New Page 1

Lois and Clark Message Board
a triangle built for two     

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#249161 - 11/14/14 07:24 PM Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( [Re: widget]
Lote Offline
Jimmy Olsen

I heard on last Sunday but has not had a chance to come in before. It was a shocking news as I have not heard about her battle with cancer.

She has been a constant presence in LnC Folc world that it is difficult to imagine one without her. My condolences to her family and loved ones.

Like someone said above, I hope these boards will carry on as part of her legacy. RIP Zoom.

Lote

#249184 - 11/20/14 10:50 AM Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( [Re: widget]
cafeameric Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Chicago
I haven't been to the boards in quite a while, but Donna emailed me the sad news about Zoom last week. I'm at a loss for words (which Zoom never was) This fandom was a wonderful gift from her to the rest of us. She was one of the kindest people I ever met, and she always had time to answer questions about the show or the comics or the superman mythos, or to help with techie issues. My condolences to Mr. Zoom and the rest of her family; she'll be greatly missed by all of us.

Cafeameric (Pat)

#249192 - 11/22/14 04:10 PM Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( [Re: widget]
nle Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
I, too, am one from "the old days" who only looks in here now and then. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of Zoom as she always was a major force in FOLCdom -- except on "family movie night." My wholehearted condolences go out to Mr. Zoom, the family and the L&C community.

nle (Naomi)

And it's still the wrong icon.

Edited by nle (11/22/14 04:12 PM)
Edit Reason: won't change accidental icon

#249226 - 11/28/14 10:56 AM Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( [Re: widget]
ankur Offline
Jimmy Olsen

Loc: Non-US/Non-Canadian
Hello Everyone, I am very new here and its the first time that i am posting anything at all. I do not know any of you here. But i've read these boards and the fanfic archive religiously for some time now. I have loved your stories, your fics and your replies. I did not know Zoomway, but I feel pained somewhere deep inside of me, to think that she, someone so vivacious and dynamic, has been taken away from her loved ones and everyone here; those of you who have known her for ages and those like me who will never know her but only of her. May God rest her soul in peace and my sincere condolences to you all and to everyone whose life was touched by Zoomway. Much love, Ankur, India

#249239 - 11/30/14 11:34 AM Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( [Re: widget]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

What a lovely first post. I hope Zoom's family in real life reads this thread. That was well put.

Kate, who wishes she had been so eloquent

#249285 - 12/06/14 03:00 PM Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( [Re: widget]
Judy Jetson Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Tampa, FL
I know I'm late, but I just wanted to convey my sadness too and my sympathy to Zoom's family. I've been on the boards forever. I never met Zoom in person, but I did know that she had been batteling cancer for some time. Her legacy will live on on, in this message board and in the friendships and bonds that people have made here. I'm so grateful to Zoom for all the friendships that I've made and for all the talented people on this board who post pictures and videos and interviews of Dean that I would have never seen if t hadn't been for this wonderful message board that Zoom started. I hope Zoomway is looking down from heaven and knows how much she will be missed and that her legacy will live on.

#249421 - 12/29/14 04:48 AM Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( [Re: widget]
CKgroupie Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Germany
I've heard about Zoom's death on facebook. I'm so sad, she was an extraordinary person and I will always remember her wonderful humor. She was already a legend when I joined the fandom and I do remember very well the first time I came to IRC and saw the nick "Zoomway" on my screen. I nearly squealed!
RIP dear Zoom, you will certainly not be forgotten and we will treasure our fond memories of the time we had with you.

with Klaus, Valentina and Kilian smile

#249426 - 12/30/14 08:03 AM Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( [Re: widget]
The Question Offline
Lane and Kent

I'm very sad to hear this. I only knew her from her post but still its like hearing a giant is gone. Just was watching some old episodes and decided to check the forum since I haven't been here in a while. May she RIP Prayers go out to her and her family and friends.

#249451 - 01/04/15 11:17 PM Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( [Re: widget]
toke Offline
Jimmy Olsen

Loc: texas
I did not know her but I have a clue how devoted she was to this board and other projects concerning Lois and Clark.

The "Net" has lost a great one!

RIP,Zoom.

#249508 - 01/19/15 01:25 PM Re: Very sad news about Zoom :( [Re: widget]
Laurach Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: NY
I just heard word from her husband. I had no idea, we were keeping in touch via e mail about our treatments etc. I am going through a similar thing. I pray the Lord has her soul and she is flying around up there in bliss. I pray her family has His comfort and peace on them. I will keep her loved ones in prayer. God bless you Zoom. You were a great person and I will miss your humor and your ability to run these boards with such passion and grace.

Laura

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Kismatt, widget