Lois and Clark Message Board
a triangle built for two     

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#226563 - 08/24/10 03:38 PM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: widget]
Helena_ Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Sweden
I would also love to see that Oprah interview. It is quotes like that one of Teri's that make me doubt the rumors about her and Dean. She was (is?) so scarred from what happened to her during her childhood, it seems unlikely that she would have a steamy, passionate affair with a-n-yone. If she didn't feel comfortable having sex with her husbands/boyfriends then why would it be any different with Dean?
Clark: "Sorry."
- We Have A Lot To Talk About

#226564 - 08/24/10 09:39 PM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: LCVixen]
Bobert Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: New Jersey
Originally Posted By: LCVixen
There was plenty of speculation that D&T had a short relationship before the show got picked up back in 1993. Of course, this speculation has turned to fact thanks to Justin's interview. So I guess there was always an attraction there.

See, that's exactly what I thought too. The only thing that doesn't make sense about what Justin said was the fact that he didn't join the L&C crew till season 2. How could he possibly have known that Teri and Dean had been on dates unless he saw something, or was told something, during the season 2 shooting. If he did see something on the sets, wouldn't that have been during the season 2 shooting AFTER Teri was already married to Jon? Unless Teri or Dean mentioned it to him, I feel like he was going off of what he personally saw. If that's the case then Dean and Teri were seen dating by Justin during season 2, after she had already married Tenney.

#226566 - 08/25/10 02:12 AM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: Bobert]
zhane Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Krypton
Quote:
If Dean sees Teri coming, he should run away as fast as possible. First, Teri has had two marriages and two divorces which is a huge sign that person is not good at relationships.

In my eyes, that's a ridiculous statement. If you think that about Teri, then you must think the same of Dean? Afterall, he's not exactly had a successful "relationship" over all these years, has he?

The truth is... we'll never know the truth (if any) about Dean and Teri. Justin could have very well been "joking around" with his statement, but again, we'll never know.

#226567 - 08/25/10 05:41 AM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: zhane]
Carolyn Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Lima, Peru
I didn't know about the dates during S1 but I remember a fan saw them together on a kind of vacation trip ('96?) when she had short red hair for a movie.

There's this blooper of S4 filming, in Dean's b-day she and the crew surprises him with a cake and he gives her a peak on the lips as a thank you which I don't think any friends (even best friends do- I could be mistaken, or at least is it normal in the USA?) so I always believed they has a very strong/couple like relationship until at least that moment in time (early S4).

I read there were commentaries from fans back in it's original air time, that said Teri looked fuller and speculated she was pregnat (which was obviously confirmed later) and suspiciously was the time around 'problems' started. I remember comments on this forums about those last eps, when they didn't kiss at all (and before they couldn't take their hands off each other...on screen), so *my personal* belief was that maybe the pregnacy (I think Eco's fic - I read it a couple of years ago, I might not remember correctly - gives that theory) was the trigger for things to end badly...

It's been some time since I lurked around this board so my memories might be -very- fuzzy, so if I'm writing something unaccurately, please correct me.

ETA: With Dean going to the bookparty, IMO he offered his hand and it was her turn to take it, seems like she didn't and now she's *I* think she knew if was her turn and now she might be wondering (going from her FB messages)if he still has it stretched towards her.

Carolyn smile

Edited by Carolyn (08/25/10 05:45 AM)

Pisco & Ceviche = 100% PERUVIAN. Never doubt that!

Thanks to lere8 for my avatar wink

#226569 - 08/25/10 06:03 AM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: Carolyn]
LCVixen Offline
Lane and Kent

I agree with you Carolyn, friends just don't kiss on the lips like that, unless they are more than friends.

They were caught together in Chicago during the "hot" summer of 1996. For people who don't socialize outside of work, you wouldn't think they would vacation together. Of course, it wasn't really a vacation for Teri as she was working on a movie.

It was mentioned above that Teri didn't want to have sex with Jon and that she never really loved him. I think it has to do with the way someone treats you. If someone treats you like dirt and sleeps around on you - would YOU want to have sex with them? Dean was more like Teri's husband for four years. I think she found in Dean something she didn't in other men - true love. He was gentle and loving; He actually cared about her. She even admitted years ago that the only reason Jon wanted to go out with her was because he hadn't been "laid" in a while. Nice, huh? I can totally see why she started a relationship with Dean. They knew each other well - I mean, how can you not after working so closely together? She probably knew Dean better than Jon. It's not a stretch to see why their affair started.

