Lois and Clark Message Board
a triangle built for two     

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#226538 - 08/23/10 02:59 AM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: vika]
Helena_ Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Sweden
Yeah, Dean was invited but other than that I think you made some interesting points, Bobert. Btw, do we actually k-n-o-w of occasions when Dean and Teri saw each other after the show ended? The 2000 "run-in", what was that?
Clark: "Sorry."
- We Have A Lot To Talk About

#226541 - 08/23/10 07:25 AM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: Helena_]
nordhoffms Offline
Lane and Kent

If Dean sees Teri coming, he should run away as fast as possible. First, Teri has had two marriages and two divorces which is a huge sign that person is not good at relationships. A person can change, but not much. Also, if she was seeing Jon and Dean at the same time during Lois and Clark, then she was cheating on both of them and unfaithful to both of them. That is a huge sign of not being able to trust that person. Once trust is gone it is not likely able to come back. A person can change, but not always. As the saying goes, "A leopard cannot change it's spots."

#226543 - 08/23/10 08:04 AM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: nordhoffms]
LCVixen Offline
Lane and Kent

At the very least, he could be friends with her. We're not talking anything romantic, just friends hanging out and chatting about the memories they share.

Dean's a big boy, he can make the decision for himself. By the way, I do believe people can change and Teri has changed a lot. We don't know what happened between them and probably will never know. If Dean wanted to stay away from her, he never would have attended her book party. I mean, if he hadn't shown up, who would have been the wiser? It's not like we knew every person on Teri's invite list before the party. We (including the media) were all surprised at his attendance. He made the choice to come, but he certainly didn't have to. I think that says something right there. She must mean something to him and vice versa.

Dean was willing to see her and in a very public way, which I'm sure Dean hates. Was it a peace offering? I've always wondered if Dean knew about Teri's abuse before she told the world. I kind of wondered if that was why he came to support her - he might have been one of the few whom she told her secret to. That would show right there that he cared about her and wanted to see her again. Maybe he encouraged her to come out about it years ago and she finally found the strength to do it.

I think they had a relationship - both a physical and emotional one. I doubt she was with Jon during their affair - hell, she was never home and neither was Jon! She even said they never had sex. I think the whole pregnancy thing scared Teri because she was so worried about how she would look in the eye of the media. I think D&T's relationship had a lot of stress and it all finally came to a head. If Teri can be friends with Jon - who nearly destroyed her life and had her contemplating a jump into the Hudson, why couldn't she be friends with Dean?

#226545 - 08/23/10 09:56 AM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: nordhoffms]
Bobert Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: New Jersey
Originally Posted By: EditorJax
Actually, he was invited.

Oh, was he? I just thought he showed up on his own will because all of the articles that talked about Dean and Teri's reunion kept citing Dean as the "unexpected guest." It does make sense though because the first thing Teri said to Dean after she ran up to him and give him a hug was, "You made it!" with Dean responding , "Of course!"

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I find the fact that he was actually invited even more interesting considering that Teri and Dean kept talking about not being "Actively friends" or "not remaining in touch after the show ended." Though Dean kept saying that he ran into her occasionally while Teri kept denying it. I also find it interesting that Teri was the one that was married and looked worse in the alleged Teri-Dean relationship, since tabloids were reporting her as having an affair.

Originally Posted By: nordhoffms
If Dean sees Teri coming, he should run away as fast as possible. First, Teri has had two marriages and two divorces which is a huge sign that person is not good at relationships. A person can change, but not much. Also, if she was seeing Jon and Dean at the same time during Lois and Clark, then she was cheating on both of them and unfaithful to both of them. That is a huge sign of not being able to trust that person. Once trust is gone it is not likely able to come back. A person can change, but not always. As the saying goes, "A leopard cannot change it's spots."

I do see where youíre getting the whole notion of Teri not being able to maintain a stable relationship, but at the same time I feel that there were understandable reasons for why both of her relationships failed. Around the time of Teriís first marriage its is commonly known by all of her co-workers/friends, that Teri was a really a very insecure person. (Sheís also admitted this in her book.) Naturally, I could see her finding someone that she was fairly attracted to and watching their personalities click and thinking that ďThis is it, this is the one,Ē when in reality any one of us would have just thought of it as another relationship. Any sense of security or reassurance that she was receiving at the time, especially from a guy giving her attention, she would have naturally gravitated towards. While I donít agree with her actions, I do understand them. (Or think to at least wink ) As I mentioned before, I still feel she rushed into her marriages, and I say that about BOTH of them. Her first marriage only lasted a year and it was with a guy she had been rumored to been dating for roughly 12 months. Thatís not much time to find someone and decide to marry them. The same thing happened with Tenney, she found someone and immediately jumped on the ďlet me marry himĒ wagon, and before you knew it she was already regretting it. Jon didnít keep her happy and sheís repeatedly said that. But at the same time I donít think she was ready to file for another divorce, and certainly didnít want to. I think she just felt that it made her look terrible that she had married someone else and then divorced them shortly after, so she kept trying to make it work.

