this, Laura?

#114822 - 03/26/04 09:31 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Cristy C Offline
Lane and Kent

Quote:

I have had this feeling , but without any proof.

Like Kamaile
Quote:
I can't recollect reading any rumors about Dean spending time with Emmy. Do you remember when/where you heard this, Laura?
and i'm very curious. wink

Can you explain from where these rumors come Laura ? smile

Cristina

#114823 - 03/26/04 01:13 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Bratling Offline
Lane and Kent

'fraid I don't remember where I heard those. <shrug> It was a while back...

Laura

#114824 - 03/26/04 02:18 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Sandi Offline
Lane and Kent

I’d be interested in knowing where these rumors came from too. According to Dean, he said he briefly met Teri and Emerson only 'once' since the show ended. I believe it was in a coffee shop, but I wouldn't bet on the exact place.

I’ve never heard any rumors that Dean has spent “time” with Emerson or kept in touch with Teri.

cool

#114825 - 03/26/04 02:37 PM Re: Dean and Teri
romwriter96 Offline
Lane and Kent

Affair or no affair, child or no child, I figure that once Teri's divorce is final and bug-boy is out of the way (except of course for any hold he gets on Teri's pocket book), we will find out once and for all if there is anything between Dean and Teri. At that point, if it turned out that Emerson was actually Dean's child, that may come out too.

Who knows what really happened. However, it will be interesting to see what unfolds once that final decree comes to pass (if ever, the way it's going).

Nancy

#114826 - 03/26/04 05:36 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Tam Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Arkansas
I know! How long does it take to get divorced? Jon must want alot and probably doesn't want to give anything. :grumble:

#114827 - 03/27/04 11:28 AM Re: Dean and Teri
newtruefan Offline
Lane and Kent

Quote:
Part of that is due to the fact that he kinda slipped up in an interview one day, and said something about a daughter.
What the heck?!?! dizzy People might get their kids age wrong, but not their gender.

Zoom, please comment. PLEASE! wave

#114828 - 03/28/04 06:50 AM Re: Dean and Teri
zoomway Offline

The Boss of Us

Quote:
What the heck?!?! That can't be accurate - it just can't be because if it is, it can't be explained away as a simple slip of the tongue! I don't see that word could even come close to his lips. People might get their kids age wrong, but not their gender. Zoom, please comment. PLEASE!
Well, I can verify he did say "daugh..son," and I agree that it's less likely that a parent, especially of just one child, would mix up the gender. It's like the Bill Cosby joke about if you only have one kid and something gets broken, you don't have to guess who broke it wink But in fairness to Dean, he just has weird slip-ups sometimes. When he and Mindy McCready were engaged, he slipped and called her Teri during a radio interview. Maybe Dean should just stay away from radio interviews biggrin

As for the daughter/son slip, it could be that it was back when Topher (Christopher) had longish hair and he did kind of look like a cute little girl. Maybe someone said to Dean he had a beautiful daughter right before the interview and it stuck in Dean's head.

When it comes to paternity, I only believe DNA. Topher looks very much like Samantha right now, but later he might favor Dean.

The interview Laura can't remember where Dean said he kept in touch with Teri was an interview in July 2001 on a Houston radio station and the interviewer said, "So you still keep in touch with Teri?" Dean said, "Uh-huh" and she went on to ask Dean if Teri was married to Howie Long. He replied, "Oh, lord no." lol

Does that contradiction make Dean a liar? No, not necessarily. The question was asked after Dean and Teri met in the cafe/coffee shop (he gave both location names) for their interesting/pleasant chat. What Dean never mentions is if other people were there, like Tenney or Samantha. It's hard to believe Dean got away on his own with his son when Topher was just four months old. Samantha was on Dean like a bad rash when Dean was with his son. She seemed to have him on a short leash back then. As for Tenney, that's a big shrug. Teri often went out with Emerson without Tenney being there.

