New Page 1

Lois and Clark Message Board
a triangle built for two     

Page 133 of 265 < 1 2 ... 131 132 133 134 135 ... 264 265 >
Topic Options
#248674 - 06/26/14 10:55 PM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: BevK]
PMC12 Offline
Lane and Kent

So they, production didn't buy their own fix. LOL! They made us accept it, but left themselves the ability to use what they did to Clark and Lois again at a later time. And they used it,, Lois's penchant for cheating, with Alt Clark. What sneaks. lol

#248675 - 06/26/14 11:30 PM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: BevK]
KrisM Offline
CDU Member #3

LOL! Oh, this has been fun. I can't wait to read the concordance entries. You HAVE to include the sucking face comment about Lois and Lex even if it gets edited out! LOL!
IMPO, fans like the arc more than they are willing to admit. After all, many of the Clark characteristics we have been complaining about over the last couple of years started here in the arc. IMO, authors picked up the character assassination traits shown here in the arc and use them to this day when they write of him.

Funny, I can log into my old account on my phone but I can't on my PC.

#248676 - 06/27/14 10:07 AM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: BevK]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

I wasn't going to say anything about ff and the arc but I do agree with you, Kris. This is where weak, obsessed, possessive, pouting, big baby Clark seems to have originated all at once. Max, as unprofessional and criminal as he is, makes whiny Clark look like a baby. Compared to his man in love, CK comes off as an obsessed stalker, and he acts like an obsessed stalker. I really despise that Max is more believable- and romantic!- as a man in love than CK is.
I also understand more clearly what my fellow RPG members see when they talk about Lois's lack of interest in Clark as a man. Thank goodness, we have to accept what the series' writers tell us! har And they say, mountains of evidence to the contrary, she really does love Clark and not Lex or Max or Lex or Dan or Lex.
IMO. . . soapbox
DJL's Clark Kent creation died here.
DJL's Lois Lane creation died here, too.
You can't do that kind of character assassination and then put it all right by sticking in a reset button and pushing it in the fifth episode.
The new writers/producers and whoever else involved began changing Lois at the start of the season but they got the job done here. After this debacle, DJL's independent, smart, willing to take on the world young woman just isn't the same.
Clark underwent an abrupt change just by the fact that he had to be the instrument to insure a happy ending. His dedication and belief in the woman he loved was, I'm sure, meant to be the rock Lois could depend on and come back to, but it doesn't work. They made him a stalker.
And then they hit the reset button.
I realize now, Clark's remake is why I don't like the arc, and I'm sure that little kid brain of mine at 12 didn't know this was why I didn't like these episodes way back then, but I think it was.
It's a pity- IMO- that fanfic picked up on this version of CK and for the last twenty years has depicted Clark as the obsessed, child-man stalker that was born here.
That's my opinion. End of soapbox

#248680 - 06/27/14 08:21 PM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: BevK]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

You still haven't watched OW all the way through? Don't blame you, it's one big owie all right. wink The attempt at humor with the Charlton Heston movies is the biggest owie of them all.
I have my notes if you need them. Interpret them in your own way.

Kate

#248683 - 06/28/14 02:08 AM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: BevK]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

Tommy Smothers Syndrome makes up for the Heston owie! LOLOL!!
Yeah, just stayed up late going through OWie. Your notes were bare basics so I went through and got background info on the city.
I was wondering......
Did Herkimer cure all citizens of the city who were suffering the various forms of memory loss? Amnesia, Alzheimer's, brain damage, coma, dementia...? Did other people make miraculous recoveries, too? Wave bonking. A new cure for memory loss.
Max was feeling guilt about encouraging Herkimer to build the machine and then was frantic to destroy the machine when the first wave hit. Is he now having to deal with those strong emotions permanently? He and Jimmy seemed to be affected more than others by the wave, both staying disoriented for a longer time than those around them.
I think there is a Linda King story there.

