New Page 1

Lois and Clark Message Board
a triangle built for two     

Page 1 of 265 1 2 3 ... 264 265 >
Topic Options
#230823 - 08/23/11 03:37 PM WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!!
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

WTFAF-- Fallen Angels

I've been slowly making my way through the archives on this site since I joined and I really, really hate when this happens!
"When the Fallen Angels Fly" is the best story I've read so far and it was never finished!!! What a cliffhanger it ended with! It's even more frustrating than the "Earth 2" TV show which ended with the main character near death from an unknown illness and frozen in a cryogenics tube.
What is Ariana's reasoning this time? Was Lois really in love with Lex? She certainly acts like it and Part 10 leaves no doubt that she and Lex had a sexual relationship before the wedding. She claims not to have enjoyed it nor to have loved him, but methinks the lady doth protest too much. This is the only rewrite of this subject I've read that even hints she might have really loved him but is now in denial because of the truth about him.
The story is so well written it's unpredictable, according to a writer friend who read it, too. I agree. There is no way to predict where the plot might have been headed.
The comments for the story were all positive and the author hinted at the next installment, but not enough to carry to the end of the story.
Aaaarrrgh! in frustration!

#231568 - 10/18/11 12:35 PM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: BevK]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

Okay,I read this and it is a pretty good story and I even like Clark in this one. I usually don't like how in fanfic he is written so shy and Lois is so aggressive. I know they were both like that on the show but not as extreme as in fanfic. I really hate when they have Clark "blushing furiously" all the time. If he spent as much time blushing furiously on the show as he does in fanfic Jimmy would have a lot more lines. Someone would need to fill all the gaps in conversations while he stuttered away like an idiot in the background. He is less bumbling in this story than usual. Well he did knock Jimmy over and he blushed and stuttered furiously then, but only once!

#231605 - 10/21/11 12:02 AM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: KateW]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

LOL! To a lot of people that's what made Clark an endearing character. I can take it or leave it if the story is good, but I do like Clark when a writer gives him a little more backbone than usual. He doesn't need to be apologizing all the time. JMO.

#231624 - 10/23/11 02:52 PM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: BevK]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

I do a lot of skipping over in ff. If I don't like how Clark is written I'll skip over that part and the same with Lois. In some ffs she is just too unlikeable. In one story it starts out she is dead but we discover she and Dan Scardino faked her death and she went into hiding for a while. Meanwhile Clark who is hired to replace her at the Planet, is looking into her death and finds out she's alive and hiding and the dead body in her apartment was a visiting friend. This is a week or so later and she has given no thought to how devastated her family and friends must be feeling and that the dead woman's family and friends have a right to know she's been murdered until Clark points out how broken up her sister and her mother and Perry White are. Then she decides maybe she'd better call Perry and explain- after the man has been through a week of hell missing her.
In spite of this lack of empathy for others and her questionable ethics, Clark falls instantly in love with her and is instantly jealous of Dan who is instantly nasty back and Lois doesn't care.
I don't know what happens next. I didn't read further. I figured they'd get together in the end but Lois was so selfish and Clark was such an emotional fool I didn't care if they did or not, or how the author redeemed her. And jealousy just is not an endearing quality in my opinion.
Unlikeable ff characterizations in any fandom just annoy me!

#231634 - 10/24/11 10:16 AM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: KateW]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

Well at least you stopped when you realized you weren't going to like the story. I read one a few weeks ago that had an ending that was so bad I wished I could sue the author to get the time back that I wasted reading it! It was about the night Lois and Claude spent together when he stole her story.
But at the end of the story we learn this is what Lois is thinking about while she and Clark are on the ceiling during their wedding night! Poor Clark fails to make her happy but she doesn't care! Why? Because she loves him of course!
If that story was a book I would have thrown it across the room, kicked it out the door into the street and let cars run over it. LOL!
Of course I shouldn't really be mad at the author, I'm the one who kept reading even after I realized it was Claude not Clark. I could have stopped too and I certainly wish I did. (m/o)

It was a numerously satisfying night for her with a humiliating next day and following weeks, and she's remembering the multiple o****ms she experienced that one time with Claude while she's with Clark the first time! Poor Clark never had a chance!
I thought, well, if you wrote about her concentrating on her husband, a man she is supposed to be totally in love with, instead of comparing him unfavorably to an ex who she is supposed to despise, don't you think she would have had a much better experience???!!
Yes, I understand it was inspired by the virgin thing.

#231650 - 10/26/11 12:00 PM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: BevK]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

So much for soul mates then! That marriage is doomed! Love him or not - aw, poor Clark! I'm curious but I don't think I want to read that story.

#231707 - 10/29/11 07:37 PM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: KateW]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

The story you described sounds familiar. I might have read it but I can't remember more than you said about it. Maybe I stopped reading it, too, because I've been thinking about it and can't get beyond that point. I'm probably just comparing it to "Angels" because Clark was hired to replace her there, too.

#231714 - 10/30/11 11:36 AM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: BevK]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

On the other hand there are some stories that are so good you can just ignore the little things and have a good read.

Day Follows Nightfall

and

Nightfall

Two totally different stories but each fun to read in their own way.

#231715 - 10/30/11 06:14 PM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: BevK]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

Thanks,I'll read those. All Shook Up is a good episode. I loved when Martha pushed Clark off his balcony! LOL!

#231768 - 11/03/11 11:36 AM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: KateW]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

I read both stories.
Day Follows Nightfall:
I liked that Clark told Lois everything before he went to destroy the asteroid. I laughed when Lex died when a piece of the asteroid hit his tower! Yeah just get Lex out of the way as soon as possible!
I guess it's just a good plot device that no one knows what they have till it's gone and Lois' realization was kind of sad and I liked that she included the Kents in her feelings of loss.
Clark's story is where it didn't work for me. How could absolutely nothing happen during all those months to give him or his girlfriend cause to think he wasn't just an ordinary guy? He was a cook for pete's sake! Knives, fire, blowing too hard on something. LOL! He never once made a quick action with his hands and sent something flying through a wall? Didn't he ever wonder why he couldn't shave? Feel the cold? Why was nothing heavy?
Also how much damage would the L&C dynamic really have taken if he slept with Lauren? He trusted her, she was real, not just a dream. I can't think of any two gorgeous characters less interested in sex than Lois and Clark when they were single. I know, I know, that's what makes them so sweet. They're soul mates.
Charlie Brown moment: Good grief!
I like the story, I'm just reading it too late, nine years after it was written. If I read it then maybe it wouldn't be so hard to recall the series dynamic between L&C.

Nightfall:
I had an easier time believing this one. I liked the Henderson POV especially. It was closer to the 'dramedy' of season one. Bill Henderson is a great character and just imagining him playing racquetball with Clark is quite an image. Adding in the superheroes was fun and I liked Barry and Martha sparring over lunch. All meeting for the first time in a time of crisis was interesting and each having a distinct reaction to Clark going missing was cool too. "I have to help him!"
I was never a Jack fan but I can see how he was there to give Mrs. Henderson a purpose but she already had that just being her husband's most trusted confidant. As a plot device I don't think the brothers were necessary. The homeless guy with the shopping cart who helped Clark would have worked.
It was a nice at a minor character.
All just my opinions.

Kate

Page 1 of 265 1 2 3 ... 264 265 >

Moderator:  ChrisP, Kismatt