Lois and Clark Message Board
a triangle built for two     

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#226494 - 08/19/10 01:15 AM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: Sylver]
ArtLucie Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Czech Republic
Hey you, I just wanted to post this biggrin Yes I think its VERY interesting she said that wink

#226499 - 08/19/10 07:07 AM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: ArtLucie]
LolaDane3 Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: New Jersey
Well I hope she's taking her OWN advise...silly goose!!!

Lois: The message on my E-mail said 'secret shipment'. This is it! This is when it's arriving! It's probably coke!!...Or heroin!!

Clark:...Or pencil sharpeners.

#226500 - 08/19/10 07:11 AM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: LolaDane3]
LolaDane3 Offline
Lane and Kent

p.s. I choked on my own breath when I read her posts this morning...anyone else??

Lois: The message on my E-mail said 'secret shipment'. This is it! This is when it's arriving! It's probably coke!!...Or heroin!!

Clark:...Or pencil sharpeners.

#226501 - 08/19/10 07:50 AM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: LolaDane3]
LCVixen Offline
Lane and Kent

Time for TH to put her money where her mouth is! Call the man, Teri! Have dinner, a light snack or perhaps breakfast! smile I guess to Teri all the stuff in the past has been forgiven and it's water under the bridge. Hopefully, Dean feels the same way.

I just want to shout - Go Teri, go Teri go!!!

#226503 - 08/19/10 09:39 AM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: LCVixen]
MK-LC 610 Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Germany
What about his mom, maybe she had a role in this drama.
Moms like to give advice to their sons when their fall in love
with a woman who was married twice

#226505 - 08/19/10 07:46 PM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: MK-LC 610]
newtruefan Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Massachusetts
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

#226507 - 08/19/10 08:27 PM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: newtruefan]
Tete Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Stop throwing bones to him Teri! Just go get him girl, don't miss what could be your last train!!

#226531 - 08/22/10 01:52 PM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: Sylver]
Bobert Offline
Lane and Kent

Originally Posted By: ArtLucie
Bobert, I like what you said, it sounds reasonable and it could have happened like this, BUT if they felt this way why they never dated together after Teri divorced? Maybe they hurt one another that time and it could be painful but it's been years now, wouldn't they find the way back to one another?

Yeah, and to be honest Lucie I've had this floating around my head for quite some time but I really can't back up my statements since all of this is speculation. Furthermore, the fact that I don't personally know Dean or Teri, nor have I ever met them, only takes away from my understanding of what may have actually happened. Nevertheless, here is what I've garnered by reading between the lines and watching Dean and Teri's reactions in interviews. Warning: Some of these may be just wishful thinking or a bit of a stretch, so please comment if you think I'm just losing my mind hahah.

Jon and Teri filed for divorce in 2003 which would have made Emerson around 6 years old. They've maintained a friendly relationship today (but I feel that's more for the child’s sake which is a responsible move on their part.)

Teri filed for divorce in 2003, which was a good 6 years after the show ended, and presumably Teri and Dean went their separate ways due to a certain animosity. Assuming there was some type of an affair that didn’t end well; I think it’s safe to say that Teri and Dean didn’t really keep in touch. Sure there were a couple of appearances here there and the occasional phone call, but nothing to the extent of what it had been during the show’s airing. Now assuming that they had some type of fall out, with my theory being that she decided to stick it out with Jon after she found out she was pregnant, I’m sure Dean didn’t take that well. Furthermore, and this was kind of proven in Teri’s autobiography, “Burnt Toast,” her marriage was not filled with happiness. There may have been a good moment here and there but there was no passion (I got that from a review of the book.) Despite her lack of happiness she tried to suck it up for the sake of her daughter. In the meanwhile, though Dean and Teri did make contact occasionally after the show’s demise, it wasn’t anything promising. That may very well have been because Teri was now choosing a stable life for her daughter as opposed to an unsteady romance with Dean which could wind up going nowhere. There’s only so much rejection and waiting a man’s pride is willing to go through and I feel Dean has hit that point. As a result, Dean decided to move on and figured that if Teri was interested she’d make the first move. After all, she was the one to end it all those years ago. 2003 rolled around and Dean saw that Teri was single again. I like to believe that it excited him to know that Teri was single but once again fearing rejection, Dean decided to keep his distance. Now this is kind of a double sword because I think Teri was the same way. I think she was afraid to go back to a guy who’s heart she had previously broken and start up a romance not truly knowing whether or not he still felt that way about her. Also, considering that after the 2000 “run in”, Dean stopped reaching out to Teri, I think that Teri finally got the message that he was ready to move on. Basically, what I’m saying is that both still had feelings for each other but neither one of them was ready to take the plunge, simply because of the rough history they both had already been through. Dean was tired of constantly reaching out and getting rejected by a then married Teri Hatcher, and Teri, who had ended the relationship with Dean many years ago and stuck with Tenney for the sake of her daughter, had waited too long to let go of Jon. Finally Teri, realizing that she wasn’t happy and that her daughter could still live a normal life and still see her father on a regular basis without having to sacrifice her own happiness, decided to end it with Jon. At this point, I feel that both Dean and Teri were hesitant to reach out to one another because they were both not sure if the other reciprocated the same feelings. As a result, they decided that it would be best just to live their lives. All of a sudden it’s the year 2006 and Dean Cain makes an unexpected appearance at Teri Hatcher’s book launch party. Now I know this was one of the most talked about reunions, especially on this board, and while their chemistry was great, I just felt they were being so distant with one another. For some reason I sensed a bit of awkwardness at least on Dean's part with the way he was talking to her. As if they both knew that they had history and were just being amicable to one another, with secret alternative agendas.