#248684 - 06/28/14 12:05 PM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: BevK]
PMC12 Offline
Lane and Kent

Thank you, Bev and Kate for being able to make me laugh so much with what you write here. You found so much humor among the owies and , though you didn't make me want to actually watch the argh again, I did speed through to see the events you mentioned. I guess technically that counts as watching again, but I'll never admit to it. har
My pals and I agree strongly, and I'm not exaggerating, that Clark should have been bothered a lot more by Lois's ability to completely forget him and go to other men so easily once he is out of sight and out of mind. Red will always be a point of contention, I think, but it was meant to prepare us for Lex, I think. They did Clark no favors by making him the kind of man who will ignore his fiancee's love and desire for her former fiance when she has absolutely no interest in him in the same way. That was worse than character assassination. It was prolonged torture before the killing shot. They figuratively had him in Lex's cage for the length of the storyline. I, personally, will never watch the episodes again.

#248686 - 06/28/14 02:20 PM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: BevK]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

Yeah, I have to see the humor here. I can't help but be thankful the wedding is all wrapped up neat and tidy within this arc. It can be ignored with minimum loss of continuity to the rest of the series.
I thought the hard part would be watching the arc and taking notes. It's going to be a lot harder putting the events into the template without being snarky.

Kate, who is feeling very sorry for both Clark and Lois as DJL's characters, may they rest in peace

#248687 - 06/28/14 04:14 PM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: BevK]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

What they did to the characters is so bad I had to look for the humor, both written and unintentional, and thank goodness, there was plenty of both.
Quote:
Red will always be a point of contention, I think, but it was meant to prepare us for Lex, I think.

That's true, IMO, and one doesn't have to make a big thing of it either- whether you believe Red got lucky or not is entirely up to you.
Also, the 'Lois wasn't in control' argument doesn't stand, as far as I'm concerned. Maybe the Wanda personality was dominant in the first part of the arc but if Red or Lex had gotten her pregnant- and I'm sure Lex tried wink tongue - it would have been Lois giving birth and Lois raising the child.
Like Lex in 'Smallville' tried to make a bond between himself and Lana that would last to their final days by faking her pregnancy- a special bond over a lost child that not even Clark could break should he and Lana have gotten back together- I wouldn't put it past TNAOS Lex to have done the same just in case the clone transfer thing didn't work.

In the final part of the arc, Lois was 'in control' and she fell in love with Max all on her own, as Kate said earlier.

Now, I must form a stiff upper lip and go apologize to my RPG partners, who have been telling me for years- 4 at least- that Lois, as written, has no sexual attraction to Clark Kent whatsoever until after he marries her- and I didn't believe them!
Good for you, virgin boy, you were, at least, as good as Lex. lol
Oh, come on, you have to see the unintentional humor all over the arc!

#248690 - 06/28/14 09:33 PM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: BevK]
KrisM Offline
CDU Member #3

I second the thank you. This has been fun. I won't ever be a fan of the arc but I can see I missed a lot of things I just never thought to look for. I wanted so much for Clark to have doubts or second thoughts after he revealed the truth to Lois and she ran away from him. That was so cold and insulting especially when she went straight to Max and admitted she felt he was telling the truth. She wanted nothing to do with Clark, truth or not!
Maybe it is her instincts warning her away from the alien. I know that probably never entered the heads of the writers but they certainly wrote an opening for it.

#248696 - 06/29/14 12:13 AM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: BevK]
PMC12 Offline
Lane and Kent

My group and I have a great afternoon messaging back and forth on this and just trying to make sense of the story/stories of the arc in a way we can all deal with individually. Some of us are fans going back to the 90s and a couple are fans going back to the Hub. We are very grateful to you two for answering our questions and for showing us and everyone else that there is more than one way to look at stories, whether on film or on word processing pages.
We are looking forward to the day a wiki dictionary defines 'sucking face' and includes a video link to Lois and Lex wth the proviso 'as demonstated by.' LOL!!

Page 133 of 265 < 1 2 ... 131 132 133 134 135 ... 264 265 >

Moderator:  ChrisP, Kismatt