New Page 1

Lois and Clark Message Board
a triangle built for two     

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#251632 - 03/25/16 12:30 PM Re: Clark, Lois and Son [Re: BevK]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

I'm getting mine electronically, too. I hope these little 49ers hold up a whi!e. smile
I agree there were no surprises in the revelation, if that's what you want to call it. Jon already suspected but I don't think he knows Dad is super, too. He thinks his mom is culpable of something sneaky!
I'm happy (?) with, enjoying the story, I guess is what I want to say. It's what I wanted in the fifth season of TNAOS.

Kate

#251875 - 05/07/16 09:17 PM Re: Clark, Lois and Son [Re: KateW]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

Lois and Clark: Issue #7
Been so busy lately I'm ignoring the comics.
This issue was fan fiction come to life. Fanfic authors who have written revelation stories involving L&C offspring- especially a son named Jon- talk to your lawyers. har
The saving grace with this story was the boy's reaction was that of a child, not that of a child waaaaaay too wise for his years. I loved that he was angry at first but instead of dragging it out, he said the dog told him to trust his parents. Then his reaction was awe.
It was much better than I thought it would be.
I like this series so much, but I'm afraid we're going to lose it to the Rebirth. I don't see how they can keep it going separately.
As long as they feature the family after the rebirth I suppose I can't complain.

#251880 - 05/08/16 09:26 PM Re: Clark, Lois and Son [Re: BevK]
Jake Offline
Lane and Kent

As long as everything is changing, why not just reverse it all? Put all the universes and their heroes back where they belong? These mixed up universes make no sense, really. Nothing needs to be that complicated.

#251882 - 05/08/16 10:33 PM Re: Clark, Lois and Son [Re: BevK]
PMC12 Online   content
Lane and Kent

What about all the loose ends?! I like this title. I don't want to lose it! Whine, whine, whine.

#251898 - 05/11/16 12:26 PM Re: Clark, Lois and Son [Re: BevK]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

At least we know the Flash wins and why. Right? har

#251899 - 05/11/16 01:33 PM Re: Clark, Lois and Son [Re: BevK]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

I totally agree with that boy. The Flash should win any race against Superman. The boy gets it.
I also liked the dog telling Jon it was okay to talk to his parents. My son had an action figure that gave him good advice. wink And my daughter's bunny agreed she should try a cucumber sandwich but only if I put Nutella on it. Yay, bunny!

Kate

#251902 - 05/12/16 01:13 AM Re: Clark, Lois and Son [Re: BevK]
PMC12 Online   content
Lane and Kent

har I did the peanut butter trick with celery and cucumbers and it worked. I got the kids to try peppers by growing padron peppers and making pimientos de padron with them. So far no one has gotten a really hot pepper because I make sure to use less than 2 inch long peppers.

#251903 - 05/12/16 09:46 PM Re: Clark, Lois and Son [Re: BevK]
Leuch Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Iowa
Originally Posted By: BevK
Fanfic authors who have written revelation stories involving L&C offspring- especially a son named Jon- ...

I resemble that remark. I wrote mine 15 or 16 years ago. Looks like I need to go grab these off of Amazon and read the whole series, tho... it will feel kinda weird paying for a story that you can (basically) read in the archive for free.

Thanks for summarizing this series - I probably wouldn't even know about these otherwise.

#251908 - 05/13/16 10:19 PM Re: Clark, Lois and Son [Re: Leuch]
Deb Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Stockton
I haven't had a chance to read these comics yet, but would like to take this opportunity to give a huge shoutout and recommendation to Leuch's next-Gen series "Dawn of Discovery ". She really did great job of writing the Kent kids with my personal favorite of the series being "Meet Sam Wayne". (But all the installments of this series are great)

Luech has always been one of my favorite authors and if you haven't had a chance to read her stuff you should run to lcfanfic.com and give yourself a real treat.

Deb (working her way out of lurkdom and being on irc soon) wink
“So, Lois Lane is falling, accelerating at an initial rate of 32 feet per second. Superman swoops down to save her by reaching out two arms of steel. Miss Lane, who is now traveling at approximately 120 miles an hour, hits them and is immediately sliced into three equal pieces.” (Big Bang Theory, Season 1, “The Big Bran Hypothesis”)

debc on IRC

#251915 - 05/14/16 10:30 PM Re: Clark, Lois and Son [Re: Deb]
Leuch Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: Iowa
Hey Deb! Thanks for the recommendation. FYI I just finished a new chapter of that series - right now it's posted at the fic boards, but it will be archived soon. Check it out! I haven't written anything in YEARS, and it felt really good to get another story out of my favorite family. smile

Also, FYI, Amazon has available for preorder the book that will put together all the Lois and Clark comics that are being reviewed here. Individually, they cost about $4 / each, but the book with all issues together is much more reasonable. It is slated for release in September...I already preordered mine. Flipping through the latest installment at a local comic book shop today, I think I'm really going to like these. The idea of Superman as a dad just always strikes me as being so incredibly sweet.

-Cindy

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  ChrisP, Kismatt