New Page 1

Lois and Clark Message Board
a triangle built for two     

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#206846 - 06/08/02 02:18 PM Re: Thank you Zoomway!
merry Offline
Lane and Kent

Zoom,
I need to add my thanks too.
As the others have said, these boards have given me hours of wonderful reading pleasure.
I appreciate all your hard work.
merry

#206847 - 06/08/02 04:03 PM Re: Thank you Zoomway!
Kory Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Great Falls, VA
Thanks to Zoom for fixing the board and to the authors for many hours of countless wonderful stories! smile

boogie

Thanks again for the blast with this board, it's the best one of all fanfic sites I encountered. thumbsup

#206848 - 06/08/02 05:01 PM Re: Thank you Zoomway!
jude Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: The Evergreen State, USA
I'll add my thanks, too, Zoom. You always do a terrific job in providing us with this forum, and your work in getting us back on line so quickly is sterling, to say the least. I especially appreciate the new 'review post' section. smile

Jude

boogie

#206849 - 06/08/02 06:36 PM Re: Thank you Zoomway!
silm Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Brazil
Zoom, I just want to add my THANKS to you too. As always, you did a great job.
Sil

#206850 - 06/09/02 12:11 AM Re: Thank you Zoomway!
zoomway Offline

The Boss of Us

Loc: Swamptropolis
Quote:
I've searched around, but if there's already a thread thanking Zoomway for getting the boards up and running again, I can't find it!
Aw, thank you, Yvonne blush There are a couple of thank-you threads. Really, fans have been amazing during this whole thing. Extremely patient and supportive.

Quote:
So, Zoomway, many thanks for getting us all back online again. I know a lot of people were starting to suffer fanfic withdrawal symptoms, myself included, so I really appreciate the work you've put in to shift the boards over yet again. I heard a rumour that you may have had a helper or two, so many thanks to them as well
Georgia, Nekanuq and Jeff Brogden all offered to help with high speed transfer since I only have a dial-up connection, unfortunately it's hard to explain the different file types the board has (cgi, pl, css) and what files should be uploaded and which have to be avoided. Jeff even went to the UBB site to look at the moving instructions for transferring a board to a new site and I was going to meet him on IRC and talk him through which files to move and what FTP settings had to be used, but his daughter injured her foot on the playground. Thankfully her injury turned out to be just a bad bruise and not a break as was originally feared.

Even though Jeff didn't get a chance to help, I really appreciate his offer to try, and I also thank Georgia and Nekanuq and I thank Wendy and many many others who offered donations for the new site. I don't need the money, but just the offer is worth more than money to me.

I was talking to Anita on IRC about how the message board is a little like 'Cheers', the bar of sitcom fame. The patrons of Cheers made it what it was and you guys make the message board what it is. I just sweep up here biggrin

Anyway, here's a Cheers tribute to you and the message board community ...

Makin' your way in the world today takes everything you've got

Takin' a break from all your worries sure would help a lot

Wouldn't you like to get away?

Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name

And they're always glad you came

You want to be where you can see troubles are all the same

You wanna be where everybody knows your name

Cheers, FoLC

Norm ... uh ... Zoom wink

#206851 - 06/09/02 01:46 AM Re: Thank you Zoomway!
Liz S. Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: California
Nice pics and sentiment, Zoom!

war

#206852 - 06/09/02 02:06 PM Re: Thank you Zoomway!
Wendymr Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Irish exile in the UK
ROFL!! Thanks for yet another entertaining pic-post, Zoom!

And to you too! Long may zoomway.net/boards live!

Wendy smile

#206853 - 06/09/02 04:46 PM Re: Thank you Zoomway!
Artemis Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: California outback
Yes, thank you Zoomway for all you have done. And I love the avatars and the new graemlins. It just keeps getting more fun!

cool
Artemis

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ChrisP, Kismatt