folc4evernaday Offline

Loc: Birmingham
All comments for Whine No More go here

My Website: http://loisandclarktribute.com
My Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/folc4evernaday

#253127 - 03/16/17 11:04 AM Re: FDK: Whine No More [Re: folc4evernaday]
PMC12 Offline
Lane and Kent

I heard about the great Lois and Clark style banter in Chapter 6, and I have to admit Lois and CallMeDaniel do know how to push each others buttons. Any possibility of Lois and Clark trading some spirited dialog, too?
The spirit of Lois and Clark is there, but with Lois and the wrong guy! wink Is that why Jimmy is uncomfortable? He senses the (sexual) tension between Lois and Dan?

#253128 - 03/16/17 11:50 AM Re: FDK: Whine No More [Re: PMC12]
folc4evernaday Offline

Originally Posted By: PMC12
I heard about the great Lois and Clark style banter in Chapter 6, and I have to admit Lois and CallMeDaniel do know how to push each others buttons. Any possibility of Lois and Clark trading some spirited dialog, too?
The spirit of Lois and Clark is there, but with Lois and the wrong guy! wink Is that why Jimmy is uncomfortable? He senses the (sexual) tension between Lois and Dan?

lol jawdrop eeek

It wasn't supposed to come across as sexual tension just more of Lois basically going POSTAL on Dan (who thinks he's ALWAYS right). I did do quite a bit of bantering back and forth with the revelation gone wrong in Chapter 3. The main point of this banter though was for Lois to basically give Dan a good jolt of reality and make him back off since he wasn't getting the message. nyah

I have a few stories in the works with some very ..**ahem*** tense banter between LnC. wink that mirror the spirit of the show in a similar and more fun way. Once I finish Ghost From the Past I'll be getting those ready to post. thumbsup brainfart

As far as Jimmy being uncomfortable I think it was more he couldn't stand the fighting anymore. Kinda like a kid watching his parents fight and can't take it anymore. At least that's how I was trying to get it to come across.

#253132 - 03/17/17 01:23 PM Re: FDK: Whine No More [Re: folc4evernaday]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

In my unasked for opinion, a lot of banter between Lois and Clark in fan fic falls apart because Clark is afraid of Lois. He won't say anything to hurt her feelings or get her angry so we get one sided banter with Clark giving polite responses or no responses at all. That isn't banter. At least not fun banter.
It worked between Lois and Dan because Dan isn't afraid of upsetting Lois any more than she already is. He'll give back as good as he gets. For some polite, gentlemanly reason, fan fic Clark will always protect her feelings- when she has no regard whatsoever for his.
It works so wonderfully on TV because canon Clark doesn't have those restrictions imposed on him by writers. For years I thought the reason that kind of exchange between the fan fiction characters didn't work was because of the difference between being a professional writer and a fan fic writer. The pros realized this and the non-pros didn't- Clark can't be afraid of Lois. Thus, all banter is just Lois ragging on a stammering, fearful CK. It doesn't work.
Then, you wrote a wonderful little segment and showed it can be done in ff, but with any man but Clark. frown
As long as he is portrayed as a coward at heart, he will never have the guts to stand up to Lois and give back the way Dan or any other man interested in her romantically can. For that one little instant she and Dan were having fun slinging insults at each other, trying to one up each other, testing each other's defenses. When was the last time Lois and Clark had that kind of fun in fan fic? It's what made L&C's canon relationship so much fun to watch.

End of lengthy- and only my own- opinionating.

#253133 - 03/17/17 02:08 PM Re: FDK: Whine No More [Re: BevK]
folc4evernaday Offline

Originally Posted By: BevK
In my unasked for opinion, a lot of banter between Lois and Clark in fan fic falls apart because Clark is afraid of Lois. He won't say anything to hurt her feelings or get her angry so we get one sided banter with Clark giving polite responses or no responses at all. That isn't banter. At least not fun banter.
It worked between Lois and Dan because Dan isn't afraid of upsetting Lois any more than she already is. He'll give back as good as he gets. For some polite, gentlemanly reason, fan fic Clark will always protect her feelings- when she has no regard whatsoever for his.
It works so wonderfully on TV because canon Clark doesn't have those restrictions imposed on him by writers. For years I thought the reason that kind of exchange between the fan fiction characters didn't work was because of the difference between being a professional writer and a fan fic writer. The pros realized this and the non-pros didn't- Clark can't be afraid of Lois. Thus, all banter is just Lois ragging on a stammering, fearful CK. It doesn't work.
Then, you wrote a wonderful little segment and showed it can be done in ff, but with any man but Clark. frown
As long as he is portrayed as a coward at heart, he will never have the guts to stand up to Lois and give back the way Dan or any other man interested in her romantically can. For that one little instant she and Dan were having fun slinging insults at each other, trying to one up each other, testing each other's defenses. When was the last time Lois and Clark had that kind of fun in fan fic? It's what made L&C's canon relationship so much fun to watch.

End of lengthy- and only my own- opinionating.

