New Page 1

Lois and Clark Message Board
a triangle built for two     

Page 19 of 20 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 >
Topic Options
#252976 - 02/15/17 11:08 PM Re: NEW Rewatch Podcast: Walking Bob is up! [Re: tom2point0]
hewsonaly Offline
Jimmy Olsen

Regarding the title "Bob and Carol and Lois and Clark," I believe that is a nod to the 1969 film "Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_%26_Carol_%26_Ted_%26_Alice

I've never seen it, but I know it contains some adult situations, so an interesting reference for a family show. Guess the writers were sneaking a little something in for the parents.

#252979 - 02/16/17 05:08 AM Re: NEW Rewatch Podcast: Walking Bob is up! [Re: hewsonaly]
tom2point0 Offline
Lane and Kent

Oh wow that's right! That actually sounds familiar. I have not seen that either but I do like older movies so I'm sure I came across that title at some point! Nice catch, thanks!

Originally Posted By: hewsonaly
Regarding the title "Bob and Carol and Lois and Clark," I believe that is a nod to the 1969 film "Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_%26_Carol_%26_Ted_%26_Alice

I've never seen it, but I know it contains some adult situations, so an interesting reference for a family show. Guess the writers were sneaking a little something in for the parents.

#253004 - 02/22/17 08:16 AM Re: NEW Rewatch Podcast: Walking Bob is up! [Re: tom2point0]
tom2point0 Offline
Lane and Kent

First, I'm watching the John Doe episode and holy cow... his press conference? Do you remember? "We can make this country great again"

Did Trump plagiarise Lois and Clark? Did he steal from Tempus?

I know , just a coincidence. Still it was hard to ignore the parallels with that and the unlikely candidate running and winning the presidency.

Anyway, second thing is we have two episodes up that I forgot to post about!

We've got the Drew Carey Show invasion in Ghosts and the two lamest brothers since Tweedledee and Tweedledum in Stop the Presses.

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/rewatchpodcast/episodes/2017-02-14T01_54_05-08_00

Then we've got the not so small in stature Howie Mandel playing Mxyzptlk in Have Yourself A Merry Mxymas along with Perry, Jerry, and Biff (sorta!).

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/rewatchpodcast/episodes/2017-02-20T22_34_03-08_00

We're coming to the end soon! Can you believe it?

#253025 - 02/25/17 02:54 AM Re: NEW Rewatch Podcast: Walking Bob is up! [Re: tom2point0]
AnnieL Offline
Lane and Kent

Ghosts is not my favorite episode by far-I don't hate it as much as others, but it really doesn't do much for me. I also didn't love StP. I do appreciate the intentions and I think it's an interesting storyline. Had they actually resolved the issues at hand instead of blowing it off at the end, I think it would have fared a lot better with me.

I've always hated groundhogs day movies, so this Christmas episode has always driven me nuts. (Well, that and Lois has the same arc every single darn Christmas.)

We'll just say these aren't my favorite group of episodes, but I love the chunk coming up!

#253033 - 02/26/17 12:46 PM Re: NEW Rewatch Podcast: Walking Bob is up! [Re: tom2point0]
ireactions Offline
Lane and Kent

This rewatch is astonishing me because Season 4 is shaping up to be the best season of the show. Season 1 was strong and had an excellent but sadly abandoned template (LOIS LANE: THE SERIES) and in the middle, there's a number of ABC-mandated supervillain episodes and Deborah Joy Levine clearly doesn't like writing them and isn't particularly good at them -- she's better at romcom.

Season 2 is terrific, but it has a painfully messy start with another run of ABC-mandated supervillain driven episodes with no romcom material at all and it's only at the midpoint that all the romcom elements return in full force alongside the superhero storytelling.

Season 3 is another year of fine episodes unfortunately marred by ABC interference in which the Clone arc abruptly aborts the wedding, going from an unpleasant anti-climax to an overextended storyline of pointlessness that simply hits the reset button.

