New Page 1

Lois and Clark Message Board
a triangle built for two     

Page 261 of 262 < 1 2 ... 259 260 261 262 >
Topic Options
#253667 - 08/05/17 12:57 AM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: BevK]
karenc Offline
Lane and Kent

Guys, what's going on? I don't like the sound of this! You're scaring me.

#253668 - 08/05/17 10:00 AM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: BevK]
PMC12 Offline
Lane and Kent

Everyone needs a hiatus now and then, and we discussed it and decided to take one. Unless the other podcast starts up again tomorrow, ha, we're taking a break for reasons already stated.

#253670 - 08/05/17 05:13 PM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: BevK]
karenc Offline
Lane and Kent

But you guys make me laugh and make me think about the show and the fan fic in different ways! You taught how to look at it with humor, the way Deborah Joy Levine intended it to be considered. You guys keep the fun in it. Jeez!

#253671 - 08/05/17 05:33 PM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: BevK]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

Well, I'm not abandoning Lois and Clark. If this is not the direction the board should be going, then it's time to let new people take it in another direction and keep it alive. Give it a chance.

#253673 - 08/06/17 10:36 AM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: BevK]
PMC12 Offline
Lane and Kent

Yes, it's not forever. I will still be reading comment free because look what happened at the other board! Even a private email can get you banned from membership. I know it was also for fan fic promotion, but still! It was done privately. The writer just had to delete it and block the person from pm-ing them again. Now private emails or pms can get you kicked out of membership.

#253674 - 08/06/17 02:13 PM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: PMC12]
folc4evernaday Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Originally Posted By: PMC12
Yes, it's not forever. I will still be reading comment free because look what happened at the other board! Even a private email can get you banned from membership. I know it was also for fan fic promotion, but still! It was done privately. The writer just had to delete it and block the person from pm-ing them again. Now private emails or pms can get you kicked out of membership.

Okay, I'm sorry but I've gotta step on my soapbox here. There seems to be a huge misunderstanding on Annette's message.

From Annette's post, it wasn't a 'private email' it was 'private messages' through the boards being used to harass different members about everything from critiquing a new author's story to death to pressuring them to read their story and comment. Annette owns the boards and monitors them and has the right to make decisions based on activity - That is her right as owner and Admin. The message Annette was sending was that harassment isn't tolerated.

Not everyone has thick skin and can just roll with it or ignore it. We all come from all walks of life. Some have emotional problems/ social anxiety that can be triggered by this type of behavior. Say you receive a message that is annoying. You ignore it. Then you receive another and another and another from this same user. Are you going to want to visit the boards? Sure, you can block them but what if you're new to the boards and this is your first experience? Would you block them or just leave?

It shouldn't be up to a member that's being harassed to put up with the behavior or block the misbehaving user. If someone's acting like this with one person chances are they're acting like this with another. I don't know the details of what went down and I really don't need to know, but I do know what it feels like to be attacked and I wouldn't want any of our FOLCS to have to put up with that.

No one should be feeling harassed or bullied which was the point Annette was trying to drive home. The point isn't that PM's can get you banned. The point is that bullying and harassing members can get you banned. Any type of harassment that can be viewed as bullying on ANY site anywhere these days yes can get you banned. This isn't something that is just for 'the other board' as you put it either. This goes for any of the boards, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc...

Yes, it's annoying that announcements like this have to be made since we're all adults and should know better but obviously, there is a problem if she felt she needed to make a post.

~ End Rant

My Website: http://loisandclarktribute.com
My Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/folc4evernaday

#253675 - 08/09/17 12:46 PM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: BevK]
karenc Offline
Lane and Kent

Well, I don't think anything about this site is broken, but if you feel the need to fix it, I hope you do get the kind of people you want to join and get it going again.
Bev, Paula, Kate- I will miss you guys so much. Thanks for giving me so many laughs at a subject I love so much. I guess everything has to come to an end. frown

#253676 - 08/09/17 03:27 PM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: karenc]
folc4evernaday Offline

Originally Posted By: karenc
Well, I don't think anything about this site is broken, but if you feel the need to fix it, I hope you do get the kind of people you want to join and get it going again.

I never said it was broken. I was pointing out that the behavior that was going on behind the scenes shouldn't be accepted or shrugged off. Bullying isn't okay and it's not something to ignore as if it's no big deal. It's something an Admin should be notified about to deal with.

The issue wasn't even on the Zoomway Boards. confused

#253689 - 08/17/17 06:13 PM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: folc4evernaday]
Ximemia Offline
Lane and Kent

Here is my 2 cents:

This site is *NOT* broken. This site does not need fixing or ending. While folc4evernaday is welcome, she does not decide who can join or post here. Annette moderates the other boards, not this MB. Again, this issue was *NOT* on this MB.

Historically, these are the original MBs. The other board, dedicated to fanfic, started much later.

This board was started by Zoomway. Today's active admins are ChrisP and Kismatt.

These MBs are for anything related to Lois and Clark. Also for all the latest on Dean and Teri, their lives, their latest projects, interviews and appearances. Much later, sections for fanfic were added here.

In summary:

If you are interested in all fanfic, check out the fanfic archives.

If you are only interested in fanfic, especially stories in progress, and the feedback to these stories, then check out the other MB.

If you are interested in all things LnC, then you are in the right place!

Xi

Edited by Ximemia (08/17/17 06:15 PM)

#253693 - 08/17/17 09:42 PM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: Ximemia]
folc4evernaday Offline

Originally Posted By: Ximemia
Here is my 2 cents:

This site is *NOT* broken. This site does not need fixing or ending. While folc4evernaday is welcome, she does not decide who can join or post here. Annette moderates the other boards, not this MB. Again, this issue was *NOT* on this MB.

Historically, these are the original MBs. The other board, dedicated to fanfic, started much later.

This board was started by Zoomway. Today's active admins are ChrisP and Kismatt.

These MBs are for anything related to Lois and Clark. Also for all the latest on Dean and Teri, their lives, their latest projects, interviews and appearances. Much later, sections for fanfic were added here.

In summary:

If you are interested in all fanfic, check out the fanfic archives.

If you are only interested in fanfic, especially stories in progress, and the feedback to these stories, then check out the other MB.

If you are interested in all things LnC, then you are in the right place!

Xi

Again,

Where is the comment coming from that this site is *broken*?

All I was trying to do was address the issue that happened on the other boards and clarify why it wasn't a simple issue as PMC tried to write it off as. I've never tried to 'decide' who can or can't post here and am sorry if anyone felt that way.

I agree completely though! All things Lois and Clark *historically* have been on Zoom boards.

**hint hint** to Lurkers. Post articles, talk about stories, videos, news, etc... Have fun!

shout

Page 261 of 262 < 1 2 ... 259 260 261 262 >

Moderator:  ChrisP, Kismatt