Oh well, maybe next time Dean tells the story it'll be in a diner and be a weird chat and Tenney, Samantha and a 49ers reunion will be there wink

Zoom

#114829 - 03/28/04 08:04 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Cristy C Offline
Lane and Kent

Quote:
As for the daughter/son slip, it could be that it was back when Topher (Christopher) had longish hair and he did kind of look like a cute little girl. Maybe someone said to Dean he had a beautiful daughter right before the interview and it stuck in Dean's head
Are you kidding Zoom?
You are kidding ,given that your natural bent for irony .

About the "in touch" rumors, i have made some search in the old Gossip, so i have found some interesting quote from Sheilah.

Quote:
I must admit that his absolute assertion that he hadn't spoken with Teri since her last day on the set gave me pause. There have been a number of totally unconfirmed sightings of the two of them: his Bronco at her house in October of 97, him walking with her on the street when she was pushing a baby carriage in the summer of 98, etc., but none of those are from people I know, whom I would trust. Maybe he really, truly hasn't spoken with her, and all the odd behaviors and coincidences are just that.

This was in December 1999, before Dean admitted on Stern (first months of 2001) to have recentely met Teri in a cafe, and when, in a interview,he come out with:"I haven't spoke to her (Teri)since the show ended:"

Just food for thoughts. wink

If you are interested in the whole thread go: web page

Cristina

#114830 - 03/28/04 05:33 PM Re: Dean and Teri
widget Offline

Quote:
But in fairness to Dean, he just has weird slip-ups sometimes. When he and Mindy McCready were engaged, he slipped and called her Teri during a radio interview. Maybe Dean should just stay away from radio interviews
I've often wondered if the reason Dean's people will no longer tell his fans when he's going to be interviewed is because of the slip-ups he's made and he doesn't want us catching any more of them wink
Quote:
As for the daughter/son slip, it could be that it was back when Topher (Christopher) had longish hair and he did kind of look like a cute little girl.
Har, Zoom, I was thinking of this myself. I remember all those posts a couple of years ago about Topher (love that name biggrin ) looking like a girl biggrin

#114831 - 03/29/04 12:14 AM Re: Dean and Teri
sheilah Offline
Lane and Kent

Thanks for posting that link, Cristina. I forgot that I used to know all that stuff wink

Boy, newbies who want to know what was going on re D&T ought to just read the old gossip boards instead of just being directed to Zoom's "made for each other" series. We used to post a darn lot of details.

#114832 - 03/29/04 01:22 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Deb Offline
Lane and Kent

Quote:
Boy, newbies who want to know what was going on re D&T ought to just read the old gossip boards instead of just being directed to Zoom's "made for each other" series. We used to post a darn lot of details.
LOL, Sheila! And a lot of innuendo (SP?), too. Seems we were racier back then, too, but maybe not.

Just glad to see the gossip board lighting back up, and it not being those darn moths at the porchlight ;-)

Deb
“So, Lois Lane is falling, accelerating at an initial rate of 32 feet per second. Superman swoops down to save her by reaching out two arms of steel. Miss Lane, who is now traveling at approximately 120 miles an hour, hits them and is immediately sliced into three equal pieces.” (Big Bang Theory, Season 1, “The Big Bran Hypothesis”)

debc on IRC

#114833 - 03/29/04 01:37 AM Re: Dean and Teri
abe Offline
Lane and Kent

Quote:
That's what I did when I discovered these boards last year Sheilah. I checked out Zoom's old board and Demi's board, and... hooboy! boogie I was glued in front of the computer for two weeks. If not for that pesky detail called work, you couldn't pry me off my seat with a crowbar. goofy

#114834 - 03/29/04 07:53 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Cristy C Offline
Lane and Kent

Encouraged by the appreciation, i like to send back to a thread of the old Gossip which , for me, is worthy reading. wink
Pity that there is pics no more, but i have the pages saved if someone wants to see besides read.

There is an interesting post of Zoom,thanks to what, i remember this thread like that of the facts .

