Lois and Clark Message Board
a triangle built for two     

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#249114 - 11/09/14 09:53 AM Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( [Re: widget]
deans-superchic Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Tampa Bay, FL, USA
As others have said, such a sad loss. May she RIP. Sending condolences to her family and friends. FoLCdom will continue on but will never be the same.
It's A State Of Mind.

#249115 - 11/09/14 10:20 AM Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( [Re: widget]
LMA Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: USA
So sad to hear the news. What an unbelievable loss. Many thoughts and prayers to her family. I've always been such a fan of her writing, so amazed by her knowledge of the show and Superman, and so thankful to her for giving this fandom a 'voice'. She will be greatly missed...

Laura

Edited by LMA (11/09/14 10:21 AM)
-"Oh?"
-"Sure, you had three hot dogs at the festival."
-"See, that shows how well you don't know me. I only eat like that when I am miserable..."

~Clark and Lois (who is definitely not miserable) in 'The Green, Green Glow of Home'~

#249116 - 11/09/14 10:37 AM Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( [Re: widget]
CCMalo Offline
Lane and Kent

This is a huge shock..

Zoomís stories were among my favourites back in the beginning, and I will always be grateful for the pleasure this mbs gave me (her very nice sense of humour!) and the friends I found here. She encouraged me when I was writing as Iím sure she did with other writers too. She made such a big difference to so many of us.

#249117 - 11/09/14 10:54 AM Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( [Re: widget]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

What sad news to hear. My condolences to her family and friends. I'm sorry for your loss. It affects us all.

KateW

#249118 - 11/09/14 10:57 AM Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( [Re: widget]
Leuch Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Iowa
I'm very sad to hear this news. Zoom and I never met, but we chatted on countless evenings on IRC. She was always so level-headed and knowledgeable. Her write-ups on these message boards were always wonderful, and even though it's been years since I've been active in the fandom, I'd still pop by here periodically to see if she had anything new. RIP Zoom - you will be missed.

#249120 - 11/09/14 11:33 AM Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( [Re: Leuch]
Artemis Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: California outback
Such sad and unexpected (for me) news. I had no idea she was battling cancer, that was the kind of wonderful woman she was.
As all have said, she was clever, insightful, gracious and tech savvy. And ever helpful. Do we have someone to be the new "Boss of Us" and carry on? This site and her others should be her legacy.
Start a Folcsite in heaven, Zoom!
regards
Artemis

#249121 - 11/09/14 12:58 PM Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( [Re: widget]
In4Adventure Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: German island in the North Sea
What sad news to wake up to today. We lost a leader, a FoLC, a friend. Zoom was such a knowledgeable, kind, funny, and witty person. Without her and the message boards I would have never met so many great people that I call my friends. I will be forever greatful for this playground she created for us and am glad she is no longer in pain.
We will all miss you dearly Zoom. Thank you and God bless. Please say hello to Anita for me. At least now you can continue your epic discussions. smile
Love always,
Tascha

#249123 - 11/09/14 04:01 PM Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( [Re: widget]
Darth Michael Offline
Lane and Kent

This is very sad news indeed. I only knew Zoom from the way she orchestrated these boards and the stories I read when I first joined FoLC-dom. My thoughts are with those who had the privilege to do more than play in her playground.

Bye, Zoom. You will be missed!
Michael

#249124 - 11/09/14 04:02 PM Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( [Re: widget]
Quel Lane Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Hanover, Maryland, USA
This is such sad news frown I haven't posted on the boards in forever but always try and keep an eye on everything from time to time. I'm just so upset by this. I have always loved Zoom's humor and her posts were always entertaining. Without her and this boards I wouldn't have met my husband and so many wonderful people that I have called my friends through the years. What a terrible loss for us all. Zoom will be missed for sure. R.I.P. Zoom! Hope you find some FoLCs up there to keep you company.

Raquel (who is having a really hard time with this news frown )

#249125 - 11/09/14 06:47 PM Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( [Re: widget]
PMC12 Offline
Lane and Kent

I didn't know Zoom at all except from her posts here which were so knowlegdable and often humorous.
My sympathies to all of you who knew her and to her family and friends.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Kismatt, widget