New Page 1

Lois and Clark Message Board
a triangle built for two     

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#251170 - 01/15/16 12:32 PM Re: AMERICAN ALIEN: Superman All Over Again [Re: BevK]
Jake Offline
Lane and Kent

Sweet, sweet story! Bruce is royally pissed! He's going to come out fighting.
I got all three issues. The first is perfect. The basis of Clark's personality is all there.
The second one went overboard with violence but I guess even Clark was a know it all teen, too. Martha is a pretty good mother. She could see his side and tried to understand it.
Good call, guys. I would have ignored it.
The comics are coming back good.

#251171 - 01/15/16 01:22 PM Re: AMERICAN ALIEN: Superman All Over Again [Re: BevK]
PMC12 Offline
Lane and Kent

I have something else to discuss with my oldest! We both like the stories so far and that is unusual- having something in common with my driver's ed son!

#251405 - 02/23/16 10:03 PM Re: AMERICAN ALIEN: Superman All Over Again [Re: BevK]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

American Alien #4

SPOILERS!!!

We meet a lot of young people who will be a big part of Clark's life from now on.
Of all the superheroes to be, Clark is the youngest. Oliver Queen made a brief appearance in the last issue, my favorite so far, and this issue he spells out his change in attitude, his decision to use his new position as CEO of the family business to help people. Lex Luthor is so full of it!
I liked little Dick Grayson and his appraisal of Clark.
Not to mention Lois Lane! And the Batman.
Another good story but not so great artwork.

#251412 - 02/24/16 01:59 PM Re: AMERICAN ALIEN: Superman All Over Again [Re: BevK]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

One little trip to Metropolis was all it took! It isn't going to sit well with Lois fans that she is begging Clark to work with her and combine their interview leads for one mega article. And the Batman got beat up and unmasked! Whoa! lol

Kate

#251472 - 03/03/16 01:16 PM Re: AMERICAN ALIEN: Superman All Over Again [Re: BevK]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

PS: All 4 of the AA comics available are offered for free reading at Hello Comic . The new Lois and Clark comics are, too.

Kate

#251473 - 03/03/16 08:58 PM Re: AMERICAN ALIEN: Superman All Over Again [Re: BevK]
Jake Offline
Lane and Kent

Very compact story. One visit to the big city and all the important characters in Clark's future manage to bump into him- including Dick Grayson. In this case I accept all coincidences, but with an eye roll. Landis pushed it a little too much.

#251474 - 03/03/16 11:16 PM Re: AMERICAN ALIEN: Superman All Over Again [Re: BevK]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

Yeah, I guess. Or, things were just destined to fall into place when the right circumstances presented themselves.

#251604 - 03/22/16 07:18 PM Re: AMERICAN ALIEN: Superman All Over Again [Re: BevK]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

American Alien #5

Flying around with goggles and Batman's cape, Clark starts aiding the law and has his first encounter as a superhero with Lex Luthor. Lex tells him he needs to start using his brain and stop making rash mistakes.
har I'm not sure what the lesson to be learned here is nor who is supposed to be learning something. Obviously, Lex is playing the brilliant criminal and thinks he is humiliating the flying good guy, but he's just showing that for all his intelligence- well, he's not as smart as he thinks he is. wink

#251608 - 03/22/16 09:53 PM Re: AMERICAN ALIEN: Superman All Over Again [Re: BevK]
Jake Offline
Lane and Kent

Yeah, that was funny. Talk about creating your own worst enemy.

#251885 - 05/09/16 09:20 PM Re: AMERICAN ALIEN: Superman All Over Again [Re: BevK]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

American Alien #6

SPOILERS!!!

Finally getting around to this, though I've reread it many times.
I'm totally enthralled by the entire town of Smallville expecting great things from that Kent boy and their disappointment that he isn't living up to his abilities. Instead he went and became a darn old city boy. har
There is a nice surprise appearance I won't mention if you haven't read it yet. And Pete Ross? He'll always have Clark's back, no matter what. Superman is something else, but he'll always be there for Clark.
There is one more issue to go in this series and I will miss it when it ends. Take note, Max Landis. I will probably never say that again about your work. wink

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ChrisP, Kismatt