If you are interested go to : web page
and enjoy boogie

Cristina

#114835 - 03/29/04 11:14 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Lane and Kent fan Offline
Lane and Kent

I'm just going to bring up something from that web page

sheilah said:
Quote:
mouth-to-mouth kissing (among collegues or people who aren't extremely close friends or portential sexual partners) is very uncommon in my community
cafeameric replied:

Quote:
had a very similar reaction when I saw that kiss, Sheilah. It wasn't the length of the kiss, but the way Dean and Teri moved into the kiss as if it were a habit of long practice, and very natural to them.

Maybe this is a California thing, or a Hollywood thing, but, mouth-to-mouth (love that expression isn't the way two platonic friends kiss in my neck of the woods either
I totally agree, I'm of Italian decent and I kiss family and family friends when I see them, however it is only on the cheek.
I'm answering
I'm waiting
Yes

#114836 - 03/29/04 06:13 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Cainiac Offline
Lane and Kent

Quote:
i have the pages saved if someone wants to see besides read.
Christina,
That would be me. I just joined the board last fall so I am all about information and visuals!

My email is: ima16pru@hotmail.com biggrin

#114837 - 03/29/04 06:32 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Cainiac Offline
Lane and Kent

From the old thread above...
Quote:
It's pensive, almost melancholy. At first it's easy to miss that Teri has reached her hand over to Dean and he's curled the fingers of his left hand over hers (no jokes about hand proximity ) Also, though it's hard to see, Dean has the wedding band on.
Zoom, where can this picture be found? And also the blooper where he rubs his forearms up and down her breasts? boogie

#114838 - 03/29/04 06:44 PM Re: Dean and Teri
moroklumpen Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Norway
Quote:
i have the pages saved if someone wants to see besides read.
I want to see to smile

My e-mail: kristine_bredesen@yahoo.no

Thanks for helping thumbsup

#114839 - 03/29/04 06:53 PM Re: Dean and Teri
J9 Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: England
Paula wrote, in the thread from Feb/March 2000, (refered to by Christina above)
Quote:
The second photo from INPY just took my breath away. If I had to place a caption under it, I'd choose "If only...." Dean's expression is wistful, Teri's no less so. I agree - a very intimate, private moment.
Does anyone have this photo for me to see as it is no longer showing on the old thread. It sounds quite a shot! smile
J9

#114840 - 03/29/04 07:58 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Sarah-Jayne Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Staffordshire, England
Hey!

I would really like to see the picture too! I joined the boards over two years ago and have read this thread and ones like it a million times, but I love it when we go over this particular old ground. biggrin

It would seem that pictures (and bloopers wink ) really do speak a thousand words…

Sarah-Jayne smile

#114841 - 03/29/04 08:44 PM Re: Dean and Teri
sheilah Offline
Lane and Kent

LOL, abe! That's what happens to me every time I go back to the gossip board. I just get sucked in and can't stop reading. I really need to go through sometime and copy and save all those threads and posts that interest me.

Zoom, I'm going to put in a plea as well for you to repost that INPY pic, too--or at least the link. That was one of the photos that got lost when I switched hard drives and everything came through except my email and my jpegs.

#114842 - 03/29/04 11:39 PM Re: Dean and Teri
abe Offline
Lane and Kent

That exactly what happened to me Sheila. With such insightful, thought provoking and oftentimes hilarious posts one can't help but get sucked in. biggrin

Eversince LnC I've always thought that Dean and Teri together was(is) magic on-screen. Who would've thunk that there was a soap opera going on behind the scenes back then? Not from my neck of the woods, than is. Third world countries rarely get the privilege of getting fresh gossips. wink

IF Zoom won't mind I'd also like to add my request for that INPY pic. Pretty please? goofy

#114843 - 03/30/04 02:03 AM Re: Dean and Teri
zoomway Offline

The Boss of Us

I restored all the pictures in that old thread Click Here

Here's a larger version of the picture. It's very subtle and kind of melancholy as I said way back in the old thread, but I like it for some reason.

Zoom

#114844 - 03/30/04 03:13 AM Re: Dean and Teri
SuperRoo Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: The Future
Birthday thing? Jiggly thing?