I kind of feel like this was Dean Cain's way of getting into the sights of Teri without actually bringing up the whole "relationship" topic. I feel as if he wanted something and maybe she did too but both hesitated because neither wanted to start that conversation (since they had been down that road before) and neither were sure whether or not the other still thought of them that way.

At the same time it's also possible that Dean's appearance was just a kind of "let's put the past behind us" type of move.

I just find it interesting that he showed up to an event of an supposed ex-flame who he's claimed not to have talked to very often after the show's demise, when he wasn't even invited! What’s even more interesting is how Dean and Teri’s responses changed to the same questions presented to them as the series went on. In the first two seasons, Dean and Teri were often commended on their chemistry and when asked what fueled the magic, both Dean and Teri would respond with relatively positive statements. For the most part, they would admit to being really good friends and just having a great time working together and since they spent so much time with one another, a deep underlying friendship grew and they genuinely liked one another. However, towards the end of the shows run, there are some interviews where Dean and Teri are asked about the reasoning behind their chemistry and their answers, though relatively positive, seem a bit uninspired or fake. In some cases Teri even stated things such as “we’re not really attracted to one another.” Presumably to kill the tabloid rumors and to save her marriage, where as Dean would just sit there and say “Well that was Teri’s comment not mine” and laugh.

I know I’ve made a lot of speculation and haven’t really backed up except with the caption of “I’ve read between the lines.” Well in order to further illustrate my point, I decided to post the links to the videos that I was analyzing and even the timing I’m talking about and I’ll leave it open to interpretation. This way, at least it’ll give you guys some type of source from where my speculation is coming from.
The first interview that I’ll post refers to the whole Dean addressing the fact that Teri is marrying someone else. Now this may be me looking too deep into this but I feel that as the reporter asks “Is there anything between you two?” and Dean responds with a “Considering she’s marrying someone else.” But as he says it he looks away and Teri kind of gives a chuckle or a laugh that I just find kind of awkward. I’m not sure why but I feel as if she’s doing it to kind of kill the flirtatious tension that is always present between Dean and Teri, and the whole situation seems to get awkward when Dean alludes to Tenney.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08-wBiEGDPo
minute: (3:42-3:47)

And here is the interview of Dean and Teri where Teri mentions that they’re not attracted to one another. Actually she had said that previously in some other publication and was confronted about it and it’s interesting to see how much back peddling she does and tries to spin the quote. What’s even more surprising is that when Dean makes a joke about it Teri still seems kind of defensive about what was said. I know this interview was taken after the interview above since Teri’s hair is different in this but it’s just fascinating to see how much of the tone kind of changed as the show went on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rme2qqciXhU
minute: (3:42)

There was one more clip that I wanted to post that really would have shown the evolution of how their responses changed when asked about their “chemistry,” but I couldn’t seem to find it. I’m sorry for getting back to this topic so late but real life kind of got in the way wink I’m going to continue to look for that clip and if anyone knows manages to find it and posts a link, that’d be great. It’s basically an interview of both Dean and Teri where there asked about their chemistry and Dean responds with the “I think the chemistry is there because we genuinely like one another and are good friends,” or something along those lines. If I remember correctly it should be one of the earlier interviews since Teri’s hair in the interview was around the same length and style it was in seasons 1 and 2.

#226532 - 08/22/10 04:39 PM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: Bobert]
EditorJax Offline
Mad Dog Lane

Loc: Washington state
Quote:
I just find it interesting that he showed up to an event of an supposed ex-flame who he's claimed not to have talked to very often after the show's demise, when he wasn't even invited!

Actually, he was invited.

#226536 - 08/22/10 08:51 PM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: EditorJax]
vika Offline
Lane and Kent

In one of interviews Dean mentioned that he was invited... wink

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  ChrisP, Kismatt, widget, zoomway