I scanned back through Teri's book the other night and discovered a line where Teri shows her anger and bitterness towards Jon and her marriage. She mentioned that everything she'd worked for - he got half of. Even though, she was the provider and the parent. She said he was never around because he was chasing after whatever he wanted to do. She added that she never loved him and she knew the marriage was bad from the moment they tied the knot.

One last detail, she alluded to some kind of problem that Jon had during their relationship. She said it wasn't gambling or drugs/alcohol, but that now he is seeking help for it. I bet you anything, it's a sex addition. There was a lot of talk that Jon was a habitual cheater and stuck it to anyone willing, so that would make sense. Teri said she would never say exactly what his problem was, but that it did happen and greatly affected their marriage.

#226571 - 08/25/10 07:21 AM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: LCVixen]
nordhoffms Offline
Lane and Kent

Quote by Bobert: "I'm going to have to agree with ArtLucie on this one. While marriage is a scared bond that is often taken very lightly and thrown away easily at the first sign of trouble, it also doesn't mean that it's meant to last forever."

I disagree with your comment that marriage is not meant to last forever. If you haven't heard the marriage vows lately, there is a part in there that says TILL DEATH DO US PART. Marriage is a serious convenant that two people enter into willingly to spend their lives together forever. If a person is not willing to give that type of commitment, then they should not bother tying the knot in the first place. The high level of divorce rate shows how immaturely people treat marriage now days.

If a person knows that a relationship is bad and then marries that someone even though they don't love them, then that should be a big stop sign or avoidance relationship sign to future significant others.

#226573 - 08/25/10 10:49 AM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: nordhoffms]
Helena_ Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Sweden
I don't think people getting divorces are all immature. I understand where you're coming from because one should not rush into marriage, but if the marriage does not work divorce is obivously something one should start to consider. Why be unhappy in a relationship when you could find a better one? It is kind of old fashioned to assume that every marriage lasts a lifetime.

As for Teri and Dean, I am still not a firm believer in the fact that they had an affair. I don't see any real proof even though there is most definitely a possibility that they were more than friends at some point. I wish I would have been older during the 90s so I could have followed the whole thing back then.

I can imagine friends kissing on the lips without it being a big deal. Especially friends that spend their entire work day kissing each other on screen.
Clark: "Sorry."
- We Have A Lot To Talk About

#226574 - 08/25/10 11:14 AM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: nordhoffms]
ArtLucie Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Czech Republic
Originally Posted By: nordhoffms

I disagree with your comment that marriage is not meant to last forever. If you haven't heard the marriage vows lately, there is a part in there that says TILL DEATH DO US PART. Marriage is a serious convenant that two people enter into willingly to spend their lives together forever. If a person is not willing to give that type of commitment, then they should not bother tying the knot in the first place. The high level of divorce rate shows how immaturely people treat marriage now days.

If a person knows that a relationship is bad and then marries that someone even though they don't love them, then that should be a big stop sign or avoidance relationship sign to future significant others.

Okay, so tell me, you'd rather stay in unhappy marriage, have kitchen-cries and depressions all your lifetime instead of breaking a vow and divorce? Does marriage mean more than happy life?
Besides sometimes you are in love, deep love, but still after some time anything can happen and no matter how much you thought the 'big step' over, you may feel the presence of your partner is smothering you.. then why suffer? Divorce isn't a crime..
See, I'd rather divorce ten times than spend my life crying, after all we've been given only one life and it's too precious for me. I would not care what anyone thinks about it, they could call me bad names I wouldn't care.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to argue here with you, I see we have pretty different views on the issue, I'm only saying what I think.

#226575 - 08/25/10 12:05 PM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: ArtLucie]
nordhoffms Offline
Lane and Kent

No, I am not a depressed kitchen crier who sits on a pitypot and has a woe is me mentality. I can find happiness in the present life and also I know that there are alot of people who are worse off than me. There are people out there who are starving, abused, etc. The world would be a better place if people with a woe is me attitudes would think of other people. What a person gets out of life is what they put into it.

Also, I am not totally against divorce which I think should be an option only in cases of abuse or continuous adultery.

#226576 - 08/25/10 12:11 PM Re: Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Theory [Re: nordhoffms]
ArtLucie Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Czech Republic
This seems to be huge marriage discussion between you and me only, I hope others will not mind too much... but I can't not answer on this, sorry.

So just imagine that, if you were Teri you would not divorce Jon? Am I getting you right? We have a idea of how she felt and how the marriage worked (more like not-worked) from her book. So if you were her - I mean exactly her, with the kitchen cries and everything-, you would stay in the marriage? You would not search for happiness?

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  ChrisP, widget, zoomway