a triangle built for two     

Topic Options
#233280 - 02/10/12 08:18 AM FDK - Lois Lane - Mother of Utopia - 3/7
KenJ Online   content
Lane and Kent

Loc: Florida
Comments are welcomed.

Edited by KenJ (02/16/12 09:00 AM)

#233284 - 02/10/12 01:54 PM Re: FDK - Lois Lane - Mother of Utopia - 3/4 [Re: KenJ]
PMC12 Offline
Lane and Kent

How does dominant genes affect super powers? Don't the powers come from interaction with a yellow sun? Anyone with Kryptonian physiology would have superpowers wouldn't they?
It's an interesting idea about the aura protection changing the human spouses' physiology.

#233290 - 02/10/12 03:11 PM Re: FDK - Lois Lane - Mother of Utopia - 3/4 [Re: PMC12]
KenJ Online   content
Lane and Kent

Yes, the yellow sun is what gives the Kryptonians the powers. That combined with the smaller planet having lower gravity. However, without the Kryptonian genes there are no super powers. smile

I have read some fics where through genetic dilution the powers are lost in succeeding generations. That will not happen if the genes are dominant. evil

RE: The aura changing the Earth human physiology - That was the only way I could think of that could explain the dificulty in acheiving a pregnancy. blush

If you continue to follow the series it will be explained in greater detail. wink

I am further along on the LCFicmbs board. I will be using an accellerated posting schedule here until I have both boards at the same point and then I will be posting two chapters a week, Tuesday and Friday.

I am in Volume 2 on the other board.

Edited by KenJ (02/10/12 03:13 PM)

#233304 - 02/11/12 12:56 PM Re: FDK - Lois Lane - Mother of Utopia - 3/4 [Re: KenJ]
PMC12 Offline
Lane and Kent

Okay, I was just curious what you were using as your standard. Genes wouldn't dilute like water, just get fewer in number per cell but would stay fully Kryptonian throughout many generations.
Your aura idea has taken the place of evolutionary changes. Very original.

#233341 - 02/13/12 08:29 AM Re: FDK - Lois Lane - Mother of Utopia - 3/4 [Re: PMC12]
KenJ Online   content
Lane and Kent

Genetically when the germ cells join to form the zygote there is a sharing of genetic information. Certain traits can be called dominant and will carry through while others are recessive and overwritten by the dominant trait. In th ecase of the Kryptonian genes, if they were not dominant they could be overwritten by the dominant Earth genes and eliminated from the future gene pool therefore being lost to future generations. In order to insure that future generations are super, the Kryptonian genes have to be dominant and carry through the generations or else there could be the possibility of future generations losing the powers.

#233495 - 02/22/12 03:14 PM Re: FDK - Lois Lane - Mother of Utopia - 3/4 [Re: KenJ]
PMC12 Offline
Lane and Kent

Fisher vs. Wright, huh? LOL! Too complicated to get into for fanfiction. I concede.

#233511 - 02/23/12 11:56 AM Re: FDK - Lois Lane - Mother of Utopia - 3/4 [Re: PMC12]
KenJ Online   content
Lane and Kent

You can take the guy out of the lab, but, you can't take the lab out of the guy.

I spent thirty years as a scientist doing Organic and analytical chemistry and also Entomology.

Moderator:  zoomway