#114845 - 03/30/04 06:49 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Cristy C Offline
Lane and Kent

Quote:
Birthday thing? Jiggly thing?

Roo go : web page
blooper 23 and 24

Cristina

#114846 - 03/30/04 11:11 AM Re: Dean and Teri
romwriter96 Offline
Lane and Kent

I never get tired of the bloopers.

Nancy

#114847 - 03/30/04 11:59 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Cainiac Offline
Lane and Kent

From the old thread:

Which blooper is this referring to?

#114848 - 03/30/04 12:52 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Cristy C Offline
Lane and Kent

Hey Cainiac go to : web page

it is blooper 22.

Cristina

#114849 - 03/30/04 06:46 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Cainiac Offline
Lane and Kent

The INPY picture is very poignant. It makes me feel as though I am intruding on a very personal, private moment. I would love to know what happened the few seconds before the shot was taken.
I think wearing a wedding dress and spending all day filming a wedding would be difficult when your own marriage is struggling. frown It looks like she reached to Dean for comfort from a friend or in affection for someone much more. He answers her by placing his hand over hers. (notice Teri looking at their joined hands) The look on Deans face is so full of emotion. Whether it's love, concern or something else only he will ever know.
I really like Dean drool (obviously) and I think he's a great actor (particuarlly as CK cool ) and getting better all the time, BUT I don't think he was a good enough actor at that time to portray the emotions as convincingly as he did without them being based on real feelings.
I was just watching the Zone interview this morning and I think the look on Deans face when they start asking about Teri is very interesting. You can tell that he doesn't want to go there.
The more I learn, the more I am convinced that they were much more than co-workers.

#114850 - 03/30/04 08:02 PM Re: Dean and Teri
amac Offline
Lane and Kent

Quote:
The more I learn, the more I am convinced that they were much more than co-workers
Welcome to the club, Cainiac.

boogie

#114851 - 03/30/04 08:07 PM Re: Dean and Teri
romwriter96 Offline
Lane and Kent

Quote:
I really like Dean (obviously) and I think he's a great actor (particuarlly as CK ) and getting better all the time, BUT I don't think he was a good enough actor at that time to portray the emotions as convincingly as he did without them being based on real feelings.
Another place where Dean's emotions show through loud and clear is during "Swear to God, This Time We're Not Kidding", particularly the scene where Lois turns the wedding licence around for him to see, he gazes down at her, smiles, and swallows this obvious HUGE lump in his throat. That kind of emotion comes from real reaction, it's not something you can act.

Nancy

#114852 - 03/31/04 12:00 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Kamaile Offline
Lane and Kent

I read the old boards as a pasttime as well wink Here are a few links to the threads I find most enjoyable:

D&T\'s affair

Current Behavior

Soulmates and Behaviorialism

Old "Hate Each Other" Gossip

Happy reading blush

#114853 - 03/31/04 04:03 AM Re: Dean and Teri
widget Offline

Love the son/daughter mixup in the 'Current Behavior' thread on the old boards, considering what was just talked about in this thread over the past several days biggrin

#114854 - 03/31/04 05:29 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Cristy C Offline
Lane and Kent

OOPS blush

#114855 - 03/31/04 08:50 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Cristy C Offline
Lane and Kent

I have read "Current Behaviour" and here is a quote by jain, dated 18 February 2000, that struck me and can add an answer to the "in touch" thing :
Quote:
I read this interview with Dean in a local free paper - The Daily Metro (westmids uk)
it's about his new film 'Broken Hearts Club'
but theres a few quotes that might interest.

'The 33 year old actor still keeps in touch with Teri Hatcher, his girlfriend in LnC'
"she's a mommy now. And thats what we talk about on the phone"

Teri and her husband JT have a 2 year old son (!?!)
"That little girl sure is the apple of their eye" says Cain enviously.

