Lois and Clark Message Board
a triangle built for two     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#233972 - 03/24/12 08:01 PM Entertainment Weekly
LolaDane3 Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: New Jersey
Has anyone seen the Desperate Housewives issue?? Looked twice within the last two days and have just seen a Mad Men cover and Game of Thrones cover. But reports say its on stands?? Am I going nuts, or just need to wait until next week?

Lois: The message on my E-mail said 'secret shipment'. This is it! This is when it's arriving! It's probably coke!!...Or heroin!!

Clark:...Or pencil sharpeners.

#233973 - 03/24/12 08:05 PM Re: Entertainment Weekly [Re: LolaDane3]
LolaDane3 Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: New Jersey
Nevermind...answered my own question. Magazine will be out on the 30th if anyone is interested to read.

Lois: The message on my E-mail said 'secret shipment'. This is it! This is when it's arriving! It's probably coke!!...Or heroin!!

Clark:...Or pencil sharpeners.

#233976 - 03/25/12 06:50 AM Re: Entertainment Weekly [Re: LolaDane3]
LoisLaneKent 33 Offline
Lane and Kent

I'm going to miss these ladies! I wonder what's next for them after desperate Housewives ends?

#233993 - 03/26/12 04:47 AM Re: Entertainment Weekly [Re: LoisLaneKent 33]
romwriter96 Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Manitoba, Canada
One of the entertainment shows was making a big issue out of the pic. They commented on how Teri was off by herself in the pic while the other ladies had entwined arms. I thought maybe Teri was photoshopped in at the last minute or something.

You know the tabloids are going make them "non-friends" until the very end.

Nancy

#233995 - 03/26/12 07:01 AM Re: Entertainment Weekly [Re: romwriter96]
Quel Lane Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Hanover, Maryland, USA
Nancy, you know ever since I saw this picture I thought the same way... that maybe Teri was photographed separately and photoshopped in later. She seems to be away from the others. If that's the case one has to wonder why that happened. I've been wondering the whole season why Teri seems to be away from the other girls when they're promoting DH. She was the only one that didn't show up to Felicity's Walk of Fame event... even Vanessa Williams was there. Unfortunately she is fueling all the gossip that they don't get along. I guess it doesn't really matter now that DH is ending but I wonder what happened between them.

#233997 - 03/26/12 07:48 AM Re: Entertainment Weekly [Re: Quel Lane]
thfan Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Southampton, UK
There have been many group pictures in the past in which there has been speculation as to whether they were all present at the shoot. Apart from the different DH set filming schedules each of them has, I think they are all shot individually against a green screen and combined later. This has the advantage of allowing more versatility in lineup order or the use of single shots elsewhere.

The mix of Housewives at any given event is bound to vary. Vanessa has twice attended Teri's Halloween evenings at Teri's home, Teri was at Eva's wedding, while Felicity and Dana attended Teri's B&M celebrations and her book signing. James Denton has frequently been at a number of Disney or ABC events (usually with Teri), not to mention assorted charity events and Band from TV gigs. Is there a problem because the rest of the Housewives didn't attend every one? No-one seems to think so........

#234000 - 03/26/12 09:04 AM Re: Entertainment Weekly [Re: thfan]
LJacobs Offline
Lane and Kent

Roll on the end of DH is what I say. As Teri herself says in the EW article “When the showrunner says he’s out of story lines, then it’s the right time (to go)”. Sorry, if others feel differently. Maybe all this nonsense about who is friends with who will then go away. We are talking about four supposedly mature women, not giggly teenagers in the school yard trying to earn the title of “Mr Cherry’s favorite actress this season” so they can get the best storylines by being everyone’s best friend. I find it all rather childish and I’m glad that Teri stays out of it. You will get different dynamics and friendships in any group of co-workers. Many people like to keep a clear defining line between the workplace and home.

In the same EW article Felicity Huffman says “It’s interesting you put four women together and they go, “Are they fighting? Are they fighting!” You put four men together and that’s not what their questions are. So I wonder if it’s a bit of double standard”. Too right it is and we as women shouldn’t be playing along with it. It plays right into the hands of Mr Cherry and his ilk.

#234002 - 03/26/12 11:09 AM Re: Entertainment Weekly [Re: LolaDane3]
jude Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: The Evergreen State, USA
I thought the article had several inaccuracies about things in the past, and it did say that at least one quoate by Teri was e-mailed in. I found it hard to believe Marc Cherry's quote that Nicollette said that Teri was the meanest woman around. It was certainly not the kind of story the ladies or the show deserved as episodes wind down.

