Lois and Clark Message Board
a triangle built for two     

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#232751 - 01/07/12 12:36 PM Re: End of Season 1 Question [Re: KateW]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

Quote:
Rewatched the episode and realized Jimmy and Jack were supposed to die. Lex moved them specifically to the area not only to set up Jack but to have them close to the bomb and the fires. It would have worked if Superman wasn't in the building. smile
Lois should have been grieving in Lex's arms instead of worrying about Jack's lawyer or Jimmy's troubles.

Just noticed this in one of the early posts.
It still gets me how thorough Lex was when he was after something, but that's the way he lived his life, and he came so close to succeeding.
I was reading some of the Lois marries Luthor stories but I didn't agree with any of the ways the marriage went. (Big surprise.) The events were too dramatic and noticeable by outsiders. I don't mean the ones where Clark arrives in Metropolis later in the timeline, but the ones where he is there, the same park scene happens and there is no intervention by the police and Lois and Lex marry as planned. I was looking for anyone writing about Lex's wish for a large family and the Virtually Destroyed mention of four children they'd already named.
Haven't found any yet.

#232752 - 01/07/12 12:47 PM Re: End of Season 1 Question [Re: KateW]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

Quote:
he also wears the suit jacket Clark gave to Jack in the alley.

All we know is what Nigel tells Lex. The boys were abandoned as small children and grew up in the system.
That could be a short story. Denny wants Jack to find Kent because of the story he wrote to see if he would help them, but Jack gets to the apartment, no one home, key in a ridiculously easy to find place, and he goes in and sees things he can sell for food. Denny might be annoyed at first, but he'd know Jack's first concern is always going to be taking care of him.
Email sent.

#232774 - 01/09/12 10:52 AM Re: End of Season 1 Question [Re: BevK]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

Quote:
I was looking for anyone writing about Lex's wish for a large family and the Virtually Destroyed mention of four children they'd already named.
Haven't found any yet.

Maybe it's too disquieting that Lois was comfortable enough with him to talk about these things, yet she holds Clark at arms length right up until the wedding(s.) No using his last name, afraid of having kids, yet with Lex: four? Mrs. Luthor? No problem, Lex dear! I know you don't like that she was willing to have a real relationship with a man she didn't love, but not with a man she does love, but she was!

Kate

#232785 - 01/10/12 06:56 PM Re: End of Season 1 Question [Re: KateW]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

Don't remind me.
I've gotten myself interested in comparing online scripts with what ends up on the screen. Some really interesting things are changed and dropped and this just from looking at one revision. Most scripts are changed multiple times.

In looking for non-soul mates stories I've found some that are strange in another way. Strange to me. Just my opinion. Lois accidentally gets pregnant by Clark and isn't at all interested in raising the child, and so he takes the child and raises him/her alone. I'm not sure what to make of them. The child grows up, goes looking for mom and that's when her interest in the child is ignited. Then Lois and Clark get together-- sometimes. Not always. Utopia is assured, apparently, just by a child being born, even if Lois never knows that Clark is Superman until the end. In those stories Lois appears to be expendable. As long as Clark and his parents raise the child, a mother isn't necessary.
Interested?

#232790 - 01/11/12 09:54 AM Re: End of Season 1 Question [Re: BevK]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

Yes I would like to read one. It's a long held belief that all it takes is one loving, caring parent, either one, to raise a child. I'm curious how they live their lives.

Kate

#232794 - 01/11/12 06:38 PM Re: End of Season 1 Question [Re: KateW]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

There is an interesting omission in each of the stories I read. I won't say anymore because I think you'll spot it.

#232818 - 01/14/12 12:39 PM Re: End of Season 1 Question [Re: BevK]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

I'm part way through Too Soon For Love and wondering if the New Kryptonians are going to show up and force her hand?
I get the feeling this writer- IMO- doesn't really like Lois and Clark as a couple but darned if I can figure which one he doesn't like the most! Usually it's pretty easy to figure it out. In the Bosworth/Routh fic a lot of writers liked James Marsden better than either of them.

Kate

#232827 - 01/15/12 10:49 AM Re: End of Season 1 Question [Re: KateW]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

Quote:
but darned if I can figure which one he doesn't like the most!

I think it's equal parts because he's written another story where the ending is anti-soul mates. It's one of those I mentioned a long time ago where I couldn't understand-- and I still don't-- why waste perfectly good time writing about this couple, who you don't like, when you can spend it writing about a couple, or other characters, you do like.
I like James Marsden better, too. I liked him in 27 Dresses too. I need to look for more of the SR fic.

#232841 - 01/16/12 08:17 AM Re: End of Season 1 Question [Re: BevK]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

No New Kryptonians. What a pity but Lois is the more disliked character here so it couldn't happen. It might have put her in a good light. It's a very depressing story and I feel very sorry for that child. What issues to have to carry into a super powered future.
Added:
This is what I was thinking about way, way back when I mentioned being soul mates limits their lives and how they can live it. Neither one can be happy with anyone else and they live empty lives as a result.

Kate

Edited by KateW (01/16/12 09:34 AM)

#232846 - 01/16/12 01:34 PM Re: End of Season 1 Question [Re: KateW]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

Divinity's End is a little better, not so harsh. I had to look and read a part of each story to remember how they go. You might as well read Faux Pas while you're at it since it's an influence for DE.
A while back we talked about how horrible Lois can be to Clark, the terrible things she can say to him and he still can't get her out of his mind and still be forgiven by one-track-mind Clark. She can be pretty bad.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  ChrisP, Kismatt, zoomway