Well i think that the quote "I haven't spoken to her........"must be considered definitely in crisis. biggrin

BTW " Soulmates and Behaviorialism " is very, very interesting, i had missed it and so the pics. frown

Cristina

#114856 - 03/31/04 12:41 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Cainiac Offline
Lane and Kent

Kamaile,

Thanks for posting the links to the old gossip. VERY interesting reading! Too bad the pics are gone. frown

#114857 - 03/31/04 07:57 PM Re: Dean and Teri
moroklumpen Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Norway
Hmmm The pics on the old board’s gone……… and I can’t see the restored one’s either…… frown
If somebody have any pictures from the old board’s, could you please post some of them here? Thanks smile thumbsup

Love the wedding picture zoomway thumbsup

#114858 - 03/31/04 11:15 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Cainiac Offline
Lane and Kent

The more information I have, the more questions I have. confused
Please bear with me.....

In the old threads it mentions that Teri caught evil cheating within the first few months of their marraige. What's the story and how do we know this? And was it a woman or a man he was caught cheating with?

Quote:
It's true, Dean and Krissie share very similar features. Teri also shared similar features with Dean.
As illustrated in this blooper picture. I think as they worked together and became very ... um ... friendly, they also began to mirror each others' facial expressions and body language.

Zoom - Do you have this picture?

Quote:
I don't think there's much doubt, at least to me, that Dean was telegraphing publicly his continued attraction towards Teri and his letting go of any animosity over their breakup. Particularly when you consider his comments about her during those interviews were outside the context of whatever was being discussed at that moment.

And what's this about?

Also, do we have the pictures of Dean with Nastaja Kinski that are referred to, Especially the goodnight kiss?

Quote:
Well, there'll be a few people scoping out Teri's location shoots in LA. She'd have to be spotted there. It would also be the perfect place for evil to do an ambush visit as he did for the closing night of Cabaret.
What happened?

SO many questions, so little time. dizzy

#114859 - 04/01/04 12:10 AM Re: Dean and Teri
amac Offline
Lane and Kent

Quote:
Also, do we have the pictures of Dean with Nastaja Kinski that are referred to, Especially the goodnight kiss?
The url to the pictures and the accompanying article can be found here.

http://www.geocities.com/thedailyscoop/momnast.JPG

You'll notice it's a geocities account, so I can't copy and paste but I can link. Also, too many people tapping into it at the same time will shut it down temporarily. If the picture link doesn't work, try the one below to the directory.

The site is packed with old gossip pictures and articles and might take several hours (if not days) to study them all. Good stuff. <g>

http://www.geocities.com/thedailyscoop/

#114860 - 04/02/04 11:03 AM Re: Dean and Teri
sunshine6812 Offline
Lane and Kent

Thanks for the links amac. Most of the pics I hadn`t seen before

sunshine

#114861 - 04/02/04 07:34 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Cainiac Offline
Lane and Kent

Quote:
I don't think there's much doubt, at least to me, that Dean was telegraphing publicly his continued attraction towards Teri and his letting go of any animosity over their breakup. Particularly when you consider his comments about her during those interviews were outside the context of whatever was being discussed at that moment.
I read the above quote in the current behavior thread. Can anyone direct me to the interviews that are referred to? boogie

Oh, and AMAC, thanks for the links. Very interesting indeed. biggrin

#114862 - 04/04/04 06:20 AM Re: Dean and Teri
widget Offline

Cainiac, I don't think those interviews were ever up online. I could be wrong, though. They were most likely referenced in threads around the time they aired, which I think is January 2000, if I'm remembering correctly. I haven't gone back looking for any threads.

Here's the daugh ... son clip in case anyone is interested:

http://www.geocities.com/evilwidget93/dtrmistake.wav

It's good ol' Geocities, so if you have trouble, try pasting the URL into a new browser window.

