New Page 1

Lois and Clark Message Board
a triangle built for two     

Topic Options
#243279 - 07/12/13 10:54 PM New virus
KittyHuang Offline
SuperGirl1970 Carver of SL

Loc: Chicago (North West Side)
I just got a virus on my pc. after a few minutes of use, an warning sign comes up and tells me that microsoft is in violations of government law. To unlock your pc you must go to walmart, jewel, and walgreen to buy the unlock code for 3.95. How do I get rid of this virus?

Edited by Kitty001 (07/12/13 10:54 PM)

"There is a hero in all of us, we just have to let it shine." -- Dark Guardian

"People have forgotten to stand up and speak out for what's right." -- DC Guardian

"Evil prevails when good men do nothing" -- Phantom Zero

Favorite video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLvVSWaiv...ture=plpp_video and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvVeSIEwb...p;lf=plpp_video

#243283 - 07/13/13 04:17 AM Re: New virus [Re: KittyHuang]
Kismatt Offline

Lowly Tech Personage/Owner ;)

Loc: St Louis, MO USA
You have a pair of Trojans on your computer: Citadel & Reveton. These two malicious programs work in tandem to try to get you to pay them to 'unlock' your computer. We in the internet security biz know this as the "FBI Virus".

You need to take your computer in and have a tech clean it. Those two Trojans are *nasty* to get rid of. I'd back up as much of your info as you can, and take the computer in to a tech.

Sorry I can't give you better news. You *never*, NEVER want to send money using green-dot or a pre-paid card to an unknown person or company.

It's a SCAM.

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other
side of the planet...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)

Moderator:  ChrisP, Kismatt, widget