New Page 1

Lois and Clark Message Board
a triangle built for two     

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
#251610 - 03/23/16 01:16 AM The Rewatch Podcast: The End Is Near!
tom2point0 Offline
Lane and Kent

Hi everyone! i wanted to let you all know about a new Lois And Clark podcast! That's right, a SECOND podcast based on our old 90's fave! We've actually talked with the Lois and Clark'd guys as well and there may even be a future crossover between our shows down the line!

Our show comes hot on the heels of Cory (my cohost) and I finishing up a Rewatch of that other 90's show, Sliders. Over the past nine months or so we basically covered two episodes of the show every week, working in a synopsis, a discussion, behind the scenes trivia or deleted scenes, as well as some very bad celebrity impressions peppered in for good form. Back in September we started discussing what we would do once we finished Sliders and Cory brought up the LaC idea and being a huge fan of the show since way back when, I said yeah let's do it! That's when I learned about Matt and Ryan's plans for a similar show.

I do just want to say that we have the utmost respect and admiration for Matt and Ryan! I've been following their show and love the interviews and have plans to point people to their show as well. They have the access so we are more than happy to plug their show to anyone following us over from Sliders.

We do hope you'll give us a try as well. There's more than enough room for two podcasts about such a great show so please do listen, give us feedback, send us some stories or comments, anything, we'd love to hear what you think. Our episode zero which introduces Cory and myself will be out soon, as well as episode one (both releasing on the same day) which covers the pilot. If you don't care about who WE are then skip zero and go right for episode one. On the other hand, if ya wanna know who we are, why we chose this show, and a bunch of other personal stuff, listen in to zero.

Ok, long enough now. Thanks for reading and hope to hear from you all soon! I'll post here when the episodes are up!

Edited by tom2point0 (03/20/17 03:23 PM)

#251611 - 03/23/16 06:53 AM Re: The Rewatch Podcast Featuring Lois And Clark! [Re: tom2point0]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

I have to enjoy this interest in the show after all this time.
I know I'll give it a listen because I like hearing other fans reactions and opinions of the show and the characters. I've discovered I like the opinions of first time viewers the best but I also like hearing long held or newly realized fan theories, too. No one is right, no one is wrong, just fans who love the show and like to share what they think.

#251613 - 03/23/16 10:44 AM Re: The Rewatch Podcast Featuring Lois And Clark! [Re: tom2point0]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

I second that. How will your venue be available? iTunes alone? Or more than one source?

Kate, loving that the show is getting such positive attention after years of fanboy dismissal

#251614 - 03/23/16 10:45 AM Re: The Rewatch Podcast Featuring Lois And Clark! [Re: tom2point0]
tom2point0 Offline
Lane and Kent

^^^ That's exactly it isn't it? Everyone has their own views and opinions on the shows that it makes for good discussion.

One of our most supportive Sliders listeners, iReactions at Sliders.tv, contributed weekly to our podcast but often had differing viewpoints on some of our discussion points. Just made it more interesting to hear it from a different side view.

Looking forward to hearing YOUR thoughts on our take!

#251615 - 03/23/16 10:49 AM Re: The Rewatch Podcast Featuring Lois And Clark! [Re: tom2point0]
tom2point0 Offline
Lane and Kent

Definitely we will be in iTunes but you can get episodes from our site as well: Rewatchpodcast.podomatic.com.

On that page you'll also see Movie Rewatch episodes which I'm not involved in but are still a fun listen for cinema fans.

#251620 - 03/23/16 04:14 PM Re: The Rewatch Podcast Featuring Lois And Clark! [Re: tom2point0]
tom2point0 Offline
Lane and Kent

Oh and we just started archiving the audio in YouTube as well if that's what you like to get your entertainment on too: https://goo.gl/Y3U6dN

#251655 - 03/29/16 03:27 PM Re: The Rewatch Podcast L&C: Metropolis Bound! [Re: tom2point0]
tom2point0 Offline
Lane and Kent

Hey all! It is HERE!

We've got episode zero and episode one for you all to check out! Check out the webpage at www.rewatchpodcast.podomatic.com or if you want just separate links...

Episode Zero is all about Cory and myself and is located here: http://rewatchpodcast.podomatic.com/enclosure/2016-03-28T16_45_00-07_00.mp3

Episode One is about the pilot and is here: http://rewatchpodcast.podomatic.com/enclosure/2016-03-28T17_06_18-07_00.mp3

And no joke, send us feedback or post here and we will include some in the show!