Edit: I did go and find one link for you. Hope this helps:

http://www.zoomway.com/boards/ubbhtml/Forum2/HTML/000068.html

#114863 - 04/04/04 05:08 PM Re: Dean and Teri
sunshine6812 Offline
Lane and Kent

Thanks for the file fidget, I hadn`t heard that interview before.

sunshine

#114864 - 04/05/04 07:28 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Cainiac Offline
Lane and Kent

Thanks Widget.
Is the whole interview somewhere or just Deans' Faux Pas? smile

#114865 - 04/06/04 04:28 AM Re: Dean and Teri
widget Offline

Quote:
Is the whole interview somewhere or just Deans' Faux Pas?
The whole interview was never uploaded anywhere to my knowledge. We have half of the interview as a wav file that we've passed around IRC, but at 10,616KB it's just too big to upload.

#114866 - 04/07/04 10:54 PM Re: Dean and Teri
newtruefan Offline
Lane and Kent

OK- maybe they did cross the line, but there's no way I will ever believe it was anything more than scratching an itch with the safest person around.

Dean always needed a model around to feel like a man - not exactly the type of man a woman would think of spending the rest of her life with; Teri kept trying to make a lousy broken marriage work - not exactly available either. But if they'd both decided to play with someone who wouldn't try to make it into anything when they turned on the lights, then I guess it does make sense.

#114867 - 04/08/04 03:35 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Deb Offline
Lane and Kent

Quote:
OK- maybe they did cross the line, but there's no way I will ever believe it was anything more than scratching an itch with the safest person around.
Well, ntf, this is supposedly how it started out. Teri wanted to get back at Jon for having affairs, and decided she'd go after a friend of Jon's. Dean heard about it and offered himself up for the sacrifice. [Yea, big sacrifice wink ]

If you go back to the Nfanfic boards and read up on the original George and Lynn story you can see how this played out. Really great nfanfic!

Whether or not it's true, I don't know. I just know there were a lot of indications that it was.

*Disclaimer: This post is based on things I have heard and read, but have no idea whether they are true. It's my opinion, only.*

Deb

debc on IRC

#114868 - 04/12/04 04:58 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Holly Brooke Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: South
What is interesting to me is how many times during the fourth season they share many a french kiss, and are extremly touchy-feely. Like in the episode AKA Superman, when Clark is in the kitchen cleaning his suite and Lois kisses him good morning, she runs her hands down his backside. Later on in that scene Dean even ad lib's the line "superman feels real good," as he is kissing Lois's neck. Even in the begining of this episode, Dean's hands are a little 'high up' on Teri if you know what I mean, as they are walking into the Daily Planet lobby. It's just not this episode it is most of the episodes and some of the last in the three season that make me suspect that there was defenatly something more going on than meets the eye. wink

"Well...duh!" - Tempus

"What the hell are you?" - Lois (Pilot)

#114869 - 04/12/04 08:14 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Jody Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Connecticut
I'm with you, Fearless Monkey, as are quite a few others, but we're just about tired of beating that particular dead horse. roadkill

#114870 - 04/13/04 01:52 AM Re: Dean and Teri
sheilah Offline
Lane and Kent

Ah, Jody, you're no fun. wink Just because we've discussed it to death rolleyes doesn't mean that the newbies aren't interested eek

#114871 - 04/13/04 08:49 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Cristy C Offline
Lane and Kent

I'm not a newbie, but i don't get ever tired to read and talk about Dean and Teri supposed
affair:it is the impossibility to know for sure and with all the details what happened, which make the story so appealing.

I'm waiting for a book "The true story of Dean and Teri" for setting at zero my curiosity. goofy

Cristina

#114872 - 04/13/04 08:25 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Jody Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Connecticut
Quote:
Ah, Jody, you're no fun. Just because we've discussed it to death doesn't mean that the newbies aren't interested
I admit to being no fun Sheila. It's a gift. wink But I don't mind if others want to keep the topic alive for the sake of the newbies. I just didn't want Fearless Monkey to think she was a lone voice in the wilderness.

