KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

Just in regular revelation stories she can be 'pretty bad!'
Clark needs a breaking point! Why not?

Kate

#232872 - 01/17/12 06:49 PM Re: End of Season 1 Question [Re: KateW]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

Yeah, good idea. He needs to reach a point where he says "that's it!" and makes her work to get back into his good graces instead of the other way around. If anybody called me the names or accused me of the things that come out of her mouth to Clark, I'd walk away and if they wanted to come back after that, darn right they'd have to work for it.
The list of ideas to send my RPG buddies just got one longer. Email sent: story idea, umpteenth.

#232888 - 01/18/12 07:03 AM Re: End of Season 1 Question [Re: BevK]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

No kidding. As a human male and not an alien raised as a human, he has feelings that can be hurt and a temperament that can be pushed far enough to last a while, or until he got an acceptable apology.

Kate

#232890 - 01/18/12 02:21 PM Re: End of Season 1 Question [Re: KateW]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

Do you mean being written as a human male? I can agree. He should have the same options as anyone else, including getting angry at Lois as she does at him. Still, it would be kind of jarring to see him stand up for himself after getting used to seeing him written so weak when it comes to her. Walking around with slumped shoulders and head hanging down, all listless and unhappy because Lois is mad at him for being Superman and refuses to talk to him or acknowledge his presence.
My writer friend thinks that was the purpose of Superman getting angry and threatening to renounce his citizenship. Fans and non-fans alike were aghast and hated it. He was ticked off and no one liked it. He wonders how far they'll take the 'modern angry young man' Superman because of the reaction.
Thinking of it that way, I'm not sure which I think is worse, a guy with slumped shoulders who can't take rejection or an angry guy who can fly off the handle and sting with his words. Of course that would put him on even ground with fanfic Lois and her angry mouth! LOL!

#232895 - 01/19/12 07:48 AM Re: End of Season 1 Question [Re: BevK]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

That's true. The ease with which she accuses Clark of rape or seduction and getting him fired or forcing him to resign is amazing. And he slinks away!
The only thing in his defense against being so weak is that he hadn't quit his job yet when he and his parents were packing up his apartment during the booger era. He didn't run. He was leaving but he didn't run. This time he was more professional and he seems to have been planning to give some notice at the paper and say good-bye to his friends. It would have been painful for many reasons but I can't think of any other reason why he was taking his time and had his parents there helping. He could have been out of there in a blur and that would have been running.

Kate

#232906 - 01/19/12 04:28 PM Re: End of Season 1 Question [Re: KateW]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

I've wondered about that, too. He wasn't exactly hightailing it out of there, but in fiction he does. Sometimes he gets angry first! Actually angry! Have you read one of those yet? He still takes her back too easily, but at least he vented a couple of times! I've read only one, a Friends crossover, where Lois goes looking for him after a while. It's fine, but I was never into Friends so I didn't get the jokes.
Usually Clark returns for one reason or another and things get sorted out, but most of the time he leaves and she misses him but life goes on. Until he comes back.

Edited by BevK (01/19/12 06:12 PM)

#232911 - 01/20/12 07:11 AM Re: End of Season 1 Question [Re: BevK]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

Quote:
Sometimes he gets angry first! Actually angry! Have you read one of those yet?

Not yet. I did read one where Lois got so angry that he was Superman that she left town! Clark moped for a week and everyone at work felt sorry for him dragging himself to work with tears in his eyes. Then she called and his answering machine took the call because he couldn't find the energy to answer it himself and before she even hung up the phone at her end, Superman was standing in front of her! LOL! Like that wasn't going to reignite her anger.

Kate

#232917 - 01/20/12 06:33 PM Re: End of Season 1 Question [Re: KateW]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

No brains when it comes to her, that boy. That's funny! But seriously, what would have happened if he ignored her phone call? She would have stormed back to find out why!
Gloria from the RPG finally sent me a link to the Cat Grant married to Scardino story: Catherine Scardino
Oh, just as I wrote that my screensaver changed to an LnC screen shot-- I can't think of the episode but it was the one where Lois was under the table disarming Mindy Church's bomb. Mindy's an out of focus pink blur in the background glaring at LnC.
Anyway, not bad (the story of Cat and Dan) but why is Clark jealous? And why did Perry give out their number? Perry is becoming such a disappointment in ff all of a sudden. wink

#232923 - 01/21/12 08:00 AM Re: End of Season 1 Question [Re: BevK]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

No, Cat is still too good for him!

Do you want to know how out of the private lives of the actors I am? When that gossip post about Dean Cain's former girlfriend showed up I saw "Mindy has gone missing" and I thought of the actress who played Mindy Church! LOL! Then I read the post and it was someone totally different. And there I was trying to remember the name of the actress who played Mindy Church and why she might be missing. I would miserably flunk any Cain or Hatcher trivia.

Poor Clark is just doomed to be that insecure when it comes to Lois I guess. As I said before I've had too much RL experience dealing with the consequences of jealousy to see it as an attractive trait in a man or a woman but he dealt with it well. After the first pang he was able to put it aside for the sake of civility.
As for Perry- it made me laugh. Everyone likes to stir up trouble now and then, even surrogate dads who have no real ties to their surrogate daughters. I doubt it would occur to him to respond if she was his real daughter.

Kate, trying hard but vainly to shut up- but he obviously doesn't know just how far that booger went to win!!! (j/k)

#232930 - 01/21/12 02:02 PM Re: End of Season 1 Question [Re: KateW]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

Come on! Tell Dan "no hard feelings!"

I still say Clark had no reason to react with jealousy. If he could date Lois at the same as she dated Dan and end up married to her he has no reason to be jealous of the other guy-- despite what we suspect of him. LOL!

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  zoomway