What's next for them? That would have been a much more interesting focus. As for Marc Charry's new show? No thanks.

Jude

#234003 - 03/26/12 12:48 PM Re: Entertainment Weekly [Re: jude]
LJacobs Offline
Lane and Kent

I agree.

It seems Mr Cherry was happy to hang the ladies out to dry to try and save his own skin at the recent trial. The following snippets from trial coverage by The Hollywood Reporter and Daily Mail Online give you an insight as to what went on behind the scenes.

Cherry also recalled being asked to come to the set during the shooting of a scene between Sheridan and another actress during the first season of the show. “There was a problem going on between Nicollette Sheridan and Teri Hatcher,” recalled Cherry, adding that “they were furious with each other.” “Nicollette pulled me aside,” added Cherry, “and told me that Teri Hatcher was the meanest woman in the world because of how she was acting.” At that point, Sheridan’s lawyer objected, and the judge ruled Cherry could not continue his narrative. On Wednesday, after the court session, Sheridan’s attorney Mark Baute insisted that his client and Hatcher are now friends. (The Hollywood Reporter)

But after the actress left the stand Cherry gave some of his side of the events - and said that Sheridan's co-stars Eva Longoria and Felicity Huffman wanted her off the show. He told the court that after learning that the character of Edie Britt would be killed off the pair were happy and he said: 'They were relieved.' (Daily Mail Online)

Desperate Housewives executive producer George Perkins returned to the witness stand Friday morning in Nicollette Sheridan's $6 million wrongful-termination lawsuit in Los Angeles and said the actress was late arriving for work about “50 percent of the time” during her five seasons on the show. He also said he had to talk to her “multiple times” each season about not knowing her lines. (The Hollywood Reporter)

Huynh said the jury voted 8-4 at the outset of deliberations and did not waver throughout three days of considering the evidence. According to Crosby and Huynh, much of the jury’s debate centered on the testimony of George Perkins, a Housewives executive producer whom employees were told to call if they felt their rights had been violated. Sheridan contacted Perkins the day after Cherry struck her in the head in Sept. 2008. Perkins testified that when Cherry brought Sheridan back for the final episode of season five – weeks after she was told to clear out – it was not a creative necessity but rather to embarrass her in the hope that she would not show up and breach her contract. That testimony reinforced Sheridan’s message that she had been a victim of retaliation when her character was written out of the show. Retaliation, said Crosby, is “very subtle. It’s something that may be hard to prove." (The Hollywood Reporter)

It seems there was not much love shown to Sheridan from Longoria and Huffman. And at the very least, Nicollette should have shown a little courtesy to her co-star by learning the 5-6 lines she had in the scene with Teri who was probably annoyed with her lack of preparation. In the heat of the moment, Nicollette probably did sound off to Cherry along the lines described. But he had no need to repeat it at the trial and it only served to fuel the headlines about fueding co-stars when in fact the reverse was true of Teri and Nicollette in subsequent seasons. Seems he likes to stir the pot. And for Cherry to bring Nicollette back for the final season episode to embarrrass her in the hope she would not show up and breach her contract is just outright mean and vindictive.

If Sheridan wins the 2nd trial it will be interesting to see what she says at the end of it all.

It does seem from the tone of the current EW article that if they weren't ready to say goodbye to Wisteria Lane at the beginning of the season the ladies sure seem ready to move on now.

Edited by LJacobs (03/26/12 01:23 PM)

#234006 - 03/26/12 04:41 PM Re: Entertainment Weekly [Re: LJacobs]
widget Offline

Loc: USA
When I saw this picture I said, "Uh oh, another hint that something must be going on behind the scenes." I haven't read the article yet. I hope Teri one day explains why she's been MIA this entire season, except for that press tour, which I assume maybe she had to go to under contract.

#234014 - 03/27/12 12:12 AM Re: Entertainment Weekly [Re: widget]
LJacobs Offline
Lane and Kent

No surprises that Cherry has his favorite on board for his next show:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/eva-longoria-joins-abc-pilot-devious-maids-as-executive-producer/

Comments posted below the article are not very complimentary about either of them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ChrisP, Kismatt, widget, zoomway