Lois and Clark Message Board
a triangle built for two     

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#226630 - 09/01/10 12:16 AM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: LCVixen]
Bobert Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: New Jersey
Yeah I do agree with a lot of your theory Vixen. I mean it would certainly have sounded ridiculous if she admitted that she was in love with Dean at a time when she was with Tenney.

I'm also glad to see that she's finally admitted that she was definitely in that marriage for the sake of her child. As I've mentioned in some of my earlier posts, I really did believe that she was unhappy from the moment she tied the knot (which now seems to have been confirmed thanks to a quote from her) and really only stayed in that relationship for the sake of "Trying to make it work." It was a noble decision, but ultimately, the wrong one, and I'm sure things just became more complicated once Teri found out she was pregnant. I have to say this though, the fact that Teri was willing to bear through all of those years of suffering just for the sake of her child's happiness, really does show tremendous character. Ironically, Dean too has often times been quoted as choosing time spent with his son instead of the optimal career decisions. Funny just how much these two have in common, huh? wink

I know at this point that it's pretty much been confirmed that Teri and Dean at least went on one date, but I find it interesting that they neglected to mention even that tidbit of information during the show's run. I mean they were constantly asked about it all the time during interviews, and the Tabloids were always speculating things. But maybe that's the answer in itself; the fact that they didn't want the Tabloids having a field day with any sign of admittance towards having more than just "chemistry." Nevertheless, I truly do hope that one day they find it in their hearts to let by gones be by gones, and if not become intimate, then at the very least be friends. I mean both owe the show their success and have numerous times mentioned just how much fun it was working on the show and all the memories they've created. It'd be a shame to just let all that wash away.

I do find Teri's recent facebook quote interesting though. I'd like to think that it's targeted towards Dean (we'll never really know) and that she's thought about him all this time and really truly does miss him. I like to think that even though things didn't work out quite so smoothly between Dean and Teri (Teri sticking it out with Tenney,) that they both never really stopped thinking about one another. Sure they went their separate ways and dated other individuals, but I feel that was all a facade and the "1 up" game they were playing, hoping the other would omit some type of response (jealousy, etc.)

Here's hoping that recent facebook quote is indeed for Dean. Guess that makes me an optimist too!

#226632 - 09/01/10 05:57 AM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: Bobert]
LCVixen Offline
Lane and Kent

Bobert, I couldn't have said it better myself!

I too hope that Teri and Dean let the past go and become friends. Sure seems like T is reaching out to him. I don't know if facebook is necessarily the best way, but hey, if it floats her boat. Perhaps she wants the fans (or even Jon) to know she still misses Dean. Maybe she has been reading the boards all these years - or maybe she just realized how much he truly meant to her.

I believe they went on more than one date I think it was several up through filming the pilot. You're right, Bobert, they wouldn't have mentioned this during the show's run for fear of a media circus. Now days it would help a show if there was a controversal relationship between two co-stars. Funny how our society works, huh?

#226640 - 09/02/10 01:50 AM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: LCVixen]
Bobert Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: New Jersey
I really do wonder what Teri's intentions were when she invited Dean to her book launch party. I mean I do recall her saying something along the lines of "You made it!" as she ran up to him to give him a hug, and him responding by "Of course." Furthermore, in one of the video interviews afterwards she mentioned that she hadn't seen Dean in "5 years." I just find it rather strange that she invited someone whom she didn't really keep in touch with. Furthermore, I find it interesting that she didn't invite any of her other L&C stars (unless she did and I just didn't know about it, or they were invited and just didn't show up.) Either way, it's rather interesting the subliminal hints these two continue to give, even years after the show's demise.

#227314 - 10/09/10 01:57 AM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: Bobert]
iluvsupes2 Offline
Jimmy Olsen

Wow its been a decade since I was last on this board its nice to know that people are still curious about these 2 even after 13 years. I love the theories I suspected something was up with them that ET interview from Season 4 where Teri was a little to playful was a dead give away.When people have such intense chemistry as they had you can feel coming through your tv screen its hard to dismiss it.
My two cents on the matter is that Teri is opening up its like she is cleaning out the closet.All those things that have been a thorn in her side are slowly healing I imagine confessing to the abuse open the floodgates a bit.It maybe that one day 30-50 years from now we will find out in some obscure biography what really happened between them.I have to mention one thing I kinda always blamed Momma Cain for Dean and Teri's distance. I think I read a comment years ago that Momma Cain wasn't fond of Teri but now I guess I can understand why she wanted to protect her baby if that was the case.Anyway I don't know if Teri and Dean will ever fess up but if there was one person I'd like to get talking it would be Sharon.I imagine that she would have things to say about the matter knowing Dean's a momma's boy I bet she would have a lot of insight.

#227338 - 10/11/10 08:05 AM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: iluvsupes2]
LCVixen Offline
Lane and Kent

I believe Dean and Teri have to watch what they say. As time goes on, they won't be as clever with their words and something might slip up. I think it might come out eventually; how long it will take is anyone's guess.

Edited by LCVixen (10/11/10 08:05 AM)

#229387 - 03/30/11 09:13 PM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: LCVixen]
stevsie87 Offline
Jimmy Olsen

Wow, I'm so glad I found this forum. I was just thinking about this tonight while watching some L&C dvds I got recently and was reacquainted with their awesome chemistry. I decided to google whether they had ever been together and I stumbled upon this wealth of information! It was super interesting and entertaining to read all of the theories. I also have suspicions and there's always been a little hope in my heart that they would get together IRL. I always thought that was just the fangirl in me but now I'm thinking there is something backing it up wink

#229389 - 03/30/11 10:02 PM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: stevsie87]
widget Administrator Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: USA
Hi stevsie87. Welcome to the boards smile

#229391 - 03/30/11 10:26 PM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: stevsie87]
ChrisP Moderator Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: San Diego
Welcome to L&C gossip. smile There are a lot of pros and cons, but a lot of those of us who watched the original airings picked up on the chemistry and felt we were watching a real relationship. If you would like to chat about it, join us on IRC in #lanekent. We watch an ep every Saturday and are in season 2 right now. There are directions for IRC in the techie folder and we always welcome new people. smile

Chris

#236286 - 07/11/12 08:27 PM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: ChrisP]
The Question Offline
Lane and Kent

Lots of interesting speculation, but little hard data it seems. One of these days I'm going to really dive into this and pick the brains of you guys tongue.

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  ChrisP, widget, zoomway