Edited by tom2point0 (03/29/16 03:30 PM)

#251658 - 03/29/16 09:58 PM Re: The Rewatch Podcast L&C: Metropolis Bound! [Re: tom2point0]
AnnieL Offline
Lane and Kent

Great podcast! I enjoyed your review of the pilot.
I didn't intend to leave you a novel, but you make so many great points that I couldn't help myself.

Not a lot of people notice that Lois starts liking Clark as a person in the pilot. There's evidently resentment there, but once you take out all of her assumptions and look at her reactions to Clark, he surprises her. I love Clark's reaction to the joke about Platt's death, for example, but if you pay attention to the Lois, she looks suprised and impressed. Without taking any further episodes into account, it's noticeable that most of her dislike comes from her own assumptions.

I know that they don't use fortune cookies in China, but I've never associated that with the show before. Interesting!

Lex could have easily lasted longer as a long-term villain had they not gone the direction they go during the season finale. While he completely contradicts Superman, he uses the same game plan for hiding who he is; they're opposite sides of the same coin. Their disguises keep each other from getting anywhere, making them the ultimate rivals.
As for the snake, I think it's very plausible that his tear came from fear. Lex needs a challenge to prove himself, but that doesn't mean he isn't capable of human fear sometimes. It's a little strange, but he's also in a potentially deadly situation.

I've always wondered what it is exactly that made Lois so comfortable around Lex while she pushes everyone else away, but as you've pointed out, it doesn't seem that way at all. I can see Lois being more respectful to Lex just because she wants the interview - and perhaps she sees him as less of a threat than Clark - but she is suspicious of him. If I had to give a reason, I would think that it's his mysterious persona that sets her off. Why would someone so wealthy and good refuse to give interviews? Knowing Lois, the cynical side is going to play out and she's automatically going to assume that he's not all he says he is.

Now that you mention it, Lex's manipulation does start right away rather than at Requiem. It wasn't Lex's natural personality that lowered her guard; it was his careful observations that prompted him to create the first layers of his facade around her, strictly tailored to her comfort. Maybe he did mean what he said, but there's no question that at this point, he saw her mainly as a prize.

I heard somewhere that Martha and Jonathan were only supposed to be there for the pilot, but they were liked so much that they got full contracts. I'm glad Clark has such wonderful parents, as I can't see someone so naive and innately good not having them to confide in. In many ways, Clark is still just a kid trying to find his place in the world, and I think that having both parents living and actively supporting him in his life is vital in maintaining his innocent charm.

I agree that Clark should be cut a little slack for stalking Lois since I don't think that's how it was intended to be taken. The script actually has Clark calling Lois, then going to visit her after getting her voicemail. In that case, Clark's timing would be coincidence, and he would be eavesdropping rather than stalking. I hate that, but I think it shows just how naive he is. Has Clark ever felt jealousy like this before? From the way he's acting, it seems like he's nothing more than a young man in love for the first time.

#251661 - 03/30/16 08:33 AM Re: The Rewatch Podcast L&C: Metropolis Bound! [Re: tom2point0]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

I enjoyed your format quite a bit. The trivia bits are interesting, and you'll get a lot of listeners from long time fans.
Quote:
I agree that Clark should be cut a little slack for stalking Lois since I don't think that's how it was intended to be taken. The script actually has Clark calling Lois, then going to visit her after getting her voicemail. In that case, Clark's timing would be coincidence, and he would be eavesdropping rather than stalking. I hate that, but I think it shows just how naive he is. Has Clark ever felt jealousy like this before? From the way he's acting, it seems like he's nothing more than a young man in love for the first time.

I always saw it as Clark just watching out for his co-worker whom he likes very much, because he never does it again. Lois didn't see Lex's behavior and threat with the sword to Clark in his study and had no idea he had that side to him. He keeps it hidden from her successfully right up to the last show of the season, and no amount of warning from Clark ever shook her belief in Lex's "goodness."
I like that Clark looked out for her until he was satisfied Lex had no reason to harm her. After that he let it go. He still looked out for her but he held his own feelings in check mostly successfully despite his frustration with Lois's trust in the facade Lex constructed for her.
I guess I just refuse to see Clark as a stalker, if I'm completely honest with myself.har
Anyway, I like your format, as I said before, and will listen again.

Edited by BevK (03/30/16 10:02 AM)

#251668 - 03/30/16 09:42 PM Re: The Rewatch Podcast L&C: Metropolis Bound! [Re: tom2point0]
PMC12 Online   content
Lane and Kent

I liked it, too! In fact, my son and I have started listening to the Sliders podcasts, too. He !oved that show until the Cro Mags became regular characters. He never liked them so I guess we'll listen that far, at least.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 ... 19 20 >

Moderator:  ChrisP, Kismatt, widget