While I do agree that Teri and Deanís relationship was an affair, if they had one, I do understand it. Iím sure Dean was the man that Teri really wanted to marry and honestly in my opinion, should have. At the time he seemed to have his head on straight and seemed like someone that Teri could see herself getting along with. But how could she divorce Tenney and then immediately jump into a relationship with Dean, which who knows would have lasted? Dean kept her happy, Tenney did not. Itís understandable why she chose to be in a relationship with Dean.
I do agree with your sentiments though. Morally both Teri and Dean are in the wrong if such an affair existed, but as I said previously, it was understandable.

#226556 - 08/24/10 06:16 AM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: Bobert]
LCVixen Offline
Lane and Kent

First, we have to think about how this affair started. There was plenty of speculation that D&T had a short relationship before the show got picked up back in 1993. Of course, this speculation has turned to fact thanks to Justin's interview. So I guess there was always an attraction there. You cannot tell me they didn't have sex, because the electricity between those two would catch non-flammable items on fire. How hard would it be to have sex with someone (you barely know) then, work with them 70 hours a week for years at a time. There would still be some kind of attraction, unless you hated their guts or the sex was bad and I highly doubt the sex was bad.

So there is some lingering feelings that are pushed aside for the sake of the show. Seems they were still able to be friends. I read one article during season 1 where Dean was tickling Teri's leg in a scene and he asked the crew if the camera caught it. He wanted to make sure it wouldn't be on screen. I guess he couldn't risist that slit in her skirt. Can you say odd??? How many friends (guy & girl) tickle your thigh like that? Hmm... We all should have seen it coming. I guess the fires were still burning. I do believe they were just friends during these early days of the show, but I think they were friends with a lot of sexual undertones.

Now we come to why the year long affair came to be. Jon cheated on Teri and Gaby cheated on Dean. Their personal lives were a mess and they felt so betrayed by the people who were supposed to love them most. D&T were together constantly and I'm sure they shared their personal problems with each other. Being that emotionally intimate with someone can often lead to physcial intimacy and in their case, it did. I can't blame them for it and it I only wish they would have stayed together. It doesn't seem that either of them have been able to find a stable commited relationship.

#226557 - 08/24/10 10:58 AM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: nordhoffms]
ArtLucie Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Czech Republic
Originally Posted By: nordhoffms

The fact that someone went through 2 divorces doesn't necessarily mean that they're bad in relationships, as a matter of fact I don't really think that there are people good and bad in relationships. As we can guess she really tried to make her second marriage work, maybe too much at some points. I think she only made some bad choices and didn't have much luck either. I personally think she is not the bad guy here.

#226558 - 08/24/10 01:01 PM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: ArtLucie]
nordhoffms Offline
Lane and Kent

Unfortunately, it does. Both sets of my Grandparents were married 50 years. And each set had six children which they raised on farms in the Midwest during the Great Depression. Also, my parents have been married 33 years so far.

All passion dies. That is when you have to work the hardest to make a relationship work with the one you love. Sometimes people may even hate or get bored with their spouse, but that is not a reason to bail on that relationship. Then you just have to spend with your spouse to find that love again.

#226559 - 08/24/10 01:19 PM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: nordhoffms]
ArtLucie Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Czech Republic
Okay, your opinion, but still.. I don't think it does.
My both grandparents are together nearly 50 years too, my parents are about 25 years and my sister has a steady partner for 9 years, but it doesn't tell the story about happiness.. my granny was unhappy about 45 years out of that nearly 50 and I bet divorce would help here, but she trusted in marriage for ever after.. I'm trying to say that going through 2 divorces may mean that she's looking for happiness and stable life. And off the record she didn't rush out of the marriage with Jon, it lasted quite long considering that she was not happy most of the time.

Sure thing, passion dies and stereotype comes to live, husband and wife have to find a way to live together and as you say find the love again, but what if there was no deep love before? What if passion or attraction or both were the only bond? You can't know what they felt (yes neither can I!)

#226560 - 08/24/10 02:28 PM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: ArtLucie]
Bobert Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: New Jersey
I'm going to have to agree with ArtLucie on this one. While marriage is a scared bond that is often taken very lightly and thrown away easily at the first sign of trouble, it also doesn't mean that it's meant to last forever. Furthermore, Teri tried working it out but when you have a partner who does open up or constantly rejects your efforts, that's not much of a marriage.

I remember reading somewhere that Teri often said that her marriage lacked passion (I think it's from her book) and if such is the case then though she was technically married, she truly never felt that way. In fact, she probably felt more married emotionally to Dean then she did with Jon. This is especially prominent considering that Jon made her feel passionless while Dean was her comfort and happiness. Once again that's not to say that having an affair isn't wrong, but as I said before it was understandable. I firmly believe that Teri was afraid to give up on her marriage after such a short time and file for that second divorce. I think that she convinced herself that she could make it work, but it was hard to let go of the warmth and comfort she received Dean. It's a shame, really, because if that facebook quote about keeping in touch is referring to Dean, then maybe they should have stayed together.

#226562 - 08/24/10 02:54 PM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: ArtLucie]
widget Offline

Loc: USA
I remember Teri saying in an article that she never really loved Jon, and on Oprah I remember her saying that she'd try to find men she wouldn't have to have sex with. I'd like to see that Oprah again to get her exact wording.

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  ChrisP, widget, zoomway