Yeah, I agree FF Clark isn't that fun. At least not some of the ones I've read recently. I don't like coward Clark. I don't WRITE coward Clark. I have no fun with him. tongue One of my favorite scenes from the show was in Ides of Metropolis and Lois and Clark are arguing over her calling the police about Eugene Ladderman. It was funny and cute and the spirit I try to portray in any bantering I do with Lois and Clark. smile

If you notice in Chapter 3 Clark DOES stand up to Lois. The banter is heated and he even carries her out of the newsroom to prevent a very public fight in the middle of the newsroom. (which became the talk of the newsroom in chapter 4). The banter between Scardino and Lois is mainly just postal Lois going off again and I didn't think Scardino would just sit there and take it so ... thus the banter is born. tongue

I wrote Clark in "Winner Takes All" a few years ago with the same attitude. He doesn't take Lois' crap in the Pilot and gives it as good as she dishes it. It's a long story but a lot of fun tongue Check it out. Let me know what you think wink

Some of my favorite scenes below...

Thanks for the comments. I'm glad you liked the banter...sorry it came across as fun with Scardino eeek jawdrop
Originally Posted By:
Winner Takes All (Part 1)"
As they headed over to EPRAD Lois lit into Clark, “What were you thinking; trying to undermine me in the middle of the interview?”

“I was thinking if we're going to get to the bottom of this we need to ask questions. Isn't that our job?” Clark shot back, he wasn't sure what Lois' problem was, but he was not about to let her push him around. He may lack the experience in actual investigate journalism, but he knew how to conduct an investigation.

“What part of you're working FOR me didn't you get?”

“What part of PARTNER, didn't you get?” They were both staring at one another, an angry look in their eyes. Neither one of them was backing down.

“I do not need a partner!”

“Then take it up with Mr. White. Until then you're stuck with me, honey!”

Lois fumed; he had a point. Perry had partnered them up and she was stuck with him. Hopefully, this would just be temporary. There was no way he would keep her partnered with someone as green horned as Kent.

Originally Posted By: "Winner Takes All (Part 2)"
“So, who do think it is?” Clark asked.

“What?” she asked slightly dazed. Being this close to Clark was hard. Her head was still spinning.

“The sabotage. Who do you think is behind it? It’d have to be someone with a lot of power.” Clark commented.

“I don’t know. I guess maybe Dr. Baines?” Lois suggested.

“Still don’t trust her?” Clark asked amused.

“And you do?” Lois retorted, “The way she acted during our interview with her was very unprofessional…”

“What do you mean?” Clark asked. “I mean, I know her eyes did a dance when we mentioned Platt, but…How was she being unprofessional?”

Lois didn’t want to bring up her real reasons for thinking the woman was unprofessional. The way she had been eying Clark was unprofessional in her mind, but she wasn’t sure that was an appropriate conversation right now. She looked at her watch, “I have to go…I have an interview with Lex Luthor. I’ve got to get ready.”

“Lois, wait…” Clark wanted to tell her about his suspicions with Lex but wasn’t sure how to broach the subject. “Be careful. Lex Luthor is a powerful man …You could get hurt...”

“What is that supposed to mean?” Lois asked, “I can take care of myself just fine, thanks.”

“That’s not what I meant. What I meant to say…was well, he’s building a space station at the same time Prometheus is sabotaged…Isn’t that a bit convenient?”

“Clark, you’re reading too much into this. Lex Luthor has his finger in every pie in this city…anything and everything. Why would he sabotage the space station?”

“Think about it, Lois. Whoever is providing the space station for this kind of research would also get the patents for all the cures that are discovered…”

“I think you’re reading too much into it, Clark. I’ve been doing this a lot longer than you have. I think I can smell a skunk in a rose garden better than you can.”

“What is that supposed to mean?” Clark asked defensively.

“It means I have more experience at being an investigative reporter than you do.” Lois shot back, “Don’t get all offended. It’s natural, Clark. You’re a rookie. You make the typical mistakes that any rookie reporter makes.”

“Such as?”

“Such as, getting in over your head. You’re looking for a story where there isn’t one. It’s a predictable rookie mistake.”

“Predictable? How is my having suspicions of Lex Luthor predictable?”

“Because it just is…” Lois argued.

He was angry. He knew he was right and she was just ignoring him. On an impulse, he grabbed her and kissed her. He felt her body stiffen against him for a split-second then succumb to the warm caress of his mouth. He slowly pulled away, “Exactly how predictable was that?”

#253137 - 03/18/17 01:25 AM Re: FDK: Whine No More [Re: folc4evernaday]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

Looks good. I will give your work a read.

#253140 - 03/18/17 03:49 PM Re: FDK: Whine No More [Re: folc4evernaday]
PMC12 Offline
Lane and Kent

Same here. Looking forward to it as cowardly Clark is a pet peeve of mine.

#253141 - 03/18/17 04:05 PM Re: FDK: Whine No More [Re: folc4evernaday]
folc4evernaday Offline

TOC - Winner Takes All Here's the story. Enjoy! smile

Moderator:  ChrisP, Kismatt