#114873 - 04/13/04 09:45 PM Re: Dean and Teri
zoomway Offline

The Boss of Us

Quote:
I admit to being no fun Sheila. It's a gift. But I don't mind if others want to keep the topic alive for the sake of the newbies. I just didn't want Fearless Monkey to think she was a lone voice in the wilderness.
Fearless Monkey had the misconception that this particular bit of gossip is based on tabloids, which is incorrect. Though I will admit the tabloids have been fairly accurate regarding Dean the past several years (knocking up Samantha, chasing Esther Canadas, custody battle). Truthfully, there wasn't all that much tabloid gossip about Dean and Teri having an affair unless "waiting in the wings" could be called an affair biggrin

As for the longevity of the gossip, it has a romantic appeal that a Playboy Playmate just doesn't have. For women anyway lol

Who knows, Teri may have found someone worth leaving her crappy marriage for. Someone we never saw or heard of before. Dean may have purchased Stately Cain Manor in Ibiza to impress a Spanish model who is in the tabloids in Europe right now because she's allegedly one of many women who had an affair with super soccer player David Beckham.

The point is, when we get some new gossip about either of them, we'll have some fun with it for as long as it lasts. Unfortunately, Dean and Teri are making a point of not being seen with dates and Teri's divorce has drug out more than a year now. So, until we get new gossip, we're stuck with the old stuff wink

Zoom

#114874 - 04/13/04 11:01 PM Re: Dean and Teri
newtruefan Offline
Lane and Kent

Quote:
Teri may have found someone worth leaving her crappy marriage for.
I hope the one she left her crappy marriage for - is herself.

#114875 - 04/14/04 01:54 AM Re: Dean and Teri
Cainiac Offline
Lane and Kent

Quote:

I hope the one she left her crappy marriage for - is herself
Well said NTF!
I don't think anyone will disagree with you on that. thumbsup

#114876 - 04/14/04 12:21 PM Re: Dean and Teri
Fear Demon Offline
Lane and Kent

Quote:
I just didn't want Fearless Monkey to think she was a lone voice in the wilderness.

Aww thanks Jody, it's nice to know I'm not the only insane person on this board. wink

Quote:
Fearless Monkey had the misconception that this particular bit of gossip is based on tabloids, which is incorrect
I'm not even gonna ask what its based on, I now well and truely believe the horse is dead.
[Exasperated]

#114877 - 04/14/04 07:04 PM Re: Dean and Teri
zoomway Offline

The Boss of Us

Quote:
I hope the one she left her crappy marriage for - is herself.
That's a nice thought. Perhaps therapy that failed her in 95 did her some good in 2003. Now all she needs is a divorce lawyer who can actually finalize the divorce. Don't forget that she filed over a year ago on February 28 (Clark Kent's birthday).

Quote:
Aww thanks Jody, it's nice to know I'm not the only insane person on this board
Well, Jody hates Teri, but I wouldn't call her insane biggrin On the bright side, hating Teri might be what she has in common with Dean after the breakup wink

Quote:
I'm not even gonna ask what its based on, I now well and truely believe the horse is dead
That you don't want to hear what it's really based on makes me believe that Seabiscuit isn't dead so much as you'd prefer not to acknowledge his existance goofy

Zoom

#252637 - 11/17/16 11:22 PM Re: Dean and Teri [Re: Cainiac]
LnC_SecretFan Offline
Jimmy Olsen

Loc: VA, USA
Hello Cainiac! wave I'm a newbie trying to catch up on all this gossip. You wouldn't happen to have this image from INPY? perry It sounds like a very emotional moment between D&T. Pleaseee!!! Can anyone post it??
Thank you!!!

#252652 - 11/24/16 09:39 PM Re: Dean and Teri [Re: LnC_SecretFan]
Ultra Woman Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Brazil - RS
I believe this is the picture from INPY. Sorry, I didn't find it in a higher resolution.

Welcome to the boards! wave

Andreia

#252653 - 11/24/16 11:32 PM Re: Dean and Teri [Re: Ultra Woman]
LnC_SecretFan Offline
Jimmy Olsen

Loc: VA, USA
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you Andreia!!! shout You have made my day! I can't believe you still have it! I was losing hope anyone would. Glad to be on the boards wave

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  ChrisP, Kismatt, widget