Lois and Clark Message Board
a triangle built for two     

Page 34 of 35 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 >
Topic Options
#253767 - 10/21/17 09:57 AM Re: Just Because It's Funny or Fun [Re: scifiJoan]
PMC12 Offline
Lane and Kent

Guest Book

Clancy's is one of the early posts so search the oldest ones because the site lists the newest ones first. Yes, people are still leaving condolences to this day.
It starts with something like "J. Madison Wright is proof there are angels on Earth." I don't remember the exact words.

#253769 - 10/21/17 01:41 PM Re: Just Because It's Funny or Fun [Re: PMC12]
scifiJoan Offline
Lane and Kent

Originally Posted By: PMC12
Guest Book

Clancy's is one of the early posts so search the oldest ones because the site lists the newest ones first. Yes, people are still leaving condolences to this day.
It starts with something like "J. Madison Wright is proof there are angels on Earth." I don't remember the exact words.

Thanks for the link. That was very touching, indeed. So sad that Madison died so young.

#253786 - 11/02/17 12:55 PM Re: JBIFOF: A Retro Review [Re: BevK]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

This is a good review. Doesn't pull any punches and puts the emphasis for success where it belongs- on the characters and the actors who brought them to life. It also helps that we've said many of the same things over at the Fanfic Related Forum many times through the years. wink

#253789 - 11/03/17 02:51 AM Re: JBIFOF: A Retro Review [Re: BevK]
SJH Offline
Lane and Kent

Loc: floor 13
Thanks for this post.

#253802 - 11/06/17 10:54 AM Re: JBIFOF: A Retro Review [Re: BevK]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

You're welcome. People are taking notice of the show now. This is one of the best and most honest reviews I've heard/read so far. Justin Whalin did a good job portraying Jimmy's growth, but I liked that Michael Landes got his due for doing so well in getting the character established in the first season.

#253803 - 11/07/17 12:19 PM Re: JBIFOF: Happy Birthday, Martha! [Re: BevK]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

November 7 is traditionally recognized a...optive mother. (November 7 is traditionally recognized as the birthday of Martha Kent, Clark Kent's adoptive mother.)
Lois and Clark is full of memorable Martha moments. From the show, I guess I like the time she pushed Clark off his balcony to try to get him to fly!
If I was a family friend, I guess I would give her something creative like medium weight drawing paper and a set of pencils and pastels.

#253804 - 11/07/17 07:56 PM Re: JBIFOF: Happy Birthday, Martha! [Re: BevK]
PMC12 Offline
Lane and Kent

I never knew this! As creative as TNAOS Martha is, I guess I'd give her something similar, too. BvS Martha? I don't know. Don't really like her.

#253841 - 11/23/17 12:34 PM Re: Just Because It's Funny or Fun [Re: BevK]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

Here is another retrospective look, a podcast episode, at Lois and Clark from childhood fans looking back:

They are so enthusiastic they got carried away and had an extended podcast! thumbsup

#253846 - 11/26/17 07:41 PM Re: Just Because It's Funny or Fun [Re: BevK]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

From Superman, The Movie::
The possibility never entered my mind, but it is something to think about. Quote from a blog post :

"Anyhow, I'd like to digress about Lois Lane for a moment. For 1978, this isn't a bad depiction of a love interest. Lois is a self-assured and successful reporter. Yeah, she faces workplace sexism from Perry White, who puts Clark on her beat, and she can't spell very well but it never deters her. Speaking of Lois' spelling, is she dyslexic in any of the comics?

I had a quick Google last night but found nothing. According to Wikipedia, her struggle to spell words in this movie has been incorporated as part of her character. At first, I thought it took away from her character, asking men for help but if she was made canonically dyslexic, it would make sense and imagine that representation for children. A female reporter who is the best at what she does despite a learning difficulty. It would be so empowering for such an iconic character to be this relatable and it's not just a PC decision bigots can moan about because it's in continuity.

Other than that, Superman does make Lois seem a bit...desperate? When Lois interviews Superman (reduced to a cold, clinical interrogation in Man of Steel) on her rooftop, she's dressed up, she asks him if he's married, how big he is, whether his dick works and can he see what colour her knickers are. Now, the joke about Lois being "thirsty" in Justice League makes sense even if it's unnecessary and sexist. heck you Joss Whedon and heck you DCEU for criminally under-using Amy Adams. Anyway, I do love this scene in Superman. The back and forth flirting, the foreshadowing, giving you information you need to know for later. And this:

Lois: "Do you have a girlfriend?"
Superman: "No but if I did Miss Lane, you'd be first to know about it".
"

#253853 - 12/01/17 10:41 AM Re: Just Because It's Funny or Fun [Re: BevK]
PMC12 Offline
Lane and Kent

I just wish TNAOS Lois didn't have so many trust issues. She needs to grow up a little.
Giving her a medical reason? She can't control her emotions in the show or in fanfic. She's too selfish, or self centered anyway. Her symptons are immaturity and nothing counseling can't help.

Page 34 of 35 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 >

Moderator:  ChrisP, Kismatt