Lois and Clark Message Board
a triangle built for two     

Page 2 of 265 < 1 2 3 4 ... 264 265 >
Topic Options
#231780 - 11/03/11 08:26 PM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: KateW]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

DFN

I didn't even notice such things about Clark! I was going to add floating in his sleep, but I don't remember that from the series. Did he do that in the series? I know in the first episode of Smallville, Clark the 14 year old did and that would have been in fall 2001. Is that a traveling fact that crossed over between series? I know a lot of recent fanfics by newer writers have TNAOS Lois calling TNAOS Clark "Smallville" now and then.
I know he demonstrated to Lois in JSN that he could sleep suspended in mid air, but he was awake when he did that. He didn't float up while snoozing.
Anyway I love that story. Lauren is a good character, and yeah, she just fell for a guy who happens to have a soul mate and is locked into his destiny in ff.

Nf

This one I love too because I'm the Beverly mentioned in the blurb. The author is from the SW RPG and often writes stories for us players. He's writing a couple of other L&C stories from the challenges I sent him.
I thought Jack and his brother were perfect fits. Runaways on the street, of course Clark would help them. The old guy who found him was where he wanted to be and didn't need or want help. He was already offering help to others.
I also really liked seeing it all from Henderson's point of view and getting to imagine a little background on him. Mr. laconic cop and his lawyer activist wife. Nice.

#231785 - 11/04/11 12:30 PM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: BevK]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

Do you have any other recommendations? I liked those but that's why I don't usually post feedback. I won't say I like something if I don't. I learned a long time ago to stay silent.
I just started reading the archives since I joined only a month ago. Suggestions will be appreciated.

Kate, who wishes she could find someone to write fanfic for her

#231792 - 11/04/11 07:17 PM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: KateW]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

Check out the archived stories for the author of DFN. He wrote some good stories, some with multiple endings that will make you laugh. (I mean the 3000+ archive.)

I think you'll like this one, too. I wasn't annoyed by either Lois or Clark though their portrayal is very 'series-ish.'

Carbon Copy

#231825 - 11/07/11 04:08 PM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: BevK]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

Okay! I tried reading Wilson's stories and there are some really good ones but he has a serious hair fetish that got on my nerves. Who writes like that anyway? LOL! Every other story there's a description of Lois changing her hairstyle. Some of them are only about haircutting and nothing else!!
Twice or so was enough for me. Okay, the guy likes short hair. I understand. I don't need it rammed into my brain. It's like every new Superman story starting with events on Krypton and Kal-El being saved. We know that already! Lois has short hair in this guy's stories. Got it.
I'm going to read Carbon Copy.

#231847 - 11/08/11 01:11 PM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: KateW]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

LOL! That's why I put the apology about the hair at the beginning of the Scardino Aargh because I know there are people who like her in short hair. Now, it wasn't that the guys hate short hair on women. They don't. They thought the "Tinkerbell" haircut in "Contact" was a good style for her and very sexy, but then they started changing it - the Wanda hair, the Alt Clark hairdo, both of which they hated and thought it aged her ten years. In the chat when we wrote the Scardino Aargh there was a lot of jokes on young Alt Clark falling in love with Mayor White's 40 year old sister, Wanda! They thought the Season 4 super short hair didn't suit Teri Hatcher at all. I've known the RPGers for years. We've met up at conventions and exchanged pictures, so I know some of these guys have wives, moms, sisters and girlfriends with short hair. They just thought it didn't suit Teri Hatcher.
Anyway, did you, at least, read "The Office Visit?" If you did I can send you "What Happened Next - Smallville's Revenge." (m/o)It's an independently written continuation of the ending to that story where Lois takes the money. I have to send it email because the author didn't have Mr. Wilson's permission to write a continuation, no matter how tongue in cheek, to the story so he just sent me an email copy and I still have it. Since Mr. Wilson says he might one day expand the story, "WHN-SR" is just some fun between fans of the story and it can't be posted anywhere on the internet.
I read TOV for the first time over a year ago and sent my friend, Rob, a link to it. Then I went to visit my folks for a while and when I got home some three or so hours later, "Smallville's Revenge" was waiting in my email box for me! Rob loved the bad Lois ending so much he immediately got an idea on how Clark could get even and he sat down and wrote it in just a few hours and sent it to me.
It's really funny.
If you want me to send an email to you, let me know.

#231861 - 11/09/11 11:13 AM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: BevK]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

Yes, please! The Argh was very funny and I like stuff like that. I'll give you my email through My Stuff. I can't wait to find out why SV needed revenge.
I liked Office Visit but, yes the implications of the alternate ending would be bad. The image of Lex being goosed was hilarious! I also liked it was a Lois-centric story.
Have you read any good stories where something like this has happened and Clark just had to deal with it? No soulmates ending.

