Page 37 of 37 < 1 2 ... 35 36 37
Topic Options
#254010 - 02/03/18 01:15 PM Re: Just Because It's GETTING SCARY! [Re: BevK]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

After #1000
Why is this scaring me? Is it just me?
This part of the interview especially:

"With his first step into the DC world coming at such a special point in Superman's publication history, and taking such a huge step toward significant changes in the characterís life, Bendis was obviously under a great deal of pressure. "Handing in that script was as nerve racking as anything I've ever done," he admits. "Not only was it my first statement on this universe I've just joined, but it's in the middle of this amazing anniversary filled with not only the greatest comic book creators of all time, but literally my heroes. There are people there who I look at in complete awe, and it was an honor just to be asked for those ten pages, let alone the first ten pages of what will hopefully be a long and successful run."

As for his Man of Steel miniseries, Bendis hints at significant upheaval ahead for Superman. "It's a big weekly Man of Steel event," he said, continuing, "Itís six issues, and Iím writing all of them. Theyíre telling the giant new story thatís the status quo, whatís going to be going on with Superman and Metropolis and everything around him. Again, itís following up on the big bombs we drop not only in Action Comics #1000, but following up all of those beats and digging in even deeper."

The lineup of artists involved in the miniseries is enough to humble any writer, as Bendis makes clear. "Every single issue is being drawn by one of the great DC artists working today, who are also some of the greatest DC artists of all time," he noted. "Iím very honored to be doing my first project with all of these artists Iíve never worked with before, who I think are amazing. The only artist Iíve worked with before in the run is Kevin Macguire, and I wouldnít do this without him, because I think heís one of the greatest DC artists of all time. But then I get to launch with Ivan Reis, Doc Shaner, Jason Fabok, and others whoíve done amazing runs with the character or whoíve been waiting to do very special thing with the character. Iím very honored they all said yes to this."

While keeping as much secret as he could, Bendis was willing to give us a little hint about what to expect from the miniseries. "The Man of Steel story will debut a huge new villain, a blockbuster villain who connects deeply to Supermanís origin story and to his birthright," Bendis revealed. "Weíre going to dig in very hard, this is one of my goals, to be a additive to Superman as possible. The characters we debut right away, including this new villain, will send ripples of horror across the entire Superman family and beyond!"

After Man of Steel's publication, Bendis will take over writing duties on the monthly titles Superman and Action Comics. The Superman monthly will relaunch with a new issue #1 on July 11, while Action Comics picks up with issue #1001 on July 25, and each will have a different approach and tone. While the main Superman title will be an adventure-driven book, Action Comics will delve into Clark Kent's daily life.

But when the two regular monthlies pick back up, things won't be the same in Superman' world. "The fallout of Man of Steel #6 is enormous," Bendis insists. "It's some of the biggest status quo changes to Superman literally since Crisis. So we'll be launching Superman with a brand new #1, and that's going to be very Superman-focused and big DC action stories. Action Comics will be launching with #1001, I'm very happy to say, and that will be focused more on Clark and Metropolis and the Daily Planet, and how the world of Superman effects the world of DC."

Bombs? I don't like talk about bombs! A new #1? Why does it need a new #1?
The only good thing I see is the elder Kents coming back.
The rest is scaring me.

#254014 - 02/05/18 01:09 PM Re: Just Because It's Funny or Fun [Re: BevK]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

Missing Christmas Story

This the Max Landis story that was deleted from the Christmas collection, DC Holiday Special 2017, due to the allegations made against him in December.
I think it is a good story. He does have an understanding of Superman and Clark Kent. Whatever the truth is about the allegations, I will give him that much.
I'm printing it before it disappears.
Considering all the fan fic nstuff that have happened in that car, TNAOS version, RIP pal.

