Lois and Clark Message Board
a triangle built for two     

Page 268 of 269 < 1 2 ... 266 267 268 269 >
Topic Options
#254029 - 02/08/18 07:15 PM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: KateW]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

Originally Posted By: KateW
the eeriest, cars were stopped along the road so we pulled over, too, and saw something weird.

Kate, who thinks Lois should make up for the blind dates she sent poor CK on, as mentioned in PML

You can't say that without details!

#254033 - 02/09/18 01:38 AM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: BevK]
PMC12 Offline
Lane and Kent

Yes, what was it?!

I suppose no matter what kind of date it was, something would happen too often to interrupt and get the reporter/cops sensing a potential story. Not every time, though. Fate has to work in their favor now and then.

#254034 - 02/09/18 11:27 AM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: BevK]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

Oh, all right. There are trees along the road for a long way, then a clear area and trees farther away, maybe a quarter mile or more away. People were watching a bright blue glow through the trees. Shortly after we stopped, it got brighter and started to rise slowly and just as the glow topped the trees, it went off. Nothing. No more glow. No idea what it was to this day. No one reported it, no investigation ensued, so no conclusions. We did all agree it was brighter than a hot air balloon unless someone was experimenting with putting a bright light inside one and we happened to catch it.

Kate, who discovered my date looked for mundane
explanations for such things

#254037 - 02/11/18 11:09 PM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: BevK]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

Sorta kinda like what happened to neighboring campers during our family camping trip a few years ago. We didn't see anything but park rangers came and questioned everyone after a family a short distance away from us were frightened into leaving during the previous night by a bright light they said hovered over trees across a large pond from their campsite. they called the park rangers but the light was gone by the time they arrived. My husband and all the other menfolk in the group went over the next night and stayed up late but saw nothing. They were very disappointed. tongue

#254038 - 02/12/18 12:43 PM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: BevK]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

You mentioned that before, I think. Was it reported? For us, people wondered what it was but we all got back in our cars and went on home. Anyway I always think of that as my eerie date.
Anyway, as I mentioned, CK and Lois could have some fun times. They dated during the time she was two timing him with Scardino, for Pete's sake! They must have had dates before and after she cheated on him- which, by the way, she didn't even think of doing with Lex.

Kate, getting herself all worked up now over the crazy situation

#254039 - 02/12/18 01:10 PM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: BevK]
PMC12 Offline
Lane and Kent

Hi, Kate.
I have an in law who will only say she and her son, who was about ten at the time (19 now) were going home from a movie and at a rural T junction, the boy said "Mom, look at the pretty lights." She saw something on the road that scared her enough to make her turn and get the 7734 out of there. That's all she'll say about it, and her sister says she was still scared when she and the boy got to her house and stayed the night. The boy said it was a "big bunch of bright lights blocking the whole road" in the direction they were supposed to turn to get home.
Now, back to business: Lois and Clark.
Love it when we get all worked up about those two! har

#254045 - 02/15/18 04:27 PM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: BevK]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

Wow. I admit that would scare me, too. I ain't fearless Lois Lane.
Many sorries, 666Lois, you can two time anyone you want to at any time. My bad for thinking that makes you less than desirable as a girlfriend.

Kate, adding 666Lois to the growing list of Lois personae

#254046 - 02/16/18 11:07 AM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: BevK]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

lol Lois isn't that bad! She needs to learn to control her emotions a little better and get a handle on her greed. Much of what she does in fanfic stems from her own obsessive need for recognition in her field or her inability to see past her own anger and self "centeredness."
It doesn't make her evil. It makes her childish. When she gets mad enough to throw a tantrum, lives can be destroyed- or should I say Clark's life can be destroyed. She's a bully, is what she is.

#254050 - 02/17/18 10:20 AM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: BevK]
PMC12 Offline
Lane and Kent

Fan fic Lois IS that bad. What's worse is how easily she is forgiven for the truly awful things she does. Forgiven and rewarded, I should say. And so many people love it when she hits people. Seen it in real life. Not admirable. Sorry, JMO, on the matter.

#254051 - 02/17/18 01:22 PM Re: WTFAF-- A Different Kind of Aargh!! [Re: BevK]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

“Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.”
- Isaac Asimov, Foundation

“All violence is the result of people tricking themselves into believing that their pain derives from other people and that consequently those people deserve to be punished.”
- Marshall B. Rosenberg, Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life

“Victory attained by violence is tantamount to a defeat for it is momentary."

(Satyagraha Leaflet No. 13, 3 May 1919)”
- Mahatma Gandhi

“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
- Ernst F. Schumacher

“Violence is a disease, a disease that corrupts all who use it regardless of the cause.”
- Chris Hedges

“I am a violent man who has learned not to be violent and regrets his violence.”
- John Lennon

“As much as it hurts, I would rather miss someone than hit someone.”
- Brian Celio

The last two are my favorites.

Page 268 of 269 < 1 2 ... 266 267 268 269 >

Moderator:  ChrisP, Kismatt