#231864 - 11/09/11 03:26 PM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: KateW]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

What do you mean by soul mates ending? That Lois did something bad and they still ended up together, or H.G. Wells intervened and fixed everything?
Wells pops up in a lot of fanfic, fixing things and sometimes not. And so far every story where Lois does something to hurt Clark, he always forgives her and they end up together.

#231875 - 11/10/11 05:45 PM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: KateW]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

You answered my question.
To me a soulmate ending is where no matter what happens they are together at the end and on course for Utopia whether Wells had anything to do with it or not. Preferably not.
To me a non soulmates ending would be they end the story still apart but with the future open to getting back together. As much as I don't like the concept of soulmates I do believe in Superman/Clark and Lois Lane. It's nice and romantic that they are destined to be together, that in all incarnations they will find each other but it's so limiting to the characters that they can't experience real happiness unless it's together. No matter how good a life they might be having with someone else something will always be missing. What kind of life is that to experience over and over? What if Kal-El never made it to Earth? If he ended up on another planet with a yellow sun would the Lois soul spend eternity alone because the Clark soul is in an immortal body half the galaxy away?
Now that's a good fanfic idea. Would your friend be interested in writing something with that concept?

#231882 - 11/10/11 10:55 PM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: KateW]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

Well, the Clark-soul, as you put it, found it's way to Earth and to the Lois-soul didn't it? I'm sure the Lois-soul would find it's way to the Clark-soul no matter where it is. A soul on its own wouldn't need spacecraft to travel so it could end up anywhere in the galaxy. Or maybe the soul found baby Kal-El so he wouldn't be alone knowing he was destined to come to Earth. Oh, I don't know!
There are some stories out there where Lois marries Lex but she and Clark end up together in the end. There are some where they both marry others and never get together, but I really don't understand the purpose of those because they effectively trash the Lois and Clark concept. They are Lois and someone else and Clark and someone else. If you're a fan of Lois and Clark why waste the time writing them?
If you WANT to see them with other people and not one another - how does that make you a Lois and Clark fan to begin with? LOL! (JMO, no offense.)
So far I have seen only one story where Lois dumps Clark and marries Dan Scardino. Clark leaves to travel the world and Lois' marriage immediately begins to fall apart so that by the time the New Kryptonians arrive she and Dan are separated and she doesn't know where he is. Superman accepts his commitment to Zara and he is leaving with her, and Clark is going along to write about the struggle on New Krypton. biggrin I can give you a link to it, but despite the interesting plot, it isn't that well written. I'll give a spoiler. (M/O)

Lois can't sleep, she doesn't eat, she's slowly killing herself but she refuses to admit it's because she loves and misses Clark. She talks about wanting to have a baby with Dan but the marriage is over and he spends more time away investigating cases because he, at least, can face the fact that she is pining for Clark. He finally accepts an assignment and leaves without telling her where he is going, and he never comes back.
The story ends with Lois finally admitting her true feelings and going to Smallville and asking to see Clark, but Martha refuses, telling her to go home to her husband.
Lois sees Superman getting aboard the Kryptonian ship with Zara and she runs after him, asking him to tell Clark that she loves him. Kal-El says, "He knows." And he leaves for New Krypton, leaving an emaciated and very ill Lois in front of the Kent farm house alone.
As I said, in my opinion, and mine only, the story isn't written well, and that's why the spoiler. The writer needed a good beta reader to help them make the plot easier to read.
But again, I wonder, why write the story at all if you don't believe in the L&C concept?

#231889 - 11/11/11 12:30 PM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: BevK]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

Wow. That's too non soulmates for even me! There has tobe an opening that they will get together.
Okay, I guess the souls would connect somehow. But I still think the soulmates angle isn't needed. I want Clark to be able to walk away and give her the space she needs without moping around like a beaten dog. A lot of the writers I've read so far always have Lois reminding Clark she got along just fine without him before he arrived. Well, so did he. In fact he wasn't so miserable before he met her!

Carbon Copy

Very good. The two Clarks were great. Their interaction was so believable, and Lois was well written too. I LOVE that she didn't turn into the horror from hell when she learned Clark's secret. She reacted like the intelligent woman the series portrayed her to be. Anger, hurt, tears, sure but she actually was feeling that for both of them, not just her. She was a very mature Lois, not a screaming banshee.
Everybody read that story!

Kate, who wishes there were more mature Loises in fanfic

Page 2 of 265 < 1 2 3 4 ... 264 265 >

Moderator:  ChrisP, Kismatt