Edited by BevK (02/05/18 02:56 PM)

#254016 - 02/06/18 12:07 PM Re: Just Because It's Funny or Fun [Re: BevK]
PMC12 Offline
Lane and Kent

I agree, for all his faults, allegations aside, Landis is a Superman fan. This story is almost cute, as far as he goes. It would have been the best in the collection if it wasn't pulled. The other stories were not that interesting, as I recall.
I do like the more modern, or progressive if you will, Lois and Clark as presented by the comics and some fics that let us see them dating and interacting as a young couple.
That is a totally untouched area in TNAOS fanfic for all the complaining about it.
They don't have to be actual stories, just little scenes to show them behaving as a young couple. And bring Lois into it instead of every description being from Clark's point of view. Twenty years of reading how beautiful Lois is IS GETTING OLD! Get over the infatuation with her! It can be done without turning her into the obsessive jerk Clark is! There is talent enough out there. I've seen and read it.

#254019 - 02/07/18 12:10 PM Re: Just Because It's Funny or Fun [Re: BevK]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

There is a problem with that.
Jumping on soapbox
Lois doesn't even LIKE Clark that much until after they do get married. Her walls were up and fully functional right up until Lex kidnapped her and replaced her with the clone. That little chat on the church steps showed it plainly. Then the next four months with Lex and Deter happened because those walls were still standing high and mighty and being reinforced by Lex and Mad Max as well as herself- in one memorable case by Lois herself begging Mad Max to help her get that idiot partner/fiance of hers out of her mind.
After all that: Is it really any wonder that Clark let her go off with Lex? Is it truly something no one can understand? Minus the MM part, of course.
All we'd get are stories of bad dates with her flinching away from his touch, that inner ff voice of hers questioning every positive reaction to him with derision, lots and lots of board games, too many instances of Lethal Weapons and a pizza- with her falling asleep all alone on the couch- or her fear of intimacy making those wonderful kisses from the series nonexistent in ff.
In all these years NO ONE is interested in writing happy fun stuff about Lois and Clark.

Edited by BevK (02/07/18 02:58 PM)

#254025 - 02/08/18 12:04 PM Re: Just Because It's Funny or Fun [Re: BevK]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

No fair ranting without me. Now I missed it and have nothing to add so late in the subject.

Kate, thinking phooey, but agreeing the walls were definitely still in place right up until minutes before the first wedding

#254055 - Yesterday at 11:15 AM Re: Just Because It's Funny or Fun [Re: BevK]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

I don't know where this is from originally, but it's funny, and it's on the FB page of The Super Museum. Aww, what a clever use of seashells, you modest man, you.
Super Antics #11
I've been following THIS PAGE since they featured Dean Cain's tour of the museum last summer.
There is also an awesome George Reeves montage by artist Todd Aaron Smith just below it.

And keep scrolling down for a funny film of the superhero gym! Oh heck, just look through their picture gallery, too, for the giant poster with all 1000 of the Action comics covers.

Edited by BevK (Today at 02:01 AM)
Edit Reason: had to mention the gym!

#254056 - Yesterday at 11:47 AM Re: Just Because It's Funny or Fun [Re: BevK]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

I've got this! 60 smackers! ($59.95)
Lois and Clark from TAS
The girls have one, too, but they opened theirs. smile
Every time I look at it, I imagine:
"Why are you angry?"
"I'm not."
"Then why are you clenching your fists?"
"I'm flexing."
"Well, stop it!"
"No."

#254057 - Yesterday at 12:01 PM Re: Just Because It's Funny or Fun [Re: BevK]
BevK Offline
Clark Defender

But it works!

It is on the museum's Twitter page.

Along with this interesting looking little book for my girls.

Edited by BevK (Yesterday at 12:06 PM)

#254060 - Today at 12:28 PM Re: Just Because It's Funny or Fun [Re: BevK]
KateW Offline
Clark Defenders United

We've been having a lot of fun going over the timelines of both museum sites.
I was trying to explain who William Katt was- the greatest American hero with the greatest American icon.
I need to get some GAH DVDs so the kids can see the show.

Kate, who saw reruns and liked them

Page 37 of 37 < 1 2 ... 35 36 37

Moderator:  ChrisP, Kismatt