Season 4, however, is matching the high points of Seasons 2 - 3 and making some excellent stories out of Lois and Clark as a married power couple and executing character arcs that are only possibly in a post-wedding situation. And given how ABC has completely given up on the show at this point, the interference seems minimal and the writers have a lot of room to experiment.

The invasion of Earth arc where the Kryptonians invade Smallville was a hilarious and brilliant way to pull off an epic on a TV budget. The photos of Lois and Superman having sex causing a tabloid scandal is very well done. This is a great year and it's a shame it's so poorly regarded.

#253143 - 03/20/17 03:23 PM Re: NEW Rewatch Podcast: Walking Bob is up! [Re: tom2point0]
tom2point0 Offline
Lane and Kent

The end is near! We're recording our episode discussing the last two episodes of L&C in just a few short hours! Suffice it to say, you should go get caught up now!

Our episodes are all here "right now": rewatchpodcast.podomatic.com ...

However... that is all changing very soon! Once the final episode hits your pod catchers you'll find out about the future of the Rewatch Podcast and what is next for us! For those of you who have continued on with us, in just a flash you'll be seeing us taking a huge leap in our podcasts! Stay tuned! We're movin on up!

#253148 - 03/21/17 12:44 PM Re: NEW Rewatch Podcast: Walking Bob is up! [Re: tom2point0]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

Many of us are still listening, because we love this show, but the fun of interacting is gone.

Kate

#253175 - 03/27/17 11:38 PM Re: NEW Rewatch Podcast: Walking Bob is up! [Re: tom2point0]
ireactions Offline
Lane and Kent

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/rewatchpodcast/episodes/2017-03-27T00_46_26-07_00

And here we are with an EPIC series finale to the LOIS AND CLARK REWATCH PODCAST, covering "Toy Story," "The Family Hour" and then a retrospective on the series as a whole with a moderately noteworthy guest star of no particular notoriety whatsoever. :-D

It's been wonderful revisiting LOIS AND CLARK and discovering that a series I remember being absolutely terrible was actually pretty good for most of its run. It lost some of its initial strengths, sadly, but it always had engaged and passionate writing matched with earnest and delightful performances, and as much as I longed for three more seasons of Deborah Joy Levine, her successors did a very fine job.

Edited by ireactions (03/27/17 11:39 PM)

#253185 - 03/30/17 08:55 AM The Rewatch Podcast: The End Is HERE! [Re: tom2point0]
tom2point0 Offline
Lane and Kent

That's right, the final episode featuring Lois and Clark is up and waiting for YOU!

As for our big news, the Rewatch Podcast is moving from podomatic to the podcasting network known as the Golden Spiral Media Network! That's right, we've been picked up by a podcasting network! They are home to a number of great podcasts already, one that I've been listening to for years, Central City underground, which covers the new CW Flash series. We're pleased as punch to be asked to come aboard!

So what is next for the show? Well, we decided with this move, to do some cross pollination, we would cover the one season series of the original 1990 Flash! We're working it out to get the CCU guys on one of our early episodes and do some cross promotion and hope you will join us!

Being that it's only 1 season, we do have our next show planned as well. We will be doing a Rewatch of Quantum Leap! We just can't seem to get out of the 90's! Anyway, for those interested, we will make a few more posts here once we get ourselves setup and hope you'll follow us over to our new home at GSM.

Thanks for all the discussion and feedback and information over the past year. You've helped the Rewatch Podcast grow and become all that it is! Thanks!

Edited by tom2point0 (03/30/17 08:57 AM)

#253222 - 04/06/17 11:27 AM Re: The Rewatch Podcast: The End Is HERE! [Re: tom2point0]
BevK Online   cat
Clark Defender

Thanks, guys, for bringing attention to this terrific series. I WILL miss it. Good luck with your plans for the future.

Quantum Leap? Say "hi" to Ziggy for me. And Gooshie before, you know. wink

Page 19 of 20 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 >

Moderator:  ChrisP, Kismatt, widget