New Page 1

Lois and Clark Message Board
a triangle built for two     

Page 1 of 86 1 2 3 ... 85 86 >
Topic Options
#232699 - 01/03/12 04:06 PM I'm Tired of Angry Birds!
BevK Online   content
Clark Defender

Even if I have to do everything under spoiler space, I'm tired of video games, and I'm going to start reading fanfic again and, as long as I'm in the forums, I'm going to write something about them. No one is under any obligation to read it and the Boss of Us can, of course, step in at any time.
Kate, I'll be happy to see you back when and if you feel comfortable.
Turning my sights on some stories.

vbE (in disguise)

#232701 - 01/03/12 09:07 PM Re: I'm Tired of Angry Birds! [Re: BevK]
bellekettle2 Offline
Lane and Kent

I'll be happy to see you back!

Along with feedback on stories. I'm working my way through Jenni Debbage's Kent family series right now.

#232702 - 01/04/12 06:17 AM Re: I'm Tired of Angry Birds! [Re: BevK]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

Quote:
vbE (in disguise)

I'll be in later. m/oI need to finish apologizing first. When email is involved it must be done more than once. BTW, how are you keeping your dad out of it? LOL!

Kate

#232703 - 01/04/12 09:52 AM Re: I'm Tired of Angry Birds! [Re: bellekettle2]
BevK Online   content
Clark Defender

Quote:
Along with feedback on stories.

Thank you. I'm Beverly, never called anything but Bev, even in school.

Quote:
I'll be in later

Good. Glad to hear it. M/O Easily. My mom is a long time member of this MB and the other LnC board. She told me to come here back in 2010 when I was renewing my interest in the series. I see her screen name a lot in the older posts but she hasn't posted in a long time. If she wants to make herself known, that's up to her. Dad would never butt in because she'll know.)

#232713 - 01/05/12 08:20 AM Re: I'm Tired of Angry Birds! [Re: BevK]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

Quote:
Along with feedback on stories.

Thank you. I'm Beverly, never called anything but Bev, even in school.

I second the 'thank you,' said Kate.
(Did they call you Bev in school )because of Beverly Crusher?)

Quote:
My mom is a long time member

Yikes! I feel self conscious, but.....
I had the chance to watch Virtually Destroyed, too as well as read the fics you had listed.
Remember "The Purple Rose of Cairo?" Throughout the episode I kept thinking, "Come on cinema gods! Let this Clark step out of the screen and into the living room at any time. I'll be happy to have him." Clark/Dean looked so good, even in the totally unnecessary shoulder pads in the suit jacket.
I had been thinking about the way Clark was presented in "Heartache Tonight" and "Tryst" and those two Clarks can step off the page and out of the monitors at any time, too. I liked the worldly, slightly more sophisticated guy in HT. He's the "war veteran Luke" you mentioned earlier, the farm boy changed by his travels.

Kate

#232716 - 01/05/12 12:08 PM Re: I'm Tired of Angry Birds! [Re: KateW]
BevK Online   content
Clark Defender

Got a few minutes here. Yes, it was one of the first adult movies I ever saw, that I got to watch with the adults.
Forget about those cinema gods-- they're useless. I live in the Denver area and Dean Cain has had a home in Aspen for years and he's shot a movie in state recently. Did the cinema gods conspire to get me near either place while he's there? No! Did they ever get me to the airport the same time he might be passing through? No! Did they ever guide me to make a mutual friend somewhere? No!
They're useless!
The Twilight Zone gods might be better. I've seen an episode of that about an older actress (Ida Lupino?) who watches her younger self on screen when she was a star and in the end she walks into the movie screen and becomes the part she played in her old movie.
You were saying you were fooled by Scardino even though you weren't a part of their universe! Maybe you can get revenge from the Twilight Zone. wink

Added:
Quote:
I liked the worldly, slightly more sophisticated guy in HT. He's the "war veteran Luke" you mentioned earlier, the farm boy changed by his travels.

I have only about 3000 stories to go so I hope I find more like this, where Clark is a little more worldly. It doesn't hurt the character as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by BevK (01/05/12 06:02 PM)

#232736 - 01/06/12 07:42 AM Re: I'm Tired of Angry Birds! [Re: BevK]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

Quote:
Forget about those cinema gods-- they're useless.

Yeah with my luck Scardino will walk out of the screen. "Hey, you used to like me.I'm still a nice charming guy! I lose, right? And never come back to make more trouble. What's not to like here?"
Kick! (three or four times)
Actually being less annoyed at Scardino than just a few weeks ago, I reread one of the stories where he is featured, but no. I simply don't like him anymore. There is no going back. It makes me kind of waffle back and forth on whether I want to read stories where he is working for B39 or a part of the government that is anti Superman.

Kate, plotting how to beat up a government agent if he ever did walk out of the TV screen

#232740 - 01/06/12 03:24 PM Re: I'm Tired of Angry Birds! [Re: KateW]
BevK Online   content
Clark Defender

Quote:
plotting how to beat up a government agent if he ever did walk out of the TV screen

Just punch him in the nose! Jim Pirri does a bit part in an episode of "Without A Trace" that is shown frequently on ION. He's a guy who comes on too strong trying to flirt with a couple of teachers working out in a gym, and one gets angry and smacks him in the face and makes his nose bleed. Yeah, teachers rule!
Come to think of it Jimmy Olsen punched him in the face, too, didn't he? That's it by acclamation then, the popular way of dealing with his characters.
I don't remember any fics with this happening, though. If they are there, they are still hiding in the thousands of stories I have to read.

#232750 - 01/07/12 07:10 AM Re: I'm Tired of Angry Birds! [Re: BevK]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

Quote:
If they are there, they are still hiding in the thousands of stories I have to read.

As I said I'm waffling on this guy in fanfic. I'm curious but unmotivated to read or even look for stories. The few I've read so far haven't changed my mind.
Boy, the perils of letting looks influence you sometimes, huh?

Quote:
I'm working my way through Jenni Debbage's Kent family series right now.

I looked for them wondering if it was the series with the ten or twelve kids, but this series is different.

Kate

#232753 - 01/07/12 02:29 PM Re: I'm Tired of Angry Birds! [Re: KateW]
BevK Online   content
Clark Defender

Quote:
Boy, the perils of letting looks influence you sometimes, huh?

He is a good looking guy, and so was Larry Poindexter I've only spotted him once on TV. I don't remember the show but it was about three years ago. He had very nice salt and pepper hair and I had to look twice to recognize him. His face is a little more full, too.
M/O
Quote:
but this series is different.

I want to make a joke about it, but it might be too soon?

Page 1 of 86 1 2 3 ... 85 86 >

Moderator:  zoomway