New Page 1

Lois and Clark Message Board
a triangle built for two     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#233371 - 02/15/12 09:08 AM It's On.....
thfan Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Southampton, UK

http://northhollywood.patch.com/articles...tmate-s-lawsuit

The lawsuit is set for Feb 21st.

Quote:
Sheridan, 48, filed her suit in April 2010 against Marc Cherry, ABC and Touchstone Television Productions.

Both sides have submitted tentative witness lists, which are subject to revision, to Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Elizabeth Allen White. Along with Sheridan and Cherry, other names mentioned as witnesses include Marcia Cross, Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman and Eva Longoria.

Edited by thfan (02/15/12 10:10 AM)
Edit Reason: added site link

#233584 - 02/27/12 08:32 AM Re: It's On..... [Re: thfan]
thfan Offline
Lane and Kent

More detail as the jury selection process begins today......

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...t-showdown.html

Quote:
5. Sheridan’s lawyers estimate the actress will testify for eight hours. They also will call several Desperate Housewives writers and producers, former ABC president Steve McPherson, former ABC Studios chief Mark Pedowitz (who is now the president of the CW network), ABC Studios executives, her publicist, Nicole Perna, and her entertainment lawyer, Neil Meyer.
6. Cherry’s list includes all the lead actors on the show, a few of the same writers and producers being called by Sheridan, McPherson, Pedowitz, and veteran writer-producer Neal Baer, who now runs A Gifted Man and has never worked on Desperate Housewives, as an expert witness.
7. Although executive producers Robert Daily and Sabrina Wind are being called as witnesses for both sides, they have both vouched for Cherry in their depositions. They stated that they met with Cherry and Pedowitz on May 22, 2008, to discuss killing off Edie Britt.

#233590 - 02/27/12 01:26 PM Re: It's On..... [Re: thfan]
LJacobs Offline
Lane and Kent

Actually the rest of the article is just as interesting and illuminating.

Jeff Greenstein, who has recently finished his stint on DH has stood by Sheridan in his deposition. "Greenstein has stated that he attended a meeting on May 22, 2008, and the subject of killing off Edie never came up."

Sabrina Wind, producing partner to Cherry and executive producer with him on their next project, Devious Maids, has given a different account of the same meeting and states that they met to "discuss killing off Edie Britt."

It will be interesting to see how the two main protagonists come across to the jury. A few comments from the recent TCA press tour on how the DH panel sessions run are revealing:

"People, the time is now to get in on the pool. How many DesperateHousewives ?s will Marc Cherry NOT answer?"

"Here goes Marc Cherry moderating the panel again."

"Well, at least Eva got to answer one question. The Marc Cherry Show has begun."

Suffice to say it has become something of a standing joke amongst the media who have been at the DH sessions for the last 8 years whether any of the cast members will actually get the opportunity to answer any of the questions.

Sheridan has doggedly pursued this case when others might have backed off. Not sure I would want to get on the wrong side of Mr Cherry.

#233609 - 02/28/12 09:16 AM Re: It's On..... [Re: LJacobs]
thfan Offline
Lane and Kent

http://www-deadline-com.vimg.net/wp-cont...20227211317.pdf

Here is the full pdf file of the court papers, with a complete witness list. Three of the four main housewives are included by name, but Teri is not!!

#233675 - 03/02/12 08:57 AM Re: DH SPOILERS and speculation [Re: thfan]
KenJ Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Florida

#233758 - 03/08/12 09:25 PM Re: DH SPOILERS and speculation [Re: KenJ]
widget Offline

Loc: USA
Inside Edition had a story today that really trashed Teri mad

http://www.insideedition.com/news/7797/desperate-housewives-feud-put-in-spotlight.aspx

We know that Teri and Nicollette were friends, with Emerson even riding horses at Nicollette's place, or something to that effect, and I remember the first time I heard Emerson speak, Nicollette was with Teri and Emerson, so is Marc Cherry full of it or what?

#233760 - 03/09/12 06:12 AM Re: DH SPOILERS and speculation [Re: widget]
Quel Lane Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Hanover, Maryland, USA
I wonder if Cherry is trying to make stuff up to trash Nicolette Sheridan to the jury. Widget, I also remember that Teri and Nicolette were very close in the beginning of the show so I'm not sure if this story about them fighting on set is real or not. I didn't like the article at all because it does portray Teri as a b**** and a Diva. We'll have to wait and see what happens. Wonder if Teri will address Cherry's allegation any time soon.

#233761 - 03/09/12 06:21 AM Re: DH SPOILERS and speculation [Re: widget]
LolaDane3 Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: New Jersey
That incident that Marc was referring to was a scene in S1 of DH. Could Teri have gotten agitated that her co-worker didn't come prepared? Most likely. There's nothing worse for an actor to waste her day waiting for someone else to pull it together. As we are reminded "time is money", and possibly Teri and other crew members had a call-time somewhere else--since they do shoot multiple scenes in one day.

But that doesn't mean that Teri and Nicolette hadn't patched things up since then. As Widget mentioned, they were around each other socially after S1 of DH. So, IMO, this probably did happen and Marc is just trying to get the jury on his side proving that Sheridan is "difficult to work with".

Lois: The message on my E-mail said 'secret shipment'. This is it! This is when it's arriving! It's probably coke!!...Or heroin!!

Clark:...Or pencil sharpeners.

#233766 - 03/09/12 07:42 AM Re: DH SPOILERS and speculation [Re: LolaDane3]
thfan Offline
Lane and Kent

Quote:
Inside Edition had a story today that really trashed Teri

Like most of the news items surrounding this case, all the more 'tabloidy' websites tend to give them the most dramatic spin possible. As LolaDane3 says, Teri was probably upset to some extent by Nic's poor memory for lines, just how much is anyone's guess. The fact is, I remember one of the DVD bloopers was a similar scene between Susan and Edie, perhaps the one referred to here. Teri is seen to laughingly correct Nic's line and she (Nic) throws a mock punch at Teri. There is reason to suppose they were good friends off-set though.....

Everyone testifying in this case has a vested interest of some kind and the press consider all this a windfall, to say the least. Throughout the run of the show, friction among the main cast has been assumed and time after time it has been shown not to exist. In the long term, the truth will out.

#233881 - 03/16/12 02:51 PM Re: DH SPOILERS and speculation [Re: thfan]
thfan Offline
Lane and Kent

Close, but no cigar....yet!

http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/update-d...ach-settlement/

Quote:
THE DEADLINE TEAM | Friday March 16, 2012 @ 1:34pm PDT

UPDATE, 1:52 PM: The jury said it is “hopelessly deadlocked.” They are split 8-4 and Judge Elizabeth Allen White told them just now to take the weekend to think about it and come back Monday. If they can’t come to a verdict, she told them, she’ll have to declare a mistrial. “I know how frustrating this must be,” Judge White said.

PREVIOUSLY: Nicollette Sheridan and ABC may be trying to settle in the actress’ wrongful termination suit against Desperate Housewives producer Marc Cherry and the network. A source close to the case told Deadline that if the 12-person jury could not come to a verdict by 1:30 this afternoon, lawyers Mark Baute for the plaintiff and Adam Levin for the defense, and their teams, will meet in front of judge Helen Bendix. And they’re gathering in Bendix’s courtroom now. Any discussions between the lawyers will happen behind closed doors in Judge Bendix’s chambers.

The jury continued its second day of deliberations today, with no verdict reached so far. Deliberations ended Thursday afternoon when the jury informed trial judge Elizabeth Allen White that it was “having difficulty reaching a verdict.”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  zoomway